• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
First round with the summoning pool changes got me two Serras, two Firs and a Bartre. Wow game thx so much feeling really blessed now that all those nasty old 5* have vanished instead of refreshing the lower rarities.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
No pull April, so only free pull for me. Colorless, trying for Caineghis, 3* Kaze ... yeah sounds about right.

Buddy sent me a screenshot with 5.75% pity rate and the comment "Caineghis is a lie" ... poor dude.

Btw.: Thea dropped.

Also ... what is wrong with this chapter?

First: Eir is mortal, can die, can't resurrect like the other inhabitants of Hel.
Then: Eir is mortal, has thousands of lifes, gets always killed by her mother ... AND LIVES THE NEXT DAY ... aka RESURRECTION! What? Also, canon now, Eir needs the Kitsune ears accessory to have her look like a cat.

Dumb: "Oh no, Ghostav gave his life to save the Fonse from the curse." One Chapter later: The Fonse has, again, the curse. Literally the most useless sacrifice by Ghostav.

Dumber: Sacrificing so much to enter the realm of Hel, only to happily jump into another portal to possible another realm just to follow Lif. And that just AFTER Hel basically told the Fonse that there is indeed some intel in her realm that could lead to her defeat. But no, let's follow you grand-grand-grand-grand-dad into another realm, who cares what Hel said, am i right?

Speculation: I'm almost willing to bet that Hel's story will have a similar twist like the Valkyries in God of War.

Bonus: The in-between chapters with only the Laguz units ... "Hi i'm Ranulf, i serve a dude maybe" and "I'm Caineghis, king.", only missing the "and i'm a lie in the banner" sentence.

Book 1 at least had them say "Hi, i'm hero xyz. I'm from *country* and have to serve *enemy* because of contract".

Lugh will not drop because he's the sole holder for Rally Up Res+ and he also has Attack Feint, which while he's the second to have it is only a 3 month old skill.

When some of the old Rally skills are still 5 star locked no way in hell are the newer ones dropping.

Rally Atk/Spd is still only on B!Cordelia, SM!Eirika, S!Sharena & B!Tharja.... no idea why they haven't slapped in on a welfare unit yet.

Mordecai I can see dropping because Link skills are getting old and one of them is already in the welfare pool with Titania's alt. His one is already one Laevatein and Sumia.... really hope one of the upcoming welfare servants has Def/Res link so Odin's full potential can be unlocked for whoever didn't pull a B!Sanaki.

You missed the post where i changed my mind to Thea. ;]

Honestly, it's dumb that these rally skills have the highest score value of all, be it passives, weapons, specials or other assists. IS should lower their value, because they have to drop some of them, especially since they sure will want to add some Rally Up + dual stat skills one day.

I really hope Mordecai won't drop. 3 blue beasts vs. one green and zero red ones would be a dire showing of IS. The Manaketes at launch had at least color parity in the 4* pool, and still enough of them locked behind 5* ... with now 14 (!) beasts in the game, there's enough to keep the whales happy with 5* exclusive ones and to throw F2P players a bone with at least a beast for each color save colorless available at 4*.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb: "Oh no, Ghostav gave his life to save the Fonse from the curse." One Chapter later: The Fonse has, again, the curse. Literally the most useless sacrifice by Ghostav.

He isn't cursed again. Hel was going to but didn't because then she'd have to wait 9 days to actually be able to attempt to kill him. It was made pretty clear in the English version that it was a xanatos gambit. Though I was expecting hel to just turn around and curse Sharena instead.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I see, guess i tapped one time too much and skipped over that sentence the first time. Read it again while doing the hard maps of the chapter.

E:

And again, the Forging Bonds takes a big dump on the writing of the new chapter. Really, maybe swap the writers, IS?

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The newest story chapter was great. Information! Agency! (Fucked up) Backstory! Competence(?!?)

Also got a free (+ATK) Caineghis with my free pull~ 💁‍♂️

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Funny how i see the chapter different. ^^ (If not sarcasm!)

Also, i think your opinion is biased through the free pull! ;D
I did the chapter first!

The OoH are actually being proactive, and we learned more about Eir in this chapter than the last five combined. I think Alf deserves credit for his fake out of Hel too. She was shook.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I did the chapter first!

The OoH are actually being proactive, and we learned more about Eir in this chapter than the last five combined. I think Alf deserves credit for his fake out of Hel too. She was shook.

Retroactively biased!!!! ^^

Who would've thought that the short-term solution to her curse is "Guess i'll die, but you will too, come at me girl!".

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Retroactively biased!!!! ^^

Who would've thought that the short-term solution to her curse is "Guess i'll die, but you will too, come at me girl!".
He called her bluff. It was a risky move but it payed off.

The didn't go to the realm of the dead for nothing. Finding Hel's weakness is the top priority and now they have a lead.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
First round with the summoning pool changes got me two Serras, two Firs and a Bartre. Wow game thx so much feeling really blessed now that all those nasty old 5* have vanished instead of refreshing the lower rarities.

Can you name me all these amazing gatcha games that refresh their lower rarity pools? Because I just burned like 7 copies of Robin Hood in FGO, I think I've pulled 5 copies of a featured 3 star character in DL on the banner after he was featured (f2p btw) and I just foddered off 10 copies of a single 3 star in Epic Seven.

And in two years time, that aint gonna change a bit.

PS - Don't play 4 gatcha games at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
Was trying to get Lethe with Tickets, ended up with Caineghis. Will give DD4 to WCecilia after I extract the dragonflowers from him.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
He called her bluff. It was a risky move but it payed off.

The didn't go to the realm of the dead for nothing. Finding Hel's weakness is the top priority and now they have a lead.

Dunno, i would find it comically bad if Lif's first thought while escaping was jumping in a portal that leads exactly to where they find something on Hel's weakness. Reason i think they have to find something is that Hel's soldiers are controlled by her, so Lif or Thrasir wouldn't spill even if caught.

Iron Code - Only one gatcha.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I got a free Caineghis from tickets as well. Wasn't really aiming for him, I really just hoped for the chance of a Sothe merge (but failed).

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saved up 700 orbs waiting for a good Beast armor. Only grabbed Caineghis 4 times, but I've been parachuting him into the middle of AR maps with Kaden keeping a safe distance away and he seems to be doing a decent job taking 0 damage and then 1 shotting the enemy. So I guess he's alright. Can't wait for that Light season stat bonus!

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Can you name me all these amazing gatcha games that refresh their lower rarity pools? Because I just burned like 7 copies of Robin Hood in FGO, I think I've pulled 5 copies of a featured 3 star character in DL on the banner after he was featured (f2p btw) and I just foddered off 10 copies of a single 3 star in Epic Seven.

And in two years time, that aint gonna change a bit.

This convo's been had already over the past few pages and I CBA repeating it just because I pulled the same old shit. Again.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, Caineghis is a b*tch to take down, good grief. That wasn't a fun Chain Challenge, at all. Dude wiped a whole team of mine. Went ultra lame for the end, HMicaiah, Celica, Ophelia, Vallazura. My +Atk HMicaiah, with active Atk/Res Bond and Atk/Spd Bond seal did barely ~48 damage to him. Despite super effective weapon. Since team 1 managed to chip him down to 37 HP, she killed him after all.

DD 4 will break so many teams. Easies solution might be to just have Idunn and let him attack if he rocks Vengeful Fighter.

I think Res is a great boon for him. 40 Atk / 37 Def / 33 Res with Res boon, DD 4 makes even Spellhardt think twice about attacking him. Go ultra lame if you have Vengeful Fighter and use Sol or Noontime as the special. Makes chipping him down without Pain+ nigh impossible, so you either hope he suicides into a melee def tank or you really manage to overpower him somehow.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
DD4 is the first power creep that I really dont like...just wrecks so much usual counters for armor. The only ones that will be really annoying with it are ones with built in distant counter...but there are enough of them.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
DD4 is the first power creep that I really dont like...just wrecks so much usual counters for armor. The only ones that will be really annoying with it are ones with built in distant counter...but there are enough of them.
God forbid counterplay for bladetomes, if they dont oneshot 100% of the game it is power creep

Just use armorslayers, we have plenty of them

Oct 25, 2017
God forbid counterplay for bladetomes, if they dont oneshot 100% of the game it is power creep

Just use armorslayers, we have plenty of them
armor slayers are inefficient in AR when you are on a 7 turn limit, and some of the most brutal setups will really fuck with armorslayers as well. 6x ward armor counters armorslayers a lot harder than blade tomes, add in DD4 and those stall teams are just going to be brutal now.

I think Hana might be able to break through though, and I want to build her now anyway.

I also really dont like armorslayers in general. I hate specializing a unit that much. a lot of prf armorslayers are at least a little more than that. Hana with SwSp on top of armorslaying makes her more interesting to me at least.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't mind the bad summoning pool per se in heroes, but pulling in heroes is a chore.

LIke other gacha games will have issues with static 3/4s pools. Its just heroes exacerbates this problem by how long it takes to pull and hero management being a pain.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
armor slayers are inefficient in AR when you are on a 7 turn limit, and some of the most brutal setups will really fuck with armorslayers as well. 6x ward armor counters armorslayers a lot harder than blade tomes, add in DD4 and those stall teams are just going to be brutal now.

I think Hana might be able to break through though, and I want to build her now anyway.

I also really dont like armorslayers in general. I hate specializing a unit that much. a lot of prf armorslayers are at least a little more than that. Hana with SwSp on top of armorslaying makes her more interesting to me at least.

For these setups, Pain+ and Savage Blows are your friend. Even with Santa Eirika, the enemy can't heal all of his units fast enough for the continued chipping.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Just adapt
It isnt like everyone will start running dist def 4 and you have 5 teams in AR, it shouldnt be hard to run one or 2 teams that can kill those units

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, I don't mind the bad summoning pool per se in heroes, but pulling in heroes is a chore.

LIke other gacha games will have issues with static 3/4s pools. Its just heroes exacerbates this problem by how long it takes to pull and hero management being a pain.
Agreed. Its amazing when you can spend like 3 full pulls of orbs and like....80 of the draws are the same 4-5 heroes.

Oct 25, 2017
For these setups, Pain+ and Savage Blows are your friend. Even with Santa Eirika, the enemy can't heal all of his units fast enough for the continued chipping.
Yea that's what I'm probably gonna do. My main issue is running out of light blessings
Just adapt
It isnt like everyone will start running dist def 4 and you have 5 teams in AR, it shouldnt be hard to run one or 2 teams that can kill those units
running out of light blessings

Oct 25, 2017
The fates mock me; instead of a Ranulf I've been bestowed a third Surtr.
At least this one is +ATK.
I'm enjoying Fjorm's quest to become a Disney Princess.

TaurosPuff

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky and got Mordecai and Caineghis! Also got pity broke by Adrift Camilla. Dunno if I wanna pull for Ranulf still

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
God Caineghis is going to be such a pain in the ass to deal with in Aether Raids.
In the Lunatic story chapter he's in everyone on the team I was using did 0 to 5 damage to him and would get killed on the counterattack so I had to spend several turns whittling him down with Genny.
I have Micaiah in most of my AR teams but with distant defence 4 I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be able to one round him and would just die on the counterattack, I think I might have to put a Pain healer on some of my teams just for him.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Got myself a Caineghis (+Atk) can't wait to see stupid broken he is.

Also I am already receiving the benefits of the new 5* pool, got myseld a +Spd Velouria, wonder how I am gonna build her up

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
LOL, I pulled the other two colorless beasts with my summoning tickets, Velouria (+Def) and Leanne (+HP). Too bad their boon/banes are kind of mediocre. Don't really want to use orbs, even if I like Caineghis.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Saved up about 120 orbs and managed to get three tickets, which became Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, and either Special Spiral or Beast Valor. Now I've got a couple of weeks and one more ticket to get the Lion King.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
AR T21 is a whole other beast from T20. I've blown almost all my Escape Ladders already. Fought one team with 6 +10 fliers stacking Ward; even with no dancer they had serious bulk and WoM ready if I couldn't ORKO (which I couldn't).

I feel like I'll be happy just to remain in T21.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
So how do I build a +Spd Velouria? Seems she has a lot of options hidden under that hood of hers

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
First long summoning session since Roy and Ike before. Those were the only 2 this year really.
Skipped the previous laguz banner since Naesala was free.
Was only sniping on those, and despite like 200 - 309 orbs, I only got like 3 5 stars each (got base IV Ike, but no Roy).

270 orbs got me everyone, Kinshi Hinoka, Loki (1st), and Ishtar (1st).
+Speed, -Res Lethe and +Attack, -HP Hinoka.
Everyone else has garbage IVs.

I think this was the most 5 stars I got within 300 orbs ever.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think the mainline games had one of those.
Closest right now would be a transformed Reyson or Leanne, being able to move 3 spaces - though that's flyer movement, not cav.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, new event calender

img_20190411.png

What's y'all's guess for special heroes banner?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
My gut feeling is that they're adding more bunny units, like summer and swimsuit banners.

Is Easter anywhere significant enough to warrant double Spring units? I think it'd be more likely to be something new like Hot Springs - I don't think they're expanding to do a specific Orthodox Easter banner with Minerva and Gregor representing Greece and Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.