• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Veronica would be interesting for Astra for the healing too, since that season is more likely to see Duma show up with his Upheaval. I guess Reyson or Leann can also be the alternate Eir too. You could swap in Louise to pair with Rein, perhaps.

Louise as a budget brave Lyn alternative is actually a decent idea. Obviously her stats don't quite match up and no sacaes blessing is a negative but if I slapped a brave bow and desperation on her it probably wouldn't matter too much. If I ever get Naga I'll probably do that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, Deirdre won? Awesome! Picked her team by sheer randomness and some intention to support a green lady.

Made a thing yesterday evening, started an Oboro merge project. Had a 4* +Res one and just promoted her and a manual for the first merge, had 330k feathers so i thought why not. Solid mixed defensive stats, built-in Close Def, armor effectiveness ... i don't think i'll regret building her. ^^

We're talking about Astra teams? I made one with Naga (duh), BrideFjorm to fuck with dancers, Idunn for anti-armor, anti-Surtr and with Naga's buff anti armor-dragon and Sonya with a Special Spiral build with an open slot for bonus heroes, or a dancer or other fitting units ... tried it this week with Velouria and C-support for Sonya to basically have a green Ophelia.

As posted yesterday, didn't work at all due to me getting only hard counters. Like teams with 2 or more dancers, and actually two times a +10 L'Chrom that basically fucks half of my team due to anti-dragon or WTA against Sonya.

So yeah, i can be a pretty petty person ... actually trying to make a non-lame team (yeah yeah i know Special Spiral Sonya), game decides to fuck me over. Me goes back to Ophelia + 2 dancers + Naga instead of Eir and tadaaaa, wins.

I really hate this ...

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Sitting idly in AR tier 20 I realized that I have zero idea about how things actually work in this mode.
For example, this season. It's anima/astra, right? Then why don't Duma and anima blessed heroes give any bonus? Why Naga does?
During the recent light season I had +122 points for my team with Eir. My Duma team has the default +80 right now. I have to recompose my teams every time the elements change.
It's frustrating.
For this season I had to put L'Roy into one of the teams to get a bonus but I'm very uncomfortable with what I have to work with to the point I'm loosing most of the battles I start.
/end of angry rant

Oh yay Pent won against Sigurd!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting idly in AR tier 20 I realized that I have zero idea about how things actually work in this mode.
For example, this season. It's anima/astra, right? Then why don't Duma and anima blessed heroes give any bonus? Why Naga does?
During the recent light season I had +122 points for my team with Eir. My Duma team has the default +80 right now. I have to recompose my teams every time the elements change.
It's frustrating.
For this season I had to put L'Roy into one of the teams to get a bonus but I'm very uncomfortable with what I have to work with to the point I'm loosing most of the battles I start.
/end of angry rant

Oh yay Pent won against Sigurd!

You know, if they wouldn't force players to at least put some work in every week due to changing bonus heroes and elements, the players would make one def team that just works all / most of the time and 5 fixed offensive teams and call it a day.

Reason it's annoying though isn't because you have to adapt and change your teams, it's because skill, seal and team management tucked away in different submenues is clunky as heck.

Ideally, you manage a heroes skills and seal directly via their detail screen ... like by touching/clicking on a skill slot or the seal slot and pick one of the available ones.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
You know, if they wouldn't force players to at least put some work in every week due to changing bonus heroes and elements, the players would make one def team that just works all / most of the time and 5 fixed offensive teams and call it a day.

Reason it's annoying though isn't because you have to adapt and change your teams, it's because skill, seal and team management tucked away in different submenues is clunky as heck.

Ideally, you manage a heroes skills and seal directly via their detail screen ... like by touching/clicking on a skill slot or the seal slot and pick one of the available ones.
Yeah skills and seals management is a major pain. I hope they change it one day.
But what actually frustrates me is not the skill management but inconsistency. Or fuzziness of the rules.
Like, why even call it "anima season" if anima blessings have no effect on anything. Or do I miss something and they do have some effect? What is it then?
Also, why give light/astra parties to manage when you assume that players will have to change their compositions every other season?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah skills and seals management is a major pain. I hope they change it one day.
But what actually frustrates me is not the skill management but inconsistency. Or fuzziness of the rules.
Like, why even call it "anima season" if anima blessings have no effect on anything. Or do I miss something and they do have some effect? What is it then?
Also, why give light/astra parties to manage when you assume that players will have to change their compositions every other season?

Anima has an effect? FIeld Duma with Anima-blessed heroes and look how it reduces the max. Lift you can lose on lost defense matches. Same goes for Dark and Yune.
Naga gives an offensive bonus like Eir in Astra weeks now. Again, like with Eir you need the mythic and bless heroes on the same team(s).

And just like with legendaries, blessed heroes also get a stat buff from the mythics when they're on the same team.

Basically, the only difference between legendary seasons and mythic seasons is that mythic seasons are on a fixed rotation of Light/Dark and Astra/Anima.

About the mythic parties switch ... well, ideally you don't want to change the whole team. Eir and Naga will probably be on every Light/Astra team until there's more heroes for those elements. So you'd only need to adapt possible blessed heroes and bonus units and so on. If they wouldn't have made this swap possible, you'd have fun setting up 5 teams every week.

Just a little QoL improvement. ^^

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Anima has an effect? FIeld Duma with Anima-blessed heroes and look how it reduces the max. Lift you can lose on lost defense matches. Same goes for Dark and Yune.
Naga gives an offensive bonus like Eir in Astra weeks now. Again, with Eir you need the mythic and bless heroes on the same team(s).
Oooooh wait so the first blessing is always offensive and the second one is always defensive? Or do they swap? I certainly remember Duma giving bonus points to offensive team.
Also didn't know it's possible to reduce the amount of lift you can lose on defense. Now things start making sense lol.

About the mythic parties switch ... well, ideally you don't want to change the whole team. Eir and Naga will probably be on every Light/Astra team until there's more heroes for those elements. So you'd only need to adapt possible blessed heroes and bonus units and so on. If they wouldn't have made this swap possible, you'd have fun setting up 5 teams every week.
Ideally, yes. That is, if you managed to pull Naga. And if you didn't you'd have to pick up a bonus hero and rearrange the team so that it can at least keep you in your current tier. Which means actually setting up 5 teams manually every week that is not Light/Dark. :/

Btw do you actually use all 5 slots? I barely use 2 since the teams I encounter are almost always a combination of Ophelia/LAzura/Rein/BLyn/Veronica/SMicaiah/Nino/Aversa.

Side note: at this point of Naga banner I have one BHector and 4 (!) LLyns - and I was pulling green only when there were no blue orbs. *sigh*

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oooooh wait so the first blessing is always offensive and the second one is always defensive? Or do they swap? I certainly remember Duma giving bonus points to offensive team.
Also didn't know it's possible to reduce the amount of lift you can lose on defense. Now things start making sense lol.

Ideally, yes. That is, if you managed to pull Naga. And if you didn't you'd have to pick up a bonus hero and rearrange the team so that it can at least keep you in your current tier. Which means actually setting up 5 teams manually every week that is not Light/Dark. :/

Btw do you actually use all 5 slots? I barely use 2 since the teams I encounter are almost always a combination of Ophelia/LAzura/Rein/BLyn/Veronica/SMicaiah/Nino/Aversa.

Side note: at this point of Naga banner I have one BHector and 4 (!) LLyns - and I was pulling green only when there were no blue orbs. *sigh*

Dunno what's first and second, but Dark and Anima are at this point always defensive elements, Light and Astra offensive ones.

Duma gives out stat bonuses like the other mythics and legendaries (save for Roy and Alm) during Anima/Astra season, both in offense and defense battles. But the real effect of lowering Lift-loss is only applied on defensive matches, for both him and Anima-blessed heroes. Same applies for Yune.

Likewise, Eir and Naga give the stat bonuses in offense and defense matches too during their seasons, but the effect of earning more Lift from a successful attack is only applied on offense matches.

Well, even without Naga, you can setup the skeletons of your Light teams with Eir and when you do have an Astra hero, you only need to build (up to) 5 teams, or change them. It's still a little improvement over a fixed amount of 5 teams.

Nah, don't use them. I tried to make a non-lame Astra team, game decided to kick me in the nuts by offering only hard counter teams and i went back to Ophelia + 2 dancers + mythic + either bonus or other support. Though i'm not really bothering too much with AR right now. As long as i stay in T21, i'm fine.

Grats, you have 4 Spd Tactics! Or a +3 BowLyn which can be a semi-useful cheerleader in Arena with Gree Duel Infantry.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Dunno what's first and second, but Dark and Anima are at this point always defensive elements, Light and Astra offensive ones.

Duma gives out stat bonuses like the other mythics and legendaries (save for Roy and Alm) during Anima/Astra season, both in offense and defense battles. But the real effect of lowering Lift-loss is only applied on defensive matches, for both him and Anima-blessed heroes. Same applies for Yune.

Likewise, Eir and Naga give the stat bonuses in offense and defense matches too during their seasons, but the effect of earning more Lift from a successful attack is only applied on offense matches.

Well, even without Naga, you can setup the skeletons of your Light teams with Eir and when you do have an Astra hero, you only need to build (up to) 5 teams, or change them. It's still a little improvement over a fixed amount of 5 teams.

Nah, don't use them. I tried to make a non-lame Astra team, game decided to kick me in the nuts by offering only hard counter teams and i went back to Ophelia + 2 dancers + mythic + either bonus or other support. Though i'm not really bothering too much with AR right now. As long as i stay in T21, i'm fine.

Grats, you have 4 Spd Tactics! Or a +3 BowLyn which can be a semi-useful cheerleader in Arena with Gree Duel Infantry.
Yeah I see now how it works, thanks. :)
How do you manage to kill things in t21 without a tank though?

I actually have 5 copies of LLyn now. With Titania being far superior cheerleader (and also res tank) I see no place for this unit or Spd Tactics. I dunno what were they thinking while making this kind of "legendary" hero.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I see now how it works, thanks. :)
How do you manage to kill things in t21 without a tank though?

I actually have 5 copies of LLyn now. With Titania being far superior cheerleader (and also res tank) I see no place for this unit or Spd Tactics. I dunno what were they thinking while making this kind of "legendary" hero.

I kill things with Ophelia, as few heroes survive her, including many WCecilias. ^^

She gets the full spectrum tactic buff, has Hard Bearing to prevent Vantage fuckery, that's pretty much enough for 90% of the fights.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Didn't see Bartre and Pent winning coming.

And guess this settles this leg banner after dumping another 60 orbs. And OMG I feel like I went through a repeat of getting 2 of the same unit that was probably my least priority in succession, previously with Kliff.

Ended up with 2 Lughs lol!

One RES+/DEF- and another RES+/HP-.

Will keep one and fodder the other.

Now it's back to orb hoarding.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
AR sucks when it's not Light Season. I'll sit comfortably on T21 and get my rewards. I'm getting victories on offense but it's not enough to raise a tier.
I'll eventually have to assemble an offensive team that can work without blessings.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't see Bartre and Pent winning coming.

And guess this settles this leg banner after dumping another 60 orbs. And OMG I feel like I went through a repeat of getting 2 of the same unit that was probably my least priority in succession, previously with Kliff.

Ended up with 2 Lughs lol!

One RES+/DEF- and another RES+/HP-.

Will keep one and fodder the other.

Now it's back to orb hoarding.
lol why were you pulling on green color in the first place? that's ur fault!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Scrounged up some orbs from Blessed Gardens for a couple more pulls and got a Naga. I think this was definitely my most successful legendary banner.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Did my free pull today and finally got the memestress herself, Mist. Now I can finally join the club!

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple AR defense maps is what we've needed all along. Thank goodness. Now I actually feel more like taking the mode seriously.

And HM ceiling is going up!! Feathers, ahoy!!!

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
I just uninstalled this game yesterday after dumping over 230 orbs into the legendary banner and getting essentially nothing. Will this new mode lure me back? Probably not?

Why am I still coming into this thread anyway?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Hooker sieges are dumb. I guess they'll be replacing Grand Conquest?
Boring Feh Channel. I expected more.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Ayra. She's been confirmed to come back on another banner, and 4% three person banner to boot. She is the last jugdral unit I need. Soon, the long journey will be over.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least we can mix up the music finally. Still trying to figure out if Gamefreak rips off IS or the other way around.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They can't replace Grand Conquests, you guys just recently told me how to complete them better!

Cool FEH Channel overall. Rokkr Sieges look pretty neat. You'd think that you would just want to bring in a bunch of blue units to surround Mareeta in that example, but I guess that's why they put the enemy spawns in there. Being able to use L!Alm and L!Roy here for more stuff will be very useful.

Also, I kinda want to dump the rest of my orbs on 4% Hector odds now. He showed up twice in the weekly schedule.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For a Feh Channel that dropped with no warning, it was pretty good. New mode looks intriguing, and those banners with a 4% summon rate could make it tricky to save orbs for legendary reruns.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Extrememly weak Feh Channel (a bajillion free summons aside.) If IS don't use Rokkr battles to introduce boss fights against the various giant bosses of the series, what is even the point? Fighting dark giant versions of existing characters is the most boring way to go about raid battles.

Did they seriously just commodify the sound test?

Hahaha, I love FE music but even I thought that was ridiculous. Honestly the best part of this is that we can finally get more official names for some of the older tracks. Too bad they didn't take the opportunity to rename some of Awakening's OST names. I never liked the "lines of diaogue as track names" naming convention.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yo Feh Channel out of nowhere. Or should we call it ... FE3H Channel? ^^

Gotta take some time and watch it now.

E:

Ah ... IS is tinkering with the AR maps again ...

Also, yay Deirdre! Only the mustache to beat now. ^^

E:

Sooo ...

The sound test is the cutest shit i'm going to see today. Indifferent to unlocking the songs, at least it's not with orbs. Going to put the intro music EVERYWHERE. And if i can finally change the NES doodling on the trainings maps, i'll pray many thanks to Naga.

Swappable maps for AR def, thank.fucking.god. QoL improvement ahoy!

Weekly banners with only 3 focus heroes, higher appearance rate for them AND less appearance rate for non-focus? Yes, thank you. Going to watch the weeks with Julia and Nephenee.

Dynamax FEH ... okay. I'll call it Kaijurize Mode. And yes, if this mode doesn't introduce battles against the big FE bosses, then IS failed. But YEEEEES, finally a raid mode.

Does that big Eirika in the Feh Channel have a new sword?

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
- Concert Hall: Neat, depending on the musical choice I may just edit some themes. FE has really great music.

- AR Changes: I may actually change my defense now, because I am too lazy to change that. I haven't touched it in forever. But yeah, this is a nice addition.

- HM Increase: Sure, why not. Means my core units can get 1k more feathers, I barely use others outside of leveling or some specific events anyway, so I have more than enough HM to get from sources.

- Weekly summoning events: Yeah, sure, I take that.

- Rokkr Sieges: Could be interesting, I doubt it though. But yeah, if this means it rotates with voting Gauntlet and Grand Conquest why not? More variation is always good.

Since playing Dragalia I really dropped off here. I still play the game for the story and daily/weekly/monthly stuff, but I don't even try to be good in arena or AR (I really hate this mode) or anywhere else. I still have the most fun with the story but it takes so long to get one new chapter. :(

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, great update coming up! It's like they read my mind. Honestly, just yesterday I thought that it would be nice to have banners with the old 5* exclusive heroes on it. I didn't think I'd get a chance to get my Amelia and Genny to +10 otherwise. Also not too long ago I wondered if they were ever going to change things up with the menu music or opening screen.

Rokkr sieges look fun too. Maybe they'll alternate with Grand Conquests?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, great update coming up! It's like they read my mind. Honestly, just yesterday I thought that it would be nice to have banners with the old 5* exclusive heroes on it. I didn't think I'd get a chance to get my Amelia and Genny to +10 otherwise. Also not too long ago I wondered if they were ever going to change things up with the menu music or opening screen.

Rokkr sieges look fun too. Maybe they'll alternate with Grand Conquests?

They have to alternate between them, if this mode would replace GC, moreso without IS saying that prior to the new modes' release, they would have a nice and steady shitstorm at their butts.

It's dragging, yes, but GC still has a nice amount of orb as rewards.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think i'll swap to that one desert AR map after the update. I mostly use full or nearly full flier teams for AR def, so with the nerf to Abandoned Castle, might as well switch to a map better suited to my teams.

I kind of wish there was a no-bullshit sound test, but at least now we'll have something to spend R&R Affinity on.

Does this imply that you are a ... evil ... person who hasn't bought the little plushies and rubber duckies for the little heroes in you resort? ;_;

^^

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I, for one, look forward to not pulling a single 5* from that list of the heroes for the next 20 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.