• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Haar is such a disappointment. Crazy that one of the most demanded unreleased Tellius units would be reduced to this.

Also pretty underwhelmed by Hana's refine, unfortunate because she's in my wind core for arena.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haar got destroyed? Did we get his statline then? All I see on Reddit right now is that he got the brave axe+, which isn't a good look given Cherche covers that niche well already but still.

Edit: found it, oh dear.
45/37/25/36/18
And brave axe/guard/swap/odd def wave

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how Hana's refine is underwhelming when a year or two ago, Swift Sparrow on a weapon would be pretty good. But I agree - if it's not something stupidly broken like Brave weapon effect or fast weapon charge, or some combination of smaller abilities, then just simple stat buffs don't cut it these days. Especially not for Gen 1 units that are usually already sorely out-statted by newer units anyway.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
At least his artwork is decent. (Though pretty tame damaged art.)

He should've came with a prf.

He really should. As it stands, I would much rather +10 Michalis than Haar.

unknown.png

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Pretty good refines all round

Haar will get the rutger treatment, won't him?

I agree Haar got wrecked.... but Rutger is a bst increased Ayra with her actual preferred weapon of choice (Slaying Edge).... just you'll be using an AOE special instead of RA... which is still very strong and lets him beat weapon triangles.

It's just funny that this is considered weak.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good refines all round

I agree Haar got wrecked.... but Rutger is a bst increased Ayra with her actual preferred weapon of choice (Slaying Edge).... just you'll be using an AOE special instead of RA... which is still very strong and lets him beat weapon triangles.

It's just funny that this is considered weak.
Lol this was before i saw haar stats, i expect better stats than chcherche ut not enough to justify no ivs/prf. I was wrong
Anyway Rutger problem isnt being weak, is being redundant

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Interesting refines and Cain and Abel got some semi owl tome effects, except they work within two spaces and only increases ATK and DEF.

Peri's also looks surprising!

And anything on which skill of Haar's unlocks at 4* rarity? And yup doesn't look that great stat wise.

Edit: Ok so it's Odd DEF Wave. Could go great in conjunction with the Even DEF SS.

Last edited:

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at those stats on Haar...his kit is super pathetic as well

Haar's Kit:
Brave Axe (+)
Swap
Guard 3 (5 star )
Odd Def Wave 3 (4 star )

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Anyway Rutger problem isnt being weak, is being redundant

He's F2P Ayra without the special, I agree he's redundant for people with 300 plus units but with the amount of infantry swords we have... it is what it is... I really wouldn't expect Shannan, Larcei and Ulster to have drastically different stats whenever they show up....

Making Haar worse Cherche V2 is kinda stupid... I mean you have to make his niche completely different from Cherche which makes the inclusion of Brave Axe in his kit just stupid. There's no point going slaying axe since you're just better off sticking to Michalis.....

You're pretty much forced into Slaying Hammer or Hack o Lantern, I think he'll be good in that space but his initial kit really sucks and you're down 20k feathers just to fix his weapon..... I'll probably go Slaying Hammer since that's what my Cherche used to rock before she got her prf.

Last edited:

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Nooooooo Haar whyyyyy. First Canas, then Finn and now this. I welcome hearing his voice work and seeing his art but fuck, this hurts.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch. They did Haar really dirty. And i thought that the recent free units got better than earlier ones.

IS basically gave him his PoR kit, though partially in name only. Brave Axe and Guard ... the problem is that in PoR Guard negates the next enemy attack. That's why a Firesweep Axe would've been a good way of having his PoR build in FEH. And those stats ... a +Atk Cherche is stronger, easier to get and easier to merge, and has a prf Brave Axe. So you're kinda limited to a tank set, but Beruka rocks the tank set much better, neutral she has more HP, more Def and funnily also more Res.

Also, there's still no axe version of the Safeguard or Barrier Blade, lances have Berkut's Lance and Vanguard at least. So you can't even keep his Guard 3 in the B-slot and push his Def via such a weapon.

Lethe and Ranulf are pretty fast, as expected. Ranulf can even take a physical hit, solid Def while Lethe has a pretty hefty offensive statline for a cav movement unit. Mordecai is one heck of an infantry tank, too bad that their claw/fang weapons are not refineable and that there's no beast weapons that are inheritable with some of the regular weapons effects. Caineghis has pretty useable Res after all, he's going to survive shit thanks to DD4 ... still i think both Micaiahs make short notice of him. Still, the lion king can reach 59 Atk with an Atk boon, that's unmerged and unbuffed btw, and don't forget the spectrum stance effect he get's when the enemy initiates. So, you attack him, it's up to 63 Atk retaliation.

Certainly time for anti-beast weapons.

If one of the units drops, it's Ranulf i think. Lethe has a new solo skill, Mordecai's skill are a bit underwhelming but his weapon effect will be nuts in AR, Caineghis lol sure, i'll eat a Ghost Pepper if he drops. Ranulf "only" has that new rally skill.

For tomorrow, i'll predict that Lugh drops and Thea somehow stays 5* exclusive, mainly due to her Vanguard weapon. Though, let's be honest, both have no business staying in the 5* exclusive pool. But i doubt that there's two demotions.

Refinements! Abel's and Cain's look really good, Hana is solid too. Peri ... playing with the thought of building her now. Spd boon, Fury 3 (4 if i get it one day), Desperation / Vantage, C-skill, and maybe Sol / Noontime as the special to keep her HP high enough yet still below 100%. Seal either Brazen Atk/Def or Brazen Atk/Res.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If one of the units drops, it's Ranulf i think. Lethe has a new solo skill, Mordecai's skill are a bit underwhelming but his weapon effect will be nuts in AR, Caineghis lol sure, i'll eat a Ghost Pepper if he drops. Ranulf "only" has that new rally skill.

None of the rally+ skills have been on the demoted unit. There is basically zero chance they drop ranulf I suspect. Probably another no demote banner. Of course, someone has to be the first demote with a rally+ skill, maybe lugh tomorrow, but I think alt Shanna is the one who gets demoted if anyone does.

Last edited:

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
michaels_plan.png

The authentic Aether Resort planning experience. Jugdral Family Therapy is just the beginning.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Haar got done but having Odd Def Wave easily available will not be too bad.

New summon units all look usable at least, Mordecai and Lethe could be a fun combo once he launches her into space and her triple Solo skills kick in with the Beast Cav ability. Also lol at her hitting 53 neutral Spd with her base kit if she's alone, basically have to OHKO her or risk a Desperation build causing havoc. She can hit the equivalent of 62 Atk on initiation with an Atk Asset and no other inheritance which is... nice.

And, uh, guess any armoured beasts are getting inate DC on transformation going by Caineghis' weapon descriptions? Armoured power creep returning with a vengeance, but imagine that there won't be too many of them going forward.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
None of the rally+ skills have been on the demoted unit. There is basically zero chance they drop ranulf I suspect. Probably another no demote banner. Of course, someone has to be the first demote with a rally+ skill, maybe lugh tomorrow, but I think alt Shanna is the one who gets demoted if anyone does.

I feel like now that Rally + skills have been powercrept by the Rally Up + skills (imo), there's no reason to keep the "regular" Rally + skills in the 5* exclsive pool.

Actually, Lugh having a Rally Up + skill really makes me rethink my prediction. Initially my thought was Thea's weapon being the same as Lene's Safeguard and she didn't drop, but with now remembering that Lugh has a Rally Up + skill, and Lene has Sword Valor, i think it's Thea who's going to drop. Lene most likely didn't drop because of Sword Valor ... could've noticed that earlier.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm not expecting a denote. Ranulf seems like the most likely, but that dual rally+. Idk, I feel like it's fates beasts banner all over again.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Shaymin, if you want to make an impossible speculation, you have to add Anna getting an alt that will be demoted!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno guys, our first normal pool colorless armor, our first beast armor, and distant def 4 screams demote to me

Oct 25, 2017
If they're demoting Mordecai, that'll be the 1st blue beast in the summoning pool but the 3rd blue beast available at 4* (the others being GHB heroes Naesala and Panne).

Oct 25, 2017
Reyson ain't blue.

I guess all I'm saying is the color spread for beasts is lopsided for the unlucky F2P masses like myself.
(I got pitybroken 3 times on that damn Rulers of the Laguz banner)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If IS were set on color match for the 4* beasts, then either two things would've happened or will happen when tomorrows banner ends: Panne or Naesala wouldn't be both blue, and Lethe will be the demote.

So obviously, both Naesala and Panne are blue. For Naesala, that works because he's the only blue bird. For Panne, it's stupid because Selkie is blue, Kaden is green, so we could've color tie if she was red.

I still don't think Lethe might drop. Her kit is too good, and her statline is extremely offensive for a cav unit, plus her exclusive solo skill.

Finally having a red beast available at 4* would be great, a second green one would still be ok. A third blue one would be stupid. ... It's bad that i don't know what of these options, if there is a demote to begin with, IS would approach, is it?

Btw. do we expect the new banner to run for a whole month again like Idunns?

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Lethe drops, there's no Solo skill in the 4* pool and her stats are really good.

Mordecai seems like the most likely drop, his prf seems good but his skills are really meh. Ranulf could also drop but the Rally+ makes me doubt it.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like now that Rally + skills have been powercrept by the Rally Up + skills (imo), there's no reason to keep the "regular" Rally + skills in the 5* exclsive pool.

My pessimistic nature says the actual quality of the skills doesn't matter regarding whether IS will demote a character with the rally+ skills or not. They're keeping the skills 5* locked to put another arena score barrier between f2p and whales, given the rally+ skills of all varieties are the only general 400sp skills for the slot.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
There should be a demote. IS only values Fateswakening units enough to not demote anyone from those banners.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
My pessimistic nature says the actual quality of the skills doesn't matter regarding whether IS will demote a character with the rally+ skills or not. They're keeping the skills 5* locked to put another arena score barrier between f2p and whales, given the rally+ skills of all varieties are the only general 400sp skills for the slot.

As long as there's units like Idunn, Caineghis and so on, there should be enough score barrier between F2P and whales, imo. ^^

Even i as a non-F2P player have yet to reach the highest of the whale score ranges ... and frankly, it can stay like this. The "low" +10 armors are most often annoying enough.

And i say it's time that IS drops multiple Ares-tier demotes.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Reyson ain't blue.

I guess all I'm saying is the color spread for beasts is lopsided for the unlucky F2P masses like myself.
(I got pitybroken 3 times on that damn Rulers of the Laguz banner)
Mea culpa.

But, yeah, the sheer lopsided-ness and how beasts play makes it hard to want to invest in beasts unless you sink in orbs by the hundreds. Kaden had been great, but he doesn't really need a beast team to work well.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My R&R resort will be all thracia characters sans alts.

Because the fact an entire game's representation can be there makes me feel warm and fuzzy somehow, even if the reason is kinda sad.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
None of the beasts are gonna get demoted for a while. IntSys knows how much people have wanted them, so they'll be used to squeeze orb spending out of players.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I'm like 99.9% sure only thea will demote, no way they're going to leave rally+ skills as 4 star (people only go for these skills for scoring).
It's the same line of thought that makes me feel that none of the new beasts will demote (cause each of them have someone unique that's valuable for fodder/arena), even mordecai. Unless they want to buck the trend and decide that the new exp skill isn't worth keeping.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone know if Rally Up Res+ will work in a flyer ball the same way Rally Up Attack+ does? No way am I saccing my +1 atk Ophelia to make it optimal.... Lugh otoh....

For tomorrow, i'll predict that Lugh drops and Thea somehow stays 5* exclusive, mainly due to her Vanguard weapon. Though, let's be honest, both have no business staying in the 5* exclusive pool. But i doubt that there's two demotions.

Lugh will not drop because he's the sole holder for Rally Up Res+ and he also has Attack Feint, which while he's the second to have it is only a 3 month old skill.

When some of the old Rally skills are still 5 star locked no way in hell are the newer ones dropping.

Rally Atk/Spd is still only on B!Cordelia, SM!Eirika, S!Sharena & B!Tharja.... no idea why they haven't slapped in on a welfare unit yet.

Mordecai I can see dropping because Link skills are getting old and one of them is already in the welfare pool with Titania's alt. His one is already one Laevatein and Sumia.... really hope one of the upcoming welfare servants has Def/Res link so Odin's full potential can be unlocked for whoever didn't pull a B!Sanaki.

I'm like 99.9% sure only thea will demote, no way they're going to leave rally+ skills as 4 star (people only go for these skills for scoring).
It's the same line of thought that makes me feel that none of the new beasts will demote (cause each of them have someone unique that's valuable for fodder/arena), even mordecai. Unless they want to buck the trend and decide that the new exp skill isn't worth keeping.

Rally Up Attack is part of what makes Ophelia's AI (and whoever else has it) so good in AR though.... that and recover are key skills to take advantage of.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Is it
Anyone know if Rally Up Res+ will work in a flyer ball the same way Rally Up Attack+ does? No way am I saccing my +1 atk Ophelia to make it optimal.... Lugh otoh....

Lugh will not drop because he's the sole holder for Rally Up Res+ and he also has Attack Feint, which while he's the second to have it is only a 3 month old skill.

When some of the old Rally skills are still 5 star locked no way in hell are the newer ones dropping.

Rally Atk/Spd is still only on B!Cordelia, SM!Eirika, S!Sharena & B!Tharja.... no idea why they haven't slapped in on a welfare unit yet.

Mordecai I can see dropping because Link skills are getting old and one of them is already in the welfare pool with Titania's alt. His one is already one Laevatein and Sumia.... really hope one of the upcoming welfare servants has Def/Res link so Odin's full potential can be unlocked for whoever didn't pull a B!Sanaki.

Rally Up Attack is part of what makes Ophelia's AI (and whoever else has it) so good in AR though.... that and recover are key skills to take advantage of.
Got to disagree somewhat, rallies are kind of meh if you use them in offense (being able to use one extra unit for someone else like positioning is much more critical, plus you have other ways to buff like tactics/azura).
In defence you get screwed by Aversa/panic unless you use it as some kind of elaborate buff trap where they're forced to come to you instead (those are pretty good).
And you could just get away with it by using normal rallies.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Rally up res+ works in flier ball just like rally up attack, and for AR defense, where panic is common, res is actually considered better. You usually need rally up, not up+, for AR because again panic.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
In defence you get screwed by Aversa/panic unless you use it as some kind of elaborate buff trap where they're forced to come to you instead (those are pretty good).

That's pretty much the reason to use them, Flyer ball with Flier Formation everywhere has amazing reach on this trap.

Rally up res+ works in flier ball just like rally up attack, and for AR defense, where panic is common, res is actually considered better. You usually need rally up, not up+, for AR because again panic.

Sweet.

Might finally change/invest in my defense team since Lava Floes got nerfed.

Guess I'll use Yune.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Like a hundred orbs for a shitty Leif and nothing else. Yeah, never summoning outside of legendary banners again, I'm tired of these awful 5* pool. Fortunately I have skipped so many banners so almost everything is new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.