• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Being new to the game, I've no idea what to do with dupe characters, I got 2 Julia, 2 Duma and 3 Gunnthra.

Guessing you mean Legendary Juila and not the original one, in which case she has access to Mirror Impact and the only holder of an Oath skill. The A skill is really useful for mages or anti-dragon units, especially slower ones who don't want to be doubled if attacking. How useful Atk/Res Oath is remains to be seen, but it's an attack buff at the end of the day and all but 2 units in the game want that.

Last edited:

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
That BHB was extremely trivial after all those Abyssal Legendary and Mythic Hero Battles. I just sent Ares right into the middle of them and ended the turn. No seals means no Hardy Bearing to counter Vantage, and the only blue unit on the map is an armor unit without movement buffs that my other units effortlessly cleaned up once all the other foes were done running themselves into Ares' infinite Bonfire.
Julia doesn't have good fodder so just merge her. Duma can probably merged unless you really need his A or B skill for another unit. Gunnthra could be merged unless you need her Res Ploy.
I think they mean Legendary Julia. Mirror Impact is good fodder.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
What's with this VG?

First round: No blues. Without a joke, i had to restart 16 times just to get the final blue ally for the quests. And to get the blue allies before, multiple restarts were also needed.
Second round: No reds. (What?!) Same as above.
Third round: Double color focus! I get all colors, but only those as allies. Either two red, or two blue, or two green. Double colorless when someone is so smart and runs with a colorless unit in the colorless hero's team.

VG isn't the most interesting game mode to begin with, but this one really takes annoyance to another level with these things.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
After around 150 or more orbs i finally got my girl Julia. <3
I will always cherish her together with her OG version and her mother.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
What's with this VG?

First round: No blues. Without a joke, i had to restart 16 times just to get the final blue ally for the quests. And to get the blue allies before, multiple restarts were also needed.
Second round: No reds. (What?!) Same as above.
Third round: Double color focus! I get all colors, but only those as allies. Either two red, or two blue, or two green. Double colorless when someone is so smart and runs with a colorless unit in the colorless hero's team.

VG isn't the most interesting game mode to begin with, but this one really takes annoyance to another level with these things.
The unit you bring counts for the quests too. I just use 1 stamina and I change my leading unit until I complete the quests and then I start using the bonus unit.
It will take you 12 stamina at most to get all the quests but in reality is maybe half or less.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The unit you bring counts for the quests too. I just use 1 stamina and I change my leading unit until I complete the quests and then I start using the bonus unit.
It will take you 12 stamina at most to get all the quests but in reality is maybe half or less.

I know that, see the part "Double Colorless when someone..." ;D

Since you're ideally being able to cover 3 colors, doing it the "regular" way should be faster and result in less VG matches. That's why i'm annoyed, i simply don't want to do it all by myself with my starting unit. ^^

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDfkHKRWwAAoW-Q

I didn't intend for it to happen but I got +2 on Julia and she's become one of my staple units, lmao

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Another banner that is just a rehash of the last year one, boring
I just wish special banners were more varied

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yup that's definitely Berkut and his girl Rinea. And dancing theme is pretty much also an annual season event more or less, so this was bound to happen.

And gotta commend IS for given lots of love to Berkut. OG still doesn't have his prf though. Lol!

Last edited:

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I'll be honest, Berkut and Rinea on the same banner as a couple just feels extremely bleh. Just imagine putting SOV's biggest abuser together with his victim as a pairing in one banner?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, Berkut and Rinea on the same banner as a couple just feels extremely bleh. Just imagine putting SOV's biggest abuser together with his victim as a pairing in one banner?

It's presumably pre-insanity berkut. He wasn't abusing her at all before he rather sharply went off the deep end by multiple tragedies happening in short order to him (adopted father dying, realise said father actually didn't intend berkut to have the position he had been led on to have, instead for it to go to the person who murdered said father, compounded by then having a bad misunderstanding between him and rinea which is what caused him to turn to Duma in the first place).

Now obviously sacrificing your loved one to an insane god in your own insanity is hardly a defensible action, but it really isn't an abusive relationship between the two. They both treated each other with respect, the game makes it rather clear they loved each other (both in game text and by making them one of the only non player units to have supports between them) and I can't recall any evidence in the game otherwise before Berkut misinterpreted Rineas attempt to calm him by saying Alm would be a good emperor as insulting, and left to go to the temple of duma, where she follows him and ends up sacrificed. Calling an entire many years long relationship abusive based on the last day or so is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
It's presumably pre-insanity berkut. He wasn't abusing her at all before he rather sharply went off the deep end by multiple tragedies happening in short order to him (adopted father dying, realise said father actually didn't intend berkut to have the position he had been led on to have, instead for it to go to the person who murdered said father, compounded by then having a bad misunderstanding between him and rinea which is what caused him to turn to Duma in the first place).

Now obviously sacrificing your loved one to an insane god in your own insanity is hardly a defensible action, but it really isn't an abusive relationship between the two. They both treated each other with respect, the game makes it rather clear they loved each other (both in game text and by making them one of the only non player units to have supports between them) and I can't recall any evidence in the game otherwise before Berkut misinterpreted Rineas attempt to calm him by saying Alm would be a good emperor as insulting, and left to go to the temple of duma, where she follows him and ends up sacrificed. Calling an entire many years long relationship abusive based on the last day or so is a bit of a stretch.
The game never clearly states that they had a loving relationship, and as far as i'm concerned burning your SO because of power is a little too much to leave a sour taste if IS wants to put them on a banner together.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The game never clearly states that they had a loving relationship, and as far as i'm concerned burning your SO because of power is a little too much to leave a sour taste if IS wants to put them on a banner together.

At that point he's also arbitrarily murdering his allies and then trys to murder his only remaining family. He was already being possessed by duma when rinea gets to him. (https://youtu.be/xCoquIV6vyk , he's already heard his voice before rinea gets there). Plus I have no idea how you can look at all of rinea and berkuts dialogue in echoes and not conclude they're deeply in love both ways. They couldn't have made it any more obvious, that's part of why it's so tragic. They even designed the map so that berkut and Rineas combined attack range draws a heart, as if they could be any more on the nose.

Plus he didn't deliberately burn his so for power, that was an unfortunate consequence of her following to try and help, but not being able to do anything to a duma possessed person, and duma taking whatever he wanted like the cruel asshole he was. Berkut had no intention of sacrificing Rinea, He then spends the rest of his time regretting having her die to get Dumas power, even in heroes.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sleepy me first thought it was Merric, because of the cape, and Linde for the female hero on the right. Clear sight and less sleepy me now also sees Berkut and Rinea.
Given how savage IS handled her with Fallen Berkut, i'm totally okay with her and Berkut getting a happy alt. Fallen Berkut's Forging Bonds stuff really made me feel a bit sorry for him.

So, question is now, full Echoes theme for the special banner? If yes, who will be the other dancers? Sonya? Valbar and Leon? DANCING CAMOO? :D

LOL ... i had some nutty luck in the last AR week. I got a good amount of def losses, but i haven't lost a single point of Lift! Either there was a win before a loss where i definitely would've lost Lift, or my team managed to beat enough enemies for me not to lose Lift due to the 20 Lift reduction per enemy kill in addition to the lower Lift loss from the defensive team's blessing.
If i had taken offense seriously instead of only doing a single fight each day and then dump everything on the last day, i might've even reached Gold Throne tier.

With teasers today, i guess it's safe to expect the update tomorrow. I'm so freaking pumped for the new refinements, especially BIke and Lancina. Lancina was my top tier Drive-Bot in Book 1 and parts of Book 2, so i hope she get's a great refinement and sees more use again. ^^

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
At that point he's also arbitrarily murdering his allies and then trys to murder his only remaining family. He was already being possessed by duma when rinea gets to him. (https://youtu.be/xCoquIV6vyk , he's already heard his voice before rinea gets there). Plus I have no idea how you can look at all of rinea and berkuts dialogue in echoes and not conclude they're deeply in love both ways. They couldn't have made it any more obvious, that's part of why it's so tragic. They even designed the map so that berkut and Rineas combined attack range draws a heart, as if they could be any more on the nose.

Plus he didn't deliberately burn his so for power, that was an unfortunate consequence of her following to try and help, but not being able to do anything to a duma possessed person, and duma taking whatever he wanted like the cruel asshole he was. Berkut had no intention of sacrificing Rinea, He then spends the rest of his time regretting having her die to get Dumas power, even in heroes.
So he was already a egomaniac before his downward spiral (regarding your point about him arbitrary killing people?)
The script never makes it clear that Berkut truly cared for her (other than their vague meeting scene) and I would be really careful of a man who was pretty verbally abusive towards his spouse leading towards duma's sacrifice scene (don't tell me he was under duma's control, he did it when he was fully in control of his wits) .
Plus it's not like it was a life-or-death situation, but a clear grasp at whatever power he wanted.

He's a good villain, but trying to paint a grey side to him (that he was never like this, he was always good to rinea) is kind of weird when you realize he was the direct cause of rinea's roasting. Which is why i'm so iffy about IS trying to put them together in this....banner.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Saw an AR defense success with 0 foes defeated. Thought it was an auto concede but the replay button showed a battle.

Watched a CC Vantage FTaco take out half my team, and then they kited my two Dumas while breaking the pots. Turn 7, a danced Naga gets in range of my last Duma...and they surrender.

If that Naga had her AR skill instead of DC, and wasn't -Atk she might have done enough damage.

I guess that makes up for the times I've lost offense battles on Turn 7 with one opponent left.

Oct 25, 2017
I had one of those too recently - success with zero defeated. They killed everybody on my defense team except for one by the 6th turn.
But my last defender happened to be a +1 Idunn and their attackers were mostly physical, so they couldn't seal the deal.

To make up for that, I found out I had forgotten to replace my escape ladder and got slaughtered by a team with 2 Dumas and a bunch of +10s.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, those are definitely Berkut and Rinea.
Even if they did have an abusive relationship before Berkut went insane, FEH pulls alternate reality shenanigans all the time so I don't care. I might pull.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I give up on Legendary Julia's abyssal LHB. Due to not having a neutral unmerged LIke, i can't follow PM1's clear because the healer acts differently and either heals Julia or attacks Queencaiah, when she should attack LIke.

Tried before with Celica + 3 dancers, but i haven't found the right sequence to break it. If that stupid Julia wouldn't have her fucking special pre-charged, i could at least tank one hit with Micaiah.

Next, AA. Ran into a team with Arena bonus unit +10 LRoy and 3 Fallen Tikis. All +10. All max score skill inheritance. I managed to bring the team down with 2 losses, but if this was in Arena, i would've been screwed. In AA i could at least pick a full counter team. And surrendering is no option, even if i win with 1 unit left at 1 HP, i'm not giving that whale the victory.

Aaaand lost max Lift (55) already against a whale team of +10 +10 Ophelia, double +10 +5 Eir and two dancers.

Man, today is nothing but taking one beating after another ...

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
This legendary banner week was productive for me. I don't usually do abyssals because I just don't have the time to invest in figuring them out (same reason I'm only semi-serious about AR). But I had some time this weekend and knocked out abyssal Tiki, Duma, Roy, and Julia.

Then I went into Arena this morning with Beruka and kept running into whale teams of +10 L!Alm and +10 L!Julia... let's just say I was above average on dueling crest usage this season.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been as hardcore in the game lately, and nearly forgot about the Legendary banner and such. Better try some pulls and battles before it all ends.

Oct 25, 2017
What's nice about the Legendary Battles is that they'll all be back sooner or later.
I'm currently tooling around with LTiki's Infernal battle and getting whomped. So many reinforcements...

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie I'm going to be pissed if next banner is Berkut and Rinea right after I spent all my orbs on Brave Alm.

They did the same thing with Fallen Berkut by releasing him right after Legendary Alm.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Spent 140 orbs on the legendary banner

Hostile Springs Elise was the only focus I got and she has -Atk +Def...just like the other HS unit I have (Sakura)

Come the fuck on.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling IS is misleading hard with that silhouette, it looks like 2 units dancing with each other but in reality it will be 2 separate units that just happen to look like they are dancing together. Really hoping I am wrong and its actually Berkut and Rinea being happy together.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Trailer up! New Reinhardt alt lol!

*looks up what he could have*

No way! Nephenee and Ishtar alts as well!

Lol wouldn't be Reinhardt without that brave tome! And so does Ishtar!

And also wouldn't be Nephenee without the helmet, not even to dress formally lol!

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Reinhardt has more as many alts as there are sigurd, leifs and seliphs lol

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hurray for free Rinea~

Nephenee is totally random. Reinhardt's artwork is 💯💯💯💯💯. Also, gender balanced! 👍

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought Berkut was a dancing cavalier unit, but then rewinded and saw he was infantry. Got scared for a sec.

Cool banner, really like the artwork for this set.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Reinhardt alt would be a brave tome flier. Nephenee's kit looks pretty mediocre, which makes me sad. Combined with impending dancer BST, makes it painful to justify summoning for her.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I just finished my jugdral collection. Can it stay finished for just five minutes?

jk, I'm actually really excited for jugdral alts. 780 orbs, and I don't know if my orb savings will survive September. really glad I didn't go for a Julia merge, because I could see myself dropping to 200 orbs once all is said and done. But I will get them.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
If there is a Genealogy/Thracia remake I'm sure that we'll be able to recruit Reinhardt and Ishtar, and get them to S support. Julius will be mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.