• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
need help.

recently got 2 brave Celica from Idunn's banner (**** you IS and RNG).

already have an +atk B!Celica but her -hp made me merge a spare to fix that. now for the help I need.

I have +atk Cecilia, +atk Lilina, +atk Reinhardt. all three of them already have death blow 3. DB4 is nice on one of them but key problem is ATK Tactics 3. I can't decide who gets the SI from the remaining B!Celica.

Currently leaning on Cecilia as shes a part of my blade squad of Tharja, FRobin, and L!Azura. but not sure if this is the right choice to make. thoughts?

I'd recommend Lilina because she is a beast on AR teams. Cecilia is better as TA Raventome user, IMO.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
I'd recommend Lilina because she is a beast on AR teams. Cecilia is better as TA Raventome user, IMO.
If Cecilia had higher def and spd I would have agreed with you. I dont run TA/raven unless if its worthwhile. Cecilia can oneshot some reds with bladetome so i decided against it.

for my bladetome squad to work, movement types need to be no higher than 2 due to tactic buffs from Robin's refined tome and azuras atk tactics.

Tharja's hex makes her my star in this setup and with robin that makes 2 infantry so the rest has to be fliers, armor, or cavalry. Cecilia also doubles as taking out any blu units that tharja may have trouble with. Don't have any other cavalry or fliers to make a blade tome worthwhile and armors not mobile enough.

having said that, I am strongly considering lilina too. dont have her refine yet but i see the potential.

feels like a waste on Reinhardt tbh. its more between Cecilia or Lilina.

Oct 25, 2017
Cecilia sounds fine on a Blade/Tactics team.
ATK Tactic 3 is available at 4* (Legault) so theoretically down the line you could get one and give it to Lilina as well.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm thinking of foddering my Veronica to give Lachesis wrathful staff. 🤔

I don't use Veronica that much. She's an AA unit and otherwise may break her out in case I find an infernal map too hard (l!Tiki's map was the only instance of this). I don't like her as a character and she's basically a relic when I summoned for power (cyl 2 was the last time I did that). So, I don't know. She's undeniably a useful unit to have for f2p guides bring psuedo f2p, but i actually want to invest in Lachesis because fe4 bias.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Cecilia sounds fine on a Blade/Tactics team.
ATK Tactic 3 is available at 4* (Legault) so theoretically down the line you could get one and give it to Lilina as well.
also true though I've been getting nothing but matthews and sothes. least i got glimmer and L&D 3 SI fodder but ive had no luck with legault.

also, reminding that B!Celica is also giving away Death Blow 4 which is hard to come by. Been thinking Cecilia could use DB4 but I could maximize Lilina's one shot potential if i give it to her.

well i wont make an immediate decision. gonna take my time unless i pull a legault or another b!Celica. 3 times i pull her and all three instances i was going for someone else... good grief.

think ill end up giving it to lilina though. Cecilia is a blade tome user. DB3 works just fine and I DO happen have a legault its just that he's +atk and only got one of him. i actually like legault. dont want to sacrifice unless i got a spare.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, never fodder your only copy of a hero, especially one with +ATK. Lilina's a fine choice.

I'd have made a lot of different choices if I had known about merge changes and weapon upgrades back in the early days of the game.

This game loves to throw pitybreaker dancers at me, this time it's a flying Olivia instead of Lethe. Guess the changes to summoning are putting in work for me.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Mordecai's S-rank skit from the Forging Bonds ... Fjorm finally became a Disney Princess by falling asleep in the forest. It's basically poetry!

When will IS use the Forging Bonds writers for the main story, though?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
In all likelihood they are the same writers. They're not trying to achieve the same things with the forging bond events Vs the main story though. The main story is probably deliberately much briefer than the forging bond events.

I don't think it's too much to ask for more than "Hi, i'm hero xyz" during the "filler" maps where there's no skit prior and after the battle. ^^

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Had almost full Aether this morning and I botched up every offense attempt. Least I should still remain at tier 19. Had 7 successful defenses at least.

So I assume we are getting bridal units this week? I'm just waiting to see who will be the free unit for the TT that coincides with the banner.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Had almost full Aether this morning and I botched up every offense attempt. Least I should still remain at tier 19. Had 7 successful defenses at least.

So I assume we are getting bridal units this week? I'm just waiting to see who will be the free unit for the TT that coincides with the banner.

Groom Alm or Sigurd, please.
We will probably get somebody lame like Chrom, though.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The only reason I could see Bridals being April is if:
  • We get three summer banners (two swimsuits+festival)
  • They want to bump all these banners up a month (i.e. instead of late june/early july/early august it becomes late may/early june/early july)
  • And are doing this so the second banner slot of July and first banner slot of August can be Three Houses (with the second august slot being CYL per the norm).
I mean, yes, bridals and june are related but seeing bridals in April is less weird than seeing swimsuits in April; swimsuits in late May isn't completely unreasonable though.

That said, my bets is it's a completely new seasonal banner a la onsen, focusing on school outfits to celebrate Japan's academic year starting.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is that since 3H was delayed, FEH schedule got kinda screwed and they've been putting some seasonals earlier than planned and probably other rescheduling efforts (like the end of March being super empty). It's likely that they had originally planned and wrote story chapters for a 3H banner around this time.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is that since 3H was delayed, FEH schedule got kinda screwed and they've been putting some seasonals earlier than planned and probably other rescheduling efforts (like the end of March being super empty). It's likely that they had originally planned and wrote story chapters for a 3H banner around this time.
I could see that, especially knowing they plan 6-9 months ahead.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I expect a completely new type of seasonal. I think it's pretty clear that IS is slowing down the release of new heroes and favoring some kind of monthly alt banner to meet that goal. (I don't even blame them for doing it, all the best-selling characters are already available, so alts are the only way to re-monetize them.)

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I still don't get why people are putting so much emphasis on the second half of march?

Pretty much every monthly event we expect from feh happened in march. I just think the way the calender was presented made people think something funny was going on when it wasn't. In particular, so many march events (like binding blade banner, forging bonds, etc.) had started by the time the calendar was released, which made FEH's march look a lot more empty than it was.

I guess for me to think funny business was in march, I need someone to point out "this event should have been here but wasn't" but I'm not seeing that event.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why people are putting so much emphasis on the second half of march?

Pretty much every monthly event we expect from feh happened in march. I just think the way the calender was presented made people think something funny was going on when it wasn't. In particular, so many march events (like binding blade banner, forging bonds, etc.) had started by the time the calendar was released, which made FEH's march look a lot more empty than it was.

I guess for me to think funny business was in march, I need someone to point out "this event should have been here but wasn't" but I'm not seeing that event.
It's because banners are usually closer than what happened in March.
  • NY to Laguz: 10 days.
  • Laguz to Hot Springs: 12 days.
  • Hot Springs to Valentine's: 16 days.
  • Valentine's to Kitsune: 12 days.
  • Kitsune to FE6: 16 days.
  • FE6 to Spring: 11 days.
  • Spring to Galia: 22 days.
It definitely stands out.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Think we'll get a Dragalia Lost crossover? They are getting a Fire Emblem Heroes banner. Would be an interesting way for IS to break the collab scene for the game.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. I'm only interested in New Heroes banners, not wild about seasonals and crossovers and all that.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. I'm only interested in New Heroes banners, not wild about seasonals and crossovers and all that.

It's not like there's a huge stable of popular demanded heroes left for them to add that aren't already in game. You've got maybe a handful left, now that a good chunk of the beasts are in.

I'd be shocked if they don't do a crossover with something by this time next year by the latest, since they're typically good for getting new players in from the other game and Dragalia makes most sense being Nintendo's other mobile rpg.

Random definitely not happening thought: they could tie it to the story, and the mysterious portal they just ran through goes to dragalia. Makes as much sense as dressing up in bridal costumes on the other side.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think there's still a good chunk of at least better known chars left to add. Again, i'd like to present the evidence that is the Shepherds from Awakening, literally half of them missing. Greil Mercs missing, and so on.
If they want to slow this down, they're free to add alts to new heroes banners, BUT (!) not more than one with 2 - 3 completely new heroes.

Still hoping that the protagonists from TMS#FE make it into the game. It's a spin-off, but i think as long as they're officially connected to FE you could avoid the "cross-over" regulation.

The first Bridal banner happened in June if I remember right so, they could move it up again. It's just that weddings are more of a summer thing so being so early would be a bit weird

Good old Bonejack was kind (and bored) enough to check when the Bridal banners started in 2017 and 2018.

2017 one started on May 30th, running through June 14th, though remember that back then those seasonal banners would only run for two weeks instead of a month.
2018 one started on May 21st and ran through June 21st.

So both were actually starting in May, and April had no seasonal banner in 2017 and 2018. To be precise, no NEW seasonal banner starting in April, of course there's the bunny ones running from March into April.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's still a good chunk of at least better known chars left to add. Again, i'd like to present the evidence that is the Shepherds from Awakening, literally half of them missing. Greil Mercs missing, and so on.

Are they really popular though? The most requested ones that aren't in game yet, other than Book 3 originals, are Anna (awakening, and that's only a technicality on Anna not being in game), Louise (???) and Jill, all the way down at 52nd in CYL3. 21 characters not in game made the top hundred, mostly at the lower end, 3 of which are heroes originals and won't be coming until book 3 is done. Even if those are all added, that's still only 5 banners.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Are they really popular though? The most requested ones that aren't in game yet, other than Book 3 originals, are Anna (awakening, and that's only a technicality on Anna not being in game), Louise (???) and Jill, all the way down at 52nd in CYL3. 21 characters not in game made the top hundred, mostly at the lower end, 3 of which are heroes originals and won't be coming until book 3 is done. Even if those are all added, that's still only 5 banners.

It's not like Lugh or Thea were really popular, right? And i did say better known, avoiding the word popular for a reason. ^^

But going by CYL3 results, Miriel, for example, is above Lugh and Thea, Gatrie is below Thea, and Orochi from Fates is even amon the Top 150. Slighlty above Gerik from SS.

As i said, there's enough better known, let's say "semi popular" heroes they can add. The big favs are already there, that's right though.

Oct 25, 2017
collab would definitely push me towards quitting. So many characters left not in the game. I want every FE character before they even consider a collab.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
collab would definitely push me towards quitting. So many characters left not in the game. I want every FE character before they even consider a collab.

That's how you get your game continue to spiral downwards in money and close earlier than it otherwise would.

This kind of daft gatekeeping is silly. "10+ more functionally identical Pegasus knights need to be added to the game before they even consider adding things to bring more players in, or I quit!"

There are plenty of reasons to stop playing FEH, but if that's the one that gets to you, well...

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Argh, annoy day in the game for me today.

Had to use all my ladders in AR because i've faced one whale team after another, btw. +10 Caineghis with def bonus stats = not funny. And now i tried to get Lethe's last skit in Forging Bonds while she has 2x multiplier, for 15 minutes (!) STRAIGHT (!!) her color didn't drop a single time.

Dude. *Angry*

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
It's not even I'm opposed to collab per se, but now is the worst time.

Like on one hand, I'm glad beasts are in the game. But I have no serious attachment to most of these units and actually making a decent beast comp requires significant investment when most are 5* locked. Like, fates beast skipped a demote ffs. At this point, I'm waiting for one of my favorites to be added. I think everyone except maybe fe6 or tellius fans are waiting for their favorites to be added. And like, to have a DL character cone out in the middle of this? No, just no. At the very least, be at a point where FE games have gotten a banner in the last six months before doing a collab.

And yes, it might be tongue in cheek to ask if I want another Lance flier, but my most wanted unit (Altena) *is* a Lance flier so I do.

That said, I'm positive the upcoming special heroes is not a collab. There's a TT banner, which means we need summonable bonus units for TT. I don't see what those units would be for a collab. Like askr trio makes sense for TT bonus but can't be summoned. So *shrug*

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping that the protagonists from TMS#FE make it into the game. It's a spin-off, but i think as long as they're officially connected to FE you could avoid the "cross-over" regulation.

That would be perfect, that game was actually amazing and has a direct tie-in to Fire Emblem. They already had a "performing arts" banner a while ago, just making this another but with the protags from TMS#FE.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuckery day starting in Arena too now? Great. Last match, 2 bridges map (love it, not), enemy team +10 Liki, +10 Idunn, +10 Vallazura, +10 Veronica. Great. And of course lost due to position fuckery on this fucking map.

You know what hurts most? Losing against an idiot who puts both, Armor March AND Armor Boots on his Liki. Whoever you are, the only reason you win is because you seemingly have $$$, get lost.

I'm not even in the score range for having to face such teams, wtf?

E: Aaaaaand next run, immediately another whale team. Game, the fuck you're doing? Score range 726 - 738 isn't full +10 amor whale team range.

E2: WTF? THIRD TIME IN A ROW? Ok there's something massively broken with the matchmaking right now, this is unbelievable.

E3: Fourth time. And app closed and tasks terminated. Maybe i'll try again tonight, but right now it's unplayable.

That would be perfect, that game was actually amazing and has a direct tie-in to Fire Emblem. They already had a "performing arts" banner a while ago, just making this another but with the protags from TMS#FE.

They would be great picks for Performing Arts banner, really. But i can already see the crying when that little girl (you know, the one with Draug as the Mirage) would be an armoured unit, and a singer one too. ^^

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want any collabs and no #FE. That game didn't even sell well to its core audience (weebs), not in Japan nor overseas. I'm sure IS wants to forget it ever existed.

On other note, I'm using Sharena on Arena this season. Help me god, Alfonse is so much better than her. This week doesn't matter because I'm already T21 so I can only go down to 20 but next week will be hard.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like collabs with Nintendo properties like Zelda, Kid Icarus and similar.

On the topic of few "popular" heroes left, while that's kinda true, it's also no excuse. Several gachas are built over original characters with no other source of popularity, so even there IS has advantage. The problem is that they just slap the heroes into the game without giving people much reason to care about them, although recent Forging Bonds have done a better job at that.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Lugh or Thea were really popular, right? And i did say better known, avoiding the word popular for a reason. ^^

But going by CYL3 results, Miriel, for example, is above Lugh and Thea, Gatrie is below Thea, and Orochi from Fates is even amon the Top 150. Slighlty above Gerik from SS.

As i said, there's enough better known, let's say "semi popular" heroes they can add. The big favs are already there, that's right though.

lugh was top 6 for fire emblem binding blade when it came out.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
IMO they really fucked up the heroes introduction order. They should've balanced less popular heroes with more popular ones instead of going all in on the popular heroes. Now their best recourse for later banners is to fill them with alts (which was already a problem), because I can't see why people would pull for a Wade or Lot unless they powercreep them a lot, which would definitely be weird.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Argh, annoy day in the game for me today.

Had to use all my ladders in AR because i've faced one whale team after another, btw. +10 Caineghis with def bonus stats = not funny. And now i tried to get Lethe's last skit in Forging Bonds while she has 2x multiplier, for 15 minutes (!) STRAIGHT (!!) her color didn't drop a single time.

Dude. *Angry*

That's the risk when you play AR right at season reset. You may play the T27 teams that just reset, or T22 teams without a bonus building.

Oct 25, 2017
D4LYANlU8AAALbK.png

Looks like we're going... camping?

Status
Not open for further replies.