• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
First ticket gets me... Mareeta! -Spd... At least she might be good fodder if I ever get a better copy of her?

I mean you gotta be certain the unit you would give FB4 to has great speed, as we discussed momentarily ago which units could make great use of it. Otherwise, she is another unit that can also be foddered for null follow-up.

And Mia is the only unit that can get both, considering she's the only unit with FB3 as a skill. Though still pretty debatable on how well it synergizes with her.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm actually surprised how well Leif is working as a galeforce unit since I've given him Joint Hone Speed. Albeit, I've only seen him in PvE context, not with inflated stats or in AR.

Light Brand's niche is surprisingly good for galeforcing, and S Drink means he doesn't need to bother with quickened/infantry pulse. Leif has a pitiful 33 attack (49 with light brand); however, very few enemies have bulk less than 49 (or 52, 53, and 54, if you use Fury, SS2, or LnD respectively). This means against low defense enemies, who tend to have higher res, Leif avoids one-shotting becasue of his poor might; but on high defense enemies who might otherwise be too bulky to avoid death, Light Brand's +7 true damage really helps.

My only real issue if once we move to inflated stats or something like AR, and even then, Navarre is probably better because of Scarlet Sword.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Event calendar up.

Looks like we are getting this year's bridal units on 5/21, considering the previous bridal banners are explicitly mentioned. And that will be followed with another TT+ a few days later.

New BHB with Leif (speaking of which) and Nanna on 5/27.

Summoning focuses on the following: the new refines, dragon fang, BHB, flier formation, and VG.

Mythic hero banner will start on 5/30.

Eir and flyer quests.

And Encore event for Tap Battle, so I feel we aren't getting much orbs there.

New heroes coming on 6/11 along with the next FB event.

BHB revival with Corrin and Kana and GHB revival with Gharnef.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God, these animated "cutscenes" with the Summoner and the 4 forging bond units are hilariously inappropriate considering the 4 units this time around.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
God, these animated "cutscenes" with the Summoner and the 4 forging bond units are hilariously inappropriate considering the 4 units this time around.
I thought that. 'The summoner is having a lovely time, standing around a fire in a dark wood with four people possessed by evil dragon gods and turned into violent maniacs'.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It seems like the pattern of alt salt is Camilla, Lyn, Lucina, then back to Camilla, then repeat. Camilla won CYL 3 followed by Legendary Lyn winning the Find and Vote in controversial fashion, so I think we're getting Bridecina.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think bride Lucina would be out of character
Groom "Marth" tho would be a great addition

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
We getting either Lucina or Camilla with the other being saved for next year. I think even IS would be reluctant to give us another Camilla so soon but the Summer slot is still open for Lucina so Camilla now and Lucina for Summer would make them the most money.

I think bride Lucina would be out of character
Groom "Marth" tho would be a great addition

Didn't stop them giving Lucina the bride costume in Warirors though.

img_pack_img.jpg

Groom "Marth" would be great though. Too bad too many manchildren would whine about it for IS to even bother considering it.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like the recent trend of summoning events is characters that would bankrupt me personally, so I'm fully expecting Bridal Mae and Faye.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Wait, didn't we got groom Marth already? I'm sure he was last year's Tempest Trials reward.

Edit. Ah you mean Lucina disguised as Marth as a groom.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, damn.

I've been playing this game since release and for almost two years I've tried to basically play optimally every day, and so far it has resulted in very nice consistent rewards and rarely missing out on stuff, but not many outright achievements. I started AR poorly too and while Light seasons have needed highly merged Eir, Astra hasn't needed that but has always gone poorly for me. This week tho...

I've been poor at making defenses so I took a defense design from FEH streamer Akariss built around IP and Alm and it has ended up being amazing and winning every game. Azura is bonus so I've been able to run Ophelia + 4 dancers, and not face many teams posing problems to it. And on the day of the bug, a kind person from the FEH discord had recognized me after I beat him and offered to give me a free def win to me. 5 minutes later I got a defense loss, in immunity.

So here we are. 2 days left. I'm rank #1 in AR and not only that, I still have the chance of t25, which is only possible during Astra weeks if you have a perfect week: no points losses at all. Three games to win, and to pray for no def loss.

What for many has been one of the most disappointed weeks of AR with the bug and everything has turned out to be something truly amazing on a personal note.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I might get a golden throne because of this week's glitch. Not only did I get four easy rematches, but because most people have kept their ladders, I've gotten more successes (my map isn't easy to outright lose against, but is extremely hard to win with no losses, so a lot of successes are people laddering).

This is nice, since I do not like spending orbs for characters other than my jugdral heroes, so basically this astra/anima and the next one are my only chances to realistically get the golden throne. If I don't get it, eh, no big deal.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Delthea GHB wasn't that hard. Though it's one of those maps where the enemy AI moves even when you never hit the danger zone!

Tried to sneak attack the firesweep bow flier with my S!Takumi lol.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The blessed wind grounds today was very difficult with that final map being the burger king map. Had to rebless quan and og!reinhardt to get through it (they were water blessed previously, so their blessing didn't matter), but got through it.

I'll probably go through the rest of my wind blessed units and think critically which of these buggers I really want to keep. Sanaki is an odd one, because I'm struggling to think of a better use than just ending her home for 1k feathers. Her statline isn't awful per se, but she just feels like too much work and investment to be acceptable and I know I don't want to put the effort into that.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Pretty much did the same and gave wind blessings to OG!Reinhardt and B!Hector (and just in case, Cherche), considering I managed the water blessing BG maps last week.

Gotta wonder what Earth and Fire will get next.

Oct 25, 2017
70 orbs later, I have a +SPD/-HP FBerkut (HP is a superbane, natch) and a +HP/-SPD Tiki.
Lousy stats aside, I've at least kept my Tiki collection complete.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
New Blessed Garden was fun. Thank goodness for Air Nino and her ability to cleave through the enemies on the third map.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Delthea really was easy, although that's always nice for me on weekends. Promoted and built her, she kills things. Definitely worthy of spending grails and feathers for. B-skill of course Desperation, because there's few heroes who basically shout "DESPERATION" directly in your face as much as she does.
Though i''m unsure about her A-skill. Death Blow is just reliable in-your-face on initiation, Brazen Atk/Spd is still a bit premium but needed for her Celica-lite build, Fury 3/4 has her enter Desperation range with a single attack if i calculated correctly.

Nickname btw. is Deathea. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Gotta say, in AA i really, really dread seeing +10 BadCorrin more than Brattiki. I gave my Julia the Close Counter Naga refinement and Mirror stance and those Corrins sometime really manage to outburst her. Maybe i'll switch up QR 2 (yes i'm being cheap) for Vantage.

And btw. IS ... can we PLEASE, for the LOVE of every god in Fire Emblem, have a pullable hero with QR3 available at 4*? Please? Pretty please? With sugar and sparkly flakes on top?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I promoted Fallen Delthea to 5* because I don't really have that many infantry blue mages. I never got a regular Delthea, Linde, Ophelia, or even a good Tailtiu.
All she needs is Desperation, Glimmer, and the Darting Blow Seal.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I promoted Fallen Delthea to 5* because I don't really have that many infantry blue mages. I never got a regular Delthea, Linde, Ophelia, or even a good Tailtiu.
All she needs is Desperation, Glimmer, and the Darting Blow Seal.

Saw someone on reddit going full premium on Deathea. +2, Flashing Blade 4, Special Spiral, Even Atk Wave. Blazing Wind as the special, Darting Blow seal, and Summoner Support on S, with 3 Dragonic Flowers.

Was like 38 Spd, which on initiation is baiscally +10, so 48.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Saw someone on reddit going full premium on Deathea. +2, Flashing Blade 4, Special Spiral, Even Atk Wave. Blazing Wind as the special, Darting Blow seal, and Summoner Support on S, with 3 Dragonic Flowers.

Was like 38 Spd, which on initiation is baiscally +10, so 48.
I have the fodder (1 Mareeta, 2 Lewyns, and 1 Keaton) but that's a lot of investment. FB4 would make her a monster for sure but she can't do turn-1 AoE special.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So basically, I'm at a bottleneck of feathers I probably won't be able to create more raventome units for some time.

With that said, what are you general strategies for dealing with L!Alm in arena assault?

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So basically, I'm at a bottleneck of feathers I probably won't be able to create more raventome units for some time.

With that said, what are you general strategies for dealing with L!Alm in arena assault?

Did mine yesterday and either let high attack melee attackers go at him, use Reinhardt, or get a mage in Desperation range and double him. Noticed a lot of the people I was going up against were giving him Rally skills, so he would often be the last or second-to-last unit left.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I farmed 8 units this past weekend so I have a surplus of feathers but I don't know what to build right now. Maybe Fae. I should have enough copies to +10 her.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I still spend 120K feathers every arena season to build a new bonus unit (when I don't have a merged bonus unit already), so I'm always in feather poverty. Upcoming L!Hector season could require more investment than that, since arena scores will likely be massively inflated.

I have few raventomes myself, so I've mostly relied on AI manipulation to separate him from his teammates (easier said than done) and player phasing him. It can be tough because he often lags behind in an armor team. Trying to tank him is suicide unless you can land a panic or ploys on him, but of course most of my AA teams can't do that either.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I still spend 120K feathers every arena season to build a new bonus unit (when I don't have a merged bonus unit already), so I'm always in feather poverty. Upcoming L!Hector season could require more investment than that, since arena scores will likely be massively inflated.
Wow, you give +5 merges to your bonus units? That's a lot of investment. How much are you scoring each season? This week I scored 3746 points and I can't believe that I'm 200 spots from not being able to go up to tier 21. Other seasons 3734+ was enough.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Delthea really was easy, although that's always nice for me on weekends. Promoted and built her, she kills things. Definitely worthy of spending grails and feathers for. B-skill of course Desperation, because there's few heroes who basically shout "DESPERATION" directly in your face as much as she does.
Though i''m unsure about her A-skill. Death Blow is just reliable in-your-face on initiation, Brazen Atk/Spd is still a bit premium but needed for her Celica-lite build, Fury 3/4 has her enter Desperation range with a single attack if i calculated correctly.

Nickname btw. is Deathea. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Gotta say, in AA i really, really dread seeing +10 BadCorrin more than Brattiki. I gave my Julia the Close Counter Naga refinement and Mirror stance and those Corrins sometime really manage to outburst her. Maybe i'll switch up QR 2 (yes i'm being cheap) for Vantage.

And btw. IS ... can we PLEASE, for the LOVE of every god in Fire Emblem, have a pullable hero with QR3 available at 4*? Please? Pretty please? With sugar and sparkly flakes on top?
Linus has brazen atk spd. If you have the grails.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, you give +5 merges to your bonus units? That's a lot of investment. How much are you scoring each season? This week I scored 3746 points and I can't believe that I'm 200 spots from not being able to go up to tier 21. Other seasons 3734+ was enough.

Yeah, I sometimes spend an extra 20K for Aether as well, but it depends on whether I need it... let's see, some of the bonus units I've built in the past include Lon'qu, Olivia (current bonus), Shanna, Tailtiu, Hawkeye, Frederick, and more. I've been able to skip occasionally during the old Fjorm bonus weeks, and also during some of the more recent legendary bonuses.

Depending on the level of competitiveness in a given season, I fish for 748 or 750 matches (3800 or 3810 final score). I expect 748s aren't gonna be enough for at least the next 3 weeks though, and Tier 21 might even require 752+ for the L!Hector weeks.

My Sothe is waiting for his final 3 merges, but I don't dare spend the feathers right now because I'm afraid I'll need them for arena. That's the story for pretty much all my merge projects at this point.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I sometimes spend an extra 20K for Aether as well, but it depends on whether I need it... let's see, some of the bonus units I've built in the past include Lon'qu, Olivia (current bonus), Shanna, Tailtiu, Hawkeye, Frederick, and more. I've been able to skip occasionally during the old Fjorm bonus weeks, and also during some of the more recent legendary bonuses.

Depending on the level of competitiveness in a given season, I fish for 748 or 750 matches (3800 or 3810 final score). I expect 748s aren't gonna be enough for at least the next 3 weeks though, and Tier 21 might even require 752+ for the L!Hector weeks.

My Sothe is waiting for his final 3 merges, but I don't dare spend the feathers right now because I'm afraid I'll need them for arena. That's the story for pretty much all my merge projects at this point.

Wow, you must farm HM everyday. My only +10 units are A!Tiki, Nowi, Nino, and Fir. I spent too many feathers for SI and GHB units that I almost never use xD
Garon was finally useful this past season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.