• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, no Tharja alt is somewhat good news for me, it frees my orbs up to get R Duel Infantry for my existing Tharjas.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
And the next TT unit is Fiora.

Ruse skills look interesting. Basically inflicts guard on foe's on cardinal directions when using assist skills.

I guess the fact that Lilina and Lyn are in, I'm honestly bummed for no Hector.

There is also "Penalty." I am not getting this effect at all!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Fiora is a sword flier, so that's neat. Caeda and Palla were both the only 3/4 options, and they have issues (Caeda: low attack, but double effective damage makes her adequate enoguh; Palla: prf gem sword ew).

But, banner was about as boring as I expected--but when you're gay, waifubait banners are a snoozefest and the lone manservice is Wolt who is way too young for my tastes. Maybe Summer Festival will finally give Jugdral alts--dancing Lewyn and Silvia would be neat. But, I could see Summer Festival the lone seasonal banner on the chopping block solely to make room for more 3H banners, with a proper performing arts sequel in September.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Ok now I'm starting to get penalty now. I assumed it was an effect applied by Ursula's and Wolt's weapon effects lol! They are merely granted an in-combat buff when a foe is afflicted with a penalty.

Edit: And if there is anything else I will gripe about, there is still no red bow unit! We ironically ended up with a blue and a green bow unit in this banner alone lol!

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i really really love ursulas art, she even has jellyfish in them.
This banner is tempting, I'm also saving up for Linde in September so I might just roll until I hit ursula or Lilina
Fiora is a sword flier, so that's neat. Caeda and Palla were both the only 3/4 options, and they have issues (Caeda: low attack, but double effective damage makes her adequate enoguh; Palla: prf gem sword ew).

But, banner was about as boring as I expected--but when you're gay, waifubait banners are a snoozefest and the lone manservice is Wolt who is way too young for my tastes. Maybe Summer Festival will finally give Jugdral alts--dancing Lewyn and Silvia would be neat. But, I could see Summer Festival the lone seasonal banner on the chopping block solely to make room for more 3H banners, with a proper performing arts sequel in September.
judgral alts? good joke. IS hates judgral

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
It's kind of weird how IS defaults to bows as Lyn weapon instead of swords (not that I would ever want to delve into red hell). I'm really not that interested in any of those units, at least not enough to throw orbs right now since I think last year's brave banner was in august, so I'll save and maybe I'll get Lyn or Ursula in a legendary benner six months from now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So aparently to IS Men hate going to the beach
And Ursula being the first villain to get a seasonal alt before Zelgius is criminal

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wolt could be good fodder with Brazen Atk/Spd 4, but I think I'm mostly safe from this banner. The Legendary rerun at the end of the month is sounding stacked, and I want as many orbs as possible for it.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess Ruse skills are just better versions of Feint skills? Like Brazen > Defiant?

Either way it looks like I'm good to continue saving orbs for Legendary Alm's rerun, and another tempest trial so soon means more free orbs which is great.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Of all of the characters they could have chosen, we got a twink as the only male unit and another fucking Lynn.

Come on, IS. Do fucking better.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guess Tibarn getting whacked in Round 1 was worth it after all. Tibarn vs Mia would've been a good final, though.

New banner looks cool, was surprised to see Wolt, didn't recognize him. Summer Lyn is like the biggest bait in awhile. Just Lyn alone might do it, but then they gave her that bow and Sturdy Impact...

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I guess Tibarn getting whacked in Round 1 was worth it after all. Tibarn vs Mia would've been a good final, though.

New banner looks cool, was surprised to see Wolt, didn't recognize him. Summer Lyn is like the biggest bait in awhile. Just Lyn alone might do it, but then they gave her that bow and Sturdy Impact...

It just amuses me how big of a gap the final results turned out between this VG and the last one!

And it does look like Summer Lyn will be pretty powerful, but not as ridiculous as Summer Laegjarn. I mean Lyn as a summer unit was bound to happen sooner or later. Just have to wait for the inevitable Summer Lucina.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Of all of the characters they could have chosen, we got a twink as the only male unit and another fucking Lynn.

Come on, IS. Do fucking better.

While it's going against their interests to include male characters in these banners at all, it's worth noting that young boys are far more popular generally as a category than characters like Helbindi, whose presence on the previous banner was a massive outlier. Having summer banners that are 50% characters like him and 50% women would be a massive misreading of their market.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While it's going against their interests to include male characters in these banners at all, it's worth noting that young boys are far more popular generally as a category than characters like Helbindi, whose presence on the previous banner was a massive outlier. Having summer banners that are 50% characters like him and 50% women would be a massive misreading of their market.
So what about having one character like helbindi, one like xander, one like wolt
Absolutely no reason why only 2 of 10 units are male, they could very well made 4 and add more variety.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I get the economics. That doesn't mean I like it.

But both Pent and Wolt feel like characters who should have been in on this original form, something they could probably do if they weren't so busy making monthly seasonal banners. And the fact Wolt is included in lieu of manservice (yes, he's shirtless, but he doesn't feel terribly much like fanservice as much as 'cute kid on the beach'--male equivalent to summer young tiki)--like, it stings when you know that manservice category is seen not only as lesser, but entirely expendable. And honestly, that's just not fun. 😕

And like, surely they could at least make manservice the TT rewards if it isn't in their best interesting to put them on the banner, but we're not even getting that.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it was really money we would have more Ike, Ephraim and Hector seasonal alts. Hell Lucina is a female character but gets less alts

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I mean it's generally unusual that characters like Marth (the face of the franchise, no less), Roy and Ike don't get as many alts. Considering the fact they are pretty well-known and popular, especially considering their appearances in the Smash series, you would think IS would maybe realize this.

To be fair, Ike did a seasonal alt this year and Ephraim (along with Eirika, astonishingly enough) got one near the end of last year, but still.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
What a flop banner, holy shit. The only dude is creepy borderline shota garbage, and of course the free unit is another girl.

Really, really disappointed. When fanservice is this heavily unbalanced, it reads as sexist trash.

Time for another feedback letter. Probably a waste of time, but it feels better than doing nothing.

It's time for a new market.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, from perusing similar gacha games with the samish fanbase, I don't think shotas are that popular at all. Incidentally, the female fans I know fainted when Summer Lucio was shown this year in granblue and (constantly top popular male character in granblue) and he definitely isn't a shota.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, from perusing similar gacha games with the samish fanbase, I don't think shotas are that popular at all. Incidentally, the female fans I know fainted when Summer Lucio was shown this year in granblue and (constantly top popular male character in granblue) and he definitely isn't a shota.

General young, attractive men do seem like the clear mainstream favourite; but Heroes also hasn't been averse to including them with their choice of Takumi, Leo, Innes and Gaius for past years' summer alts.

However, I definitely think characters that skew even younger are more popular than muscle-bound old men, who have less total appeal among all relevant demographics. Even if you take women out of the equation and just focus on gay men, if you go through any gay artist or weeb's likes on Twitter, there's a 2/3 chance you'll hit 10 year olds boning within ten posts.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It would be super cool if some of the enlightened straight dudes who play FEH would back up their queer friends and tell IntSys (and literally every other game studio ever) that they don't need 95%+ of the content in the game geared towards them all the time. That they can live with one less bikini babe/seasonal winter "armor" unit a banner so we can get some actual summer speedos/seasonal dong action. That they don't necessarily need a waifu harem army to keep their dicks hard all the time. That they can confirm the presence of a penis on a man (as opposed to a Ken doll) and not feel the need to pour bleach on their eyes.

That would be really neat.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It would be super cool if some of the enlightened straight dudes who play FEH would back up their queer friends and tell IntSys (and literally every other game studio ever) that they don't need 95%+ of the content in the game geared towards them all the time. That they can live with one less bikini babe/seasonal winter "armor" unit a banner so we can get some actual summer speedos/seasonal dong action. That they don't necessarily need a waifu harem army to keep their dicks hard all the time. That they can confirm the presence of a penis on a man (as opposed to a Ken doll) and not feel the need to pour bleach on their eyes.

I am straight and I am tired of this bs since last year, but it is hard to convince other people
Besides I find insulting that IS thinks that I need to be attracted towards a character to pull for them, most of my favorite characters are male and even most of my favorite female characters arent because I feel attracted to them.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017

It really does feel like they're scared or hesitant to put more men in shorts/seasonal wear for respective banners. We got 2 brand new summer banners, and both of them only had 1 male character each which baffles me. They can put waifu alts in the game just like always, but they should also make an effort to put in more male characters for these banners too. It's not that hard. Also they really felt the compelling need to add yet another Lyn alt. I like her too, but geez.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
wolt is cute and has nice art, and good jp va
id be happy to roll him (so i can give brazen atk/spd 4 to eldigan)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Ever have one of those weeks where you wanna bash your head into a wall after failing a no-death Arena Assault clear over and over again? Well this is one of those weeks.

Literally everyone and their grandma are running +10 L!Tikis, which I'm now realizing is one of the hardest units to consistently counter when you're forced to fight freakin' 7 of them in a row.

WE NEED DRAGON-BREAKER SKILLS.

I don't care if it negatively impacts the meta. I don't care if it makes whales cry in their sleep. I don't care if y'all think I'm crazy for wanting it. Before the servers get shut down on that fateful day in the not-so-distant future, dragon-breaker skills will come, and it will be glorious.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I mean I really want Jugdral alts, but if they're saving Jugdral alts for a potential genealogy remake. I"ll take it even if the game hits EOS before then.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Ever have one of those weeks where you wanna bash your head into a wall after failing a no-death Arena Assault clear over and over again? Well this is one of those weeks.

Literally everyone and their grandma are running +10 L!Tikis, which I'm now realizing is one of the hardest units to consistently counter when you're forced to fight freakin' 7 of them in a row.

WE NEED DRAGON-BREAKER SKILLS.

I don't care if it negatively impacts the meta. I don't care if it makes whales cry in their sleep. I don't care if y'all think I'm crazy for wanting it. Before the servers get shut down on that fateful day in the not-so-distant future, dragon-breaker skills will come, and it will be glorious.
at least its not the colourless F!ytiki that simultaneously gets +4 to all stats and 2 mov.
you should have a bunch of green TA users for AA anyways
thankfully my julia and deirdre can deal with entire dragon teams on their own

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
at least its not the colourless F!ytiki that simultaneously gets +4 to all stats and 2 mov.
you should have a bunch of green TA users for AA anyways
thankfully my julia and deirdre can deal with entire dragon teams on their own

Tbh, I'd actually greatly prefer Young Fallen Tiki instead. At least I've got five anti-dragon sword users and Julia to counter her.

My Julia, Nino, Raven, and Fallen M!Robin can (usually) handle L!Tiki, but after them it gets sketchy. All of my other greens have either insufficient attack power to ORKO, are too slow to double, or don't have enough resistance to survive her Bold Fighter. I could put Close Counter on H!Henry but I'd rather not. Deirdre is one of my most-wanted units but I've never been able to pull her. :/

I actually just got my no-death AA clear taken care of (and demolished my previous score in the process, yay), so just one more week of this and we should start seeing less of the smol robed dragon terror (I hope).

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Tbh, I'd actually greatly prefer Young Fallen Tiki instead. At least I've got five anti-dragon sword users and Julia to counter her.

My Julia, Nino, Raven, and Fallen M!Robin can (usually) handle L!Tiki, but after them it gets sketchy. All of my other greens have either insufficient attack power to ORKO, are too slow to double, or don't have enough resistance to survive her Bold Fighter. I could put Close Counter on H!Henry but I'd rather not. Deirdre is one of my most-wanted units but I've never been able to pull her. :/

I actually just got my no-death AA clear taken care of (and demolished my previous score in the process, yay), so just one more week of this and we should start seeing less of the smol robed dragon terror (I hope).
triangle adept on everything, and spread out your blessings evenly. thats the key to AA
everyone i dont really care about and some pitybreakers get triangle adept and whatever breaker skill
id argue AA is the easiest mode to rank high in in the game

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
triangle adept on everything, and spread out your blessings evenly. thats the key to AA
everyone i dont really care about and some pitybreakers get triangle adept and whatever breaker skill
id argue AA is the easiest mode to rank high in in the game

I normally don't have much trouble with AA and can usually get my run done on the first attempt, but I don't think I've had this much trouble with a unit in this mode since Surtr invaded.

And yeah, you can never have enough breaker skills. If L!Tiki gives me more of a hassle next week, I'll have to toss TA3 on some units and hope for the best...

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I normally don't have much trouble with AA and can usually get my run done on the first attempt, but I don't think I've had this much trouble with a unit in this mode since Surtr invaded.

And yeah, you can never have enough breaker skills. If L!Tiki gives me more of a hassle next week, I'll have to toss TA3 on some units and hope for the best...
oh yeah i definitely had trouble with Surtr. that prf + c skill + wary fighter is a brutal combo. thankfully most people didnt run DC so he was pretty easy to wittle down with red mages

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
oh yeah i definitely had trouble with Surtr. that prf + c skill + wary fighter is a brutal combo. thankfully most people didnt run DC so he was pretty easy to wittle down with red mages

Yep, that and TA3 with a helping of Axebreaker makes short work of him. (Also shout-out to Tobin who is in fact not useless despite popular claims. lol)

Problem with L!Tiki is she has DC built-in and no breaker skill to worry about. :/

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Yep, that and TA3 with a helping of Axebreaker makes short work of him. (Also shout-out to Tobin who is in fact not useless despite popular claims. lol)

Problem with L!Tiki is she has DC built-in and no breaker skill to worry about. :/
i hadnt gotten use out of Halloween dorcas with wary fighter until she came out lol.
i also have a refined innes with poison strike, firesweep weapons with seal def/res/poison strike, and dazzling staff healers to help out

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I am straight and I am tired of this bs since last year, but it is hard to convince other people
Besides I find insulting that IS thinks that I need to be attracted towards a character to pull for them, most of my favorite characters are male and even most of my favorite female characters arent because I feel attracted to them.
It really does feel like they're scared or hesitant to put more men in shorts/seasonal wear for respective banners. We got 2 brand new summer banners, and both of them only had 1 male character each which baffles me. They can put waifu alts in the game just like always, but they should also make an effort to put in more male characters for these banners too. It's not that hard. Also they really felt the compelling need to add yet another Lyn alt. I like her too, but geez.
The biggest obstacle is getting people who aren't necessarily affected directly by this (ie. most straight male FEH players) to get involved. All players lament the stagnation and "sameness" of the game, but if you're part of the demographic that's being catered directly to, those people hardly feel the need to actually do something about it. It generally doesn't even cross their minds because they're not used to having to ask/fight for anything related to gaming. (Just look at how many people gloss over these conversations in this very thread.)

If we want things to change, we have to keep asking for it, and that means pushing back at every instance of failure and complacency on the developer's part.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
fioras art is pretty nice and we got some pretty amazing seals.
shame about Luke's refine though... it has got to be the worst in the game

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
fioras art is pretty nice and we got some pretty amazing seals.
shame about Luke's refine though... it has got to be the worst in the game
Except it isnt? We dont know how if it works with panic or not, anyway it is much better than things like Anna's or Takumi's

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Except it isnt? We dont know how if it works with panic or not, anyway it is much better than things like Anna's or Takumi's
it likely does, but the problem is that luke isnt actually panicking much nowadays. and his terrible speed and only passable defense means that +6 wont actually help much on enemy phase. i guess hes a pretty strong brave sword on player phase if he can get death blow and the effect activated, but id argue keaton and sword reinhardt are just straight up better with less investment
i actually quite like anna and takumis refines. movement skills are always good, despite not actually helping in combat directly.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Luke's actually doesn't look too bad IMO.

I think Matthew got it more rough among this month's units though. Roderick isn't too grand, though granted he retains the FS effect. No way would they give him something so busted! And Raigh also isn't too shabby either.

And those Lyn's stats lol! Me will be happy if I manage the right IVs!

Edit: Oops didn't noticed Matthew's refine. Nevermind, he has the Blizzard tome effect. Awesome!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Fiore is one of the best free units we've gotten in awhile. She feel like a red sword Cordelia: nothing particularly specialist about her (like Caeda's special acceleration or effective damage or Palla's whitewing effect), but flexible enough to make most generic sword sets work. And her artwork is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.