• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
IS needs to raise the HM cap again. I've been HM farming on rival domains with MEmu for just a week but it feels like I will run out of units to farm quickly.
It takes 8 units to get enough feathers for a single promotion from 4* to 5*.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IS needs to raise the HM cap again. I've been HM farming on rival domains with MEmu for just a week but it feels like I will run out of units to farm quickly.
It takes 8 units to get enough feathers for a single promotion from 4* to 5*.
It takes 4 units.

There are around 168 different units that are free or obtainable at 3/4*, plus the 2 CYL choices. That is already 850k feathers - 42 promotions, or 30k short of a full team of 5* +10

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
It takes 4 units.

There are around 168 different units that are free or obtainable at 3/4*, plus the 2 CYL choices. That is already 850k feathers - 42 promotions, or 30k short of a full team of 5* +10
Yeah, sorry it's 4 units. Your calculation is right but it doesn't feel as much because you waste a lot of feathers just for skill inheritance.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sorry it's 4 units. Your calculation is right but it doesn't feel as much because you waste a lot of feathers just for skill inheritance.
Fair enough. Its just that, even with a macro, it takes quite a while to max all of those units

Btw, how long have you been farming? And how many units have you maxed?

Last edited:

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Auto battle is pretty heavy in most gatcha games.... Fate Grand Order is pretty much the only one I've played without an auto mode.... and if had auto it would be used 99% of the time anyway....

When they introduce GHBs with reinforcements or have modes with highly inflated stats (relay defense) people tend to bitch.

Content where you don't use auto battle? Plenty! Arena, Arena Assault, Aether Raids, Abyssal, new mode if you want to score decently etc.
I very much enjoy GHBs, BHBs, and Abyssal maps. But a new one of those comes about once every two weeks, and other than the Abyssal maps they rarely take more than 1-2 tries. So that's 5 minutes of new, non-auto content every two weeks. I'm FTP and my account is only a few months old so I'm locked in back and forth at tier 19-20 in the arena, but yes that's a pretty enjoyable mode. Even at tier 21 I still do look forward to an AR in the morning, no complaints there! My biggest issue is with the events though. They give lots of rewards, but to get those rewards, you just hit auto-battle for 5-20 minutes a day for 5-15 days, depending on the event. There is no incentive to do otherwise. That's the extent of the events. Forging bonds, TT, Grand Conquest. The fun literally comes from seeing your inventory grow, not the events themselves. And I'm not sure why it has to be that way. The grindy nature of it doesn't even lend itself to driving the player to get better units, so there doesn't seem to be a monetary incentive to have us do something like autobattle the training tower once a month. Other gatchas might do this as well, but it doesn't have to be like this.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Fair enough. Its just that, even with a macro, it takes quite a while to max all of those units

Btw, how long have you been farming? And how many units have you maxed?
This is my second week farming with a macro. Although, I didn't farm every day, mostly on weekends. I've maxed like 20 units so far.
If I had farmed 4 hours every day, I think I could have done 40 units easily.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if people macroing is the reason they decided against raising the hero merit cap any further in the first place. You can probably count the number of people who are actively running low on units who can earn merit and not botting it on your fingers anyway.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Made it into AR Tier 20 with 100 lift to spare. I almost didn't make it because I lost once today but I was able to earn enough lift back for one more try.
Now I'll just try not to drop a tier until the next light season.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I also finally made it out AR 20 this week after goofing it the past few light weeks.

Helps that Light/Wind week makes my AR defense team disgusting. Wind Blessed Reinhardt (+10) and Bow Lyn with Eir, Gunnthra, Hrid, and Legendary Lucina.

The Raid Boss Reinhardt setup.

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't make it to AR T21, was 220 off. Eh, probably for the best. Getting pounded on by whales would be demoralizing to say the least.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't played the Tellius games, the new Tap Battle music sure caught me off guard.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Duma week ... i don't really like Duma week. Harder to keep T21 with no Eir bonus points. At least he's a bonus unit and i don't need anyone else in my def team. ^^

Iceberg banner gave me a 3* Shigure ... guy's been a pest at 4* - 5* already, not going to get better now. Oh and i managed to get a -Spd Picnic Felicia on my free pull last friday. Why do free pull 5* always come with a caveat?

Funny thing, have been doing some quality family time during the long easter weekend ... and the new banner actually made me suggest doing a picnic together, weather's been great after all. What can i say, kids definitely have a strong personality impact from me, as they all hated it like i would've at their ages. The Mrs. gave me *THE LOOK*. You know, the one when the kids fucked up and it's like "look what *your* child did".

Almost choked on my sandwich from laughing. ^^

Anyway, Picnic Tomato tomorrow, haven't actually looked at his stats. Look at bit underwhelming, but he certainly has a nice mixed def bulk with at least some mediocre attack. Maybe with some inheritance and some merges he might get useful for AR.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if people macroing is the reason they decided against raising the hero merit cap any further in the first place. You can probably count the number of people who are actively running low on units who can earn merit and not botting it on your fingers anyway.

I haven't farmed Rival Domains for a long time... ever since I started playing other gatcha.... but yeah I wouldn't be surprised at that.... they used to raise the cap often and having done so once since RD farming became a thing.

I'm thankful IS still let us do this because other companies would've patched it out IMO.

Though I think Relay Defense was an ill fated attempt to somewhat curve RD feather farming... would've made it RD a lot more rare and made people push harder in other events for more feathers.

My biggest issue is with the events though. They give lots of rewards, but to get those rewards, you just hit auto-battle for 5-20 minutes a day for 5-15 days, depending on the event. There is no incentive to do otherwise. That's the extent of the events. Forging bonds, TT, Grand Conquest. The fun literally comes from seeing your inventory grow, not the events themselves. And I'm not sure why it has to be that way. The grindy nature of it doesn't even lend itself to driving the player to get better units, so there doesn't seem to be a monetary incentive to have us do something like autobattle the training tower once a month. Other gatchas might do this as well, but it doesn't have to be like this.

I advise you to never play Epic Seven......

Leveling a single character to max level is like doing 5 back to back Tempest Trials......

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crow, I got hit with sixteen AR raids this morning. I usually get around that many in a season in total.
T20 must be crowded after that Light/Dark season.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to +10 Effie. Should probably swap out the Brave Lance for Berkut's or Slaying Lance.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
So uhhh...why was I never made aware of the fact that you don't need to level up to unlock potential anymore? I been wasting shards for nothing. SMH.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to +10 Effie. Should probably swap out the Brave Lance for Berkut's or Slaying Lance.
Depends on what you want to do with her. I still run Brave Lance/DB3/Wary Fighter on mine in AR because it gives her a good combination of tanking on enemy phase and deleting people during player phase. I pair her with a ranged bait unit who probably covers anything a DC/Berkut Effie would handle.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Berkut's Lance on Effie only if you plan to give her, or already gave her, DC. Else, i think focusing on her still great Atk value might be the best thing to do. But this is only guesswork from me, i don't have a +10 Effie. ^^

TT: Yeah Felicia, the chaos vortex of the TT is the reason your meal turned purple ... sure. Also Genny, pure hearted egoist, sometimes a picnic is more important than saving the world, because screw it when it's tea and marshmallow time. ^^

A free -spd +def Alm on the Iceburg banner when he has an on focus banner going on.

...okay werk

That's how it works! When Amelia got her refinement together with Nino, they did 2 new power banners. I got a 4* Nino from Amelia ones, and a 5* Amelia from Nino's, both on my free pull. Sometimes the game is very confused within itself.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh, which one? I, as a fellow hoarder, want to know. Btw. are you also in team "still has all Dragonflowers"? ^^
I foddered a 4* Joshua to my S!Ryoma for Windsweep. (So he can take out TT Flora.) Still haven't actually spent any grails yet.

I do use my Dragonflowers often though. I'm not worried about them.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I foddered a 4* Joshua to my S!Ryoma for Windsweep. (So he can take out TT Flora.) Still haven't actually spent any grails yet.

I do use my Dragonflowers often though. I'm not worried about them.

Ah i thought you have used some grails for getting and feeding off one. I think i foddered off some Berkuts and Narcians back in the days of Book 1. But still having a firm grip on all of my grails. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to pull the trigger and spend some grails on Aversa.
Don't think I want to +10 her just yet, but high enough so she can take a hit or two in AR.

Though I'm still firmly on flower hoarding mode. Don't have enough new characters to earn them from.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
Who do you all think is gonna be the legendary hero this time around.

Honestly, with the addition of pair up, I'm expecting someone like Corrin tbh

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Who do you all think is gonna be the legendary hero this time around.

Honestly, with the addition of pair up, I'm expecting someone like Corrin tbh

Legendary Camilla incoming.

j/k

Might be Chrom if they're doing another Pair Up, unless they want to give M!Robin a go. Not sure how that would line up with everyone's favourite flying colourless dragon though.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
Legendary Camilla incoming.

j/k

Might be Chrom if they're doing another Pair Up, unless they want to give M!Robin a go. Not sure how that would line up with everyone's favourite flying colourless dragon though.

Grandmaster Robin?

431px-Portrait_robin_m_grandmaster_costume_fewa.png

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've read on Reddit that the upcoming legendary hero might be colorless.

If it is MRobin, that would mean no sword.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
I think I've read on Reddit that the upcoming legendary hero might be colorless.

If it is MRobin, that would mean no sword.
Interesting, F!Robin was our only colorless legendary. It makes me think who will be the next colorless one. Celica probably, since she has access to white magic

Can I just say we have no Red Bow users? It would be a good time for Alm to shine.

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
is Hit And Run fine for budget B-skill on melee fliers?

or would Breaker skills always be better than Hit And Run?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
is Hit And Run fine for budget B-skill on melee fliers?

or would Breaker skills always be better than Hit And Run?

That kind of varies. I mean my best recommendation for hit and run is hoping a Brave weapon-holding unit manages to kill the foe in two hits or if they have a Firesweep weapon equipped and have a unit nearby with reposition that can get them out of enemy range. Either way, having Galeforce can do wonders for both.

As for breaker skills, that would be more appropriate for slower unit that have a hard time doubling naturally and they can be situational apart from maybe Swordbreaker on a sword unit and vanilla Reinhardt having Lancebreaker. Otherwise I would rather recommend desperation to your much speedier fliers and especially if a speed boon is recommended to a particular unit.

And here is hoping we do finally get a colorless legendary unit after awhile. Wishful thinking: I too hope it's FE4 related.

Oh if only Lachesis was a lord unit, then again Tiki and Robin kind of aren't.

Edit: Going to leave out more pointers. Keep in mind that beaker skills have a HP threshold of 50% or above, so that could be the disadvantage that skill has against hit and run.

But if there is one recommendation, assuming you haven't gotten Micaich yet, Caeda could potentially be a great user of Axebreaker. She has a prf weapon in Wing Sword that is very effective against armor or horse units and it can be refined to have flashing blade (which flying units usually don't have access to). This could potentially be great against Surtr, given he will get doubled and considering he has steady stance 4, and Wing Sword's FB refine could circumvent the guard effect of it.

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That kind of varies. I mean my best recommendation for hit and run is hoping a Brave weapon-holding unit manages to kill the foe in two hits or if they have a Firesweep weapon equipped and have a unit nearby with reposition that can get them out of enemy range. Either way, having Galeforce can do wonders for both.

As for breaker skills, that would be more appropriate for slower unit that have a hard time doubling naturally and they can be situational apart from maybe Swordbreaker on a sword unit and vanilla Reinhardt having Lancebreaker. Otherwise I would rather recommend desperation to your much speedier fliers and especially if a speed boon is recommended to a particular unit.

Edit: Going to leave out more pointers. Keep in mind that beaker skills have a HP threshold of 50% or above, so that could be the disadvantage that skill has against hit and run.

But if there is one recommendation, assuming you haven't gotten Micaich yet, Caeda could potentially be a great user of Axebreaker. She has a prf weapon in Wing Sword that is very effective against armor or horse units and it can be refined to have flashing blade (which flying units usually don't have access to). This could potentially be great against Surtr, given he will get doubled and considering he has steady stance 4, and Wing Sword's FB refine could circumvent the guard effect of it.
ok thx pal!

yeah for Breaker skills I meant for slow characters

for fast chars, yeah I forgot about Desperation. so either that or Hit And Run like you said

I already have two dedicated Surtr counters:

+ATK Laslow Armorsmasher+ Axebreaker, and Micaiah

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, nice mix i have to say. FEH OC villain, OC lord and Book 2 lord plus the series first lord.

Somehow was expecting the trailer for the legendary hero today. My guesswork for these is seriously flawed atm.

Titania banner gave me 4 blue orbs and one colorless ... and a 3* Lucius, Bonejack'd.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
New mode starts up soon? Not really expecting much and it's kinda disappointing since every other gatcha I play is going HAM at the moment.

Seraph event for FGO (Though I'm still in London.... F)
FEH collab in DL
Guilty Gear collab in E7.

That's my main issue with FEH, everything is exactly the same with just changed window dressing.

There is really no difference between Easter and Summer and Halloween at all except for the theme.

Wished they did something to make each "event" feel different.

*free pull on Selkie's latest banner*

4 star Thea.... so I get her the first blue orb I pull on since she got demoted... and I still haven't got Reyson.... lost track of how many 5 star Greens I've got before Reyson.... now to use my 4 tickets on that beasts banner.

nothing, nothing, nothing.... Ranulf...... neutral....

Can't complain.

Edit - Did 2 pulls on Picnic banner.

You already know who I got.

Ever since I stopped spending money on this game my 5 star rates have been through the roof... think I spent more orbs on H!Myrrh (220ish?) than I have for my last 7-9 five star greens.

Astra offense hero next month please be green.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I will be honest, i will laugh my ass off if the first Anna "alt" will be the Three Houses one. ^^

Btw. is there something wrong with AR right now? I have two def losses, and i should've lost Lift for both of them, as i wasn't in "safe time" that would prevent multiple losses of Lift. Yet i didn't lose a single point.
And no, the amount of attackers defeated would not have reduced the Lift loss to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.