• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
c4MWRgW.jpg

Cute, but also horrifying because Berkut is an insane murderer.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
If there is a Genealogy/Thracia remake I'm sure that we'll be able to recruit Reinhardt and Ishtar, and get them to S support. Julius will be mad.

It's actually interesting playing Thracia since Reinhardt would appear canonically during Chapter 9 (the last few chapters of Thracia overlap with chapter 7-9 in Genealogy).

Like, they can work out something that Olwen is now canonically part of the Thracia crew in Genealogy, Olwen is able to recruit Reinhardt in chapter 9, who in turn can recruit Ishtar in the final confrontation. I don't know if I like that sequence of events, but it's the logical way to write it.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
I am so happy about rinea being free. going to +10 her.

I will try to get at least one copy of berkut.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering when they would do a Nephenee alt since she was one of the only remaining popular female units to not get an alt especially when noting that most of the seasonals featured at least one Radiant saga unit

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Unless you like these chars this batch isn't great for PvP (lul) modes.
But Ishtar/Neph looks good! Don't wanna talk about the....other couple tho.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Wondering when they would do a Nephenee alt since she was one of the only remaining popular female units to not get an alt especially when noting that most of the seasonals featured at least one Radiant saga unit

What's pretty amusing though is that unlike Mia and Elincia, Nephenee's alt is marked as PoR rather than RD.

Guess it will be a long ways before something akin to her sentinel class appears.

Edit: And read a comment on Dancing Reinhardt so will post this funny acronym:

Dancing Is Everything!

D.I.E. *Heavy nervous laugh gif*

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The new Reinhardt alt has me the most excited for a new unit in what feels like forever. Like I can't remember the last unit that I really wanted and color sniped for (probably flying Nino over a year ago), but I think they finally got me here. Dancing flying Reinhardt with green brave tome, great skills, and sublime art? Woof.

These Norse letters are getting out of hand!

Now there are too (many) of them!

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Just for reference here's the top 10 from the last CYL that still aren't in the game (ignoring the book 3 characters)
  1. Anna (Awakening) (CYL - 5) (Fates is 66)
  2. Jill (CYL - 52)
  3. Severa (CYL - 58)
  4. Rinkah (CYL - 65)
  5. Ilyana (CYL - 67)
  6. Lilith (CYL - 77)
  7. Conrad (CYL -84)
  8. Nils (CYL - 85)
  9. Shinon (CYL - 86)
  10. Rath (CYL - 90)
And these are ones without alts but are over a year old
  1. Anna (Heroes) (CYL -15)
  2. Sigurd (CYL -25)
  3. Black Knight (CYL - 32) (Zelgius is 51)
  4. Seliph (CYL - 34)
  5. Cherche (CYL- 42)
  6. Ayra (CYL - 49)
  7. Leif (CYL - 62)
  8. Wrys (CYL - 72)
  9. Charlotte (CYL -74)
  10. Morgan (f) (CYL - 75)
  11. Lyon (CYL - 87)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Nephenee's inclusion in this banner is so weird. And what's even weirder is that she doesn't remove her helmet when wearing a party dress.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The 3 lords of Jugdral have no alts in the month jugdral gets 3 alts, man would it hurt to give them some love?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Man, I really wish Reinhardt was the free unit. I'm sitting on 1,700+ grails not knowing how to spend them, but he'd be an instant +10 as soon as he was able to be summoned. And it's not an unreasonable wish either, since Azura was a CYL3 top 10 finisher just like Reinhardt, and she was able to get a TT alt (who just so happened to be a green tome dancer as well).

-Spits drink-

NEPHENEE???
13045.jpg

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Nephenee's inclusion in this banner is so weird. And what's even weirder is that she doesn't remove her helmet when wearing a party dress.

Oh that's the heart of the character. One can never convince her to take off her helmet.

Edit: And Camilla won the VG. By about 150 million points.

My brain just broke.....

1502994334-homer.gif

Still 'twas a fine battle.

Last edited:

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
So far I've been able to beat every Abyssal LHB with the same Celica + 3 Dancers team, with some tweaks here and there.

Maybe I should try to get one of the brave tome dancers, probably Reinhardt, just to be prepared for the future..

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
12% pity rate on the banner sniping blues in the hopes of getting Shanna, Julia or Tiki ended in a -atk +def Naga.

I really hate this game sometimes.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
of course our first seasonal alt for Thracia is "child killing is okay!" Reinhardt.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, stupid sysadmin ... messed up the nightly OS updates so i had to sit in front of my PC for 1 1/2 hours watching a blue screen and some percentage numbers.

Yooooo, Nephenee alt. Going to pull for her, plus it's a new kind of dancer! If i'm super lucky with Neph, i might try for Reinhardt or Ishtar. The moment i saw Reinhardts art in the video thumbnail i was like "ah shit, a cav dancer ...". Thankfully this isn't the case. ^^

Neph kinda sticks out on this banner, no prf weapon and the only one from Tellius vs two from Valentia and two from Jugdral.

The "good thing" about those Windows updates was that it took long enough for me to finish the Training Tower quests for this month in one shot.

But big booooo that the update isn't live. I was pumped for the refinements today. :[

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Not too crazy about the new Dancer banner. I think I'll save my orbs for something else, not the next mythical banner either. Robes is going to be a free dancer from the TT anyway, right? I'll take my free shot at Nephenee or Ishtar, I think Neph because I only have one colorless dancer.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Rinea is a smart way to add a real character during a seasonal banner. They should have done the same with Greil.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Neph would get an alt sooner or later, what I didnt expect is Neph in a dress and helmet as a dancer. If this were not a seasonal banner she would be the demote candidate, at his point I just hope she has good stats

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Neph would get an alt sooner or later, what I didnt expect is Neph in a dress and helmet as a dancer. If this were not a seasonal banner she would be the demote candidate, at his point I just hope she has good stats

Honestly, I quite like her weapon and with Distant Guard she becomes a nice support unit for enemy phase teams and armours. NY!Azura's Hagiota is a key part of my main flying team so quite happy to see some more, usable support weapons for the units that don't need to go wading into battle.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He is a villain. Besides, Edelgard has shown us that if you are pretty and popular it doesn't matter if you like killing your friends.

It's fitting that he's paired with Ishtar, really. The woman known for being kind, caring, and reluctant to help with the child murdering... but she still does it anyway.

And speaking of Edel, I just realized that both she and Ishtar can have that side-pony thing going on for them. Hm.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Deciding that a certain line has been crossed with Berkut and/or Reinhardt in terms of villain chars and alts ... is strange.

Especially in a game where you can obtain, build and use people like Duma, Hardin, Gharnef, Aversa, Grima(s), Idunn, Zephiel, Camus, Garon, Black Knight / Zelgius, Death Knight, Walhart and Kronya.
Plus, the whole cast of the previous Book's villains. Partially ... in Bunny Costumes!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why some people only complain when the male villains are painted in a better light?
I didnt see many people complaining about Ursula

Oct 25, 2017
this is honestly the first villain set of alts that comes off a little fucked to me, just because pairing Berkut with Rinea, while understandable, just feels extra fucked.

Reinhardt is a huge douche as well, but theres no odd pairing for him in the group thats getting put out

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Deciding that a certain line has been crossed with Berkut and/or Reinhardt in terms of villain chars and alts ... is strange.

Especially in a game where you can obtain, build and use people like Duma, Hardin, Gharnef, Aversa, Grima(s), Idunn, Zephiel, Camus, Garon, Black Knight / Zelgius, Death Knight, Walhart and Kronya.
Plus, the whole cast of the previous Book's villains. Partially ... in Bunny Costumes!

???????????
I'm not complaining a line was crossed. I'm just a Thracia fan that wants better characters. =P
It's fine that they exist, but aw man, c'mon. This is the guy that's gotta be repping my favorite game by finally giving it a seasonal alt?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Reinhardt is barely a character in Thracia, but given Olwen was under the impression that the child hunts are propaganda (like, Olwen's whole arc is getting locked up, conveniently with kids, and going like 'what, you mean the noble house friege is actually doing this!?"), it's possible that extends to Reinhardt as well. Does it exucse him? No. But him being blinded by his patriotism for house friege seems much more in character than him going like "childnapping is everything." That's my own take.

Besides, the fact someone has one-note as reinhardt has ascended to such memehood, is honestly, something I awe at but that's because I love my memes :<

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Berkut getting an alt isnt more fucked up than they retconning Aversa or the likes

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Ended up getting the two Naga I needed from the Legendary banner ... both -Atk. Plenty of pity-breakers too: three Hostile Springs Elise (two for fodder, one +Spd/-Def I'll keep around for now), two Legendary Julia (kept one for Allegiance Battles, used the second to inherit Mirror Impact and Atk/Res Oath to my Regular Micaiah), two Legendary Ike (Warding Breath fodder), one Kaden (merged into the one I already had), one Spring Bruno (Dazzling Staff fodder I suppose?), and one Female Grima (-Atk, so probably future Res Smoke fodder).

Not too blown away by A Splendid Soiree, probably in part because I'm not exactly in need of dancers at the moment - especially with Tempest Trials Rinea and a free Regular Ninian coming up. I'm honestly surprised they're still doing those Dance B skills. Giving up the B slot for a single-target post-dance +3/+4 stat boost just feels so underwhelming. If you care about the buffs, your team is probably better off running Tactic, Hone, or Fortify skills, and even if you really really really want to have this specific type of utility on specifically your dancer, I don't see why you wouldn't just pull for PA!Azura, YT!Olivia, SS!Berkut, or L!Azura instead, since almost all those Dance B skills are 5* Seasonal locked anyway (and of those that aren't, A!Azura costs precious Grails, Lene is still 5* locked, and Silvia has the awkward +Spd/+Res combination).

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Nephenee strikes me is the sort of unit they're expecting to gain value with another bow. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another bow soon that screams "use with Nephenee," not that I'd pull for her. She is underwhelming to a a suspicious degree, but I guess they decided to dump one of the remaining dance skills on her.

But the banner is, for the most part, skippable. Dancers need to justify their existsnce in a legzura world--Neph and Berkut don't do that at all because their support just fails compared to legzura. reinhardt/ishtar might offer combat, and getting clutch kills is something Legzura at least struggles with, but if their attack stat is too low they lose their raison d'etre; not to mention legzura is still better support which is a dancer's duty first and foremost.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Not up for me yet. I assume it's android for right now. And lol so Ike's refine forces a desperation effect on the foe!

And Roy (and Eliwood for that matter) got a good one. Makes sense since Special Fighter essentially makes Heavy Blade redundant at least for armors. Plus Roy's doesn't require an HP threshold to meet lol!

Nothing too broken for Lyn, and luckily mine is SPD+.

And Lucina is a full on drive bot with dragon effectiveness and her allies get the breath effect!

Edit: Now it's up!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
All the refines are good. Ike can pretty much survive anything on enemy phase and recover most HP with Aether.

Status
Not open for further replies.