• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So after watching the FEH Channel last night.

Nice that the max HM is now 6K, but it's as if IS doesn't want me to fodder Takumi or Leo just yet lol!

The addition of new music is good to hear and that you can customize music in certain modes.

And that Dynamax mode looks lit as fuck!

And weekly focus banners are nice though I have no hopes to get any of them lol!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the new raid mode is replacing grand conquests. It'll just be another even that occurs at some time once a month. They probably won't run simultaneously but I imagine we'll get them both every month anyway.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the FEH Channel, the new stuff all seemed cool and there was no BS/greedy thing to complain about, except for maybe the music hall but that's so minor that idc.

I've given up on the idea of ever getting an alternative way to get tier 4 skills or anything of the sort.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
3 person 4% banners are great for fodder, in fact it might be better than the hero fests

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Shame there's not that much good fodder left on Book 1. I can think of DC, CC, Steady Breath, Wrath and Swift Sparrow only (which is still pretty good).

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shame there's not that much good fodder left on Book 1. I can think of DC, CC, Steady Breath, Wrath and Swift Sparrow only (which is still pretty good).
SwSp isnt worth it with how many new units come with it with a good secondary fodder
DC and CC are still very limited so are good pulls and Bike still is the only source of breath skill that isnt a legendary unit

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
SwSp isnt worth it with how many new units come with it with a good secondary fodder
DC and CC are still very limited so are good pulls and Bike still is the only source of breath skill that isnt a legendary unit
Hardin has Warding Breath, too. Only Fierce Breath is legendary locked.
IS, Swift Breath when?

Edit: Sorry, I got confused =/

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Some I see:
- wrathful staff / genny
- wrath / Nephenee
- DC / Hector
- steady break / bike
- CC / taco man
- firesweep / faye
- armor March / Amelia
- flashing blade 3 / mia (FB3 in A is useful for galeforce comps in AR if someone else used the seal or QP is necessary)
- shield pulse / saber

Also ymmv on swift sparrow 2 / Blyn, infantry pulse / dorcas, and flier formation / Elincia which are grail options too.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Bartre has received 5 multipliers in a row. I wonder if I'll ever get a chance to spend my flags.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'm just surprised that Bartre made it that far. Considering he managed to outpace Pent and Sigurd, makes you imagine him as a dark horse victor.

And Naga has done me wonders in AR. Fallen Delthea can pummel dem armored dragons no problemo, thanks to Divine Fang.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
So, is a Vantage tank the only real way to take down L!Alm shenanigans in AR?
Nah, but that's a pretty good way, as long as he doesn't have Hardy Bearing. Any decently bulky unit with high Atk (or a Raventome user) can bait him too, usually his Def/Res are crap enough that with about 65+ Atk you can counter kill him.

He's definitely one of the hardest things to go against, but there's a silver lining about facing his bow; if he has a Rally or other Assist skill and can take a shot, he'll always take the shot since he's practically ensured to do at least 5 damage (pre-specials and damage reduction). This means if you're in position to bait him safely, you never have to worry about him running off to Rally someone else, get danced, and then attack with full buffs (or run past your tank), which is a common issue when trying to bait Ophelia or a dancer.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I missed the one Deidre bonus a couple hours ago by a couple of minutes.

My Voting Gauntlet dreams are over. I shall waste away in 3x obscurity tomorrow. :(

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, but that's a pretty good way, as long as he doesn't have Hardy Bearing. Any decently bulky unit with high Atk (or a Raventome user) can bait him too, usually his Def/Res are crap enough that with about 65+ Atk you can counter kill him.

He's definitely one of the hardest things to go against, but there's a silver lining about facing his bow; if he has a Rally or other Assist skill and can take a shot, he'll always take the shot since he's practically ensured to do at least 5 damage (pre-specials and damage reduction). This means if you're in position to bait him safely, you never have to worry about him running off to Rally someone else, get danced, and then attack with full buffs (or run past your tank), which is a common issue when trying to bait Ophelia or a dancer.
His def is one of the highest for ranged, his res that is crap

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, is a Vantage tank the only real way to take down L!Alm shenanigans in AR?
No. Omegatank that go for the one shot can *provided* he hasn't precharged Luna. Galeforce strategies work too, and I feel IP comps are weak to galeforce units with slaying weapons.

Vantage can work, but a single hardy bearing user or wrazzle dazzle/firesweep healer can shut it down, and most Alm comps prepare for that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks.
No. Omegatank that go for the one shot can *provided* he hasn't precharged Luna. Galeforce strategies work too, and I feel IP comps are weak to galeforce units with slaying weapons.

Vantage can work, but a single hardy bearing user or wrazzle dazzle/firesweep healer can shut it down, and most Alm comps prepare for that.
I thought of Vantage because I ran into a team that had two Alms and I had no idea what to do. I also have the problem that my omega tank is a dragon, which is in the process of being rendered useless.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
A typical Blyn counter will unlikely be unable to handle Alm. My EP Jamke laughs at Brave Lyn; he will die to Alm. Null Follow Up means bowbreaker doesn't work, and raventomes aren't good outside of sniping because he'll likely overlap (that said, with the triple map nerf, sniping will probably happen quite a bit next week).

There's exactly two ways to enemy phase Alm:
  • You one shot him--his bulk is usually around 60 to 70, but that goes up to 75 to 85 with bonus stats. Not impossible, but... hard.
    • For AR, you can reduce his bulk through bolt tower (O), which is something important to consider. I think people are expecting the "Lost Castle" (i.e. desert one) to be the new meta map, in which case Alm will likely hang out in the upper right corner, instead of upper left like on "Abandoned Castle."
  • You naturally double him (i.e. through a speed check). With bonus stats in AR and darting blow 4, this means 55 to 60 speed.
    • With "Sturdy Impact" Alm shuts down this aveue. Sturdy Impact isn't common becasue Tibarn hasn't been rerun, but it's so obviously Alm's optimal skill that you might need to prepare to see it.
My Arvis (S support, +10 merges, and Fury 4 because I'm a biased boy), with Kaden support has, become my Alm checking during light. I'm just hoping the map nerfs means a new "meta map" hasn't been solidifed yet and my galeforce squad can handle his astra bonus week.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
A +0 neutral Alm with Flashing Blade, AR bonus, and Luna just barely beats a +Def +0 Sophia with TA3 and her prf. That is a very specific case but it can be done with minimal investment. Of course that doesn't account for the WoM dancers coming in afterwards to clean up your team.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Awakening kids so I'm pretty happy. I'm glad Brady is finally in the game, plus they're giving us Cynthia of all characters.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
So, Barrier Lance+ is the same as Berkut's Lance+, right?
Can they just give Berkut a real personal weapon now?
Damn, Infantry Breath is nasty.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Pretty interesting line up. An AR skill, a lance like Berkut's Lance and bonus doubler now on the permanent summoning pool.

Lol at Infantry Breath!

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Yarne and Brady are cool, but I don't need them ASAP, (and Brady will probably demote) so I can skip this banner and save for swimsuit hunks. 👍

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Yarne is in the game! Only a matter of time until his sister Morgan shows up now.

Not going to spend on this banner, but Infantry Breath looks like an awesome skill. And Yarne getting Desperation Special Spiral built into his weapon is pretty neat.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, characters I recognize! I'm still trying to save for legendary reruns, but I may take a crack at getting one of these. Hope it doesn't nearly drive me mad like the fallen banner did.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If Brady drops that'll put Infantry Rush and a Push skill in the 4* pool. I think they'll keep IR at 5*. Kjelle only has 4 skills but they aren't dropping an AR skill and Bold Fighter.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Decent banner. Not really compelled to spend orbs but very happy Brady and Cynthia are finally in. Yarne is cool too. Don't really care for Nah or Kjelle though. Poor Laurent - he's the only Awakening kid not in tthe game now lmao.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would put Laurent in FEH. I used him a ton as a Dark Knight in my last Awakening run, ended up being my best child unit.

Forgot this banner is Forging Bonds. Hopefully can snipe one of the units with the tickets.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
YES FINALLY KJELLE. I'm like one of like three people in the world who care about her, so I'm glad she's finally being added. Just give me Rinkah now.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
And weekly focus banners started.

Managed to net my first Linde. Terrible IVs in DEF+/SPD- though.

I think it's ironic how terrible my haul was with the last mythic banner, yet I was lucky enough to have gotten B!Fjorm, a free 5* Nanna and now this.

Yeesh I could imagine in Kjelle would end up getting demoted (which I don't see likely due to the skills she has). Only because I had just foddered off a B!Hector for BF lol.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Plot twist: All female swimsuits incoming.

That should be almost all of the Awakening children.

Just Severa and Laurent left.
wait I can't remember the stories well enough anymore, but I thought Severa is literally the same person as Selena??

as for Laurent, I can totally see why he's the last one... because he's got to be the most boring/bland character in Awakening, lol

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
wait I can't remember the stories well enough anymore, but I thought Severa is literally the same person as Selena??

as for Laurent, I can totally see why he's the last one... because he's got to be the most boring/bland character in Awakening, lol

It's... complicated.

Inasmuch as the story lore is concerned, yes, the awakening children Inigo, Severa, and Owain are the fates retainers Laslow, Selena, and Odin respectively.

However, because Owain appeared on farfetched heroes, it means inasmuch as FEH is concerned, Owain and Odin are separate characters.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's... complicated.

Inasmuch as the story lore is concerned, yes, the awakening children Inigo, Severa, and Owain are the fates retainers Laslow, Selena, and Odin respectively.

However, because Owain appeared on farfetched heroes, it means inasmuch as FEH is concerned, Owain and Odin are separate characters.
ok right that's what I thought, it was also Inigo and Owain too

I just consider Odin and Laslow as alt chars

Status
Not open for further replies.