• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I feel V!Titania is fine because of her movement/weapon type. She's mediocre, yes, but honestly most ranged horses aren't great unless you're minmaxed or have a great prf. SM!Eirika is more minmaxed, and better than V!Titania, but not *that* much better. If you're going the bladetome route, Eirika only has 2 more speed on Titania.
Eirika has IVs too. Titania is basically red Ursula. 1 spd 1 atk difference. The only other real difference is Blue horse tome has way more competition.
ok sweet, thx pal! that way I can specifically invest into 1 or 2 of the chars
Aversa stands out most in AR however. It doesnt stop her from being good elsewhere, but AR is where she stands above. Shes also the only flying mage that can be reasonably merged, so thats really nice.

For other Grail units, WCecilia is extremely good. Naesala is excellent but doesnt work in all teams. Masked Marth is one of the best of the older units. Dragon Slaying is quite nice right now. Navarre is also really good, but requires extremely high investment to take full advantage of.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel V!Titania is fine because of her movement/weapon type. She's mediocre, yes, but honestly most ranged horses aren't great unless you're minmaxed or have a great prf. SM!Eirika is more minmaxed, and better than V!Titania, but not *that* much better. If you're going the bladetome route, Eirika only has 2 more speed on Titania.

Edit: I also think y'all underestimate Picnic Leo. While strictly worse than a 5*+10 Cecilia, his mixed bulk lends himself to TA3/raventome very well. And, as TA3/Raven becomes more necessary to handle Alm, Leo might become more common.

ohhh V!-Titania actually might be good too, because there are so few red horse mages! only 3 right? thx for that tip

for Picnic Leo, personally I already have a 5+8 LA-Lilina (and 4+10 Cecilia) for green horse mages, but thx again for extra feedback

Eirika has IVs too. Titania is basically red Ursula. 1 spd 1 atk difference. The only other real difference is Blue horse tome has way more competition.

Aversa stands out most in AR however. It doesnt stop her from being good elsewhere, but AR is where she stands above. Shes also the only flying mage that can be reasonably merged, so thats really nice.

For other Grail units, WCecilia is extremely good. Naesala is excellent but doesnt work in all teams. Masked Marth is one of the best of the older units. Dragon Slaying is quite nice right now. Navarre is also really good, but requires extremely high investment to take full advantage of.
ok awesome, thx for the detailed info

this thread is so much better to get gameplay answers than the FEH subreddit

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
ohhh V!-Titania actually might be good too, because there are so few red horse mages! only 3 right? thx for that tip

for Picnic Leo, personally I already have a 5+8 LA-Lilina (and 4+10 Cecilia) for green horse mages, but thx again for extra feedback

ok awesome, thx for the detailed info

this thread is so much better to get gameplay answers than the FEH subreddit
I wouldn't spend grails on V!Titania, even someone like Tharja from the normal pool is fine.

It's just most of Titania's failings have to do with ranged cavs as a whole, not the unit herself.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't spend grails on V!Titania, even someone like Tharja from the normal pool is fine.

It's just most of Titania's failings have to do with ranged cavs as a whole, not the unit herself.
ohhh dang haha

I actually use horse teams a lot, because I don't really care much about Arena or AR scoring

my main team is 5+4 Hrid, 5+10 Reinhardt, 5+8 LA-Lilina, 5+4 Brave Lyn

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I think WCecilia doesn't cut it, and then I smite her into a team with Azura buffs and miss out on the pots because she killed everything.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
CYL2 banner has been kind to me. I got 2 Veronicas with my free summons, and yesterday I got Micaiah, another Veronica, Nina, and Keaton in less than 70 orbs. The last 2 I didn't even have before.
All I wanted was a neutral Veronica but it wasn't meant to happen. My best one right now is -HP +SPD.
I can finally fix the bane of my other Micaiah (+ATK -RES). I hear she is good for AR.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I've got a pity rate on the CYL 2 banner, but I'm just going to let it go given my "missing pullable units" count is going back to 8 at reset and I like having 155 orbs to start with.

Oct 25, 2017
Compensation tickets!

Though it worked out for my friend who got a Veronica and Celica from CYL2 with their last two tickets.
I got squat, naturally.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can never interpret Nintendo's time zone announcements, they never make sense or use some weird zone I guess in Asia

but is the new banner tonight, like as in soon from this post??

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
No Corn. Again. And I don't feel like spending money. But I did get +Atk bratty Tiki at least, so not completely in vain.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Brattiki! That's a good nick, nice Sterok! ^^ (yes, i included the second "t" to avoid the word "bra")

Got a -Spd (of course) Corrin with my free orbs ... also no money from me, so that's it, if i don't luck out with the tickets.

E:

LOL, the intro to the Forging Bonds ... Princess Fjorm's Thriller!

E2:

Woah, this Forging Bonds is kinda dark and sad.

Berkut partially regaining his mind and looking for Rinea. Darn.

Last edited:

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Some units just have an affinity for me.

Wanted a Berkut, but got a -atk+def Wailing Corrin instead.

I'm now able to run a full F.Corrin Emblem team

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, screw my broom. The fucking tickets gave me 2 DumaBerkuts. +Res / -Spd and +Def / -HP. First time ever i get two free units from such tickets.

Hmm, both boons can be useful, and both banes are ok. Any opinion from you people?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well after a slew of useless 3-stars I managed to get a session where I pulled two Mareetas. Now to wait another year for the next Thracia character.

Oct 25, 2017
Though i'm only one level in, the tone for this Forging Bonds is all over the place; which I guess isn't surprising.

Looks like we're getting compensation orbs (10) AND grails (100) for the AR glitch.
Though whoever lost lift due to the glitch is out of luck.

Totally works for me though.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Came in with 13 orbs, 2 blues, second blue was a +atk -res F!Berkut..... why couldn't I get characters I wanted this easy when I spent money on the game? I'll throw my tickets at blue in the hopes of getting a dupe to remove the res bane or Mordecai.... colorless if no blue.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Got a - spd +res Mareeta off a hero ticket summon, so spent orbs and got a +spd -def one. Merges onto the +spd hero.

A +spd Lene pitybroke me too, so I'll probably use that as base (current Lene is - atk +res).

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Gettng a lot of green orbs this banner, sometimes even 3 at a time, I was pretty lucky even though I only got 1 banner unit, in 40 orbs + the tickets I got the new Corrin, a Loki and Mikoto. Loki is a new unit for me.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a weird joy in watching a team of Laguz birds wipe the advanced forging bonds maps in 1st turn player phase. Still don't understand why they decided to keep cavalry units nerfed at 157 BST after creating 3 movement fliers with 162.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled a spare Caggy on one circle who is +Atk. Wondering if he's best as fodder or if I should merge. My +Res one gets plenty of kills as it is and I have him set as an enemy phase unit anyway. Not too sure who would get use out of DD4 quite yet though.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Since he's talking about DD4, aka Distant Def 4, it's Caineghis. Though without DD4 i wouldn't have known that either.

Jesus, fought a +10 BadCorrin in AA just now ... she was pushed into my team via Smite from a Mordecai, aka debuff-bonanza. So we're talking about a fully tactic buffed +10 Corrin, who also self-buffed herself +6 because there were no allies of her near ... AND debuffed my whole team via Mordecai's weapon effect.

Needless to say, that was one of my units gone. She's just nasty, yeesh.

Last edited:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, the art for the characters with this new Forging Bonds event is amazing!

It's a shame I could not even begin to care less about any of this new Aether stuff. I still open the game daily but it has been so long since I found it enjoyable.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Final haul from the Hero Fest re-runs after 110 summons (pulled the remaining four stones every time after every free first summon, which worked out pretty well):

• Celica (Brave) x2
• Ephraim (Brave) x2
• Genny
• Hinoka (WF)
• Ike (Brave)
• Karel
• Lewyn
• Linde
• Lyn (Brave)
• Mist
• Sigurd
• Veronica (Brave)

I'm still eagerly awaiting that fateful day when I get three 5* units in a single summon. I got insanely close when I pulled two consecutive 5*s followed by a 3* in one summoning round, and then immediately after summoned another two consecutive 5*s in the next round. Can't complain about an 80% success rate out of 5 straight summons though. lol

That's how it is for everyone. I think they fucked up and didn't realize that it wasn't 10 for each banner.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I was worried I somehow missed out on some tickets.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Went in with my whole 10 orbs and got...nothing. But it's no surprise.

At least I still have my 3 W!Eirikas from using hundreds of orbs trying (and failing) to pull for L!Alm.

sigh

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
The story in Book 3 is much more interesting compared to *cough cough*
Honestly, I consider it a step down. There was at least some amount of effort put into Laegjarn, Laevatein and Helbindi, dialogue had a bit more substance to it and there was some effort to tell a coherent war story, barebones as it was. Book 3 had an alright start but quickly devolved into the sort of low effort plot and scenes that wouldn't be out of place in Book 1. Leif and the other chick are non-characters, Hel is somehow even less entertaining than Surtr (also less irritating, though at least he made me feel something), Eir is just as much of a wet noodle as Fjorm but gets a free pass because she's hot goth gf. There are more interesting concepts here and there but they're largely unexplored and/or badly executed. So far the narrative has been this silly scooby-doo esque chase of Hel throwing curses at Alfonse without any clear goal, purpose, sense of progression or direction. It's such a whole bunch of nothing. Book 2 at least had better character interactions and a less meandering, more purposeful narrative.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So I'm not certain about this but say I was to get an extra Mareeta. Theoretically I would fodder that extra for FB4 to Mia. Would the +5 true damage not stack with Mia's prf weapon's wo doa effect?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So I'm not certain about this but say I was to get an extra Mareeta. Theoretically I would fodder that extra for FB4 to Mia. Would the +5 true damage not stack with Mia's prf weapon's wo doa effect?
Assuming you meet the speed check, the +5 would stack with the +10 Wo dao damage.

In general, extra stats/damage that are given *during combat* stack, whereas extra stats given at start of turn ("bonuses") do not stack.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
~70 orbs and the tickets, and I got horse Chrom and Ishtar, already had both, but with just okay IVs. I also don't use them, so I might as well just give even atk wave to my nino. And my very last summon was a +spd Berkut. Thats... not great, but at least I got one focus.

Also, B3 story is at least getting somewhere now. The fact that Lif may be pulling a Lucina on us is already enough to put it way ahead of the entire B2 imo.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Berkut sure is something. In the Forging Bonds, all the women are doing their own little character story and Berkut keeps showing up shouting "POWER!!!!!!!!" at them. It's kinda surreal.

I went colorless on all my summon tickets and missed on all of 'em. Ah well. Hopefully we get a decent arena rotation when it's their turn.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Berkut sure is something. In the Forging Bonds, all the women are doing their own little character story and Berkut keeps showing up shouting "POWER!!!!!!!!" at them. It's kinda surreal.

I went colorless on all my summon tickets and missed on all of 'em. Ah well. Hopefully we get a decent arena rotation when it's their turn.
Where I'm at he had an encounter with Tiki. He's now convinced that Rinea will be summoned eventually and they'll be together. It's sad.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
It should also apply to Karla's Vassal Blade, where she can get +12 damage per hit with FB4 if all her speed checks hit.

And if you have a fast infantry archer with Shining Bow, they should stack the bonus damage as well though it's using different stats.

Interesting as well. Don't have either sadly. ;_;

Would have been interesting with Ayra as well, if her prf weapon didn't already halve FB built in. I mean one could give her slaying edge with SPD refine, though that would mean switching out swift sparrow with FB4 and SS isn't a sacred seal as of now. Would leave consider (dare I say it) the phantom speed seal, though don't know about that.

Edit: Threw in 3 tickets and got Mareeta! Could have had better IVs: DEF+/RES-, but should still be salvageable with none of her important stats hindered at least! And even with the IVs, can't see myself foddering her for right now.

But about damn time a ticket gives me a focus unit. Can't remember if any did give me an off-focus unit; otherwise I've always got squat with tickets. Just leaves one to ticket to grab on FB, though don't hope to get anyone else. Really wanted to get F!Berkut as well.

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
First ticket gets me... Mareeta! -Spd... At least she might be good fodder if I ever get a better copy of her?

Status
Not open for further replies.