• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So I'm going to guess Sketchy Summer is back at reset, and Nohrian S(c)ummer on Saturday.

Edit: Also, I'm thinking we get a FEH Channel end of next week, there's a lot of nothing between the Coliseum quests and the (presumably) Three Houses banner on the 22nd.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

Something else worth mentioning. HertzDevil (he datamines feh, a lot) found revivals for oliver, lyon, and takumi--which also happen to be the next GHBs after Elite 2. This isn't confirmation of Elite 3 yet (for starters, they appear to last two days each), but it's probably a spiritual successor to Elite 2 and coincides with the 2.5 anniversary.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
My gacha luck has been comparatively poor in the past couple of months but I managed to get a L!Eliwood(+spd) and S!Laegjarn(+spd). Since then I have been toying around with a team composed of these 2 plus Lewyn(+spd) and a +1 Reyson(+atk). I gave Lewyn and Laegjarn enough dragon flowers so everyone besides Eliwood have 49 atk. With Eliwood's PRF and C-PRF they all get +12 to their atk/def every single round, on top of the SS3/4 their A skills and reverse desperation, I've been able to do all the chain challenges and abyssal GHB battles. I got to say it's been a lot of fun. I doubt that's enough fire power to do the newer abyssal legendary hero challenges, but we shall see.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, i'm so not ready for abyssal Evil Pineapple.

Two new heroes banners after another at the end of the month and at the beginning of next month? Assuming IS will release the Brave Heroes for 2019 in August again, would this mean that this banner at the start of August will be them? End of July is obviously Three Houses, as that's three days before the game releases.

Last year, they only had one new heroes banner in August, the Brave 2018 one, and at the start of the month they had summer banner 3, the summer festival one. So maybe they swapped places?

2017 had two new heroes banners in August, Brave Heroes and the Sacred Stones one with Amelia. But that year they didn't have a special heroes banner, the Performing Arts one was later.

Something funny i just noticed, last year had a "Heroes with Distant Def" banner dropping on July 27, this year has a "Heroes with Close Def" banner dropping on ... drumroll ... July 27! ^^

Lot's of events coming up, good orb income. Also a fresh Tap Battle ... thank god, these re-runs are not really good.

And a new Rokkr Siege next tuesday! Yeah!

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Had a blessed circle today on 2019 summer 1 (trying to finish it off before dealing with the new one): four greens, one red which turned out to be a true neutral Summer Helbendi. Just need Gunnthra and I'm done there.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Real banners are once again on the horizon.

The one upside of seasonal banner hell is that my orb stockpiles get quite large.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm fairly confident both new heroes banners are 3H. The GHB is oddly scheduled on August 3rd, so I feel it's meant to cover both banners, so they're both from the same continuity.

As for summer 3? The only way I see it:
  • It's simply canceled
  • One banner isn't taking up a usual slot (e.g. Cyl3 appears late August alongside summer festival). New Years banner is a case where this happens
  • Cyl3 is delayed until early September
I'm personally feeling one the latter two, since feh has loved their seasonal banners.

But I can safely say nothing this month will interest me, so I may very well have 1k orbs by the time of Ayra 🤷‍♂️

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Performing Banner could easy be the second event in late August. Or go back to it's original spot from year one.

Oct 25, 2017
My orb stockpile should be larger than it is but I can't help but do random pulls here and there. Gotta break the habit.
It did net me a neutral Summer Laev though so it's not all bad. My word, her speed is awful.

I've got no desire to pull on the latest summer banner, thankfully. As much as I like Ursula as a character, every dagger cav in my barracks seem to explode when looked at funny and I don't see that trend changing.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's set. If the seasonal event is for a specific day that's in the first half of the month, like NY and Valentines for example, the seasonal drops in the beginning of the month, the new heroes at the end of the month. For stuff like Halloween / Christmas, it's reversed.

Only thing is, summer banners don't have a set celebration day, so anything could be applied here.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
My theory:

July 22 is confirmed for 3H
August 7 is also 3H
August 21 or so is CYL (it gets added with a paralogue)
September goes all-singing all-dancing and then a non-3H banner
October has Halloween and a 3H banner
November has the OCs of Book 3 and Brave Redux
December kicks off book 4

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017

Something else worth mentioning. HertzDevil (he datamines feh, a lot) found revivals for oliver, lyon, and takumi--which also happen to be the next GHBs after Elite 2. This isn't confirmation of Elite 3 yet (for starters, they appear to last two days each), but it's probably a spiritual successor to Elite 2 and coincides with the 2.5 anniversary.

I hope this is true, I've held off buying the last Lyon waiting for a revival.

My theory:

July 22 is confirmed for 3H
August 7 is also 3H
August 21 or so is CYL (it gets added with a paralogue)
September goes all-singing all-dancing and then a non-3H banner
October has Halloween and a 3H banner
November has the OCs of Book 3 and Brave Redux
December kicks off book 4

I'd expect 1 more new heroes banner to at least reach 13 chapters for Book III. The 2 extra seasonals this year mean they'll either have to skip a seasonal (Performing being the big candidate) or add a new chapter with either CYL/Farfetched.

Also, if Performing still exists, I'd expect it on August since otherwise there'd be no TT on August, unless they made a Brave Heroes TT with free Brave Marth or something.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder, if the new heroes banner at the beginning of August is another Three Houses one, what heroes it could feature?

Given the Byleth promo, it's (imo) pretty much guaranteed that the July one will have the Three Houses lords with Byleth. Red sword Byleth, green axe Edelgard, blue lance Dimitri, colorless bow Claude, fits like a glove.

Could the second, if Three Houses themed, be about the Church / Knights of Seiros?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder, if the new heroes banner at the beginning of August is another Three Houses one, what heroes it could feature?

Given the Byleth promo, it's (imo) pretty much guaranteed that the July one will have the Three Houses lords with Byleth. Red sword Byleth, green axe Edelgard, blue lance Dimitri, colorless bow Claude, fits like a glove.

Could the second, if Three Houses themed, be about the Church / Knights of Seiros?
I'm thinking they will follow the Echoes precedent and have three banners, each focusing on one house. I would guess the second one on the schedule is for the first house, Black Eagles.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking they will follow the Echoes precedent and have three banners, each focusing on one house. I would guess the second one on the schedule is for the first house, Black Eagles.

Problem then is Byleth though. We know he's in the end of July banner in addition to his promo distribution. You can't really add him to one house banner and not to the others ... and i don't think they'd want a unit being featured in 3 banners directly after another.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Problem then is Byleth though. We know he's in the end of July banner in addition to his promo distribution. You can't really add him to one house banner and not to the others ... and i don't think they'd want a unit being featured in 3 banners directly after another.
Yeah I think the first banner is him and the lords, then the follow up banners are collections of characters from each house. The lords don't need to be on their house banners.

Also, unrelated, but I hope the prevalence of monsters in Three Houses finally gets Heroes to add monster enemies in Book 4.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
2 back to back new heroes banners
Safe to assume those are 3H right?

Most likely. The 3 lords and M!Byleth makes sense for the first one. From there they might do house-specific banners or maybe put 1 unit from each house on the rest. It'll likely be raining 3H banners for quite a while.

I wonder if F!Byleth will be on a banner or be the GHB. I could see someone like Jeralt taking that place, too. Maybe Sothis or Seiros for the Mythical Hero although I doubt they'd put spoilers in just a week after the game launches. I have a hunch based on absolutely nothing that F!Byleth won't be in the game for a few months until they put in post-timeskip Edelgard/Claude/Dimitri. We'll see, lol.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cyl banner is also likely to drop mid August, so if they do multiple 3H banners, we may have 3+ new heroes banners in just one month.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Echoes had these banners shortly after it released:
  • World of Shadows (Alm and friends)
  • Rite of Shadows (Celica and friends)
  • Alm's Army (More of Alm's friends)
  • Celica's Army (More of Celica's friends)
So I assume Three Houses will have these:
  • World of Houses (Byleth (maybe both), Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude)
  • Black Eagles
  • Blue Lions
  • Golden Deer
This inspired me to look at who hasn't been put into the game from Echoes yet, just to try to see how many Three Houses banners we might expect going forward.

Echoes No Shows:
  • Silque
  • Luthier
  • Python
  • Zeke*
  • Forsyth
  • Tatiana
  • Mycen
  • Valbar (!?)
  • Kamui
  • Palla, Catria, Est **
  • Conrad
  • Atlas
  • Jessie
  • Deen
  • Nomah
* Technically Camus
** Ingame in their Archanea incarnations

Notable NPCs:
  • Rudolf
  • Rinea
  • Jedah
  • Mila

There are still quite a few missing from Echoes. 90% dudes so their hopes are pretty low.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, I think I'll be summoning to get Sturdy Impact for Tailtiu, going got S!Lyn. I want to hear your thoughts on this. Tailtiu is +atk, +9, and I'd generally my go to blue mage. She currently runs fury 3 because it's cheap.

The main reason for sturdy impact is there are many times Tailtiu cannot setup properly or get into wrath/desperation range because she doesn't quite kill the enemy and the enemy kills her back due to QR3 or VF. Sturdy Impact helps a lot: she shuts down QR3/VF, she gets more attack power before entering wrath/desperation range and more defense (her weaker stat) to better survive one shots.

The big con is fury 3 is synergistic with her time, allowing her to more easily get into wrath/desperation range easily. In practice, though, she usually gets hit in the process, or if they're melee only, requires multiple fury combats and thus I don't find fury damage helpful all of the time, but the flat +3 is nice too. At +9, she's 43 HP (45 HP with flowers), so takes two hits with fury to enter wrath/desperation range.

I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to spend orbs needlessly, so I'd appreciate it if anyone wants to chime in.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Try running some damage calcs but I don't think Sturdy Impact will help her survive much with her low defense. I usually boost my Arena bonus unit with at least +18 DEF/RES but squishy units still die anyway.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Sturdy and Mirror Impact are the kind of skill where you can make pretty much any unit better (sometimes miles better) by inheriting them. It's completely worth it for your best mage, most certainly.

I summoned a Mirror Impact for my +10 Sothe and might go back in for some of my other units, depending on how my Sketchy Summer summons go when that banner returns any day now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If you're going to summon for a specific skill for her, i would wait until they have a hero with Fury 4 again. I think that skill just works too good with her tome's effect, keeps her a bit more sturdy and also has that premium arena score.

Wondering if there will be some ally damaging skill down the road, just like Kriemhild's DC effect. For Wrath/Desp/Vantage builds this could be a pretty nifty thing.

Returned to Reyson now that Oboro is done, already started merging him up to +5 before i started with Oboro. Figured it would be nice to have a +10 dancer, and there's even the perfect duel skill for him available ... if i ever pull Hareonica when she returns on a legendary/mythic banner. ^^

New TT starting, time to get Fiora.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Fiora has great art and stats that overshadow Palla and Caeda, even if the latter have strong prfs. She might be worth investing grails in.

I probably said the same about other grail units only to dump them on the bench after their event.

Oct 25, 2017
Fiora has great art and stats that overshadow Palla and Caeda, even if the latter have strong prfs. She might be worth investing grails in.

I probably said the same about other grail units only to dump them on the bench after their event.
Fiora is fine, with IVs she would be another Cordelia/Shigure/etc

Without IVs you have a bit more attack to make up for. She is definitely workable, and if you like her or her art shes perfectly worth investing into.

As grail units go, shes not in the upper echelon with aversa, Naesala, winter cecilia etc, but shes perfectly fine.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
In the end, you can make something out of nearly ever unit in the game.

I saw someone's Bartre today on the FEH subreddit. Dude had 63 HP, 63 Atk AND 40 Spd, while also rocking a shitload of Def on top of it. Being honest, it was impressive.
Okay, granted it took +10, Summoner Support, +10 Dragonflowers and much skill inheritance, but woah.

Hoping that my Oboro will work great too for what i intend to use her, a melee armor check, especially for the dragon ones. ^^

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The reason why I'm considering Fiora is because I was looking at reworking my AR defense team for light season. Flier emblem isn't original but I thought I might try after pulling SLaeg and HSHinoka recently.

Or maybe I just use Naesala as Tibarn lite and make a beast team.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Flier emblem rocks in AR, it's my basic def setup! Okay, maybe it's the units i use or how my area is setup, but it works basically 50/50 in terms of def matches.

Surprise people with Flier Formation, or buff your team with Flier Guidance for that. Kinshinoka is an extremely useful unit for this. ^^

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
A highly invested Fiora would work fine in AR defense, but since grails are so limited, you'd want to really like the character to choose her as a grail project over the more useful grail units. Especially since Palla or Caeda can fill the same slot in an AR team and are more mergeable (for most folks who have played the game for a long time).

The introduction of the grail system has been a double-edged sword for me, personally. I can easily list the ones I'd like to build, but I feel pretty forced into building a small group of the ones that make the most sense competitively. (Just one more merge left for W!Cecilia!)

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Problem with TT heroes is that they're damn expensive to max out with grails since we get so few of them. GHB heroes we usually get 4 copies of so you need to buy 3 less which is like 1200 grails saved per +10.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they should change how grail units are summoned? Make TT ones a bit more expensive (say some hundred grails or something) and have them appear as 5* like they do in their TTs.

This way, you'd at least save the feathers.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Via Rokkr is a good idea! Since you're fighting shadow versions of other heroes, they can add those TT ones in there and have them be "liberated" as the reward.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Let's be realistic, IS doesn't like giving out free heroes so Grail shop was the best we could hope for. We'll probably get a rerun TT like last year with more recent units and that's it.
I'm just wishing that they don't botch the CYL3 free hero and make it random.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Still, the Grail shop is limited, after 20 units, you're outta luck. Okay, 20 is more than enough for +10 a hero and still have some left for skill inheritance, but still, it's artificially limited.

Low grails income should balance it out enough already.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yeah I'll just prioritize units that I plan to merge first. Though in some cases I will grab a copy to fodder off; did it only for ValenTitania and HS!Camilla for the Link Skill and Hone Fliers respectively.

Got 10 extra copies of Aversa among my manuals, so might go with the Black Knight next.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm basically just merging jugdral units with grails. Arvis is done, Finn is my current project, and dunno who's after that. I'm honestly thinking Arden, but Saias and Jamke have their pros too.

I did go for sturdy impact on Tailtiu, and got Lyn with 18 orbs. So even if it ends up not being as useful as I think it'll be (I'll have to use Tailtiu more), it at least wasn't a huge orb investment.

And I'd really appreciate a chaos named 2. It gives me a Finn merge, but covers a lot of TT units I missed out on.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'm not sure I want to know how much this cost me, but I finally have my goal of having every unit in the game. For ten days, at least.

(The confessions come at the latest, a week from today.)

Amazing to see. It's doubtful I'll be about to obtain every unit myself. Still props to you!

Edit: Decided on randomly listing year one units that have yet to get a prf weapon and/or a prf weapon refine. I personally excluded healer due to not much of a precedence happening at the moment (only 3 healers having prfs), seasonal units because I feel those are unlikely, and Legendary and Brave units.

Counted about 63. Just wish more would be released monthly to transition to year 2 units.

Last edited:

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing to see. It's doubtful I'll be about to obtain every unit myself. Still props to you!

Edit: Decided on randomly listing year one units that have yet to get a prf weapon and/or a prf weapon refine. I personally excluded healer due to not much of a precedence happening at the moment (only 3 healers having prfs), seasonal units because I feel those are unlikely, and Legendary and Brave units.

Counted about 63. Just wish more would be released monthly to transition to year 2 units.

I would probably discount Built in Distant Counter units (plus Hector who has an alt refine) getting prf for a while since almost all of them are still good on their own and it would probably not good for the meta (plus a bunch share their weapon with another character) Same is true of Reinhardt unless he gets a prf that doesn't double. I have a similar stance for Arya and Mia (though getting something simple like Swift Sparrow is possible)

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I would probably discount Built in Distant Counter units (plus Hector who has an alt refine) getting prf for a while since almost all of them are still good on their own and it would probably not good for the meta (plus a bunch share their weapon with another character) Same is true of Reinhardt unless he gets a prf that doesn't double. I have a similar stance for Arya and Mia (though getting something simple like Swift Sparrow is possible)

I mean to be fair, you hardly see some of those DC units at all, mostly because units like Ike were hilariously powercrept. Way I see it, IS does seem to prioritize the "much weaker" units.

Though it makes me wonder if IS might work out how to resolve that "shared prf" issue considering if Olwen and Ike were to get refines for example, Reinhardt and L!Ike respectively could wind up with the same refines themselves. Reinhardt himself is still super good and that's with little investment; his sister Olwen is arguably not as good in spite of being a 5* unit, due to her more balanced stat line not taking advantage of Dire Thunder's full potential. Unlike Reinhardt who emphasizes ATK at the cost of speed. She does make for a great user of a blade tome though.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Also thinking about this, as for my personal prediction for this year's Brave Redux banner, I can see it consisting of Bruno, Louise and Jill. Now to be fair, 2 of those units were released this year albeit as seasonal units but not their regular versions.

Don't see Líf or Thrasir being a thing until after Book 3 is finished and we pretty much got most of the popular beast units out of the way.

Only thing we know from OG!Bruno is that his prf tome has Vantage 2 built in. Would be funny if he got a CC and QR with that kind of combination!

Status
Not open for further replies.