• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, those refines are all great. Definitely didn't expect that. Roy gets Sturdy Impact built into his weapon?! Maybe he won't be such a drag to use in my AA matches now.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All of those refines are quite powerful..

Lyn is the most basic one - I doubt people will go back to mulagir even with this refine.
But the other three though? lol

Lucina has physical drive breath - this can easily make her one of the strongest support units again.
Bike now can have DC, 2 different Urvan damage reductions, 4-CD Aether, reverse desperation, and if BLucina is around him, Breath effect as well, all at the same time.
And Roy now is a cav unit with (PP) Special Fighter and Steady Impact on his weapon

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The refines all look really good. Mulagir is the one I'm iffy on, but B!Lyn is also the unit who needed the least help as a unit, so w/e.
Lucina is great support.
Eliwood is one of the best galeforce cavs (roy too, but even a few merges on a +spd Eliwood makes him better than Roy so yeah)
B!Ike got a good refine, unfortunately his poor visible resistance means he can't be a good tank in AR.

Lucina is the big winner imo, becoming basically premium Corrin for melee tanks.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
... and shockingly, Nephenee actually has a really good stat spread. I was afraid to see her atk stat, but among all summonable archers she matches the best of them save Legendary Alm (she gets 35 atk vs Alm's 37).

A fully merged dancer Nephenee would actually be just as good a CC+Vantage archer as any of the popular choices (Jamke, Leon). It would just cost... a ton of orbs.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
B!Ike got a good refine, unfortunately his poor visible resistance means he can't be a good tank in AR.

FWIW, Ike does seem like he could be the axe infantry equivalent of Sigurd where RES is potentially irrelevant. Just slap in the deflect magic seal.

... and shockingly, Nephenee actually has a really good stat spread. I was afraid to see her atk stat, but among all summonable archers she matches the best of them save Legendary Alm (she gets 35 atk vs Alm's 37).

A fully merged dancer Nephenee would actually be just as good a CC+Vantage archer as any of the popular choices (Jamke, Leon). It would just cost... a ton of orbs.

Oh my! She actually looks great!

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, Ike does seem like he could be the axe infantry equivalent of Sigurd where RES is potentially irrelevant. Just slap in the deflect magic seal.
Deflect Magic is almost useless on Bike, it still works, but Urvan by default already has Deflect Melee/Magic/Missile, so a second Deflect only resists 16% of the total damage

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ike doesnt need defenses, I am prety sure he is the tankiest unit of this game now. What he wants is dc, NCD, probably renewall or an offensive seal.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey. Weapon refines for heroes I actually use. But will I have enough dew?

Probably not, because I don't refine weapons because I don't use those past heroes with weapon refines.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Ophelia uses AoE which is based off visible res only. If AoE wasn't meta, B!Ike would definitely be viable in AR.
Deflect Magic is almost useless on Bike, it still works, but Urvan by default already has Deflect Melee/Magic/Missile, so a second Deflect only resists 16% of the total damage

I see. Still don't think it's a refine that anyone should sleep on just yet. Especially with the existence of Lucina refine or infantry Breath in general.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, all 4 of those refines are amazing. Honestly really impressed with them.

I especially love Lancina's refine, as I have never bothered pulling for Nah for Infantry Breath and she makes pulling for the skill less important now. She can take MCorrin's place in a lot of different kinds of comps in AR as a support unit. She would be really amazing in Arena as a support unit with B-duel Infantry introduced now, although she is expensive to +10.

Also love how the Year of Eliwood continues with that awesome Blazing Durandal refine. Thanks Roy!

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit all the refines are super viable, Neph's stats is actually good? and ATK Feint as a TT seal??

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, if you try to go into AR now and you're below Heroes Path Rank 12, it warns you that it might be too hard. Same with Coliseum and Rank 5. Luckily it only warns you once. Get outta my way, warning, I know what I'm doing!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Woah those refinements. Top notch, BLyn is only good notch, but that is okay. I doubt i will swap out her Brave Bow+ for the refined Mulagir.

Lancina's is god tier though. Dragon effectivness, the third blue unit that isn't a dagger or dragon with that effect after Bravewood and LJulia. And FULL.SPECTRUM.DRIVE! With COOLDOWN REDUCTION! Insta refined her, she's going to see much use again.
BIke is great too. But he really needs additional cooldown reduction, so either he's getting it from team support or he has to keep Steady Breath instead of DC. For tanking, it's insane, but to reach it's best effectivness he really needs DC.
BRoy and vanilla Eliwood ... Sturdy Impact + Special Fighter on a horse is simply nasty. Due to being easier to merge up, Eliwood is now top tier imo. Galeforcing has never been easier.

Stats for the dancers ... nothing to spectacular. But they're dancers, so that was expected. Maybe i'm seeing this wrong, but Nephenee has the most solid spread? Really going to pull for her, and either keep her default bow for great support or slap Brave Bow+ on her, because she shouldn't feel envious with the other dancer's weapons. ^^

Seals are rather weak, save for the bond one that might find it's niche. Feint might only work on Odin, but he wants Close Def, or Bowcina, but there's better seals for her, too.

I, too, will stay Hero's Path Level 1 until tomorrow, because i'm not throwing out 5 orbs that i probably need tomorrow. But as a day 1 player, i feel a *bit* offended that the game warned me from entering AR and the Colosseum. Dear game, i'm currently T21 Arena, T20.5 regular, and T21+ in AR ... i think i know how this works. ^^

But awesome to see that there's even more free units, XANDER!

All in all, great update, solid banner to look forward too. And with the refinements, the old Book 1 brave heroes will certainly get super useful again, save for Lyn who already was still useful.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I need some ideas for Lancina's new C-skill. When i built her 2017, i went with a drive skill to go along with her weapon passive one, but since she now covers the full spectrum, it's time for something new. ^^

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I think Lucina's going to get my first refine in this round. I totally missed the dragon effectiveness last night, and I'm already thinking about how I can apply her in both AA and AR.

Oct 25, 2017
All right, neutral Barst - I must have eaten my old one when I needed Reposition for someone. Neutral favorited, promoted and leveled up.
And FYI, seems tasks in the HQ pertaining to summoning for some reason don't count heroic grail summons. Just tried it now.
One of the quests involves summoning with grails.
The reward for completing it is 100 grails, so you're not technically behind with your count afterward if you summon your first copy of one.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, grails ... nearly forgot that Kronya was added to the shop. Hmm ... when can we expect her GHB re-run?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
We'll get Panne soon if arena bonus is anything to go by. That puts Rutger for October, haar for November, deeathea for December, so I believe Kronya rerun will be January?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
All right, neutral Barst - I must have eaten my old one when I needed Reposition for someone. Neutral favorited, promoted and leveled up.
One of the quests involves summoning with grails.
The reward for completing it is 100 grails, so you're not technically behind with your count afterward if you summon your first copy of one.

Darn. And I just used my grails for my one summon. Can never know what occurs later since I'm stuck without any orbs to make a regular summon.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
We'll get Panne soon if arena bonus is anything to go by. That puts Rutger for October, haar for November, deeathea for December, so I believe Kronya rerun will be January?

Thanks!

Boy, that's quite far off ... but the grails cost get so high at a certain point ... eh, not in a hurry, i'll just decide during the weekend.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Summoning went just like with Julia, nothing but 80% 3* and a few semi-useful 4* until the last possible round, then Nephenee and ... *drumroll* of course also -Atk. 1:1 the situation i had with LJulia.
Given that a hero can have a bane in 5 stats, it really seems that banes in useful stats like Atk or (in most cases) Spd have some sort of priority over other stats.

At least, i was now able to get that Hero's Path level up to 14. Have to the full AA run, probably not going to do that until my usual monday evening one.

Kinda funny, i bought a Kronya from the Grails shop, first time i ever used the shop. But okay, it was basically free because i got the 100 Grails back.
Then i waited for the "Promote a hero" quest that rewards you with 20k feathers and a 4* Xander, so the promotion for the 4* Kronya was basically free too.

Thanks for the free +3 Kronya, IS.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Blew around 280 orbs for 2 copies of Nephenee, first one was +hp -atk and the second was +atk - hp which was good at least. Got a +spd -res Brave Camilla in the process. No Mercedes though, which made me sad.

Thankfully, I'm playing on a newer account so I have a lot of orbs to grind and there's the tempest trials in a few days.

I hope we get a calendar for Sep soon, because I do not want to summon anytime soon and I worry how many new hero banners we'll get in the near future.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, there were seemingly issues with Arena, which got resolved and we all get 5 apology orbs in the next days?

That's ... interesting, as i was just doing my daily 3 Arena matches for the Hero's Path quests around the time they tweeted about the issues? Well, thanks for the orbs, i guess. ^^

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Spend 130 ish orbs on the banner, hoping to get Berkut. The last 3 circles didn't have any blue robs and I ended up with a +spd/-hp Isthar. By that time i was running out of orbs, so i wasn't too disappointed.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
1 focus unit (+Spd Ishtar, puhuhuhu~) and three pitybreakers: Myrrh, regular Ishtar and Ranulf. Considering I can't do my usual push right now because of a real life Tempest Trial, I'll take it.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Got up to 5% on CYL3 and got pity broken by Lugh.

What a disaster of a banner. Now watch me pull all 4 heroes off focus or on a future legendary/mythic banner, because gatcha.

Oct 25, 2017
Got squat for my free roll, will probably random roll here and there over the next month. Flying dire tomes are mighty tempting.

Finished off Hero's Path last night, part of me can't believe we got 4 freebie 5*s out of it. Also summoned a Kronya for a free 100 grails.
I'm really glad I already completed most of the objectives, and procrastinated on a bunch of the others, like merging. I managed to knock out Lloyd's Abyssal a long time ago, it's not so bad if you've got a good flying team and can avoid the cav archer by juking back and forth across the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.