• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing. Outside of CYL, I'm expecting all july/august/september banners to be 3H focuse--similar to how the next four new heroes banners after Echoes' release where Echoes focused.

So realistically, we should get another new heroes banner for late april, one in early may, one in early june, and that's it. Late may is brides; late june is summer 1; early july is summer 2. If Archanea, Jugdral, Magvel, and Valentia all got love that'd be great but... there's only room for three banners. October is land's bounty and farfetched heroes iirc, with us entering awkward hell for book 3/4 interim that gave us such beauties like adrift and fire and ice.

Honestly, I wish they killed one of the summer banners for a new heroes banner.
Magvel and Valentia needs more units, but Archanea definitely doesn't (It's way more represented than stuff like Tellius already) and Judgral is in a similar position to Tellius

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Haar comes in as my interest in heroes wanes...and even worse I'm not sporting my Haar Avatar.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
poor thracia 776 :(

Archanea for better or worse has gotten pretty important character. Magvel and Valentia have been neglected for a longtime.
Magvel desperately needs love, Valentia has actually gotten most of it's characters in though (remember that it's a one game area, unlike pretty much every other one besides Magvel)

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Magvel desperately needs love, Valentia has actually gotten most of it's characters in though (remember that it's a one game area, unlike pretty much every other one besides Magvel)

I wouldn't say that all tbh, most of the important magvel characters are in the game and they have gotten a ton of alts.

Its like people complaining about binding blade when binding blade got pretty much all of its important characters in at launch (and binding blade is actually missing some more fan faves).

Tellius is still underrepresented and Thracia has had basically zero love.

Are we allowed to start getting sick of the Radiant duology yet, or is that only allowed for Awakening/Fates?

I'm not a fan of beasts at all, but if you are going to introduce them into the game you can't half ass them, and Tellius is basically your only source for them.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tellius just has too many important characters not in the game yet. We don't even have Petrine, Lehran, Ashera, Ashnard, half of the GM, most of the daein army etc. It would be better if they spaced things better but IS preferred to make unnecessary banners like adrift and onsen instead of having more variety of banners.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tellius just has too many important characters not in the game yet. We don't even have Petrine, Lehran, Ashera, Ashnard, half of the GM, most of the daein army etc. It would be better if they spaced things better but IS preferred to make unnecessary banners like adrift and onsen instead of having more variety of banners.
Yeah, it's important to remember Tellius has a fuckton of characters compared to some of the other games, and a lot more of them are actually important too and not just background characters unlike a lot of the other games

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I'm completely fine with tellius getting 3 banners consecutively, and I didn't even play the games.
It makes perfect sense to sell units based off popularity + recency cause you know, they'll always be in the forefront of the audience's minds.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely fine with tellius getting 3 banners consecutively, and I didn't even play the games.
It makes perfect sense to sell units based off popularity + recency cause you know, they'll always be in the forefront of the audience's minds.
Tellius isn't that recent, and aside from a handful of key characters like Ike, Micaiah, the Black Knight, and a few others it tends not to do that well in popularity polls (though this is probably due to it's popularity being more rooted in the western fanbase, since characters that do well overall tend to be ones from games that were really popular in both Japan and the west)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's also pretty obvious they're trying to pad out the amount of beasts since they're a brand new type of unit.

Also Mordecai looks ripe for demotion, and I'm into it.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Tellius isn't that recent, and aside from a handful of key characters like Ike, Micaiah, the Black Knight, and a few others it tends not to do that well in popularity polls (though this is probably due to it's popularity being more rooted in the western fanbase, since characters that do well overall tend to be ones from games that were really popular in both Japan and the west)
I never thought so too, but these characters (lethe, ranolf, haar) ranked really well in the cyl polls. It's honestly better to focus on these units rather than going for some arbitrary focus by series.
Like i'm not saying that each game doesn't deserve some love, but it only makes sense to go for popular units (yes, like your lyn/carmilla) rather than "brigard chief 1234" as long as its not overdone. And even so, there's still a basic reasoning there.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's also pretty obvious they're trying to pad out the amount of beasts since they're a brand new type of unit.

Also Mordecai looks ripe for demotion, and I'm into it.
yeah, that's pretty obvious. But Tellius really does have a shitload of very plot relevant characters unrepresented (and that's ignoring fan favorites with cool side stories that aren't that relevant to the main plot like Jill)
Just for a sampling of important characters not in yet who played a crucial role in the main plot of either Tellius and weren't just there to pad the roster we have
Lucia
Geoffery
Skrimir
Renning
Bastian
Sigrun
Pelleas
Volke
Nasir
Kurthnaga
and pretty much every important villain besides the Black Knight like
Ashnard
Dheginsea
Lehran
Ashera
Lekain (though admittedly nobody is really clamoring for him)
Petrine

and this list isn't all inclusive

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I've been waiting for this banner practically since the game was launched. Time to dig deep into my orb reserve and see if I can finally get Lethe and Caineghis.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dheginsea is the only laguz royal missing. He would be a great ghb here but they make Haar instead when he jas nothing to do with galia or the laguz

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dheginsea is the only laguz royal missing. He would be a great ghb here but they make Haar instead when he jas nothing to do with galia or the laguz
I mean technically Kurthnaga is missing too, but does anyone really care that much lol. I mean he's a major character, but he's also so boring

Also, I'm personally kind of glad Dheginsea isn't a GHB character since he kind of deserves better considering he's literally the strongest non-god character in Tellius canonically

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This game is also long overdue for an influx of new 3-4* units.

Many games (and skill sets) could be patched up this way without having to rely on banners and GHB/TT units.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ranulf on the banner and Haar as a GHB? Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I think by now most of my favourite characters are in the game. The pool of characters was very disappointing the first two months of release when I played this.

Would any of you say the game is now better than release? I really hated the small map size, lack of strategy in general, and weak writing and character interactions.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes - New banner: Here kittykitty, come kittykitty.

There seems to be an error in the skill screen for Ranulf. He has Rally Atk/Def+, but going by Gamepedia that rally skill doesn't exist yet, so it should have that "!" marking new skills.
Man, 3 units with only 3 skills, yet all have at least one new skill. Ranulf the assist, Lethe the A-skill, Mordecai the C-skill.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no demote from this banner again. If IS doesn't screw around again and there is a demote, it's either Lethe or Ranulf, tending to Ranulf personally.

HAAR GHB! YUS! Most wanted unit is again the free one ... not the first time in the recent months that this is the case. ^^

If the Forging Bonds doesn't have someone tell Selkie that Cat Laguz are basically the same as Kitsune and have Lethe's story be annoyed at an over-attached Selkie, it automatically fails.

-----------

Seems like i missed quite the discussion. From my end, i think there's 3 problems: Lack of replayable endgame content, skill availability, and stale lower pools.

I think there's (rather) "easy" solutions to all these problems, IS just needs to tackle them.

- Replayable endgame content needs some PvE mode, there's enough PvP stuff right now. A Raid mode against the big endbosses of the main games could be a nifty thing, for example.
- Skill availability, see one of my posts from last week, i think a skill shop is due. But keep in mind, buying a certain skill should and must be more expensive to still have pulling as an attractive alternative ... think 20 orbs for DC, as an example, so you either wait for a DC banner and pray to your luck, or you're willing to drop (and maybe buy [don't!]) a large amount of orbs to have the skill, and only this one skill, guaranteed.
- Stale lower pools ... this is super easy. There needs to be a certain demote from all new heroes banners. It will take a while, but this is the only way to have the lower pools get a bit more varied the way IS does things right now.

IS should also introduce 3* - 4* banners again, and have these banners come with one or two new units who aren't really popular. No new skills for them, no name weapons, just that there's new faces in the lower pools.
Also some of the uber-trash units like Raigh need to be removed into a perm running banner where you can pull units with 3* max by using some current existing in-game currency, like Arena Medals.
Finally, have more skill banners return. Bi monthly skill banners featuring some older, from new / special hero banners removed, heroes like Neph, or Dorcas.

I think the most "difficult" problem to tackle is content, yet it shouldn't be too hard to find something. The others could be solved rather easily, at least with my simple thinking, but IS has to understand that and act accordingly.

I think by now most of my favourite characters are in the game. The pool of characters was very disappointing the first two months of release when I played this.

Would any of you say the game is now better than release? I really hated the small map size, lack of strategy in general, and weak writing and character interactions.

There's now game-modes with lager maps, and game modes like Aether Raids also feature bigger teams (up to 5 attacker and up to 6 defenders) on regular sized maps with user placement of obstacles.

Strategy ... well, legendary / mythic hero battles have you puzzling around a possible solution. Brute forcing them doesn't always work and you need special heroes for that most of the times. Also, there's now the tactic drills, which i think could fit into this category.

Main story still has weak writing, better than Book 1 but still not good. But Tempest Trials and especially Forging Bonds have (imo) pretty good stuff. Shame that sub-modes have a better writing than the main story, though. ^^

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to lion man being the new armour unit trapped in a corner in aether raids.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I pretty much keep an AA slot specifically for nuking the bulky flavour of the month, my +10 Reinhardt will probably handle it.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

I'd say it's a better game now. Stamina isn't an issue any longer, most modes have been tweaked in one way or another, and the greater variety in modes and abilities helps a lot.

The map size /lack of manouver strategy doesn't bother me too much. I think they've done a fairly good job of abstracting an already abstract battle. Given the screen size is limited, they have put far more of the strategy into team selection instead, with more options for building and tweaking units, and doing so quickly, than the mainline games. That's where the strategy is, not so much on the small battlefields. If I want to play an SRPG with large-scale battles, FEH isn't that, but as a game where I can tinker with a roster over time and keep retrying different strategies until I beat a specific challenge, it's pretty good at that with fast battles and instant restarts.

Agree on writing and character interactions, they are largely pretty poor, and after reading the hundredth character stroking the ego of the player-avatar, it all gets a bit tiring.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the last beast banner for awhile, at least going by CYL placement.

I could see them throwing Yarne into an Awakening banner, but beyond that we will probably be waiting for Book 4 for more beasts.

That or Three Houses.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the last beast banner for awhile, at least going by CYL placement.

I could see them throwing Yarne into an Awakening banner, but beyond that we will probably be waiting for Book 4 for more beasts.

That or Three Houses.

Depends, there's still the whole Dragon Laguz tribe, Lehran/Sephiran, and Yarne as you said. But in theory the Morgans could receive a Taguel alt, and both Kanas and Shigure could get a Kitsune / Wolfskin alt. ^^

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Depends, there's still the whole Dragon Laguz tribe, Lehran/Sephiran, and Yarne as you said. But in theory the Morgans could receive a Taguel alt, and both Kanas and Shigure could get a Kitsune / Wolfskin alt. ^^
Would be fun to see some of the children get beast alts.

I imagine the dragon tribe would be treated like manaketes, but it would be cool if they're given beast mechanics instead.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I am ready for Haar to come with a bond skill, Slaying Axe, and something like Lunge

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Came with a Brave Axe in PoR, apparently. But with how lazy he is, watch him get the long desired Firesweep Axe, so that he doesn't have to deal with enemy counter attacks. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I was 20 lift short of reaching tier 20, so sad. I won 3 matches today and lost one. So close :'(

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was 20 lift short of reaching tier 20, so sad. I won 3 matches today and lost one. So close :'(
I'm right there with you. I needed a perfect run today to get to Tier 20 but fell short.

I need to make some decisions about blessings. Right now the only mythic hero I have is Eir. I have a bunch of light blessings to give but most of the units I use in Aether Raids I also use in Arena Assault and need the blessings they have now for the points in AA.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Playing around in the armory costed me 152 orbs... but now I have an Easter Ninain

IMG_20190408_213033.png

Status
Not open for further replies.