• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, got Nah from one of the tickets. I'll probably fodder her bonus doubler to a DC unit, I'm just not quite sure which one yet.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Best user of Atk/Spd solo + Galeforce? I don't have horse Ephraim, unfortunately. I'm thinking Panne.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
THANK NAGA FOR THIS UPDATE.

I've waited soooooooooo long to be able to change that home screen music. It was great at first but time has really taken its toll and now I hate it. That freaking track is incidentally probably my most listened-to piece of music in my entire life just by nature of it being unavoidable for the past 2+ years of playing, and my refusal to mute/unmute the game every time I go into and out of battles and other modes. It was loooooooooong overdue.

Now we just need them to address a far less pressing issue: Those measly 15 daily hero feathers that have remained unchanged since launch. lol

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Best user of Atk/Spd solo + Galeforce? I don't have horse Ephraim, unfortunately. I'm thinking Panne.

Eliwood and Brave Roy have Heavy Blade built into their weapons so enjoy the extra boosts from Atk/Spd solo. B!Roy already has Galeforce though lol.

Catria with her Prf refine in a flying team with it is almost guaranteed a quad so can trigger Galeforce easier than most. Goad Fliers support makes it even more likely. She's a damn monster.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Eliwood and Brave Roy have Heavy Blade built into their weapons so enjoy the extra boosts from Atk/Spd solo. B!Roy already has Galeforce though lol.

Catria with her Prf refine in a flying team with it is almost guaranteed a quad so can trigger Galeforce easier than most. Goad Fliers support makes it even more likely. She's a damn monster.
I do have a Catria+4 with her refine and Galeforce but I was thinking giving her Sturdy Impact eventually.
My Brave Roy has terrible IVs. I'll have to check if I still have a good Eliwood or if all are manuals.
Thanks!

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
The new event calendar signalling the beginning of the summer lull has made me realise I will likely be over 1000 orbs for the first time once the Brave Heroes roll around. Watch me still fail to land all four of them without serious orb investment...

THANK NAGA FOR THIS UPDATE.

I've waited soooooooooo long to be able to change that home screen music. It was great at first but time has really taken its toll and now I hate it. That freaking track is incidentally probably my most listened-to piece of music in my entire life just by nature of it being unavoidable for the past 2+ years of playing, and my refusal to mute/unmute the game every time I go into and out of battles and other modes. It was loooooooooong overdue.

Now we just need them to address a far less pressing issue: Those measly 15 daily hero feathers that have remained unchanged since launch. lol

I actually hope they include the Smash remix eventually for use in the home screen. But I am happy for the choice to use a different track for those who do get tired of listening to same track over and over.

Oct 25, 2017
Changed my home screen song as well, maybe I'll change it back someday but that day is not today.

Got a Nah on my free roll too! (+SPD/-RES)
Of course my friend had to one-up me by getting a B.Ephraim and a Yarne with only 9 orbs spent.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
After "only" getting a 5* Lene and Swordhardt in ~110 orbs ... i have to say that i will hate you guys for the rest of the day. ;_;

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
The new event calendar signalling the beginning of the summer lull has made me realise I will likely be over 1000 orbs for the first time once the Brave Heroes roll around. Watch me still fail to land all four of them without serious orb investment...
Me, too. I won't be wasting orbs on summer seasonals and I have 770+ orbs right now. Although, I want to try to get a couple of Hectors from his revival banner.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For me, it was Fjorm. So much utility.

And i'm surprised that Tharja collector no. 1 would pass on a summer alt for her. ^^

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
For me, it was Fjorm. So much utility.

And i'm surprised that Tharja collector no. 1 would pass on a summer alt for her. ^^
I can't spend too many orbs until there is another Surtr banner. I only need 4 more.
The same for Halloween Myrrh. I'll need at least 500 orbs by October when they rerun her banner.
It's frustrating that I still don't have a +10 5* exclusive hero.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can't spend too many orbs until there is another Surtr banner. I only need 4 more.
The same for Halloween Myrrh. I'll need at least 500 orbs by October when they rerun her banner.
It's frustrating that I still don't have a +10 5* exclusive hero.
I only have Gunnthra and that's playing from launch

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I only have Gunnthra and that's playing from launch
I only got one Gunnthra on her debut banner and I've never seen her again since. It'd be nice to fix the -SPD bane of mine.

Don't you have a +10 Tharmor?
Nope. Never got her even once. I tried on her debut banner but there wasn't any luck.
I like Tharja but I only have the regular one and the bride without merges. I don't really need more red heroes now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, okay, then i got that mixed up. But why would i think this? Is/was there a player on here with a highly merged Tharmor?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I whaled for both Tharja alts at +10. Depending on whether she's on the June or July summer banner, I'll probably do it again, but I won't be in a position to buy as many orbs in June so I might end up having to settle for as many merges as I can get.

That's assuming she even gets a summer alt, I've only assumed it because they've been working their way through the Awakening/Fates summer alts reliably for the two years prior. Maybe she'll end up as a Halloween alt instead.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Tbh, I don't know if I'll ever get a 5 * + 10 exclusive. If the weekly revival banners rotate, I'd probably try for Sigurd, but there's too many units who appear after Sigurd that take priority.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I even have a 5* exclusive at +3 lol. I don't really care about that though, I'm more interested in playing for the new characters who get added. Good art and voice acting is always nice of course.

Also managed to snag a Brady on a ticket round. He's easily my favourite of the four on this banner so very happy about that.

TaurosPuff

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a Brady with one of my summon tickets! I totally forgot forging bonds come with them and finally got around to getting them all. Also I got pity broke by a Loki and already have a +atk, -def one. Is it worth removing her bane or should I just fodder her off?

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I pulled a Brady with one of my summon tickets! I totally forgot forging bonds come with them and finally got around to getting them all. Also I got pity broke by a Loki and already have a +atk, -def one. Is it worth removing her bane or should I just fodder her off?

Her defence is pretty bad regardless, even if it's a super bane it's not really worth patching. Her skills are worth a lot more, an Atk Wave will go on lots of people nicely and C Infantry Duel is only on her I guess?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Deathea has even attack wave so unless you have a good reason for odd attack wave (say to complement Nino'a refine) I feel she's better off saved for C Duel infantry for a good colorless merge project.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of +10 5*, I recently completed her.

Screenshot_20190613-225049.png

After saving over 1,000 orbs for L'Ephraim, I got 9 of her during the legendary banner couple months ago. I recently got enough copies to +10 her. Having a dancer makes my life way easier in arena.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have no 5* exclusive characters but I recently finished my first 5+10 Grail unit, W!Cecilia. I use the build below a lot to auto-battle Tempest Trials and other modes, but switch to her DD4 build for enemy phasing Aether Raids.

bEj1NiOl.png
I kinda want to build a Seliph next after seeing how KefkaFFVI uses him on AR defense. It's fun throwing random units at Seliph on occasion to see how much damage they do. The problem with him is that a lot of his best sets seem to be very expensive to build.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My experience with Seliph has told me he really *really* wants Distant Counter, and for AR defense, a Tyrfing refine. Seliph becomes too easy to snipe if he can't retaliate; he's otherwise pretty flexible though beyond needing 200 dew for a tyrfing refine.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, hopefully I'll get some DC fodder during the re-runs to give one to Seliph. I had refined Tyrfing already just to play around with it, but the results were a lot like just using Sigurd without DC.

I feel like I've checked off the box for "tanky enemy phase armor" so am looking for quirky units to play around with. There aren't many more quirky units than Seliph.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
"Tanky enemy phase armor" trembles in fear of "red dancer with birdie". ^^

Or just make some Pain+ / Savage Blow healers. Though i wouldn't call them healers with all the pain they dish out.

But yeah, the sheer amount of armors i'm still facing is really making me consider building some of the "lesser" units. Just started an Oboro project, weapon effective against armor and built-in Close Def. Maybe i'm even going to build a Bartre. ^^

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Tanky enemy phase armor" trembles in fear of "red dancer with birdie". ^^

Or just make some Pain+ / Savage Blow healers. Though i wouldn't call them healers with all the pain they dish out.

But yeah, the sheer amount of armors i'm still facing is really making me consider building some of the "lesser" units. Just started an Oboro project, weapon effective against armor and built-in Close Def. Maybe i'm even going to build a Bartre. ^^

Heh, the sheer amount of Resistance that W!Cecilia stacks on enemy phase in AR means sometimes she tanks Micaiahs too. It helps that Micaiah is so dang slow. But yeah, there are a lot of inherited armor-slaying weapons (and a certain legendary archer) that kick her around quite a bit.

Would be curious to see how the Oboro project turns out. She seems like the kind of unit that get some interesting builds and matchups.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, the sheer amount of Resistance that W!Cecilia stacks on enemy phase in AR means sometimes she tanks Micaiahs too. It helps that Micaiah is so dang slow. But yeah, there are a lot of inherited armor-slaying weapons (and a certain legendary archer) that kick her around quite a bit.

Would be curious to see how the Oboro project turns out. She seems like the kind of unit that get some interesting builds and matchups.

Oboro's best trait, next to her weapon, is that she rocks solid mixed def and might be a great use against the tidal wave of armor dragons. At +10, no support or Dragonflowers, she has 39 Def / 32 Res with a boon. You can rock three times Close Def on her, weapon effect, A-skill, seal ... this would result in 57 Def / 50 Res when the enemy initiates. ^^

Personally, i'm undecided to give her Warding/Steady Breath, the stance skill that affects Def and Res or wait for the inevitable Close Def 4 with built in Dull or Guard effect. ^^

For a pure physical wall, there's Lukas.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Tbh, I think for anti-armor you're better off looking for a PP character. Est with fliers or null follow up Hana is probably going to do more *consistent* work than Oboro.

Bold fighter is why. Although most armor comps use wary fighter, smarter teams use bold fighter (especially on ranged armors) and the special will almost surely orko unless you use guard or go for the one shot, which might be difficult with ward stacking. If your go to solution is to EP with Oboro, then you may not have a plan for comps that opt for bold fighter.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, she's only at +3 and unbuilt outside of the refinement, so it's not that i field her already. And Bold Fighter / special spamming is exactly the reason why i'm even having the thought of waiting for CD 4. But she's not planned for taking on ranged armors, else i would try for DC for a build.

As long as Santa Cecilia doesn't have support from an Aversa that debuffs due to bad positioning by me, or stat bonus from the AR fortress level difference, she's mostly handled by my Ophelia still.

Also, outside of maybe a Santa Eirika once in a while, she's not too common and actually the only ranged armor i see.

Now those Tikis and Myrrhs ... regulars. Really.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
A non-DC Seliph can still surprise. If a team can't finish him off on their turn (due to traps), then he becomes a walking Vengeance beast with WoM units swooping in.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well don't know how much this was worth it but I literally spent over 100 orbs just to get Celica. With a rather terrible HP+/SPD- nature. Better than nothing I suppose; after all there is her refine combined with the Brazen ATK/SPD sacred seal.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well don't know how much this was worth it but I literally spent over 100 orbs just to get Celica. With a rather terrible HP+/SPD- nature. Better than nothing I suppose; after all there is her refine combined with the Brazen ATK/SPD sacred seal.

I feel you. I pulled sword Reinhardt for the first time on the new 4 percent banner; he's +HP/-Attack. I'll still use him because pulling a 5-star unit seems to be a small miracle at times, but it was a bit deflating, I won't lie.

EDIT: Man, just minutes after writing this, I was pitybroken by Selkie in the Future Past banner: +Speed/-Attack. Probably still useful, but I must be summoning with a monkey's paw lately.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
It took me a bit more than 200 orbs but I got what I wanted out of the weekly banner; a +ATK -RES Celica to fix my +RES +2 one, and FINALLY I got a Genny. She's +DEF -RES but at least I got another shot at getting a better IV in a latter weekly banner.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I feel you. I pulled sword Reinhardt for the first time on the new 4 percent banner; he's +HP/-Attack. I'll still use him because pulling a 5-star unit seems to be a small miracle at times, but it was a bit deflating, I won't lie.

EDIT: Man, just minutes after writing this, I was pitybroken by Selkie in the Future Past banner: +Speed/-Attack. Probably still useful, but I must be summoning with a monkey's paw lately.

I have a -atk/+res Selkie and tbh, she gets by okay regardless. Her base kit is pretty solid and she's easy to get buffs on. Her weapon skills help make up some of the attack loss, especially when transformed.

Double new banner was nice. Got an off banner Elincia on the weekly one which was good, as I was wanting her from the other one anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.