• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I wish someone had told me that 3/4* units could be viable before I spent so many feathers on a Lon'qu 😅 But yeah never really considered the possibilities of using 3/4* units as they are, and merging to get them as stacked as possible. Still it makes sense that 5* units aren't always worth the investment, especially in PvE, since they're expensive and getting multiples of them in the first place is incredibly inconsistent. The best I have is a +2 Nowi and though she's incredibly powerful, the thought of needing all those feathers and praying on gacha to even give me a spare Nowi, makes me grit my teeth a bit lol.

Regardless, I'll definitely give investing in a 3/4* unit(s) a shot. Is there a proper way to go about building one, or is it essentially the same as a 5*?
When people say 3/4* are viable, they usually mean you indeed promote them to 5* and merge them. Lon'qu in particular is pretty good with his prf.

Now, 4*+10 heroes are pretty decent too (equivalent to 5*+5 iirc), but I like my golden borders.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if these "Hero Spotlight" quests are replacing the "Three Heroes" quests we got every few months. I wouldn't mind only getting one F2P hero if they start doing it every month.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
When people say 3/4* are viable, they usually mean you indeed promote them to 5* and merge them. Lon'qu in particular is pretty good with his prf.

Now, 4*+10 heroes are pretty decent too (equivalent to 5*+5 iirc), but I like my golden borders.
...oh. I've been reading this wrong then lmao.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
The solution to the 3*/4* would've been demoting the gen 1 heroes, but nooooooooooo, gotta remove them from new heores banners instead like that will fix anything ¬¬

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Truth be told, I've only been interested in working with characters in the 3/4* pool since they're still easier to get overall and I like most characters in them. The 5* merging grind is still rough and I don't have too many feathers atm, but I suppose I'll just suck it up lol

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I wish someone had told me that 3/4* units could be viable before I spent so many feathers on a Lon'qu 😅 But yeah never really considered the possibilities of using 3/4* units as they are, and merging to get them as stacked as possible. Still it makes sense that 5* units aren't always worth the investment, especially in PvE, since they're expensive and getting multiples of them in the first place is incredibly inconsistent. The best I have is a +2 Nowi and though she's incredibly powerful, the thought of needing all those feathers and praying on gacha to even give me a spare Nowi, makes me grit my teeth a bit lol.

Regardless, I'll definitely give investing in a 3/4* unit(s) a shot. Is there a proper way to go about building one, or is it essentially the same as a 5*?
When you use a unit from 3/4 pool, you still promote to 5 *, generally. You need to promote to 5 * for their prf skills, even for 4 * +10 (that said, I'm not a huge fan of 4 *+ 10).

When building units--any units--their stats and prf define their role. See what niche they're naturally best at filling and give skills that compliment that. An evergreen example is Reinhardt: most builds for him use Dire Thunder and are based entirely on free consecutive doubles. Since 3/4 units typically can have a stat advantage for merges, premium units are more reliant on their prf skills to standout.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
When you use a unit from 3/4 pool, you still promote to 5 *, generally. You need to promote to 5 * for their prf skills, even for 4 * +10 (that said, I'm not a huge fan of 4 *+ 10).

When building units--any units--their stats and prf define their role. See what niche they're naturally best at filling and give skills that compliment that. An evergreen example is Reinhardt: most builds for him use Dire Thunder and are based entirely on free consecutive doubles. Since 3/4 units typically can have a stat advantage for merges, premium units are more reliant on their prf skills to standout.
Errgg, can't believe I interpreted what you guys were telling me all wrong, but I understand what you guys mean now lol.

Yeah before doing any investments on a character I'll ask a friend, who has more experience with the game, where a characters aptitudes lie and if they have desirable IV's before doing anything else. Another (somewhat) hard part is making due with what I have for inheriting skills and even merging sometimes, but thta just comes with the gacha.

When you play kinda regularly, participate in events and do the weekly stuff, you should get enough feathers to promote around 2 units per month.
Oh for sure! Been trying to do a better job of not just logging in, but actually playing and picking up as many as possible.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
AR matchmaking, go home, you're drunk.

First day: Only 5+1 def fortress maps with 40* +10 whale teams, aaaaaaaand i'm out of Escape Ladder charges.
Second day: Two matches, both with sub lvl 4 def fortress maps and partially unbuilt 4* heroes. One even was with a def fortress at lvl 2 without bonus structure, normally i'd say this player doesn't care for AR anymore, but his def team was definitely made with the current season and bonus units in mind.

My Oboro project is now at +9. IS, i really need some time and date for Close Def 4! ^^

Hoagmaster If Jeorge loses this round, is there something i can do for you that you join team Olivia afterwards? ^^ ;D

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Guess that will be all for summoning in the legendary pool.

Another 40 orbs got me another L!Ephraim. HP+/SPD-, so will just merge this one to my DEF+ one.

Overall not a bad haul for me:

L!Ephraim
F!Grima
NY!Hríd
And 2 L!Eliwoods

No Selkie, HS!Hinoka or Yune for me, I suppose.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Almost forgot the LHBs. Abyssal Eliwood was ok, a few tries and it worked. But Lucina tho, I was worried I would fail to beat it for the third time. But after 20+ tries I figured a way to win.

That map is just stupid

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The ignis banner is... awful.

B!Hector is a great unit, but his fodder is bad. And as someone who dislikes armors :/

And my AR defense is doing so well with the level 5 fort. 6 wins vs 1 loss, and only one of those wins were a "ladder." Olwen isn't being one-shot and doubled as much, and it really shows, since she and Ares are damage dealers of my team. If it has this consistency for the rest of this week and next, I'd be very stoked since it means I successfully created a meta-viable Jugdral theme team 😃

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I guess the game doesnt want me to get a Legend Eliwood. Just an endless stream of Ryoma's and a Hrìd. Really starting to hate this game now.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Goodbye, Olivia!

tumblr_nnb2mwevq01qieaoio4_250.gif

No amount of blushing can overcome the Lady of the Blades!

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whew, that was a close one... The two teams were pretty similar in size. Glad Team Mia survived!

Now let's kick around Jeorge in the finals.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Mia vs Jeorge ... i certainly saw Mia as a possible final contender, either her or Olivia, but from the other side i really thought Tibarn would come out on top. Oh well, i'm not saying not to those sweet victory feathers.

We should get the next summer teasers on sunday, right? Wonder what chars they will do. On the OC side, Fjorm just had an alt, Eir won't get one until Book 3 is over i assume, leaves out Loki, Surtr, Hrid and the Askr trio. Loki also just got her lewd-bunny alt, so that one's out too, me thinks.

Speculation time, it's either the Askr trio with Surtr or Hrid, whoever isn't on the banner will be the TT reward, or it's "regular" heroes getting alts, with Tharja being a top contender for a summer alt.

And i still want a Dancer Hector for August's/September's summer festival banner. With Dancing Armads. Do it!

Oboro is +9 now, getting close. Hey IS, how about Close Def 4 on one of those new summer heroes next week? I'd appreciate it. ^^

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Naga was last month, right? Pretty sure I pulled her at the last minute with my remaining orbs, because I just did the same with Eliwood. He has great IVs too.

Too bad LRoy has so much more BST.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Update is Sunday, they confirmed as such with changing AR/Arena seasons around.

I think that means teaser tonight, trailer tomorrow. I think the trailer/update being the same day as last banner was an exception, caused by the earthquake and tsunami warning.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Teaser on saturday/tonigh would be strange (imo), since the schedule lists the banner starting on July 9.

For me, that's tuesday, so trailer on sunday would have a day between it and the drop of the banner. Don't the special heroes banner always drop the day after the trailer?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Teaser on saturday/tonigh would be strange (imo), since the schedule lists the banner starting on July 9.

For me, that's tuesday, so trailer on sunday would have a day between it and the drop of the banner. Don't the special heroes banner always drop the day after the trailer?

First banner of the month (which is usually a new heroes banner, but not here) usually has a trailer a day early, since it coincides with a big update. We know the update and launch of banner are at least 24 hours apart. Trailer is usually 24 hours before update, and for special heroes, teaser is 24 hours before the trailer--which is 13 hours from now.

Basically, because this banner comes with 3.7 update, I think everything else is bring bumped a day ahead of time. Greil's Devoted was last time a special heroes banner was in a similar situation, and the trailer was early then too.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not looking good for Jeorge: though it didn't look good for Barst either and look what happened.
Anyway, here's how a different Headband Brawl would go down:
comic621.png

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
people are thinking left is Nils. And knowing intsys, there's one male per fanservice banner. Intsys, when I say I want manservice, Nils is definitely not it 🤐

That said, after how consistently underwhelmed I've been by special heroes banners (besides Greil's Devoted) this year, I've never felt so... numb about a special heroes banner. I feel it's going to be a nothingbun personally for me and just want to get through it so we're that much further through seasonal/3h/cyl hell.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
The left character looks very skinny, the crazy hair makes me think Lon'qu, maybe, but I think Lon'qu should be a bit more muscular.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
After more than a year, Lilina finally gets a new alt! Along with Ursula finally getting an alt and Lyn getting another one for the umpteenth time! First appearance of Wolt.

BRAZEN ATK/SPD 4! Looooool!

Status
Not open for further replies.