• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yay, got a free Karla (-ATK +RES) with one of my summoning tickets.
Somebody is getting Wrath or Even Speed Wave after I collect her 8 dragonflowers.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I'm up to 4.75% and haven't got a single thing. Why does this happen only with the banner I actually want the units. :<

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018
So. no demotes. thanks for nothing IS
tried going for idunn but got roy instead. guess he already took idunn down

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Free summons have been shit, shit, shit, shit,... Idunn! Still love these tickets. Don't even care that she's -Atk.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I suspect that IS/DeNa really has some desire sensor shennanigans in place which triggers when you do lots of multiple pulls in a short span of time. It's especially devious in that it seems to detect if you're chasing after a colour. Let's say you have 9 orbs, and you're only sniping reds. There's like a 65% chance that the next summon circle you get will have 3 -5 red orbs, so you're tempted to spend money to pull all red orbs. This has happened to me lots of times... too many to be coincidental.

So anyway, I've been using a pulling strategy which has been working for the last 5 banners. I spread out my pulls throughout the duration of the banner instead of splurging it all in one continuous session.

I set aside 4-8 orbs and only started pulling after getting a summon ticket. Once I got a summon ticket, I'd do one session, and use those 4-8 orbs in case multiple orbs of the desired color came up. After doing a session, I wouldnt try again until some arbitrary number of hours had passed.

After getting the last summon ticket (about 27 hours later after its releasethe banner's release), I finally got Idunn (but as expected, she had the worst IVs -atk/+spd)

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Day 2, got 3 tickets so went back to summon. Got:

+ATK -RES Exalt Chrom (2nd one)
+HP -ATK Hector (2nd one, tho the other I had foddered off a while ago)
+RES -ATK Celica (will merge into my +RES -DEF one)
+RES -HP Lugh
+DEF -HP Amelia (2nd one)

I'm so fucking mad. I still have 300 orbs left, but God this banner is destroying me.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Made it over the tier 21 threshold with 3 battles to go. Unless the next two days are a disaster, should be good for staying in T21 now. That makes aether raids a bit less of a stress now at least.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Made it over the tier 21 threshold with 3 battles to go. Unless the next two days are a disaster, should be good for staying in T21 now. That makes aether raids a bit less of a stress now at least.

congratulations~

I strictly have a chance to get to T21 this week, but won't make a serious effort until Arvis light week. Because dear god, light arvis with bonus stats looks amazing.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
T21 is unfortunately getting a bit crowded already, I actually had to put in some effort to stay at top 3K this week.

Just finished building a Tharja and I'm curious to see how she'll perform at AR with a Vantage build. Hopefully it pays off just enough to deal with those troublesome teams you can't retreat from nor one-round them without sacrificing a unit.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Went for some more summons.

Got a +DEF -RES Iddun quite quickly. Then started snipping green in hopes for Sue, the one I wanted the most. Nothing. I decide I will stop at 100 orbs. At 109, a round with 2 reds and one grey. I choose red. -ATK +SPD fucking Sanaki (first one). I go for one more, 2 greens. Another fucking Lugh (+SPD -DEF tho, good IVs) and a 4* Nino.

I'm also sick of seeing Boey's and Cherche's face, they showed up 6 times each, and in close succession too. And I already have a +10 Cherche so she's useless to me.

Being a Binding Blade fan is suffering. Now to save orbs again. If I have a good amount by the end of the banner I might try again, but I'm not looking forward to that...

fek

Oct 26, 2017
T21 is unfortunately getting a bit crowded already, I actually had to put in some effort to stay at top 3K this week.

Just finished building a Tharja and I'm curious to see how she'll perform at AR with a Vantage build. Hopefully it pays off just enough to deal with those troublesome teams you can't retreat from nor one-round them without sacrificing a unit.
My strategy has been to just throw full buffed atk smoke Tharja in, kill the most troublesome unit on player phase and then kill everything else with CC vantage on enemy phase. But I'm on lower tiers, just got to 20 this week.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"they complained about the number of orbs being reduced in tap battle last month? I'll show them, no orbs at all this time!"-IS

The decision making gets better and better.

Edit:and a Reddit post pointed out just how bad the summoning pool problem is. It's been 5 months since a unit was added to blue (Silas), half a year since red (Silvia) and 10 months for colourless (legault). No wonder the pool feels so stale.

Last edited:

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I just made it to Tier 21 in Aether Raids as well. Got lucky this week since I didn't get attacked a single time after the first two days in the season, the matchmaking was bugged I suppose.. anyway, now I can take it easy on this mode.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
"they complained about the number of orbs being reduced in tap battle last month? I'll show them, no orbs at all this time!"-IS

Edit:and a Reddit post pointed out just how bad the summoning pool problem is. It's been 5 months since a unit was added to blue (Silas), half a year since red (Silvia) and 10 months for colourless (legault). No wonder the pool feels so stale.

Pool is stale, but we're still getting 2 free characters a month, something like Epic Seven (which I've been playing way more than FEH) have only given out 3 free characters (all before I started really playing it) in total and is probably only going to introduce 4 characters period this month, two of them as rate up pulls (0.8%) before the enter they regular pool..... And another 2 through an extremely limited system with a 0.625% and 0.9% (lower rarity character) chance respectively before they go to an even more limited system.

So yeah it's not always better on the other side....

I mean look @ the complaints about the random 3 random 5 stars we recently got and how they're shit rewards, yet Grandblue fantasy hands out an SSR ticket as one of their 5th anniversary rewards. I look @ the shop in Dragalia Lost and lol'd at the prices but one of the welcome packs has a random 5 star reward in it... what's not common place is being given a free character like Brave Lyn and Brave Veronica they moment they are released. (Something FEH doesn't get enough credit for doing)

And as for the stale pool... well next month is the anniversary of the only time they've really addressed that issue, hopefully April's 2019 FEH channel lives up to last years....

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A Tap Battle re-run? I'm really starting to think that the FEH team is helping out to finish up Three Houses. Let's hope that the stuff teased for April is something bigger than some changes to VGs.

Anyway. Entered T21! Got a -60 Lift loss today, but got 220 Lift from the two offense matches (second one went shit) and currently sitting at 11.150 Lift. So even with a full loss tomorrow, the last time I can lose Lift this season, and losing the single match tomorrow, I'm set for staying in T21.

Never again. Glad this is over.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me is thinking there are no orbs in this tap battle because it's a re-run and they'll be back in the next new tap battle.
But on the other hand they straight up removed orbs from the monthly quest so it wouldn't surprise me if there are no orbs in the next tap battle either.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
No orbs for tap battle!? Wtf IS? Seriously it's terrible decision after terrible decision... I keep hoping they will learn something but at this point I think I'm just gonna delete the game.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
The summoning pool and availability of new skills are big issues that have been making the game perform worse lately. Banners still do fine in JP but NA market has tanked hard.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Ah.

Restructure tap battle rewards so orbs appear only in quests. Than create a rerun where accessories can take up all quests rewards that were there last month.

Interesting maneuver. 🤔

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
People will say that there are no orbs because it's a re-run, then next month will also be a re-run. And even if it isn't and still there aren't any orbs, people will keep making excuses for IS.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So after trying all week to make a Jugdral only base, I decided to go back to my old one.

It's not amazing, but it has almost always been reliable at picking up a kill or two. HS!Micaiah and Deirdre shut down a lot of strategies that rely on dragons or armors for supertanking and while Olivia is relatively easy to snipe, it's too difficult to get out of range if you do

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018

did not expect them to do a tap battle rerun like that
yeah it's pretty bad. we can hope IS can somehow clean up he summoning pool.
both the lack of new units and how much of a pain it can be to get certain units for fodder

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling a bit stalled on this game right now. I have a few new units I like, but I feel very little motivation to build any of them because I don't feel drawn to any particular game mode these days. AR has gotten stale, and building for arena feels pointless because of the cheerleader thing.

I have a few options open to me, but I'm not sure which one I want to do.

- I got some DC fodder from the LRoy banner but I'm not sure who to give it to. Laevatein? B.Ephriam? Sigurd? Myrrh? SY.Tiki?
- I have two vanilla Micaiahs and two Dancer Micaiahs. I might try to make a birb team for kicks.
- I have enough feathers to promote and merge another +10 unit now, but I don't know who. Candidates are probably MRobin, Eirika, Olivia, OG Roy, and maybe MMarth.

A Tap Battle re-run? I'm really starting to think that the FEH team is helping out to finish up Three Houses. Let's hope that the stuff teased for April is something bigger than some changes to VGs.

Anyway. Entered T21! Got a -60 Lift loss today, but got 220 Lift from the two offense matches (second one went shit) and currently sitting at 11.150 Lift. So even with a full loss tomorrow, the last time I can lose Lift this season, and losing the single match tomorrow, I'm set for staying in T21.

Never again. Glad this is over.
Congrats! I sort of tried for t21 this week, got a few losses, then just gave up and went back to coasting. I'll see if I want to try again next light+Eir season.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
asdf. I had draw back instead of ardent sacrifice on Arvis and accidentally killed Saias.

I get two fights tomorrow (at 30 aether) and am 180 lift shy of T21. Dear naga, I have butterflies in my stomach since I was taking it easy this week but if I can get there... that'll be a huge relief. I hope my base defends itself well tomorrow, since that will determine how much breathing room I have).

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Calendar's out.
March 11: GHB (Rutger)

March 13: New Power Banner (Klein, Sophia, Sonya, Delthea)

March 14: Grand Coquests

March 16: Movement Type Quests

March 19: Special Heroes Banner, Login Bonus

March 20: Ishtar/Reinhardt BHB Revival

March 21: TT Login Bonus

March 23: TT+

March 24: Bond Skills Banner

March 26: BHB (Fir + Bartre)

March 28: VG Banner, Login Bonus

March 29: Mythic Banner, Mythic Hero Battle

April 1: Voting Gauntlet

April 3: GHB Revival (Garon)

April 5: Odd Wave Skills Banner

April 6: Anima Blessing Quests

April 10: New Heroes Banner, Login Bonus, April Orb Promo

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
speaking of calenders, since DST started we shouldn't need to mentally add a day anymore. So, 3/19 means early morning of 3/19 for USians, for example.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Also, the odd awve skill banner is impossible to mess up. Leavatein, Lewyn, Ishtar, and Loki are the only units who can be on it; I imagine Levatein is there otherwise they'd have called it the 'odd attack wave banner.' Ishtar and Loki seems like the most likely two, since Lewyn was just on a solid banner.

And if you want a mobile tactics room i mean Loki, that banner is probably your best shot.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the odd awve skill banner is impossible to mess up. Leavatein, Lewyn, Ishtar, and Loki are the only units who can be on it; I imagine Levatein is there otherwise they'd have called it the 'odd attack wave banner.' Ishtar and Loki seems like the most likely two, since Lewyn was just on a solid banner.

And if you want a mobile tactics room i mean Loki, that banner is probably your best shot.
Loki is one of my MVPs in AR offense. If you play AR then she'll really help.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Still stuck on AR19 but I haven't been going at it too seriously. My defense does fine, I only lost 80 lift this season but my offense is just not built for this mode and I'm still only at level 2 for my offensive fortress. I could retool a couple things on offense, but at Lift + 140 and only 11 guaranteed matches getting +1400 including losses from defense just seems unattainable. I need to upgrade my Aither storage and get one more escape ladder to help but still just need to retool my offense entirely. I guess it would help if I was getting that +20 Aither each match but I'm struggling to win with no unit losses as it is.

It's the only thing that still keeps me logging in, seeing defense replays is fun. But super demoralized after not getting a single 5* on the legendary banner let alone a Surtr after 200 orbs.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So next week for the bunny heroes. Have there been any informations on why the BB banner runs for more than a month, compared to the other new heroes banners so far?

New power banner, hmm, i free-pull-try for Klein, got all the others (yes even Merric ;_;) and i'm not interested in Sophia.

Interesting is that if the April update really only is about VG, the one that basically ends days before the next update will still have the old gameplay. But honestly, there has to be more than just that.

Please, for the love of Ashera, let the next mythical hero either be Dark or Astra. It's been long enough, let players run a defensive and offensive bonus at the same time! I managed to enter the last "counting" tier in AR, but i had some luck with the defensive matches this time. Others didn't, let them have a fair shot at T21.

Oh and, nooooooo reinforcements map for Rutger.

Congrats! I sort of tried for t21 this week, got a few losses, then just gave up and went back to coasting. I'll see if I want to try again next light+Eir season.

Thanks, but honestly, without double Eir in the team, i wouldn't have made it either i think. Guess the mythical hero banner end of the month will have Eir again, try to get a second one. Or if the new mythical hero really is Dark or Astra, try to get that one in order to run a defensive and offensive bonus at the same time. That should really help players struggling with T21.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Question: will fire season overlap with next light season?

I'm curious if I can use Larth as a light blessed hero in two weeks. 🤔

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we still have 2 seasons of fire.
TvE3Cvp.png

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Cool. I can use Larth to give Arvis Infantry Flash support for more iceberg nukes.

I too have joined the ranks of AR 21. I got 11,000 loft exactly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.