• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Another 17 orbs dumped got me another L!Eliwood (SPD+/RES-), though will just merged him into my first one to negate the HP bane.

And not certain about recommending SF on Arden. I mean sure he has a brave sword, but if he didn't have such slow speed he would have given off four hits. Usually that skill is recommended for armor units with naturally high speed or units that have skills that guarantee follow-ups. The latter case being B!Ephraim with his Garm.

Though I doesn't hurt to do a bit of experimenting.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did some fishing for DC fodder today. 120 orbs got me 2 Hectors and a Brave Lyn. Solid results. I wanted to get Lavatein setup for her DC-Vantage build, the other will probably go to Seliph as a new project. I still have an extra Nailah kicking around but have been waiting for the right infantry unit that could use C-Null Disrupt.

With 100 orbs left and CYL3 coming up in mid-to-late August, it's probably time to save up and try to spend minimally on the upcoming New Heroes and legendary banners. Would like to have 300-400 orbs ready for CYL3.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Another 17 orbs dumped got me another L!Eliwood (SPD+/RES-), though will just merged him into my first one to negate the HP bane.

And not certain about recommending SF on Arden. I mean sure he has a brave sword, but if he didn't have such slow speed he would have given off four hits. Usually that skill is recommended for armor units with naturally high speed or units that have skills that guarantee follow-ups. The latter case being B!Ephraim with his Garm.

Though I doesn't hurt to do a bit of experimenting.

Special Fighter on Arden would be used mostly for its guard effect; like for PvE maps where he needs to create a chokepoint. He doesn't use brave sword; I got pitybroken by Lene thrice and one of them went to Arden for safeguard+.

If I ever do invest in Arden as a supertank (big if, given his terrible resistance), special fighter is useful with QR3 or one-shotting in AR for special acceleration on foe's attacks. He can get instant noontimes, etc. The skill set there would probably be barrier blade+ (+res)/DC/Special Fighter/Attack Smoke/(QR3 or Fierce Stance).

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
^I see now.

And speaking of Genealogy characters, good old PM1 managed to complete L!Eliwood's Abyssal map and Ethlyn of all characters turned out to be the key to acing it!

Solution at the 17:34 mark. He literally spent hours figuring that out!

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
^I see now.

And speaking of Genealogy characters, good old PM1 managed to complete L!Eliwood's Abyssal map and Ethlyn of all characters turned out to be the key to acing it!

Solution at the 17:34 mark. He literally spent hours figuring that out!

I tried to follow a similar strategy using Chill Attack and Panic+, but always got out maneuvered. Finally just gave up an followed this strategy. Thanks PM1!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
There would be so much uncleared content in my game if PM1 wasn't around. ^^

Ok, mostly Abyssal LHB and that Relay Defense stuff, back when it was still around. And the Tactics Drill maps, Grandmaster ones. I have a rule: Try it 10 times - if you failed that much, go and check PM1's solution.

VG, joined team Mia. Tibarn is the obvious winner, so i'll try to get some score for good feather rewards before Mia loses and i'm rejoining team Tibarn.

So, Three Houses month, you're ready for fresh meat joining FEH?

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
I've faced Yarne in AR. Overlooked him having Galeforce and Escape Route. With Legzura he destroyed my team in two turns (having two cav units didn't help).
Guess he beats Tibarn in "the most unexpected enemy unit that effs everything up" for me now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've faced Yarne in AR. Overlooked him having Galeforce and Escape Route. With Legzura he destroyed my team in two turns (having two cav units didn't help).
Guess he beats Tibarn in "the most unexpected enemy unit that effs everything up" for me now.

Guess many people don't remember/know/read about his weapons effect once he's under 76% health. Though i'm not sure if this means a one time only cooldown reduction or if it happens everytime after battle when he's under 76% health.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Guess many people don't remember/know/read about his weapons effect once he's under 76% health. Though i'm not sure if this means a one time only cooldown reduction or if it happens everytime after battle when he's under 76% health.

Just did a quick check there, and it's triggered each time after combat as long as he's under the HP threshold.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the check. Damn this is one heck of an effect. Especially because that HP threshold just wants you to use Desperation.

Attacking twice first and special cooldown reduction in one strike.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I never paid much attention to this unit to begin with, kinda hated him in his original game and was never going to pull for him. Apparently he's a goddamn terror. That's funny.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Dumped another 20 orbs and got another F!Grima. +2 merge now!

So that makes that, 2 L!Eliwoods and a NY!Hríd. Probably better luck than I had last time.

And probably what was never pointed out here I regards to the next update:

Now getting rewards based on AR defense performances and that we can now have up to 999,999 of each of the following in the inventory: dueling crests, stamina potions and light's blessings.

Last edited:

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think I jinxed every single person I backed in the last Voting Gauntlet, so I decided not to go for who I had the most attachment to but instead the person I figure has the best chance of winning. So if Tibarn gets knocked out in the first round, you can all blame me.

New month means a bunch of new quests to clear. The L!Eliwood banner about cleaned me out, so I'm going to stockpile as many orbs as I can by the end of the month for the new legendary/reruns.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Been lurking this thread for a bit lately, but finally wish to partake in it.

I've been playing Heroes for little over a year now, and I'm certainly not the most experienced player as I have very little to show for it mostly because I was a much more passive player, but recently have been getting more into the grind of things (like skill inheriting, crafting and enhancing seals, etc). Might need some advice and second opinions when it comes to the more hardcore and advanced stuff, so bear with me ;)

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm finally hitting AR21! (unless I lose 290 lift in the next 5 minutes - shut up it could happen)
Turning Gunnthra into a Cecilia clone and running into a lot of blue/colorless teams seemed to help a ton.

Welcome to the party. Ask away, we'll usually have an opinion or three.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tibarn is totally going to get his bonus when most of North America is asleep isn't he?

I have a little over 200,000 feathers right now.
An extra Hector for Distant Counter.
+Atk Ares already promoted and, like, 13 books of him sitting around.

I'm going to make the DC-Vantage-Bonfire +10 Ares tomorrow. Legendary Eliwood's kit synergizes with his playstyle well, being able to +12 his Atk/Def by himself. And if I bring Mordecai to Smite him in certain AR maps, Mordecai should theoretically soak the defenses chills/shrines, while Eliwood can soak the offensive chills. Not foolproof or anything but should be able to cleanly beat certain maps I couldn't before. Will have to start looking out for all those Hardy Bearing units.

I've been playing Heroes for little over a year now, and I'm certainly not the most experienced player as I have very little to show for it mostly because I was a much more passive player, but recently have been getting more into the grind of things (like skill inheriting, crafting and enhancing seals, etc). Might need some advice and second opinions when it comes to the more hardcore and advanced stuff, so bear with me ;)

Welcome! There are a lot of smart folks here who are good at bouncing ideas off of.

Also, congrats, HotsauceDragon, good luck in Tier 21! Those green Raventomes are so fun, how they 1-turn those Lynhardt setups and stuff. AR defense teams kinda sleep on Raventomes sometimes.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

Welcome as well. Feel free to ask for some tips here.

And it's always on the last hours of AR where I bungle on my AR offenses! And that's in spite of just having 3 unsuccessful defenses and losing only 140 lift. Still stuck on tier 19 lol.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I suppose my first question would be how do you guys form teams? Does it depend on the map, or do you just power through with a super team?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
z4yA3j5.png

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
HA! Three Houses at the end of this month, confirmed!

But i'm not sure if he is free for everyone, but owners of Three Houses have the option of buying him for 2020 gold points.
The latter would suck HARD as i just spent my gold points on Collection of Mana as i'm decked out on Nintendo's online sub until late 2020, thanks Amazon and Twitch Prime.

E: Wait.

I'm confused. Do i have to earn some gold points until June 29th 2020? Or is it 2020 gold points until June 29th? The english promo description says the first, german translation is again bad to read and could mean anything.

Jesus.Effin.Christ. Only Nintendo can spark confusion over a promo by writing them overly stupid. Get some help in this case Nintendo, honestly.

E2: Looks like it's the first situation, own Three Houses, earn just some gold points (just buy Kamiko, cheap and fun for the price for example) and voila, neutral Bymale is yours.

Last edited:

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
HA! Three Houses at the end of this month, confirmed!

But i'm not sure if he is free for everyone, but owners of Three Houses have the option of buying him for 2020 gold points.
The latter would suck HARD as i just spent my gold points on Collection of Mana as i'm decked out on Nintendo's online sub until late 2020, thanks Amazon and Twitch Prime.

E: Wait.

I'm confused. Do i have to earn some gold points until June 29th 2020? Or is it 2020 gold points until June 29th? The english promo description says the first, german translation is again bad to read and could mean anything.

Jesus.Effin.Christ. Only Nintendo can spark confusion over a promo by writing them overly stupid. Get some help in this case Nintendo, honestly.

E2: Looks like it's the first situation, own Three Houses, earn just some gold points (just buy Kamiko, cheap and fun for the price for example) and voila, neutral Bymale is yours.
I think you're making this more complicated than it is, since you're getting gold points for buying Three Houses anyway.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think you're making this more complicated than it is, since you're getting gold points for buying Three Houses anyway.

Don't blame me. ^^ If the german promo description wasn't written by someone who's working on political statements in their free time, maybe i wouldn't have been so confused. ^^

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, by earn gold points they definitely meant the ones you get when you register three houses to your Nintendo account (happens by default for download versions, need to actively claim them with a card version).

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Interesting promo. Don't think I'll buy Three Houses anytime soon, but still pretty smart on Nintendo's part. Can't wait to see how the other characters are portrayed here.

Crossing my fingers Female Byleth is a GHB unit!

Oct 25, 2017
So they're pulling a Kaze and putting MByleth in the summoning pool without an initial focus. I can dig it. Wonder if he'll be demoted as well?
I suppose my first question would be how do you guys form teams? Does it depend on the map, or do you just power through with a super team?
I've got a standard team for the more difficult content (Grand/Legendary/Mythic Hero Battles) which gets me through Lunatic, and often Infernal without too much tweaking. After that all bets are off and the standard team won't cut it. There are a bunch of strats online, not to mention specific cheese teams like Celica + 3 dancers.

I've also got separate teams for arena & allegiance battles, and one to clear story content for the orb quests.

On the flipside, my friend who plays super casually just uses the same team and autobattles everything. Gets stomped on all the harder content, but it doesn't bother them.

Tibarn is totally going to get his bonus when most of North America is asleep isn't he?

Also, congrats, HotsauceDragon, good luck in Tier 21! Those green Raventomes are so fun, how they 1-turn those Lynhardt setups and stuff. AR defense teams kinda sleep on Raventomes sometimes.
Thanks! Being able to oneshot Ophelia really helps too.
And it looks like Tibarn's going to get his bonus sometime in the next couple of hours, unless it hits Same again like it did in the last hour.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
So they're pulling a Kaze and putting MByleth in the summoning pool without an initial focus. I can dig it. Wonder if he'll be demoted as well?
It reads to me like there will be a Three Houses focus at the end of July and Byleth will be a focus unit along with the three house leads.
I don't think they would just add him as an off focus pity breaker.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a standard team for the more difficult content (Grand/Legendary/Mythic Hero Battles) which gets me through Lunatic, and often Infernal without too much tweaking. After that all bets are off and the standard team won't cut it. There are a bunch of strats online, not to mention specific cheese teams like Celica + 3 dancers.

I've also got separate teams for arena & allegiance battles, and one to clear story content for the orb quests.

On the flipside, my friend who plays super casually just uses the same team and autobattles everything. Gets stomped on all the harder content, but it doesn't bother them.
Yeah some of those battles are really tough. Reinforcements, 40+ enemies, mixed with "need 4 survivors to win" can be excruciating. Might need to look up some of these cheese teams to see if I can even do them with the characters I have lol.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
For most PvE content, like hero battles, I tend to counterpick. There's a core of about 30 units who I put a lot of investment into (although maybe like half of those get premium skills), and I get used to what roles they perform and I look at the map to see if that role is useful. Lots of glass cannons? Ares works well. Special abuse? Nanna with witchy wand and Seliph/Quan with steady stance 4 to deny charging. Wrazzle dazzle and firesweep heroes? Seliph with null C Disrupt. But there isn't a static team I use once inflated stats are a thing.

That said, I haven't been able to do abyssals yet, but mostly because I'm never doing Celica/Ophelia like cheese.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah some of those battles are really tough. Reinforcements, 40+ enemies, mixed with "need 4 survivors to win" can be excruciating. Might need to look up some of these cheese teams to see if I can even do them with the characters I have lol.
If you really like a character, you can invest on him/her. Even weak units can be monsters with enough investiment. The way I see is, if you can play with a team - and you like playing with it, the same team probably can beat high end content as well.

Also, although 5* exclusive units are usually stronger, there are quite a few 3/4* units who are really powerful. My strongest unit is Nino, most of my Abyssal clears use her, and she is a 3*/4* unit.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
With enough investment you can use your favorites for those maps. I've managed to clear every Abyssal map using only Sacred Stones heroes, since those are my favorite.

It's tough sometimes, but still possible!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
A good fast desperation mage + 3 dancers can wipe out basically all of the PVE maps with ease. Original Celica is the best at this, but the likes of OG Nino and OG Tharja are also perfectly viable with a little more effort. Having L!Azura helps a lot as well.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all so much for the advice and pointers! I def should be more practical and check the maps (if possible) then form a team to counterpick what the enemies have. Tend to get fixated on the idea of using my "best" team for everything and I suppose in some areas, that's not always going to cut it.

Oddly enough, someone recently told me "there's nothing wrong with using favored characters over others since with proper investment, anyone can carry weight". Guess they were telling the truth haha.

Also never knew it would even be possible to use 3/4* characters to take on the higher difficulties! Guess it's time I invest in Nino lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I feel people really underestimate the 3/4 pool. As I've worked more and more on my faves, my 3/4 projects have become my most reliable members (Ares, Arvis, Finn, Seliph, and Tailtiu in particular). For example, it's rare I use Ishtar when Tailtiu does a lot of the same stuff but just has better stats thanks to merges and Tome of Thoron and Mjolnir aren't that different in practice. Feh is ultimately a game of resource management, few people will push units to their maximum potential and really see what they can do. For example, while my Arvis is very good, I don't expect someone with a simple 5 * Arvis to have the same results.

Whenever new units come out, a good exercise is to ask yourself if you really need that unit: where do you plan to use them, what skills do they need, how much does their best 3/4 analogue compare? It's easy to get caught up in, for example, how Nah is better than Garon/Tiki to not realize that if all you need is a cheap red dragon (say, to balance out a beast team with neasala and reyson), you can honestly just use Garon or Tiki just fine. Feh isn't a hard game most of the time; until you start dealing with inflated stats in PvE or going deep into aether raids, you can get by with good enough units. In short, don't shy away from 3/4 units just because a 5 * exclusive is supposedly better; invest in the good 3/4 characters (like Ares, Aversa, Soliel, Reinhardt, Tailitu, Nino, Cherche, Reyson, or W!Cecilia to name a few) and you'll be surprised what they can do with proper investment.

As for me, I go a little more extrem than most. I think I'm just over the gacha in this game, so I tend to only summon for faves and get by with whatever GHB/TT I have. I'll use the occasional rare non-fave gacha unit, but I like to stick to ghb/tt units as much as possible.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow, Distant Counter Ares is a freak of nature. Ran into 2 different AR teams of ranged nukes and he one-rounded them. I don't get why they don't have Ophelia or L!Alm or someone running Hardy Bearing.

I think I jinxed every single person I backed in the last Voting Gauntlet, so I decided not to go for who I had the most attachment to but instead the person I figure has the best chance of winning. So if Tibarn gets knocked out in the first round, you can all blame me.

*shakes fist*

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
The problem with the 3/4 pool is not that it doesn't have good characters, since it has some of the best units like Reinhardt, the launch dragons, Soleil, etc.

the problem is that once you're done with those and your favorite characters available you have no more use for many of the other characters in the pool, since it doesn't matter that I have enough Oscars or Abel's to +10 at least a couple, I just don't care about them to build them.

But you are right, nowadays I feel like getting a new *5 character without merges is not enough sometimes when a invested unit can do their work much better and getting them to an equal potential is very expensive. Like my unmerged Nailah can't do much better than my Nowi, the only edge is her Null-C disrupt and that I like her enough to not fodder her yet.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The 3/4* pool definitely needs some new units. And I mean brand new.

There's a bunch of characters IntSys might not want to headline a banner that still deserve to be in the game.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A short term solution for the 3*/4* pool would be upgrading the skills of the units in those. Like ... no one uses defiant skills, for example. These were upended so hard by the brazen skills.

Now, i don't mean that they should go and just give Chrom Brazen Atk/Def or something, but i could find some use for an upgrade for his Defiant Def, Brazen Def. Unlike the newer brazen skills it's one stat only, but simply the better threshold makes this skill much more useable.

At least, this would make pulling the usual stuff a bit more useful.

E:

HOLY CRAP! TIBARN LOST???

Omfg, how did that happen. This was my safe bet for winning the VG. ^^

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think a buff they could do for the 3/4 pool is give them upgraded skills at 5*: defiant becomes brazen, spur/seal/rally skills become dual, etc. It makes a 5* pull on a banner not worthless but still locks those better skills behind 20k feathers.

I was on team Barst (thank you friend with a level 40) and thought he might be too close to miss the last hour multiplier but he had just enough to squeak by.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
I wish someone had told me that 3/4* units could be viable before I spent so many feathers on a Lon'qu 😅 But yeah never really considered the possibilities of using 3/4* units as they are, and merging to get them as stacked as possible. Still it makes sense that 5* units aren't always worth the investment, especially in PvE, since they're expensive and getting multiples of them in the first place is incredibly inconsistent. The best I have is a +2 Nowi and though she's incredibly powerful, the thought of needing all those feathers and praying on gacha to even give me a spare Nowi, makes me grit my teeth a bit lol.

Regardless, I'll definitely give investing in a 3/4* unit(s) a shot. Is there a proper way to go about building one, or is it essentially the same as a 5*?

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Well I certainly didn't forsee a Barst vs. Jeorge Semi-final. I guess people are really thirsty for more Archanea banners? Ah well, at least Mia has a better chance of winning the whole thing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.