• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
Is now a good time to get back into the game or is there a big event around the corner that would be better?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Is now a good time to get back into the game or is there a big event around the corner that would be better?
We just got out of Golden Week. The next big thing would be CYL3 inn maybe August? I don't count seasonal banners anymore because those happen every 3-4 weeks nowadays.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Feels a bit close to the last batch of units, but these ones all look pretty slick. I'll certainly try for Tiki and Berkut.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, you think Berkut's gonna have some Res?

Cool banner. Gonna be a tough decision to spend here or save for the Anima Mythic hero at the end of the month.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
How dare they add Fallen Berkut immediately after I spent all my orbs on Legendary Alm's banner.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Mega yawn for me, though Berkut's sprite looks good.

Pretty much. It started off great with Mareeta (Our first new actual Thracia character since shortly after launch!) but yet another Corrin and yet another Tiki is just so uninteresting. I'll be spending nothing on this banner.

Berkut does look great though and I'm relieved Delthea is the GHB because as soon as I saw Fallen Heroes 2, that interview with Azura's v/a and "Crazy Azura" came to mind. Hopefully Delthea has at the very least passable art this time too.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Berkuts art and spritework is savage and bonkers. IS didn't screw around with poor Rinea. Also it's kinda fitting that Duma-blessed Berkut is indeed a pure powercreep on regular Berkut.

Double colorless dragons, huh? Well, we did lack an infantry one, so that's fine with me.
Starting to get old, but i can't remember the part in Fates where Corrin was "half-transformed" with a tail ... maybe that says more about the game than about my memory. Probably both.

Not too hot that it's Tiki though. Of course IS saves Mila, Naga, Medeus and so on for mythical banners, but how about they would've used Nah, Nagi, or heck even ATiki instead of YTiki again.
Or FMorgan! FMorgan can be a Manakete via MRobin and Nowi/Nah/ATiki as the mother. And she is indeed somehow controlled by Grima and would even fit the Fallen Heroes theme!

I have no idea who Mareeta is, so that means she must be from the Jugdral games or Binding Blade. Leaning towards Jugdral, will google her later.

Colorless is the color to pull for, as i can see both dragons being top tier. Berkut depends on the stats, but from the art, sprite and whole setup i think i'll try to get him once.

Delthea is probably going to be a green mage to have color parity, or red because she's "dark" in this form. Remember, dark mages are always red in the game.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mareeta hype. Everyone else is whatever. Also not exactly a version of Mareeta I hoped for but I'm so starved for Thracia content I'll take it.

... though I sort of wish we got a mother banner for this. Mother's day is aaaalmost here and it would've been just as cool to get Eyvel and maybe some surprises like Elena or Almedha over yet another Tiki and Corrin.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Berkut's artwork, god damn. Finally doing the evil bastard good.

F!Tiki looks like she'll be busted as all hell as a fast DC armour tank with autobuffs and 2 movement(?!). Someone at IS must really like her huh?

FF!Corrin's new panic skill opens up options outside of Aversa for panic drops, and finally Atk/Spd Solo in the normal summoning pool! Incredible double colour unit to pull if you're going after the colourless pulls.

Sword lady will prolly be alright too, expecting the usual swordmaster power creep that'll push her over 40 speed given Flashing Blade 4.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Mareeta hype. Everyone else is whatever. Also not exactly a version of Mareeta I hoped for but I'm so starved for Thracia content I'll take it.

... though I sort of wish we got a mother banner for this. Mother's day is aaaalmost here and it would've been just as cool to get Eyvel and maybe some surprises like Elena or Almedha over yet another Tiki and Corrin.

I'm really surprised to see her show up, even if she's not exactly an underrepresented unit type it's great to see her make it in with decent art. And she kept her pants.

It'd be nice if they had used her damaged art as an opportunity to show the mark that takes up her whole back, but seeing as it doesn't have an official design it makes sense to not get the artist to make something up that will be retconned once Jugdral is in line for remakes.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible banner, only berkut and mareeta save it

I guess IS ran out of manaketes to make 180 bst units so they are recycling and of course another fates royal, let's see if this one is a randon trainee too

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Great banner, very happy to see Berkut.

I'm hoping Delthea is green somehow, but she will probably be red.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible banner, only berkut and mareeta save it

I guess IS ran out of manaketes to make 180 bst units so they are recycling and of course another fates royal, let's see if this one is a randon trainee too

There's Nah, Nagi, FMorgan can be a Manakete ... i actually mentioned a few. And the Kanas. Kana instead of FCorrin for the infantry one and FMorgan for YTiki. Though the Kanas might not fit the theme.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
No fmorgan isnt a manalete

FMorgan can officially and absolutely viable be a Manakete. Nowi, Nah or ATiki as the mother, MRobin obviously as the father. Just as valid as Tharja as the mother, or literally any other of Awakening's playable heroines.
Both Morgans also can be Taguel, btw. FMorgan via Panne as the mother, and MMorgan via Yarne as the father.

The kids of Robin and Corrin, both genders, are literally the most viable ones for alts, given that they can be basically a part of every race in Awakening and Fates.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, my orbs are safe.
Gotta echo the Berkut art compliments tho, especially the sprite art. Might do a pull or two and go for him or Fallen Legendary Tiki+
And depending on her art, stats and skills, Delthea might be the first hero I use grails on.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FMorgan can officially and absolutely viable be a Manakete. Nowi, Nah or ATiki as the mother, MRobin obviously as the father. Just as valid as Tharja as the mother, or literally any other of Awakening's playable heroines.
Both Morgans also can be Taguel, btw. FMorgan via Panne as the mother, and MMorgan via Yarne as the father.

The kids of Robin and Corrin, both genders, are literally the most viable ones for alts, given that they can be basically a part of every race in Awakening and Fates.
That will never happen because it will piss off fans of other pairings
So no fmorgan isnt an official and viable manakete

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That will never happen because it will piss off fans of other fans
So no fmorgan isnt an official and viable manakete

Lol, okay. Because "hurt feelings", a viable char/type(class) combination isn't viable.

Seriously, this is an ultra-lol worthy answer. Let's make Titania a red mage, Corrin a flying mage, Chrom a sack-wielding Santa Clause, but hey, lets keep the possible canon shit like Manakete Morgan out of the game, k?

Maybe come up with a better reason why Manakete Morgan as an alt isn't a viable thing than hurt feelings, and if there is none (as there is none) just accept it?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, okay. Because "hurt feelings", a viable char/type(class) combination isn't viable.

Seriously, this is an ultra-lol worthy answer. Let's make Titania a red mage, Corrin a flying mage, Chrom a sack-wielding Santa Clause, but hey, lets keep the possible canon shit like Manakete Morgan out of the game, k?

Maybe come up with a better reason why Manakete Morgan as an alt isn't a viable thing than hurt feelings, and if there is none (as there is none) just accept it?
I meant pairings not fans
And it is a totally viable reason. IS never confirmed a pairing in feh, at maximum they teased pairings like roy and lilina
Fmorgan being a manakete only hapoens with 2 mothers simple as that, it is far from being canon

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I meant pairings not fans
And it is a totally viable reason. IS never confirmed a pairing in feh, at maximum they teased pairings like roy and lilina
Fmorgan being a manakete only hapoens with 2 mothers simple as that, it is far from being canon

And that matters FOR AN ALT how? Main entries are open about their other respective parent. Alts are for re-classes and other possible scenarios. The game has enough "What if" scenarios by including units like Idunn, Grima, even Brave Veronica is from a world where she's not nuts anymore.

Also, what pairing would IS Manakete "officially" confirm with a Manakete FMorgan alt? Nowi? Nah? ATiki? It's not that there are not mulitple options as the mother for a Manakete FMorgan. It's 3 mothers, btw.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
And that matters FOR AN ALT how? Main entries are open about their other respective parent. Alts are for re-classes and other possible scenarios. The game has enough "What if" scenarios by including units like Idunn, Grima, even Brave Veronica is from a world where she's not nuts anymore.

Also, what pairing would IS Manakete "officially" confirm with a Manakete FMorgan alt? Nowi? Nah? ATiki? It's not that there are not mulitple options as the mother for a Manakete FMorgan. It's 3 mothers, btw.
Look if you want to believe it is possible ok for you, I am just saying why it will never happen

And i dont count the child units as mothers because it feels so weird

Well nowi as mother is already weird to begin with, so ehen people say mankete morgan I hope they tiki!Morgan

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Look if you want to believe it is possible ok for you, I am just saying why it will never happen

And i dont count the child units as mothers because it feels so weird

Well nowi as mother is already weird to begin with

Again with some made up things. Just because it's weird as fuck that the children can have children, it doesn't change that it's a possible thing to do in the game...

And yes, i totally believe it's possible, all while sticking to possible game canon and still applying some "IS FEH rules", on top of not making up rules on the go for ruling something out completely.

But honestly, i'm done with that discussion, could've used the time for better things.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I totally think they could do Manakete (or Taguel) Morgans at some point. I don't think it will be any time soon though, and they probably bring other dragons into the game first.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff being canon or not in regards to adding stuff to FEH isn't a good argument to make anyway.

Unless you also believe it's canon that a bunch of important people arbitrarily buggered off from the wars they were fighting to have a festival in bunny suits, maid dresses, bikini's, valentine's Day outfits and God knows what else they have planned for seasonal units.

If they want to add more dragon units, I can absolutely see Morgan getting dragon alts at some point.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Stuff being canon or not in regards to adding stuff to FEH isn't a good argument to make anyway.

Unless you also believe it's canon that a bunch of important people arbitrarily buggered off from the wars they were fighting to have a festival in bunny suits, maid dresses, bikini's, valentine's Day outfits and God knows what else they have planned for seasonal units.

If they want to add more dragon units, I can absolutely see Morgan getting dragon alts at some point.
While that's true, I also don't see characters who are not canon manaketes getting dragon alts. Stuff like Morgan can be somewhat justified but they can't just take Bartre and turn him into a dragon for Christmas, no matter how awesome that sounds.

Still, between alts of existing dragons and a bunch of dragons that are yet to be added I don't see IS running out of them anytime soon. Beasts, however... I figure we'll start seeing alts sooner or later, given how very few interesting choices are left to be added.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I totally think they could do Manakete (or Taguel) Morgans at some point. I don't think it will be any time soon though, and they probably bring other dragons into the game first.

I kinda expect Taguel Morgan at some point. They've already rapidly gone through the list of beast units from Fateswakening and I doubt they want to mine Tellius forever in the future. Could see that alt showing up on a Fates kids banner.

I would think Manateke Morgan is less likely just because there are so many more dragons than beasts to pull from.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing that we somehow have got most of the beast units from Tellius before getting a single dragon laguz.

Guess they're in a difficult position regarding those.

If they're just like regular Manaketes, they (absolutely justified) have to face the question on why they weren't added to the game earlier.
Making them like the other beasts on the other hand, has IS in a position with two similar unit types that behave different. Would have to run under the beast icons and not under the dragon icons, despite transforming into dragons.

Tellius dragons make things complicated! ^^

I kinda expect Taguel Morgan at some point. They've already rapidly gone through the list of beast units from Fateswakening and I doubt they want to mine Tellius forever in the future. Could see that alt showing up on a Fates kids banner.

Taguel is basically only Yarne left, and Morgan alts. Kitsune and Wolfskin are even completely done, only possible alts for the Kanas and Shigure are left here.

There's still some Tellius Laguz left, but that unit type was never large to begin with.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, let's wait and see what Three Houses brings in terms of Manaketes or other Beasts. If there are any of those two races in the game, i hope that there's more than just two representatives, like with Taguel and Kitsune/Wolfskin.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Another reason why dragon/taguel fmorgan is unlikely is because mmorgan cant be it. I doubt that we get one without the other

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
They can just make alts for existing Beasts if they want new Beast units and don't want to dedicate a New Heroes banner to them. Like, I'd be shocked if the Fates beasts and Laguz royals weren't in consideration for some of the seasonal banners.

Especially Selkie. If there's not already an alt of her in development I would be shocked.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Quick thoughts on the banner. Fallen Heroes is a fun theme, but by now I just want new heroes. Since we had a ridiculous dry spell from september onwards, most games in the franchise have a big gap since their last banner, especially SoV, Marth's games and Sacred Stones.

On the heroes themselves: Mareeta is cool for being a Thracia character, Berkut is another pretty good alt although it probably means that regular Berkut will never get anything good. FCorrin and Tiki are lame as hell, they have a lot of alts already. There were better picks.

Oct 25, 2017
Quick thoughts on the banner. Fallen Heroes is a fun theme, but by now I just want new heroes. Since we had a ridiculous dry spell from september onwards, most games in the franchise have a big gap since their last banner, especially SoV, Marth's games and Sacred Stones.

On the heroes themselves: Mareeta is cool for being a Thracia character, Berkut is another pretty good alt although it probably means that regular Berkut will never get anything good. FCorrin and Tiki are lame as hell, they have a lot of alts already. There were better picks.
they couldve at least used superior tiki again for the first time since the original summer banner...

Doesnt matter to me though, fallen heroes are instant no pull

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Another reason why dragon/taguel fmorgan is unlikely is because mmorgan cant be it. I doubt that we get one without the other

Does FEH care about MMorgan, though? Female characters tend to be featured more and MMorgan got demoted afterwards. You're right that Morgan might be a special case due to Robin, I just get the sense FMorgan is more popular.

They can just make alts for existing Beasts if they want new Beast units and don't want to dedicate a New Heroes banner to them. Like, I'd be shocked if the Fates beasts and Laguz royals weren't in consideration for some of the seasonal banners.

Especially Selkie. If there's not already an alt of her in development I would be shocked.

Yeah, this is probably the most likely thing to happen. Holiday wolves and foxes this year or something, instead of armors.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
IMO, doing child non-seasonal alts would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Specially the Morgans and Kanas which are bland as hell.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
It is now technically possible to do a full summon session and receive 5 different Corrins at once. Now that's what I call blessed.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Does FEH care about MMorgan, though? Female characters tend to be featured more and MMorgan got demoted afterwards. You're right that Morgan might be a special case due to Robin, I just get the sense FMorgan is more popular.

Given that a hero with both, a male and female variant, will get another alt for the female version, i don't think that it somehow matters wether MMorgan is able to be a Manakete or not. At least not for the banner that would feature Manakete FMorgan as an alt.

While IS tends to keep the alts for the multi-gendered heroes in balance, it doesn't mean that they have to get alts at the same time or even the same alt-type to begin with.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Given that a hero with both, a male and female variant, will get another alt for the female version, i don't think that it somehow matters wether MMorgan is able to be a Manakete or not. At least not for the banner that would feature Manakete FMorgan as an alt.

While IS tends to keep the alts for the multi-gendered heroes in balance, it doesn't mean that they have to get alts at the same time or even the same alt-type to begin with.
Fgrima didnt release together with Mgrima so Mcorrin not being in this banner matters little. If anything it implies that we will get a Mcorrin alt soon, probably legendary

Also I just remembered that MMorgan can be a taguel so taguel morgans are more likely than manakete ones. But even then I doubt they will commit to confirm any awakening pairing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.