• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Interesting banner. Mercedes looks like yet another demotion, if it weren't for that AR skill.

Now fox tomes are a thing. Interesting effect they have. And new kind of skills called former skills. They could definitely turn out better than bond skills, though not as superior as the solo skills IMO.

And Death Knight. First time I've heard of him; don't have 3H yet. Seeing some artwork of his, I can assume he will be an axe unit.

And lol at the artwork with Black Knight!

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Regarding the Death Knight...

Three Houses considers scythes to be lances, but so far in Heroes they've been axes: see Hel. Which precedent will they use, I wonder.

Also, I did two FEH-related YEAAAAAAH BOYs today: free pulled Sigurd +Spd off the revival banner, and when Petra came up as a blue dagger so the new banner didn't have a red colorshare.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I see that even with 3H they still do this bs of 3 female units and 1 male one and the male one having 4 skills only.....

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Day 1: 3* Cherche
Day 2: 3* Jakob
Day 3: 3* Kagero
Day 4: 3* Catria

Heroes Fest Banner.

Free pull: 4* Gaius
Ticket 1: 4* Clair
Ticket 2: 3* Sheena
Ticket 3: Karla
Ticket 4: 4* Odin

Savage Blow focus banner gave me 4* Marth.

Meanwhile I ended up getting my 2nd copy of Summer Y!Tiki! Once again not Camilla but this is still great. HP bane be gone!

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, it's best henchman, best James Bond villain and just generally best dude Hubert! Hubert is the "Stranger Things Steve" of Fire Emblem.

Hilda's full stat level up is so going to be "HIL-DA! HIL-DA!" ... who wants to take that bet?

Not having Dedue in there when the other retainers are in is stupid though. They should've made this banner Hilda, Hubert, Dedue and for colorless one from the church ... Flayn for example, she's a healer too, just like Mercedes.

I want Hubert to drop so i can +10 him ... please IS. I know there's literally no chance because he not only has a new type of tome but also a new C-skill. Hilda and Petra have prf weapons, can't see them dropping. So it will be either Mercedes or no one. Even Mercedes has one of those less useful AR skill that might prevent her from dropping ...

And it would again be a cololess healer dropping, just after Brady.

GIVE US 4* HUBERT!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm fairly sure Mercedes will demote. AR skills really aren't that good, and AR-D spd/res will be a glorified darting blow for some maps that can reliably use it; but usually outclassed by swift sparrow 3. I don't think it'll keep Mercedes 5 * locked.

A shame that our demote is another infantry healer.

Anyway, I'll probably pass. Idk even know who I'll free summon for tbh.

Edit: also, if changing winds is early August banner, that would make cyl the late August banner? If that means no seasonal, I wonder what that means for the TT. I'm hoping for chaos named two, but I fear there'll be no TT.

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I've always assumed that CYL would be treated as the seasonal for August, and whatever they're calling the "popular heroes we couldn't put on banner because of Three Houses" banner this year in November. For the TTs, they could do reruns of TT units: first half of 2018 in August, second half in November.

Nov 7, 2017
Free/Ticket pulls tracker:

Day 1: Daily - 5* Rhajat; Hero Fest: Free Pull - 4* Lucius; Ticket - 5* Nailah
Day 2: Daily - 4* Cherche; 2017 Summer Rerun Part 1 - 3* Nino; 2018 Summer Rerun Part 1 - 4* Clair, Hero Fest Ticket - 5* Surtr
Day 3: Daily - 4*Athena; Weekly - 3* Caeda; Hero Fest Ticket - 3* Gordin
Day 4: Daily - 4* Jagen; Savage Blow Banner - 3* Sophia; Hero Fest Ticket - 3* Fae (I got another Nailah with 4 orbs)

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I know they decided this 3H banner way in advance but if the game is telling me anything, IS sucks at telling which units will be popular.
Where are Dorothea and Bernadetta?

Tomorrow comes the last ticket and I'll start summoning from the Hero Fest banner. I hope 820+ orbs will be enough to get 4 Surtrs.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
New 3H banner... The character picks are a little bizarre to me, house focused banners would've been better. Anyway...
  • Hilda: Seems she'll try to outclass Linus/Raven with her skillset that suggests she'll be atk/spd focused. Her prf seems a little convoluted but good.
  • Hubert: Fox tome kinda powercreeps the weapon from the latest bridal banner. Hexblade's also a much better Sorcery Blade. Nice kit here, hope he demotes.
  • Mercedes: Dunno why she's on the banner if they're giving her such a lame kit.
  • Petra: Dagger is a little convoluted but it seems it'd be fun to carefully build a team around her so that she gets ultra buffed all the time. It'll be funny to try to use her as Arena bonus and see the bonus stats ruin her prf.
Daily pulls:
Day 1: 4* Sully.
Day 2: 4* Gordin.
Day 3: 4* Eirika.
Day 4: 4* Cecilia (and random 5* FKana on Savage Blow).

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The fact there hasn't been a non seasonal TT has been quite bothersome to me. Would honestly be great to have one coinciding with Brave Redux/Farfetched of this year. Top 4 most voted units that we had for CYL3 were OG Bruno, OG Louise, Jill and Awakening Anna (former 2 are playable now, albeit as seasonal units). Would have been great to have all 4 of those units.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
All I've gotten from all of these banners so far as been garbage for the feather Gods. I even tried to grab a Sutr by spending some orbs and nope.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Kronya is nuts. I was able to clear Sothis Abyssal MHB with her and 3 dancers. And she doesn't even have CC yet.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
The fact there hasn't been a non seasonal TT has been quite bothersome to me. Would honestly be great to have one coinciding with Brave Redux/Farfetched of this year. Top 4 most voted units that we had for CYL3 were OG Bruno, OG Louise, Jill and Awakening Anna (former 2 are playable now, albeit as seasonal units). Would have been great to have all 4 of those units.

Considering the rate we're given Grails I'm happy it's been seasonals only, since it's easier to ignore them for me.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm honestly not sure how good special spiral would be on kronya. I only just completed the ghb (was too busy playing 3H over the weekend) and I'm not sure when I'll promote her, but I feel there shouldn't be too many instances where she needs to rely on moonbow or glimmer for vantage. It's still more damage which is good for a vantage unit, I just don't know if it's so much better to get a Lewyn or Keaton though.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
My free pulls have been forgettable but at least I finally sniped Sothis. Speed bane which is unfortunate but I just wanted her for AR anyway.

New banner doesn't interest me but hey, more tickets.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Being nuts isnt enough for me to build such a non character like Kronya. Worst possible character they could have added from 3H
Specially when she only exists as a cheap plot device to kill Jeralt and to be the new fanservicey female villain like Aversa

Death knight tho, great addition, he isnt as good as BK but facing him in 3H is very iconic still

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Boey with that CC refine, nice! Mae is also pretty good. Really happy with these refines.

Damn Hilda with that 37/37 stat line.

And Death Knight giving Close Guard at 4* is super nice.

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Maes refine is disappointing
link skills aren't that good and it's weird to put it in combination with death blow
at least keep the owl tome or a blade effect..
oh well. still refining my +10 mae
boey is great

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Stats for the new units, guess who got done dirty. (Two possible answers.)

Hubert: 41/39/32/19/25, res superasset
Petra: 40/32/38/25/20, def superasset, HP superflaw
Hilda 43/37/37/28/23, res superasset
Mercedes 39/33/30/22/33, HP superasset
Death Knight 40/35/25/30/27, lance cav, skills PRF lance Scythe of Sariel (cooldown -1 and +4 to all/follow-up denial if foe has visible buffs), Blazing Flame, Escape Route (5*), Close Guard (4*)

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Boey and Beruka are the biggest winners of this round of refines, it looks like. Selena's isn't too far behind either. Too bad for Mae, I guess.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
This banner is honestly really weak. Hilda and Petra are okay but feel like sidegrades to Linus/Raven and Eir respectively, I can't help but be amused Death Knight functions best by standing there menacingly, but Hubert's speed is going to hurt him unless he pulls an Ares and demotes and the less said about Mercedes the better.

Huge pass, which is fine, since I want to focus on Ayra's weekly banner (it's been 3000 years for my last jugdral unit) and than save up for the legendary.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I really hope Mercedes demotes
but that stupid AR skill makes it unlikely
even though nobody uses those

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm like fully expecting Mercedes to demote. I don't think that AR skill will stop her, especially since spd/res isn't a particularly good one.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Beruka got the kind of refine I was hoping Lukas would get. I wish Boey's Res stat wasn't so bad so he could tank some magical damage too, but will never argue with a CC refine. Good stuff.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm like fully expecting Mercedes to demote. I don't think that AR skill will stop her, especially since spd/res isn't a particularly good one.
Mercedes and Hubert should both be demoted. Neither of them have anything particularly interesting, and it would be a good idea to have multiple Three Houses units in the 3-4 pool for newcomers.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Anyone can elaborate who exactly got done dirty? Still lacking that 3H knowledge. I can at least say Dark Knight looks pretty eh. So basically his shtick is getting an all around buff and preventing follow ups when the foe is buffed in some way. Doesn't seem like a niche that can catch on IMO. Would have preferred him to have DC in his weapon and be an axe unit for that matter. Close Guard at 4* Rarity is cool and we just got distant guard at 4* via Kronya. But fucking escape route too?! Sorry need a minute to LMAO!

Meanwhile, Cynthia and Summer Ylgr can now be grabbed via heroic grails.

As for the refines, oh boy Beruka's is a doozy! First off, always wise to retain the slaying effect. But inflicting -4 ATK during combat as well as having the guard effect will do those DC + Iote's Shiel builds wonders!

Selena's is pretty good too. The weapon itself is a great upgrade getting an all around buff when her ATK is greater than that of the foe. Topping it out with giving out +10 true damage on special activation and she looks to be a great armor check!

Boey getting a raven tome was pretty surprising, but what's even more surprising is getting DC as a refine! Though like Julia's it's conditional, except he can counter any melee foe but dragons! I guess to emphasize his status as a physical tank. Just slap him with Brazen ATK/DEF of ATK/DEF solo and I could see him handling the likes of B!Hector and F!Hardin.

Now I'll admit, Mae's does look like the most underwhelming, though she isn't a slouch herself IMO. Can't go wrong with getting DB3 as her weapon's effect pre-refine. Her refine doesn't seem that bad at all either. ATK/SPD Link does require a movement assist skill, but it does target her 2 best stats.

Overall a decent refine lineup, but the clear winner is Beruka no doubt. Selena and Boey are not far behind either.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Beruka got the kind of refine I was hoping Lukas would get. I wish Boey's Res stat wasn't so bad so he could tank some magical damage too, but will never argue with a CC refine. Good stuff.
boeys CC doesn't actually work on dragons
I gave him steady stance so I'll just have him tank everything else

also Mae turns out to just be Lilina but blue. which is pretty fun

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This banner is honestly really weak. Hilda and Petra are okay but feel like sidegrades to Linus/Raven and Eir respectively, I can't help but be amused Death Knight functions best by standing there menacingly, but Hubert's speed is going to hurt him unless he pulls an Ares and demotes and the less said about Mercedes the better.

Huge pass, which is fine, since I want to focus on Ayra's weekly banner (it's been 3000 years for my last jugdral unit) and than save up for the legendary.
With Darting blow, swift sparow 3 and other skills he can easily make his speed reach high numbers, meanwhile he has the highest attack of all mages in the game. No way she drops.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Selena's is pretty good too. The weapon itself is a great upgrade getting an all around buff when her ATK is greater than that of the foe. Topping it out with giving out +10 true damage on special activation and she looks to be a great armor check!
It's the other way around, which is fine because she has low attack. Unfortunately, she has an attack super boon that is no longer useful.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
It's the other way around, which is fine because she has low attack. Unfortunately, she has an attack super boon that is no longer useful.

Oof! My mistake. Read that again. Weird effect then lol. Still even with the superboon, she should still meet the condition against Surtr. Probably any of the green armors (including OG!Hector) for that matter.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Day 5: 4* Gaius

Heroes Fest Banner.

Ticket 5: 4* Lachesis

And I guess I will give up on the Sketchy Summer banner. Another 15 orbs dumped and of all things it's another dragon unit! This time it's my first Nah. ATK+/SPD-, not so great on one aspect but great on the other.

Man twice my luck is only good when I somehow don't have a blue orb as one my options and it ends up being two cute (albeit very powerful) dragons.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hubert, coming with that highest Atk stat of all mages. Is there something he can't do? Best henchman and dude in Three Houses, if not all Fire Emblem! ^^
Ouch Mercedes. Petra fast but rather weak, HIL-DA coming with a pretty solid offensive statline, while rocking salvagable defensive stats.
DK is rather middling, imo. His statline could work with his scythe though.

They're not shy of slight spoiling with his damaged art, are they? Btw. about those laughing about Escape Route as his B-skill, i only say it's rather canon. ;D

Refines are pretty solid, Boey and Beruka got the best ones. I was a bit bummed that Boey's CC doesn't include dragons, but then i remembered his Res stat and was like "ah yeah, okay".
Mae's is the worst. Losing the Owltome or Bladetome effect for built in DB and Odin's refine doesn't really add up. It works for Odin because of his Bladetome effect.

Guess they want to make her a blue Lilina, given that she's only one point behind in Atk, though she's much faster than Lilina. And if they wanted to make her a blue Lilina, she should've gotten that Chill Res refinement that Lilina's Forblaze got. DB 3 seal when, IS?

Selena's refinement actually makes sense for her dire Atk stat, should become a nifty anti armor unit now.

Ayra/BLyn/Sonya banner gave me my first 5* from these re-runs, Laegjarn ... or free Red Duel Flying. Tickets gave me nothing, but i dropped some orbs on blues for a spare Nailah ... i know i know bad idea.

Got a Shiro ... yes i heared you, BAD IDEA. ._.

Death knight tho, great addition, he isnt as good as BK but facing him in 3H is very iconic still

To be honest, he's much worse than BK. Dude was iconic and a legit threat throughout the Tellius games. DK only really acts as a roadblock in the beginning, and even then, the map layout gives you a perfect solution to tackle him in the very first map he appears.

Funny, i think if you would add the Flame Emperor and DK into one person, you'd end up with BK/Zelgius.

Nov 7, 2017
Day 5: 4* Gaius

Heroes Fest Banner.

Ticket 5: 4* Lachesis

And I guess I will give up on the Sketchy Summer banner. Another 15 orbs dumped and of all things it's another dragon unit! This time it's my first Nah. ATK+/SPD-, not so great on one aspect but great on the other.

Man twice my luck is only good when I somehow don't have a blue orb as one my options and it ends up being two cute (albeit very powerful) dragons.

That's a perfect nature for Nah. She only has 25 neutral speed and comes with QR3 in her base kit.

Oct 25, 2017
No reds on the Savage Blow banner, so free rolled green to try for a third Rhajat - and got a 5* Camilla instead. Technically my twelfth, as I've already +10'd her.
I guess someone could use Brave Axe+?

Also got a Nailah from a HF ticket, so somebody's getting DC/Null Disrupt 3.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think i'll make Beruka a merge project. With Sol/Aether as the special. "Have fun killing her!" "Wait ... what do you think you're doing with that mage?"

We're at a point where i almost wish that the first heroes to get refinements get new ones because recent refinements are (imo) better than the earlier ones.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, old refinements are very hit and miss. Some are still pretty good, like Ephraim, Eirika, Alm but some others are terrible, like Takumi.

Day 1: 4* Sully.
Day 2: 4* Gordin.
Day 3: 4* Eirika.
Day 4: 4* Cecilia (and random 5* FKana on Savage Blow).
Day 5: 4* Sothe.

Wonder if a 3* or 5* breaks the 4* streak first.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
420+ orbs wasted. I got 1(!) Surtr, 1 Nailah, 1 Sonya, 1 Lewyn, 1 Myrrh, and 1 Ranulf.
Fuck this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.