• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a rather slow week until the next seasonals. Will probably just work on my AR teams while waiting for the April update.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So next week for the bunny heroes. Have there been any informations on why the BB banner runs for more than a month, compared to the other new heroes banners so far?

New power banner, hmm, i free-pull-try for Klein, got all the others (yes even Merric ;_;) and i'm not interested in Sophia.

Interesting is that if the April update really only is about VG, the one that basically ends days before the next update will still have the old gameplay. But honestly, there has to be more than just that.

Please, for the love of Ashera, let the next mythical hero either be Dark or Astra. It's been long enough, let players run a defensive and offensive bonus at the same time! I managed to enter the last "counting" tier in AR, but i had some luck with the defensive matches this time. Others didn't, let them have a fair shot at T21.

Oh and, nooooooo reinforcements map for Rutger.

Thanks, but honestly, without double Eir in the team, i wouldn't have made it either i think. Guess the mythical hero banner end of the month will have Eir again, try to get a second one. Or if the new mythical hero really is Dark or Astra, try to get that one in order to run a defensive and offensive bonus at the same time. That should really help players struggling with T21.
I have a second Eir, but I've been having trouble making the team work because that really limits the units I can use. I'd need to fit some more utility in my remaining units somehow.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I have a second Eir, but I've been having trouble making the team work because that really limits the units I can use. I'd need to fit some more utility in my remaining units somehow.

My plan was to "superpower" 3 units that benefit from Eir's blessing, HP and Res, while abusing the fortress difference stat boost, that's been at least 1 level in most fights. Eir with double bonus stats (from bonus hero and difference boost) is strong enough, Nowi and Myrrh became nigh unkillable due to +10 HP / Res, and for the hard nuts (aka high merge armors) i used HMicaiah.

I don't want to say it worked flawlessly, or very good ... but good enough certainly.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't think the April update is only about VG. I don't see how Roy's mysterious ability will tie into that.

I think we'll be getting a new mode that's comparable to grand conquest. Not as big as AR, but not as simple, say, forging bonds.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC last year's April update had:
- Mass Demotions
- Tempest Trial upgrade
- Grand Conquest announcement
- Second GHB rotation

So I'm hoping that this year will be:
- Mass Demotions+
- Voting Gauntlet upgrade (the battle ballot thing)
- New game mode (the L!Roy thing)
- Third (and maybe fourth as well) GHB rotation

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My plan was to "superpower" 3 units that benefit from Eir's blessing, HP and Res, while abusing the fortress difference stat boost, that's been at least 1 level in most fights. Eir with double bonus stats (from bonus hero and difference boost) is strong enough, Nowi and Myrrh became nigh unkillable due to +10 HP / Res, and for the hard nuts (aka high merge armors) i used HMicaiah.

I don't want to say it worked flawlessly, or very good ... but good enough certainly.
I just realized I could swap my dancer for HMicaiah to solve a lot of issues. And I didn't know that the bonus stats stacked with multiple Eirs like that.

What's your build on HMIcaiah? At a glance, it looks like her base kit is pretty good as it is, though she could probably benefit from the usual dancer go-tos like WoM.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My HS Micaiah uses atk/Res bond (death blow is probably better), WoM, and whatever C skill benefits the team like a drive/spur/hone/tactics. For S, attack+3 is fine.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC last year's April update had:
- Mass Demotions
- Tempest Trial upgrade
- Grand Conquest announcement
- Second GHB rotation

So I'm hoping that this year will be:
- Mass Demotions+
- Voting Gauntlet upgrade (the battle ballot thing)
- New game mode (the L!Roy thing)
- Third (and maybe fourth as well) GHB rotation

I don't think there's enough GHB for 2 more rotations, but definitely enough for one more:
- Oliver.
- Lyon.
- FTakumi.
- Saias.
- MKana.
- Julius.
- Linus.

There are 8 GHB after that but most haven't gotten their first revival yet so I don't think they'll make 2 rotations yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, for a 4th daily rotation we'd need to have Panne's GHB come back first. That'll take about 4-5 months.

The 4th rotation would look like this:
Walhart
Jamke
Garon
Aversa
Gharnef
Naesala
Panne

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I imagined that would be the case. I mentioned it because the second rotation quests are ending soon, but it would make more sense if they added a new rotation every year instead of the two they did the first time.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Killed my second Surtr (well, he was a combat manual anyway) to give Quan Steady Stance 4.

Was able to beat Rutger map that change. It really does suit his playstyle. He would probably prefer DC to deal with archers/daggers, but SS4 is fine.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
I'm here to put some respek on L. Roy's name. The one I got is -atk +spd.

I had a pity -spd adrift m corrin, so I gave null follow up to the boy. That already makes him reasonably great.

Then I went and gave L. Azura hone attack 4 (+7 atk) from my -def +spd (lol) N.Y. Hrid. To go along with earth dance seal.

That's +10/+14 to all stats. He managed to kill a merged B. Hector in AR.

He's got summoner support and 3 flowers to patch up his -atk.

I got the perfect storm of units I didn't even want. Especially N.Y. Hrid.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally spent all my Heroic Grails on W!Cecilia to get her to +7. With a defense Goodie Boot, she ended up at 35/40 Def/Res. Still running a weird sort of mixed-phase build with Close Counter and Bold Fighter on my AR defense team. Tempted to sac my last MGrima for Vengeful, but her having Bold has at least forced kept attacking AR teams honest, where they can't completely ignore the slow-moving armor. I probably shouldn't be using armors in AR defense, it's just an interesting challenge to make them work.

She's a fun unit either way, though. Back down to 150 grails, still over 1000 to go to +10 her.

I'm here to put some respek on L. Roy's name. The one I got is -atk +spd.

He's great. It's nice how they've given so many options to buff him (his personal skill, L!Azura, Tactics, Kaden, Hone 4) that he plugs into a lot of different types of teams.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
No orbs for tap battle!? Wtf IS? Seriously it's terrible decision after terrible decision... I keep hoping they will learn something but at this point I think I'm just gonna delete the game.

Orbs were the only reason I played that mode.

Jan + Feb 19 were 2 of the biggest orb months we've had in this game, while it was down compared to 2018 we traded 21 orbs for three 5 star tickets.

Yes it was random, but that's normal for gatcha. I can spend money right now and buy a 5 star ticket for Dragalia Lost, or a 4-5 star/Moonlight ticket in Epic Seven. Guess what, I don't get to choose what character I get, it's random! Grandblue Fantasy 5th anniverasy, one of the rewards is an SSR ticket... do you think you get to choose what you get? Heck no.

The summoning pool and availability of new skills are big issues that have been making the game perform worse lately. Banners still do fine in JP but NA market has tanked hard.

It was JP that tanked in the tail end of 2018 and NA carried FEH..... hard to believe it has completely flipped in 3 months.... but Roy is their boy.

FEH was the #2 anime mobage for revenue in America of last year if this video is to be believed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_muIT_IG8E

And looking at the last month on sensor tower it's in the same ball park as Fate Grand Order and Epic Seven, Dragalia Lost is well below them 3.

Looking at how Roy's Legendary banner and Idunn's banner performed in Japan, I would be fast tracking another BB ASAP if I was IS.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine the team for FEH isn't the biggest at IS, so even if revenue might go down a bit in some regions, it's still enough to warrant working on the game. But i really think that the multiple delays of Three Houses had an impact on FEH, either because planned and finished content had to be pushed back, or because IS took some FEH team members to help finally finishing Three Houses.
Something must've went wrong with that game, either due to the co-development with KT or whatever.

I know, might sound crazy, but i really would be in for an Awakening banner, IF (!) the banner would feature some of the missing Shepherds and no alts. Also, Flavia, very important that it features Flavia. Or another Sacred Stones one.

E:

So, this season's AR blessing rewards are Astra and Dark. I think that pretty much confirms this months mythical hero's element is one of those. Freaking finally.

I just realized I could swap my dancer for HMicaiah to solve a lot of issues. And I didn't know that the bonus stats stacked with multiple Eirs like that.

What's your build on HMIcaiah? At a glance, it looks like her base kit is pretty good as it is, though she could probably benefit from the usual dancer go-tos like WoM.

I kept Atk/Res Bond, gave her WoM, and C-skill is either a Ploy or a Tactic skill, but that depends on the team. Reason i kept her bond skill is that her Res is very useful, with Eir blessings and Atk/Res she even tanks blue mages (not named Reinhardt or Ophelia). Seal ... i went with something crazy, Atk/Spd Bond. With that she can more reliably kill some of the "faster" armors and more Atk is always nice.

But Deathblow 3 (4) is also a great skill for her, less depending on positioning, though only for player phase. With Res that high, you might even try Null C-Disrupt instead of WoM on her, if you feel like putting premium skills on her.

WoM seal when, IS?

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Orbs were the only reason I played that mode.

Jan + Feb 19 were 2 of the biggest orb months we've had in this game, while it was down compared to 2018 we traded 21 orbs for three 5 star tickets.

Yes it was random, but that's normal for gatcha. I can spend money right now and buy a 5 star ticket for Dragalia Lost, or a 4-5 star/Moonlight ticket in Epic Seven. Guess what, I don't get to choose what character I get, it's random! Grandblue Fantasy 5th anniverasy, one of the rewards is an SSR ticket... do you think you get to choose what you get? Heck no.
Er... GranBlue Fantasy 5th anniversary actually gave out a choose your own 5* weapon ticket for free and it selling a choose your own SSR character ticket for the regular price of like $28. That's on top of daily roulette free pulls and SR/SSR random ticket.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Since it's a slow week, i started grinding out the Ordeals for the gen 1 and gen 2 units that i have trained to lvl 40 (4* / 5*) ... teeeeeeeeeeeedious garbage. Few of them, especially some of the gen 2 GHB ones, are also annoyingly stupid from the layout. Lyon for example, dude's weak to begin with, but the game is like "Here, have a Donnel and a Klein who just fuck shit up with their brave weapons while you're locked in a tight spot at the maps top".
And it's always, ALWAYS, some sort of bow hero in a special spot, Saias and Julius aren't fans of Faye, for example.

All that for 8 or even just 2 Dragonflowers ... nah man.

Now to level up the unused ones for their flowers. Made me realize how salty i am that IS did Canas no good, i really like the dude in Blazing Blade.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the slow week to actually play Tactics Drills instead of ignoring them...and WOW. I kind of REALLY love them??? They remind me of the Yugioh puzzles that I loved in the GBA games way back when. They're so neat, and I got the gf to play some with me :)

I feel like every day I love Fire Emblem Heroes more and more. The game has never been better and it KEEPS getting better!!!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Tactics Drills are weird IMO. Skill Studies can be super-easy (the latest one with Tharja and Robin basically spells (heh) out everything you need to do). Grandmaster, on the other hand, is almost BS because of the sheer amount of turns. But they are a good lesson in learning about AI and how someone is just bulky enough to survive an attack despite WT.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
It was JP that tanked in the tail end of 2018 and NA carried FEH..... hard to believe it has completely flipped in 3 months.... but Roy is their boy.

FEH was the #2 anime mobage for revenue in America of last year if this video is to be believed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_muIT_IG8E

And looking at the last month on sensor tower it's in the same ball park as Fate Grand Order and Epic Seven, Dragalia Lost is well below them 3.

Looking at how Roy's Legendary banner and Idunn's banner performed in Japan, I would be fast tracking another BB ASAP if I was IS.

Past few banners have ranked much worse in NA than JP: FE6 was #9/#37, LRoy was #9/#23, Beasts was #20/#38, Valentine's was #13/37 and a similar pattern follows for the last few months. I believe rankings started to go down with Surtr banner.

Last edited:

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I havent used a single dragonflower, the old habit of not using consumables in RPGs in full display, I don't even know who to use them on, like Neph is my favorite character but what if they introduced RD Neph and it turns out to be better than PoR Neph...

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoarding dragonflowers until I can +10 an infantry unit. It'll probably be Nino or the new Fir I'm trying to build but I'll need a Nailah, first.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Finally got to try out my serpent/DD6 with Kaden support Saias combo against an Ophelia.

I wonder how they'll respond when a Saias of all peeps murdered their Ophelia on EP.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
After the Ordeals marathon (fitting name btw...) today, i can't +5 a single armor or a single cav, can +5 and +2 two fliers and +8 a gen 1 / 2 infantry or Nailah. With the ones left i think i can push the cav and armor side to a +5 for one unit.

:[

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hoarding the flowers until they are easier to come by or I can +10 a unit. I don't see the benefit in a couple stat points anymore to commit to something unless I'm ready to go all in.

On that note I've been hoarding feathers all along (like 800,000) not realizing I don't have enough crystals to promote that many units :(

I could do maybe 1 - 5*+10, maaaybe 2.

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to get a hero to lvl20 to promote them anymore - they got rid of that when combat manuals were implemented.
People say arena medals are useless? They keep cramming crystals into my inventory and I'll NEVER be able to use them all.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I find crystals useful atm as I'm trying to grind through Heroic ordeals. Not enough to get to level 40, but plenty to get to level 20.

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought of it that way.
I guess I'm not hurting for crystals because I ended up leveling a ton of 4* characters manually for badges during the early days, and all of the year 1 ordeals are against lvl 30 characters anyway so babysitting with a Pain+Savage Blow 6 character or Surtr goes a long way.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So I've been using this Saias build in AR with better success than I thought, but I'm thinking what to do with his B slot (C slot will be attack smoke once I have more kazr to fodder). That said, because he fights a lot of Ophelia (it's his primary role), the HP requirement makes guard a rather pointless skill. Warding stance 4 when.

I use him with Kaden for +15 res/spd (+6 visible) once Kaden shoves him.

I've been thinking on and off of using my Eir combat manual for mystic boost 3 for +6 hp after every battle. If I could get atk/def link that'd pair so well Kaden but I don't have that fodder. I've used QR3, but it's usually unnecessary with 49 effective speed; it has a similar HP issue as guard. Bowbreaker for the occasional BLyn who uses mulagir? What other B skills would be great for my Saias?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Who are some good units for DC? I think I'm currently considering Laevatein, but OG Myrrh, and maybe SY.Tiki are also possible options. I've never given DC to anyone before so I'm pretty nervous.

Laevatein has been doing great for me, so I was eyeing her DC+Vantage build.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Who are some good units for DC? I think I'm currently considering Laevatein, but OG Myrrh, and maybe SY.Tiki are also possible options. I've never given DC to anyone before so I'm pretty nervous.

Laevatein has been doing great for me, so I was eyeing her DC+Vantage build.
Laevatein is a good user of DC, but it's hard to recommend her when there are so many infantry swords with DC built into their weapon. Myrrh's mixed bulk, colour and Adaptive Damage make her a stellar DC user and the one I'd recommend. SY!Tiki is also great on paper, but I don't have her too know for sure.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Laevatein is a good user of DC, but it's hard to recommend her when there are so many infantry swords with DC built into their weapon. Myrrh's mixed bulk, colour and Adaptive Damage make her a stellar DC user and the one I'd recommend. SY!Tiki is also great on paper, but I don't have her too know for sure.

is this a joke

the whole point of DC Laevatein (especially in AR) is that she hits way harder on counter than the other swords, hard enough to Vantage OHKO

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't know much about Laevatein, but any sword user running DC+vantage user has to compete with Ares who sets a very high bar. Like, Laevatein probably doesn't need to get her special ready to ohko and punishes people who abuse stat buffs but... Hmm.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
is this a joke

the whole point of DC Laevatein (especially in AR) is that she hits way harder on counter than the other swords, hard enough to Vantage OHKO
She hits way harder than all of them, but they exist. Everyone has Legendary Ike. Legendary Roy just dropped. I'm just saying that DC infantry swords are more common than DC flying green dragon.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Who is a good user of Wrath? I'm thinking Fir because I have enough manuals to +10 her eventually. I also have 2 Lyns, one +ATk the other +SPD. Any other common unit that benefits from it?

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that Hone Dragons is only available in 2 units, Myrrh and A!Male Corrin, even the Goad/Wards skills remain locked to 5 star exclusive units, why must your hurt me IS, dragons are my favorite unit type in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.