• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Oh mixed lucked, why do you always come for me?!
While I am already at 4.5% hunting for Idunn, the game gave me a free -Atk Delthea today. My completionist heart rejoices but I see no actual use in her besides that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
My god i'm fucking up nearly all of my AR T21 offense matches this week, already out of ladders on the second day. ^^

It's a def week, and i'm in the last tier where you're not getting dropped at the end of the season no matter what amount of Lift you have ... so i don't really care. But boy, Duma with bonus stats and fortress difference buffs is one arse to take down.

Strangely, my defense score is much better this week, no Lift loss (despite two losses?) and 50% win chance with the thrown-together-in-a-minute def team. Guess my +10 CC Tharja does catch some people off-guard.

New power banner had me Bonejack'ed again, 3* Leon. But i won't try again for Klein, i have a 4* +Spd and +Atk one if i feel like promoting him again.

Sooo ... anyone else hoping someone fucks up again and the bunny heroes for next week leak early? Don't feel like waiting for the silhouette tease (if there is one) on saturday and the video on sunday. First world problems. ^^

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
She hits way harder than all of them, but they exist. Everyone has Legendary Ike. Legendary Roy just dropped. I'm just saying that DC infantry swords are more common than DC flying green dragon.

Laevatein also gets screwed over by Panic pretty easily, so a single Aversa can ruin her (and they're fairly common in AR).

Pulled a 2nd Sonya with my freebie today with the same Asset as my original one, so that was nice. But this month is feeling really barren with the lack of... stuff and changes for the worse.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Oh mixed lucked, why do you always come for me?!
While I am already at 4.5% hunting for Idunn, the game gave me a free -Atk Delthea today. My completionist heart rejoices but I see no actual use in her besides that.

I have three Delthea's lol. Don't even want to merge her and Death Blow 3 is super common nowadays so they just rot in my barracks. I made sure I didn't pull blue for my free summon on this banner!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, some of these units i have to level up for their Heoric Ordeals make levelling them up an ordeal itself ... Canas can't kill shit ... dude, i want to like you.

I have three Delthea's lol. Don't even want to merge her and Death Blow 3 is super common nowadays so they just rot in my barracks. I made sure I didn't pull blue for my free summon on this banner!

Drive Atk 2 would be a more valuable inheritance from her, since it's locked to 5* on pullable units and only available at 4* by Groomarth, and thus via grails.

Oct 25, 2017
Laevatein also gets screwed over by Panic pretty easily, so a single Aversa can ruin her (and they're fairly common in AR).

Pulled a 2nd Sonya with my freebie today with the same Asset as my original one, so that was nice. But this month is feeling really barren with the lack of... stuff and changes for the worse.
Laev you just buff with Tactics though, break panic buildings and dont stand in the same line as a panic unit...

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My Jugdral defense team got a success. Someone was like "my Tibarn in the corner can avoid Finn in this corner."

That's the corner that sets up Ares you fool. Anyway best bonfire nuke boy proceeded to sweep his team and it was glorious.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Aversa does absolutely nothing to stop megatanks because it's not like they're standing next to anyone on EP in the first place

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Not to mention a lot of supetanks usually have high enough HP to avoid Aversa anyway. Especially if they're on double Eir teams in light season.

Like, Nowi iirc has 54 hp at +10. It's very difficult for Aversa to surpass that. I'm using Nowi as an example since she's a relatively common supertank.

If you're having trouble with supertanks, I've found a good strategy is use dragon and armor effective weaponry makes a great deterrent; most supertanks fall into either of those categories.

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention a lot of supetanks usually have high enough HP to avoid Aversa anyway. Especially if they're on double Eir teams in light season.

Like, Nowi iirc has 54 hp at +10. It's very difficult for Aversa to surpass that. I'm using Nowi as an example since she's a relatively common supertank.

If you're having trouble with supertanks, I've found a good strategy is use dragon and armor effective weaponry makes a great deterrent; most supertanks fall into either of those categories.
WCecilia cant dodge Aversa with HP alone, but I just buff her with LAzura and move her a space away

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I can see the argument for Ares, but I ended up putting DC on Laev because I really like her blade blade. I have more fodder for Myrrh so I might build her too.

I've found that Laevatein works really well with W.Eirika because Eirika can both buff and restore panic. A lot of my AR defense kills come from people using Aversa or panic to debuff Laevatein, without realizing that Eirika restores her right away. Sometimes that's the only kill I get, but at least it's better than eating -80 I guess.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting back into this game again. I kind of want to play pretty casually. If playing casually and not aiming to optimize ranks in arena and all that stuff, am I missing out by not building toward merged characters? Rather just focusing on maxing out characters and skills at 5*? Or is there content I just wont be able to do?

Also, say I have a level 1 character that I want to use. What's the best way to take them to 40 nowadays?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
If they decide to do an all Fates seasonal banner again will it be called "Hares of Fate" ?

Sorry not sorry for my terrible pun 🙃

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting back into this game again. I kind of want to play pretty casually. If playing casually and not aiming to optimize ranks in arena and all that stuff, am I missing out by not building toward merged characters? Rather just focusing on maxing out characters and skills at 5*? Or is there content I just wont be able to do?
Naw, play the way you want. I've been playing since launch but am perfectly fine not going past T18 in Arena.

As far as content goes, you'll want to keep one unmerged copy of any free units (Fjorm, Legendary Ike, Eir, 4* Olivia, etc). If you're really stuck on a difficult piece of content like an infernal Grand Hero Battle, there are guides out there that only use the free neutral heroes.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Useful link of f2p units : https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Reward_units

Don't feel pressured to find every GHB and TT unit you missed; most guides tend towards permanent units like LIke, Eir, and Fjorm and the first 14 GHB. The only TT unit who has some regularity is Young Azura; if you need a dancer, consider getting her from the grail shop. Otherwise, keep on mind it's helpful to have one copy of any "three heroes" unit listed above. Prioritize neutral heroes, but for the important characters (like Olivia), you can usually inherit the appropriate A skill to fix her flaw and she'll be fine.

The grail shop, if you're not aware, allows you to buy any GHB or TT unit. You're given 200 grails for free. Forging Bonds gives 40 grails; the rest comes from Aether Raids which, uhh, isn't the most casual friendly mode.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Got me a sonya from two green stones with a coin flip. I can't be the only one who does this, lmao.

And I totally blew an AR match due to cocky shenanigans and my defense decided to block tsar bomba lilina from getting to surtr while they do 0 damage. Jesus.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
With bunny heroes coming up there really isn't anything to look forward to this month.
Maybe the next mythic hero will catch my fancy.
My LA! Eliwood will reach 40+6 tomorrow. I wonder if I'll be able to get enough dragon flowers for him by the time he reaches 40+10.
I can't seem to get out of rank 19 playing AR. But it also seems like a hassle.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I was stuck in AR tier 19 for a long time. A lot of it comes down to skill and luck, but things on offense I found helpful:
  • Green Res tanks help with a lot of the meta. +Res Cecilia TA3 raven is not only a solid budget option, but a great option in general.
  • Colorless supertanks are also great. W!Cecilia seems really solid; I've heard people have had luck with Niles, although only if there's few physical ranged threats.
  • Put a pain+ SB6 healer in at least one team to deal with the occasinal armor block.
  • Smite is your friend. You need Eir for light week to advance a tier, so I put smite on her.
  • Limit offense buildings. Most of them are unreliable at best. I use escape ladder, fortress, and bonus building. The extra space to maneuver is better.
  • For the love of Naga, level your ladder and offense fort before anything else.
  • Have an armor killer handy for the clutch kill. HS!Micaiah is best, but Olivia with armorsmasher and axebreaker should do.
  • Galeforce is your friend, or so I've heard. One of the best PP strategies is to use a high attack/speed unit or two to kill a bunch of foes by procing galeforce, and have them be below half health (e.g. from bolt trap) so the rest of your team can WoM to kill the rest of the team. Haven't actually done this myself.
  • Always have one strong PP unit on your team. Yes, AR lends itself to strong EP strategy, but you will miss out on that clutch kill if you don't keep someone like Reinhardt around. I used Tailtiu for this
  • Vantage shenanigans help. I'm not sure who the best budget vantage user is (probably Tiki, Nowi, or Fae) but so many AR teams can be shut down by a good vantage user.
Not saying all of these strategies are a one way ticket to higher tiers, but it's stuff that helped me that doesn't use resources besides feathers.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Here are my bad tips for AR:
  • I don't care how buff your red unit is, it's still getting one-shot by Rein.
  • In a pinch, Eir can take out any mage or dragon with adaptive damage. Also don't be shy using her to debuff Surtr even if you do 0 damage.
  • Offense buildings: panic is situational but sometimes works on teams that like buffs. Healing is good when you don't have Eir. Tactics isn't great but can pull off some clutch gravity on an enemy Veronica/mage. Sometimes you need the extra space because some people like to put their buildings as far down as possible and just rush you with cavalry.
  • Defense: use tricks to pick off a couple units, even if you lose every battle. WoM on everyone, dancers with no weapon, Daggerbreaker during Light season, etc. I like the healing building to counter Duma (in Anima season), and Tactics level 3 can shut down enemy ranged units (they take longer to setup). Catapult is situational, bolt tower is whatever, and the damage trap can trigger WoM for your opponent so don't upgrade that too much.
  • Surtr can be handled if you leave him for last, take out the healing buildings, and still have 2-3 turns left. I just chip him down with mage cavalry even without WTA.
  • Some defense teams are scary until you realize you can park TA Cecilia in Veronica's range and take 0 damage twice. I take no responsibility for Savage Blow chip damage.
  • I never used Smite. Reposition and Draw Back were all I needed. Reposition someone onto a trap and it sort of accomplishes the same thing. Just make sure your dancer is nearby to pull them out.
  • Grouped armour isn't a problem for BLyn with Sacae's or Dazzling/Firesweep. Get in that chip damage and they'll move and spread out to be picked off.
  • Enclosed teams hugging defense buildings just means I take out the second layer and attack from range while they can't move towards me. The smart teams will cut off the option of going up one side and doing this.
I got into T20 (took awhile) with just Rein, BLyn, Cecilia, Olivia, and a bonus unit. Occasionally I'd run into the Ophelia trap (escape ladder, go), horses (EP dragons, go), or bad terrain (fliers, go).

Obviously this won't get me to T21 but I'll see how it works once Light season rolls around again and I don't have to use 0-investment Keaton as my bonus unit.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm having trouble staying parked in T21 so I finally used the necessary fodder to create anti-Ophelianator mach 1

KBhM9rjl.jpg

With a help from Kaden, whom she's supported with, who will has drive res 2 in C and drive attack 1 in S, this is how her encounter with DP4, +atk, +10 merged, +10 df, precharged Ophelia ends with her surviving with 28 HP; 41 HP in light season with a single Eir. She's gonna be great.

Edit: If you y'all have any suggestions for her C slot besides attack smoke (I'm out of kaze) I'm all ears.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If you y'all have any suggestions for her C slot besides attack smoke (I'm out of kaze) I'm all ears.

Does she get any outside visible buffs, tactics or hones/fortifies? If not, how about a Res Wave skill? Wether even or odd is up to you, but if her main job is tanking Ophelia (and other mages with that Res), push it further. Though it's conditional.

Or Atk Ploy, if you can position her in line against Ophelias.

E:

FUUUUUUUUUCK AR matchmaking ....

Close to drop out of fucking T21 because i just lost 2 matches and just 90 points (or one full def losses + any loss above 30) away from dropping. Fucking matchmaking gave me two times nearly identical enemy teams, both ultra whales.

One team was: Double Duma +10, LMarth +10, Galeforce L'Eph +10, Vallazura +10, Lector +10
Other was: Duma +10, LMarth +10, Vallazura +10, LEirika +10, L'Eph +10, Kaden +10

Don't even want to talk about the skills they had ... let's just say DC was the "most common" and "cheapest" skill these fuckers had.

Good grief am i angry. I'm not trying to compete for these higher tiers at all, but fucking hell game, at least give me a CHANCE to not drop out of T21.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Does she get any outside visible buffs, tactics or hones/fortifies? If not, how about a Res Wave skill? Wether even or odd is up to you, but if her main job is tanking Ophelia (and other mages with that Res), push it further. Though it's conditional.

Or Atk Ploy, if you can position her in line against Ophelias.

Kaden buffs her Res by shoving her. I don't have an attack ploy fodder, and besides, Arvis is on the same team atm and he's a better ployer.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've been struggling keeping parked in T21 too.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Arena this week sure is infalted, huh? 3750 score, and ranked ~ 1100 from ~ 2700 ... that's new.

Kaden buffs her Res by shoving her. I don't have an attack ploy fodder, and besides, Arvis is on the same team atm and he's a better ployer.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've been struggling keeping parked in T21 too.

Well then we're out of many useful options. ^^

What about Close Guard / Distant Guard, you know those CD 2 / DD 2 C-skill that gives allies this buff? Savage Blow doesn't really work on an enemy phase unit, those opening skills (+6 stat to ally with highest Atk) are conditional as heck too ... leaves Armor March or a good old drive skill.

And no, having a community member struggling the same way isn't helping, it's making me more depressed. ._.

I can joke about losing in AR, if i'm fucking up myself, see my post about wasting all my ladder charges already, but losing due to simply "no chance" just straight up sucks.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
AR Tier 21 is in a strange place because everyone from the top players to the more mid-range ones all end up there eventually. And the closer you are to the beginning of the season, the more likely you are to be matched against someone who is way better (or worse) than you.

I have a feeling IS will continue to adjust how the ranking works. AR is great for the top players (which is good because it's really the only mode for them at this point). But below the top players, everyone else is just standing around feeling lost.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
So Myrrh is a good consensus DC candidate?

The only other hero I'm currently considering is Berkut. My main hesitation is that I think he will eventually get a refine, and it could conceivably have DC built in.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So Myrrh is a good consensus DC candidate?

The only other hero I'm currently considering is Berkut. My main hesitation is that I think he will eventually get a refine, and it could conceivably have DC built in.

Yep, Myrrh is a prime hero for DC, imo. Yeah yeah, archers and flying, i know, but there's this handy little Iotes Shield seal.

Another would've been Titania, but as of now, for how she's mostly used, i think Fortress Def/Res is better for her.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Arena this week sure is infalted, huh? 3750 score, and ranked ~ 1100 from ~ 2700 ... that's new.

Well then we're out of many useful options. ^^

What about Close Guard / Distant Guard, you know those CD 2 / DD 2 C-skill that gives allies this buff? Savage Blow doesn't really work on an enemy phase unit, those opening skills (+6 stat to ally with highest Atk) are conditional as heck too ... leaves Armor March or a good old drive skill.

If I had a "guard" skill I'd give it to Kaden so Cecilia can be more bulky.

The thing is, all of the premium skills need to compete with attack smoke which isn't premium and makes Cecilia more bulky. I could give her drive Res (drive speed and drive defense are from two of my merge projects) but... Eh.

And no, having a community member struggling the same way isn't helping, it's making me more depressed. ._.

I can joke about losing in AR, if i'm fucking up myself, see my post about wasting all my ladder charges already, but losing due to simply "no chance" just straight up sucks.

Sorry if I made it worse :<

But, yeah, T21 had been brutal since there are whales everywhere. There isn't much I can do against six fliers +10 with flier formation. My Ares tried though.[/QUOTE]

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, Myrrh is a prime hero for DC, imo. Yeah yeah, archers and flying, i know, but there's this handy little Iotes Shield seal.

Another would've been Titania, but as of now, for how she's mostly used, i think Fortress Def/Res is better for her.
I actually already have a +10 Titania with DC, she's great. I use her on my Fire Cavalry team as a tank and not a Tactics buffer.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't use all your Aether so early. If you break all the pots, you can play twice a day without wasting any Aether after reset. Do it right and you can play 3-4 times at the end of the season against (possibly) easier opponents.

And rematching lost battles early in the season can be beneficial too. You won't know what they have, but you can make an educated guess based on their lead unit and then offense team.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That blue lance infantry in the latest Tactics Drills map ... whatever you're smoking IS, smoke less.

If I had a "guard" skill I'd give it to Kaden so Cecilia can be more bulky.

The thing is, all of the premium skills need to compete with attack smoke which isn't premium and makes Cecilia more bulky. I could give her drive Res (drive speed and drive defense are from two of my merge projects) but... Eh.

Sorry if I made it worse :<

But, yeah, T21 had been brutal since there are whales everywhere. There isn't much I can do against six fliers +10 with flier formation. My Ares tried though.

Smoke has her to make a battle first, though. C-skills need some more to choose from, the best ones are exclusive or too limited. Joint Hone Spd is one heck of a skill for example, but limited to NYGunnthra and it's not that Cecilia is in any way fast or in need for Spd. But a Joint Hone Atk? Sign me up.

Against a full flier team, if the map doesn't have an abusable weakness, i just made my peace with losing a unit. But against a full +10 team that's nothing but buff/bonus stats? Yeah such people should have a dedicated matchmaking pool, just for them.

I actually already have a +10 Titania with DC, she's great. I use her on my Fire Cavalry team as a tank and not a Tactics buffer.

My +10 Titania has DC too, but as a cheerleader i'd like Fortress Def/Res on her. No fodder though. ^^

Another good unit for DC could be Velouria. Shame she didn't drop to 4* - 5*, as a possible +10 project this might've been a no-brainer for me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
That blue lance infantry in the latest Tactics Drills map ... whatever you're smoking IS, smoke less.

Smoke has her to make a battle first, though. C-skills need some more to choose from, the best ones are exclusive or too limited. Joint Hone Spd is one heck of a skill for example, but limited to NYGunnthra and it's not that Cecilia is in any way fast or in need for Spd. But a Joint Hone Atk? Sing me up.

Against a full flier team, if the map doesn't have an abusable weakness, i just made my peace with losing a unit. But against a full +10 team that's nothing but buff/bonus stats? Yeah such people should have a dedicated matchmaking pool, just for them.

Attack smoke works in both phases. So it'll be useless against the first attack, but helpful on others.

The whole flier team is making me wonder if I should go all out on a close counter Jamke 🤔

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Could work if he's not going down in the first fight, reaches Vantage threshold and has enough oompf to actually finish the fliers with the vantaged counter. Though if just one flier has Iotes Shield, good night. Oh and his Res needs some big patching, else a Flyno one shots him.

I ran a full flier def team during Eir's weeks. For the red tank i used my high merged Laegjarn with Iotes Shield seal ... when she was taken down, it' was due to magical damage, bows just ran into a flying wall.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Getting in vantage range is usually trivial because bolt trap. I used Ares for vantage shenanigans, and the bolt trap is usually there for your convenience.

Iote's Shield is the big problem though; but hmmm. Close counter vantage fully buffed Olwen? 🤔

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Getting in vantage range is usually trivial because bolt trap. I used Ares for vantage shenanigans, and the bolt trap is usually there for your convenience.

Iote's Shield is the big problem though; but hmmm. Close counter vantage fully buffed Olwen? 🤔

It's not neccessarily just Iotes Shield, i believe Beruka for example can reach Def high enough to even survive bow attacks without the seal/skill, very much so if there's Ward Fliers support waiting. That Hardy Bearing seal exists, too ... though not as commonly used.

I think the best way your Vantage Jamke could work is if you support him with up to 2 dancers and take down critical fliers, like ones with Iotes Shield / Hardy Bearing, prior to the first enemy phase with the def team moving. Also i totally forgot that Firesweep fliers exist ...

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Thanks team for the AR tipps. I will see how it goes and play around with my teams a bit since it is not light season.
I used L!Azura for the longest time but after i changed to HS!Micaiah things worked out better.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
It's not neccessarily just Iotes Shield, i believe Beruka for example can reach Def high enough to even survive bow attacks without the seal/skill, very much so if there's Ward Fliers support waiting. That Hardy Bearing seal exists, too ... though not as commonly used.

I think the best way your Vantage Jamke could work is if you support him with up to 2 dancers and take down critical fliers, like ones with Iotes Shield / Hardy Bearing, prior to the first enemy phase with the def team moving. Also i totally forgot that Firesweep fliers exist ...
If I'm at the point where I need to PP one or two units, I think I'd rather find a way to make Ares work on flier teams than invest in a new movesets for Jamke. There aren't a lot of units who can break through Ares, and most tend to be defensive units (such as Valtar) who are more amenable to Olwen anyway.

I'm thinking I'd much rather get Olwen working as an alternative vantage unit to Ares since their roles are more orthogonal to each other than Ares and Jamke. The only question is what cheerleaders I include.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
My +10 Titania has DC too, but as a cheerleader i'd like Fortress Def/Res on her. No fodder though. ^^

Another good unit for DC could be Velouria. Shame she didn't drop to 4* - 5*, as a possible +10 project this might've been a no-brainer for me.
Yeah if Velouria dropped I would have given it to her immediately.

Oh well, I'll have to "settle" for Myrrh.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So theorycraftrd two possible close counter sets for a vantage unit to run alongside Ares. I'm mostly doing this in response to ward flier stacking teams.

Jamke: http://imgur.com/a/vThZCLP

(note: I can also consider gratia bow for dull ranged since my V Roy isn't special)

Olwen: http://imgur.com/a/KegYzfd

(note: open to suggestions on C skill but horses will be her cheerleader so goad cavalry helps them)

Which one should I go for? 🤔

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I would lean Jamke, Olwen's defense is too low to effectively run a Close Counter set, even with Vantage being the goal. I see her being one shot too often to be worth it.

Jamke's issue is his resistance, especially against dragons, but with Close Counter he can probably take physical melees pretty well. Also helps that he is colorless.

Oct 25, 2017
Well hello there, Idunn. Thanks for arriving, though I wasn't expecting it.
You should talk to Surtr, I'm sure you'll hit it off, you have a lot in common.
You're both armor units, you both like setting people on fire, and you're both +SPD/-ATK, the worst possible combination.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Give Idunn darting Blow seal, Fury 3, and special fighter for mixed phase guard shenanigans.

It's probably a meme build but strictly viable.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I would lean Jamke, Olwen's defense is too low to effectively run a Close Counter set, even with Vantage being the goal. I see her being one shot too often to be worth it.

Jamke's issue is his resistance, especially against dragons, but with Close Counter he can probably take physical melees pretty well. Also helps that he is colorless.
Yeah, Jamke seems like the better option.

The next question I have is bow. Should I go with slaying bow for extra cooldown, guard bow for ranged bulk (esp against mages), silver bow for extra might, or gratia for dull ranged?

Edit: clarisse's bow for atk/spd smoke 2 is an option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.