• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
A little mixed on the skill fodder though. SPD/RES link can be decent, just need an L!Azura to buff the other stats.

And for the sacred seals for the upcoming TT:

Steady Stance, ATK/RES and Chill Speed!

Strider_Blaze likes! Strider_Blaze likes!

Didn't spend any coins for the last Sacred Seals so this is great to see!

And honestly I think the only weapon refines that are legit terrible are Takumi's and Anna's. And maybe to an extent, Leo's due to his stats not accommodating for every range unit, particularly armored units. And I think in retrospect, we may have slept on Seliph's.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
at least its not the colourless F!ytiki that simultaneously gets +4 to all stats and 2 mov.
you should have a bunch of green TA users for AA anyways
thankfully my julia and deirdre can deal with entire dragon teams on their own
I'd much rather run into Fallen Tiki than any other version of her in arena. I have panic ploy Lukas as one of my support units so her skill basically means she always has -4 to all stats.
At least she's not Corrin whose skill gives her in-combat boosts so there's nothing you can do about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I merged a 5* Matthew into a bunch of 4*s but now I can't learn his new prf.
And I'm not ready to pone up the feathers for a dude I doubt I'd ever really use.

EDIT: Holy crow, free 5* Thea from the Ignis banner. My luck has been stellar with free rolls lately.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I ended up de-ranking to T19 in Arena because I did one match earlier to get Gauntlet flags and didn't know the week ended early. Always wait til Sunday night to do the arena modes. It was annoying because Eliwood was gonna make T21 more doable for me. Oh well. It's just 2 orbs and some random stuff.

I think a lot of AR players didn't realize the schedule like me. I left 250 Aether in the bank, ended at like 11,650, and still somehow ended up around Top 8k. Seems way too low of a score.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh, free day without Arena, AR ... nice. Once in a while, it's nice. I'll be honest, that Arena closed one day earlier probably saved my arse from missing re-entering T21. ^^ Score of 3750 with Beachjarn as my bonus unit was the maximo ultimo i could reach without going on an investing spree in terms of skill inheritance and feathers.

Didn't expect to see Ursula getting a seasonal alt. Will try for her and BeachLyn. Fiora is extreme nice for a free unit, thank god it's not another blue lance flier.
I see, Lilina continues her tradition of hitting like a truck, though only once. Wolt ... seems like a slightly stronger yet slower Sue ... meh.

Though, Blazing Blade / Binding Blade focus on this summer banner makes me a bit sad. Because it means that the summer festival banner next month won't have Dancing Hector.

The new refinements and weapons can be extremely situational, but for fans of these units, you can make them work. And if they do, they work well. I think i should start with some Divine Dew refinements again, just hit 1071 Divine Dew. Though i have to say, an anti-cav owl-tome is something very specific. ^^

Mia won! Well, when i joined her team i did because i expected Tibarn vs Mia in the final and i wanted to have some decent chance for a good rank for feathers. Didn't work out so well, but 1500 victory feathers from the whole VG is nice too.

E:

LOL just remembered that you can't finish today's daily quests because Arena is closed. That's 100 feathers! Apology orbs, IS! ^^

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
fioras art is pretty nice and we got some pretty amazing seals.
shame about Luke's refine though... it has got to be the worst in the game

If his refine works off of Panic it could be interesting as he'd be fairly self sufficient, but if not he's still got a prf brave weapon, cav movement and buffs, so could just take the Ark refine for extra damage.

Unfortunately Swordhardt is probably straight up better than him outside of his refine being triggered, and the fact that Luke's still 5* locked (not to mention he's 1st gen) makes him a bit hard to invest in.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I have a +atk Luke, and even with that his atk has always been way too low to be useful. (I only used him in AA). I'm not sure his refine would even be helpful considering (as others have noted) he can't panic worth anything these days. Thank goodness I was able to bench him recently, now I only need to dust him off for the next HM cap increase.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed Hawkeye is coming back as an arena bonus unit. That's actually awesome for me, this is the first unit to repeat since I started merging arena bonuses every season, so I already have him at +5.

B6j3yTs.png

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Arena season being a day shorter almost made me miss T21. I managed to get a 3740 score with Alfonse on the last day but it wasn't enough probably because a bunch of people with the same score got it before me. I retried and got 3751 with Summer Ylgr which was more than enough.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've always complained about skill availability in heroes but this year has just been absurd. I looked at seasonal banners we've gotten this year (the absurd amount) and pretty much every single one has skills that are unavailable in the regular pool (ignoring the weapons of course):
  • New Year had Earthfire Blam+ (doubt anyone cares), Joint Hone Spd and Hone Atk 4 as new skills. It also features Atk/Spd Link which is seasonal locked.
  • Hot Springs had Fireflood Balm+ (yet again, no one cares), Spd Opening and Air Orders as new skills. Also featured the return of Atk/Def Solo and Atk/Spd Link which are seasonal locked. No tier 4 skill here at least, outside of the Balm.
  • Valentine's introduced Fury 4, Rally Def/Res+, Res Feint and Res Opening. Also features return of the seasonal locked Spd Feint.
  • Spring had Disarm Trap, Atk/Def Push and G Duel Flying. No tier 4 skill here, but seasonal locked Duel skill is ugh.
  • Picnic debuted Def Opening and those weird AR exclusive skills: AR-D Atk/Res and AR-O Atk/Def. Fireflood Balm+ returns here as well.
  • Brides has AR-D Spd/Def, Pulse Smoke, Harsh Command+, Ground Orders and BFjorm introduced a new status effect exclusive to her so far (Isolation). Air Orders returns as seasonal locked, as does HP/Atk skill (who cares about this one though).
  • Summer 1 went ham and added R Duel Infantry (a very requested skill btw), AR-O Spd/Res, Swift Sparrow 3 and Mirror Impact. Rally Def/Res+, Disarm Trap and Def/Res Link return as seasonal locked skills.
  • Aaaand finally this new banner introduces Def/Res Ruse, Sabotage Def and Brazen Atk/Spd 4. Atk Opening and Atk/Spd Link return as seasonal locked.
All I can say is, IS pls.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
^^ Yeah seasonal banners changed a lot this year, the best exclusive skills only rarely appeared on seasonals in 2018, not to mention we've transitioned from largely 3-unit banners to mostly 4-unit (way less orb efficient, which is a decision likely by design). I have found it harder to keep up with the meta these past 6 months.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Conclusion, we need less seasonal banners, they dont even make more money than regular banners anymore so no need to spam them

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Feels relaxing actually.

I tell you what, I do wonder if staff units will get preferred weapons. I mean we do have a precedence in B!Veronica, Loki and B!Fjorm, coincidently all being the OG characters.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Got -Spd Lyn pretty quickly. Then decided to push my luck. Took a little more orbs than I'd like, but I got true target Lilina. And my first Swordhardt. 100 orbs well spent.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Also got a Swordhardt, though was a dupe with a better boon than my current one ha ha.

Pulled a +SPD/-Res S!Ursula so have my unit for TT and Arena at least.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got nothing. Best thing was a shitty IV 4* Brady, and that's only the best thing because i didn't have him yet. And again, ~70% of my pulls were 3*.
Fed.Up.

My buddy did have the shitty type of luck again. Only pulled blue because he just wanted Lyn. Of course didn't get her, but he got, and i've seen the screenshot of his barracks, 4 (!), FOUR (!!) 5* Mordecais after another. Told me he had enough Reinhardts and Robins in between to make multiple 4* +10 editions, and really only Reinhardt and Robin.

Dunno what would piss me off more, getting nothing like i did, or getting a decent amount of 5*, but no focus and even always the same hero.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope i have some luck for the Three Houses banner at the end of this month, i really want Edelgard.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I just fought Legendary Azura for the first time. What the fuck were they smoking with Gray Waves? IS pls

And here I'm still waiting for a horse dancer.

Summer Wolt? Nobody likes Wolt. Go away.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Spent about 60 orbs because I'm a schmuck. Got Wolt, B!Ephraim, Kaden and F!Nino, all horrible natures. I can't remember the last time I got this many 5* for so few orbs on a non-Legendary banner.

Wolt is just to complete my male summer unit collection, despite his twinkness. Eph will be used for SI because I already have another of him. Nino and Kaden will sit on the bench until further notice.

The biggest prize for me was actually a good nature Mordecai from one of the many, many non-green circles I got. (Probably 60%+ of all the pulls.)

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I learned something today:

Anna could very well be Groundskeeper Willie ... "Or Anna and other Annas. [shakes fist] Damn Annas! Ruined summer for me!"

So, the basic plot of the seasonal paralogues is Anna scheming for money, only to either get caught in another Anna's scheme or get outpaced by another Anna.
Is it possible that last months paralogue is the only one where this doesn't happen, with Anna not wanting to scheme for money and getting depressed by that decision?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Man what a way to fucking tease me!

Last session gave me 2 blues. Smoke effect comes up and 3 Mathildas in a row. OMG!

Been mostly sniping blue; probably threw in almost 30 orbs.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I got a free L'Arachel and left.

I might revisit one of the summer banners before they end for skill Inheritance, but mostly because I desperately need 3/4 fodder and merge projects.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only took the first five pulls. Pulled some Aether fodder (Chrom), everyone's favorite staff unit (Wrys), regular Lilina (+Atk, for what it's worth), and two units on the road to +10 (Corrin and Hana).

I may come back to this banner down the road,, but I'm also looking ahead to the other summer reruns for young Tiki, and of course I want to continue stockpiling for the legendary banner at the end of the month. They'll probably also toss a Three Houses banner at us before too long, so I'd like to prepare for that as well.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Free pull got me Effie. I'm not spending orbs on this banner so that's it for me.
Light Season with Eir as a bonus character is the best season for getting a good rank in AR. I even got a defense win thanks to H!Myrrh with Distant Counter.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Only took the first five pulls. Pulled some Aether fodder (Chrom), everyone's favorite staff unit (Wrys), regular Lilina (+Atk, for what it's worth), and two units on the road to +10 (Corrin and Hana).

I may come back to this banner down the road,, but I'm also looking ahead to the other summer reruns for young Tiki, and of course I want to continue stockpiling for the legendary banner at the end of the month. They'll probably also toss a Three Houses banner at us before too long, so I'd like to prepare for that as well.
All these banners, so few orbs... :/

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I learned something today:

Anna could very well be Groundskeeper Willie ... "Or Anna and other Annas. [shakes fist] Damn Annas! Ruined summer for me!"

So, the basic plot of the seasonal paralogues is Anna scheming for money, only to either get caught in another Anna's scheme or get outpaced by another Anna.
Is it possible that last months paralogue is the only one where this doesn't happen, with Anna not wanting to scheme for money and getting depressed by that decision?

Anna has a real "The Gang from Always Sunny" vibe to her, and I love it.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
So, I've always complained about skill availability in heroes but this year has just been absurd. I looked at seasonal banners we've gotten this year (the absurd amount) and pretty much every single one has skills that are unavailable in the regular pool (ignoring the weapons of course):
  • New Year had Earthfire Blam+ (doubt anyone cares), Joint Hone Spd and Hone Atk 4 as new skills. It also features Atk/Spd Link which is seasonal locked.
  • Hot Springs had Fireflood Balm+ (yet again, no one cares), Spd Opening and Air Orders as new skills. Also featured the return of Atk/Def Solo and Atk/Spd Link which are seasonal locked. No tier 4 skill here at least, outside of the Balm.
  • Valentine's introduced Fury 4, Rally Def/Res+, Res Feint and Res Opening. Also features return of the seasonal locked Spd Feint.
  • Spring had Disarm Trap, Atk/Def Push and G Duel Flying. No tier 4 skill here, but seasonal locked Duel skill is ugh.
  • Picnic debuted Def Opening and those weird AR exclusive skills: AR-D Atk/Res and AR-O Atk/Def. Fireflood Balm+ returns here as well.
  • Brides has AR-D Spd/Def, Pulse Smoke, Harsh Command+, Ground Orders and BFjorm introduced a new status effect exclusive to her so far (Isolation). Air Orders returns as seasonal locked, as does HP/Atk skill (who cares about this one though).
  • Summer 1 went ham and added R Duel Infantry (a very requested skill btw), AR-O Spd/Res, Swift Sparrow 3 and Mirror Impact. Rally Def/Res+, Disarm Trap and Def/Res Link return as seasonal locked skills.
  • Aaaand finally this new banner introduces Def/Res Ruse, Sabotage Def and Brazen Atk/Spd 4. Atk Opening and Atk/Spd Link return as seasonal locked.
All I can say is, IS pls.
the worst part is.. a lot of the exclusive skills arent even that good. why is dull close locked to a seasonal, why cant we just get some new skills so i dont have to settle for desperation/vantage/breaker on every single unit
but hey, at least we got atk/res push from brady...

i spent like 100 orbs and only got a stupid f!kana to show for it

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Plenty of recently added skills are not "worth" being locked on 5* heroes, or even special heroes. Imo of course.

The link skills, this ruse skill on Ursula, dull skills, chill skills ... and so on. Basically, if you're not some 4th level skill like Steady Stance 4 or DB4, or some uber premium skill like Null C-Disrupt, or the good old DC, there's no reason to not update some 4* heroes with these skills.

Oh and freaking add QR3 to a 4* heroes, ffs!

Oboro is finished!
At least in terms of merges. Now to build her. I got an off-focus Fallen Berkut yesterday when i used the orbs from the paralogue and it's quest to try to Lyn once more ... and i'm toying with the thought of giving my Oboro Warding Stance 4. She's +Res to begin with, i plan on having her as a dedicated armor dragon counter, her Def is already solid plus she has that built-in Close Def 3 to patch it up against regular armors.

Warding Stance coming with a Guard effect to prevent Special/Bold Fighter fuckery is super useful for her, frees up the B-slot for good ol' QR3 (4* hero, IS!!!) and i can run the CD3 seal.
She would get +20 Res and +12 Def when an enemy initiates on her, that's at +10 with Res boon 51 Def / 52 Res, or without her self-buffs 39 Def / 32 Res. No Dragonflowers yet.

Ideally, I'd like Close Def 4, with either Guard or Dull effect, but who knows when IS releases this skill or if i even pull the hero with it. So Warding Stance 4 is a solid alternative, i think.

Anna has a real "The Gang from Always Sunny" vibe to her, and I love it.

It's unhealthy for someone, fictional or not, to be like those people. Here's hoping the Fonse and Sharena keep an eye on her.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Combat manuals were added in September of last year. Hopefully we'll get something as significant this September, and not anything like the 5* pool rebalancing we got a few months ago.

It's wild that you have to scratch and claw 15 Training Tower matches for 1 orb, and then you spend 5 of them to get a 3* launch unit with no good fodder.

I suggested a couple pages back about upgrading some skills at 5*: single rally becomes dual, defiant to brazen, etc. A skill/hero shop would be nice but grails seem to be the best we'll get. Or they could increase the feather count for sending home or decrease the feather count for promotion. At least increase the daily login bonuses and the hearts: the game has been out close to 900 days so if you had a big friend list from day 1 you'd have almost 9000 feathers banked!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Are Distant Counter and Wrath the best skills for Soleil?

Would say they're the standard, best is always subjective.

Soleil can, for example, now work great with her Firesweep Sword and Null C-Disrupt. Enemies can't counter, but she can on enemy phase. ^^

DC could work as the A-skill in this build too, but you'd avoid SI for Slaying Edge and Wrath.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got one of those weird AR matches today. The setup was similar as the Cavalry Line except that the units were all armor or infantry, but none of them had weapons equipped. I can't complain about a free win, LOL.

Heavenraiser

Oct 27, 2017
I got one of those weird AR matches today. The setup was similar as the Cavalry Line except that the units were all armor or infantry, but none of them had weapons equipped. I can't complain about a free win, LOL.

Yeah, you encounter them on occasion. My highlight was the one where I crashed the wedding between Roy and Liliana afair. It was a bit sad that I had to kill them all when they just wanted to celebrate.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, you encounter them on occasion. My highlight was the one where I crashed the wedding between Roy and Liliana afair. It was a bit sad that I had to kill them all when they just wanted to celebrate.
I just read on reddit that since the new update tells you when was your first win/loss of the day, some people are changing to unequipped teams when they know they can't lose lift. Probably to give people a free win or hoping to be matched against an easy team for a rematch.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
That was probably unrelated, as it happened a few months ago.
Not exactly. Guesswork was involved before Sunday's update; I tend to go to bed two hours before rollover, I don't know if my first success of the day was ten minutes after rollover or six hours after rollover, or if the first battle after rollover brought me into immunity (unless I lost lift). All that guesswork is gone.

It's optimal to "fish for rematches" if you tend towards 1k, guesswork was the main concern.

Heavenraiser

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that probably was the reason, if you describe it like this. I never really put much thought into high level play and am content at AR19.

But it was before we could save different layouts, so he put in some work for his tribute.

Oct 25, 2017
Grand Conquests return on the 26th, eh?
Can't imagine which Three Houses - I mean three heroes - they could possibly choose for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.