• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm already done with the Hero's Path quests and monthly quests. I wonder if they'll add more quests in the future. Ending at level 16 seems weird.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw that for the neutal BIke from Hero's Path, you need to have AR tier 15 or higher ... dunno how the lower tiers are right now, but it doesn't seem to me like an easy task.

I wonder if this impacts wether or not PM1 and others will use BIke for F2P clears?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw that for the neutal BIke from Hero's Path, you need to have AR tier 15 or higher ... dunno how the lower tiers are right now, but it doesn't seem to me like an easy task.

I wonder if this impacts wether or not PM1 and others will use BIke for F2P clears?
He said he would use all of them. He even plans to use B!Ike's refine on Abyssal maps if necessary.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Okay, there were seemingly issues with Arena, which got resolved and we all get 5 apology orbs in the next days?

That's ... interesting, as i was just doing my daily 3 Arena matches for the Hero's Path quests around the time they tweeted about the issues? Well, thanks for the orbs, i guess. ^^

Yeah was wondering about what was going on since I was having issues with arena. Glad it was resolved and free orbs too!

And it honestly feels great most of the tasks in heroes quests retroactively complete themselves; made things a lot quicker for me.

And so far nothing for me on the Soiree banner.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Spent about 350 orbs all things considered. Got Ishtar and Reinhardt with neutral-ish IVs (only HP and def were affected) within 200 and wanted to get Ishtar merge so ended up wasting about 150 orbs before giving up. I'm at 400 orbs overall, so will likely avoid summoning anything until mid October so I can have my 700 orb cushion again. I don't think we'll get any more genealogy/thracia characters before then.

I got a lot of pitybreakers and I don't know how to use them. And "use," in my book, often means fodder. Unless they're invaluable on AR (I can an argument for Tibarn, maybe Edelgarde, nobody else tbf), they're garbage. My pitybreakers are: Owain (+atk -def), Edelgarde (+res -atk), Surtr (+hp -spd), Tibarn (+res -def), B!Celica (+atk -def), and Bylass (+atk -spd).

Reinhardt is getting B!Celica for Death Blow 4 because he's been a carry on astra AR, but no idea what to do with the rest. I want to make a galeforce team with light, but I'll probably go with Eliwood because he looks super consistent--Tibarn seems hard to use as a galeforcer without beasts. Edelgarde unfortunately has a -atk boon; she'd actually be really in light since she doesn't care about Yune's blessing effect, but I just feel she can't meet the heavy blade check. And bylass is idk what to do with, especially when I can +1 my neutral bylad.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot summoning colorless was this awful, the 5 stars are mostly good (damn you Mercedes) but the 3/4 stars are trash, I got 1 Ishtar (+Spd) and 1 Berkut (+Atk) before getting my sweet sweet Neph, I swear this game knows what I want and gives me the total opposite, I even got a Claude

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I foolishly burned through my entire orb stash trying for SS!Ishtar (mainly for Swift Sparrow 3 and Air Orders) and ended up with just Leif instead. At least he's +Spd/-Res, and there's a chance he'll get a decent refine some time down the line. I really need to learn to hold on to my orbs for Legendary and Mythic banners and Hero Fests.

In other news, I concluded that Aversa should be my obvious first grail project due to the utility she offers in Aether Raids. She was also just the cheapest grail unit (of those I want to build) to get to +10 with the copies I already had, and she's flexible enough to just run Rauðrblade for PvE content if I ever grow tired of Aether Raids. That free 5* Reinhardt saved me 20k feathers on getting my already highly merged Reinhardt to +10, so that's two new +10 units added to my roster:

uTIDj1Z.png
wfVhp4z.png

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
150+ orbs on the new banner got me Fallen Celica, Sue, TWO Laegjarns, and finally, a Dancing Berkut. (Who I did not want, but had to choose due to no Red or Green stones.)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got a lot of pitybreakers and I don't know how to use them. And "use," in my book, often means fodder. Unless they're invaluable on AR (I can an argument for Tibarn, maybe Edelgarde, nobody else tbf), they're garbage. My pitybreakers are: Owain (+atk -def), Edelgarde (+res -atk), Surtr (+hp -spd), Tibarn (+res -def), B!Celica (+atk -def), and Bylass (+atk -spd).
Give Steady Stance 4 to Sigurd. The Guard effect is amazing.

150+ orbs on the new banner got me Fallen Celica, Sue, TWO Laegjarns, and finally, a Dancing Berkut. (Who I did not want, but had to choose due to no Red or Green stones.)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Chill Speed, Hone Speed 4, R Duel Flying for Aversa and Caeda. That's nice. I struggle to get one 5* in under 150 orbs and you guys are getting 4-5 >:(

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I should've taken a screenshot but I fought a +10 Arden in Arena with Barrier Blade and Res skills (Fortress Def/Res, wave, stance?) He had 30 visible Res and even more hidden stats.

He seems to be able to survive against most mages on EP with his sky high HP.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Lucked out and got Ishtar, Nephenee, Berkut, Bylass, regular Ishtar, and Fallen Corrin in 200 orbs, all with workable-to-good IVs.

Also, I put my free Brave Micaiah on a team with New Year's Gunnthra and now Micaiah gets a guaranteed +8 to all stats every fight thanks to Gunnthra's sword. I think she'll probably end up being my favorite out of all the CYL heroes released so far.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
Any good super tank winter Cecilia builds for Aether Raid offense? I don't have special fighter, sadly. But I do have loads of vengeful/bold fighter, special spirals, null follow-ups, dulls, null c-counter, etc.
I still have one Close Counter left and I'm pretty sure I'm using it on her A-slot. Just looking for a good weapon/special/B/C/sacred seal combo.

On paper, Vengeful Fighter seems best, but with Brave Lucina's new weapon, I'm definitely throwing her in the team with W!Cecilia so it seems somewhat redundant.

Also, someone convince me to not merge up Brave Ike. He's such good fodder and I have 4 copies left of him, but...he's also looking to be an incredible unit too now.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Any good super tank winter Cecilia builds for Aether Raid offense? I don't have special fighter, sadly. But I do have loads of vengeful/bold fighter, special spirals, null follow-ups, dulls, null c-counter, etc.
I still have one Close Counter left and I'm pretty sure I'm using it on her A-slot. Just looking for a good weapon/special/B/C/sacred seal combo.

On paper, Vengeful Fighter seems best, but with Brave Lucina's new weapon, I'm definitely throwing her in the team with W!Cecilia so it seems somewhat redundant.

Also, someone convince me to not merge up Brave Ike. He's such good fodder and I have 4 copies left of him, but...he's also looking to be an incredible unit too now.
C must be Attack Smoke if you want her to survive several attacks.
VF or BF might work instead of SF. The null skills are infantry only. Dull Ranged could also work.
Seal could be Distant Def if you go with VF. QR if you go with BF.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
Attack smoke is a good idea. I'll do that.

Bold fighter could be nice after a smite to take care of a problematic unit and spread the smoke. Hmm.

Still not sure about the weapon and special, though. But her default weapon seems perfectly fine.

Thanks for the advice.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Attack smoke is a good idea. I'll do that.

Bold fighter could be nice after a smite to take care of a problematic unit and spread the smoke. Hmm.

Still not sure about the weapon and special, though. But her default weapon seems perfectly fine.

Thanks for the advice.
My brother uses Barb Shuriken but I've seen others using The Cleaner or even Goodie Boot.

Personally, I think the best users of BF are Galeforce Armors. Basically, you use an Slaying Weapon, Galeforce, Bold Fighter, Attack Smoke and kill 2 units in player phase and tank the rest. I haven't seen it done with range armors, only with melee like Surtr, Hardin, L!Hector.

For an example, check out this video:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

You don't really need special fighter with lancina. VF is good even if it's a glorified QR3; dull range is also appreciated. She can't inherit any "null" skills, since those are infantry only.

My recommendation, assuming lancina supporrt is either barb+sol or lethal carrot+noontime or smoke dagger+noontime, close counter in A (DD3 in A for budget), dull range or VF in B, attack smoke (or really anything else with smoke dagger) in C, and QR3 or DD3 in seal.

As for weapon/special: use lethal/noontime if you have it, it's very very good. Use barb/sol for low merged Cecilia, and smoke/noontime for high merged Cecilia.
My brother uses Barb Shuriken but I've seen others using The Cleaner or even Goodie Boot.

Goodie boot is fine because extra def/res is appreciated, but Cleaner for AR offense? I wouldn't rely on opponents having bonuses, especially when you have Aversa or Panic manor to panic them anyway. Cleaner is absolutely amazing on AR-D, but Cecilia is one of those units who looks night/day different. Her goals on AR-O is chiefly about survival, AR-D she wants to be a delete button. Seriously, Cecilia is scary on defense when built properly.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
75 orbs (20 of which I whaled via the special monthly promo). I got pity broken by my first OG Ylgr. Got whacked by terrible IVs though: RES+/SPD-.

Guess I'll just have to not rely on a bonus unit for this upcoming TT, until I obtain Rinea there.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Need some advice about Brave Ike... Is it worth merging a +Atk/-Spd version of him? I feel like preserving the -Spd might actually be useful for him to guarantee desperation attack from middling speed foes (-Spd B!Ike has 24 Spd). I feel like it's doubtful he is going to be approached by that many units with 29 speed, but getting rid of the Spd bane seems somewhat pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I also have a +Res/-Spd version, but his Resistance is much less important these days.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Need some advice about Brave Ike... Is it worth merging a +Atk/-Spd version of him? I feel like preserving the -Spd might actually be useful for him to guarantee desperation attack from middling speed foes (-Spd B!Ike has 24 Spd). I feel like it's doubtful he is going to be approached by that many units with 29 speed, but getting rid of the Spd bane seems somewhat pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I also have a +Res/-Spd version, but his Resistance is much less important these days.

I would assume this as a great idea. Lower speed means more chances for followups by the foe and should work wonders with his new refine. If anything, you could favor foddering Steady Breath to other unit's whenever you get an extra copy of B!Ike.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I got a +SPD Neph, should I go full degenerate and give her Bouquet Bow and Swift Sparrow+Flashing Blade? Cordy is already my Brave Bow archer and I don't like Firesweep

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I really don't see a problem with neutralizing spd. But, if you don't plan to +10, or at least keep merging him, its better to be +0 than +1.

30ish speed is low enough to be doubled by almost everything relevant. Most slow units have a guaranteed follow up from weapon or fighter skill anyway.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Event calendar up.

Probably should start saving that since unlike that unofficial FEH account, this one doesn't pin this tweet. And I always keep wondering when this thing happens.

Performing Arts banner revival tomorrow.

Panne GHB revival in about 2 days.

No doubt the Halloween event on 10/9 followed by the corresponding TT.

New units on 9/19 followed by a corresponding GHB.

The next Lost Lore event starts on 9/14.

And Tibarn and Mufasa BHB. Oh boy!

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Must not pull on the Tibarn/Mufasa banner... Must not pull on the Tibarn/Mufasa banner...

I wanna save up and go for the Mythic, but man that banner will be good.

I would assume this as a great idea. Lower speed means more chances for followups by the foe and should work wonders with his new refine. If anything, you could favor foddering Steady Breath to other unit's whenever you get an extra copy of B!Ike.

Yeah, this is the rub with Brave Ike, the fodder is too good to want to merge. Have the same issue with Nailah every time I pull her, she's probably going to be +0 until the end of time.

I really don't see a problem with neutralizing spd. But, if you don't plan to +10, or at least keep merging him, its better to be +0 than +1.

30ish speed is low enough to be doubled by almost everything relevant. Most slow units have a guaranteed follow up from weapon or fighter skill anyway.

It kinda feels like every unit with Spd under 35 basically has the same speed rating at this point... It's crazy to think how far we've come since the very beginning with stats and skills. Brave Ike's weapon seems to do a lot of the heavy lifting with the damage reduction and stuff, not entirely sold on him being a unit that will scale super well. Will a +10 Brave Ike dramatically outperform a +0 one? Not sure.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The other thing about damage reduction is it makes stat boosts, particularly def/res, not as valuable. You basically need two points of mitigation to take one less damage. Sigurd is similar where it's known increasing his resistance is basically pointless between divine tyrfing and cruader's ward.

I want a Caineghis (two actually) for Julius and Saias, but I'll need to pass. I went in too hard on today's banner, even knowing tibarn/caineghis banner was coming via datamine. Mufasa will come back, he seems popular enough for his tanking potential.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I went from having no bonus units for the upcoming TT+ to having two of them. I acquired a Nephenee yesterday (thankfully not costing me too many orbs), and then free pulled PA!Olivia this morning. The old seasonal dancers are awful units nowadays, but I won't say no to the hero merit feathers.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
The PA banner rerun gave me a free Kliff :D +ATK lol
Now who do I give Fortress Def/Res 3 to?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Got a free Faye on the dancers re-run banner. Does anybody still use firesweep bows these days?

Depends. It's pretty good to give to your bow cavaliers or bow fliers, due to movement. Can't think of much for infantry besides Bridellia and L!Alm already has his super, good bow. Maybe the recent Dancing Nephenee.

Otherwise, unless this is an extra copy you got, let's also keep in mind Faye does much better with her prf weapon.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

Neat analysis someone did here. Key image spoilered below for space:
zlp53ty6y6l31.png

I do hope it's Nagi, because we've been long overdue for an archanea banner. I don't believe Archanea has ever gotten a dedicated banner?

If it is archanea, I do wonder who the ghb would be. Medeus fits naturally but he seems like an obvious "save for dark mythic" candidate a la duma. He might be a bit obscure, but perhaps Archanea Lorenz? Wolf also makes sense too, especially since he'd be a horse archer so having that as a GHB option would be neat.

Oct 28, 2017
That performing arts banner loves me for some reason. I got Inigo the first year, Azura last year and Shigure this year... without spending any orbs!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me?

They made Reinhardt into a dancer and put him on a flying lizard instead of a horse?

I'm so done with this game.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Are you fucking kidding me?

They made Reinhardt into a dancer and put him on a flying lizard instead of a horse?

I'm so done with this game.

I totally see your point

We all know Friege is at war with Kingdom of Thracia--you know, the de facto owners of wyverns--so I too cannot image why a knight of friege would be on a flying lizard. 😏

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
He also dances while airborne on the lizard.

My BRoy is +spd so he can now get to 63 spd on initiation with Swift Sparrow 3. Ugh talk about spd overkill. Wish I saved a +atk now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It could be a new enemy, not all chapters chibis are banner units

Please not be another dragon, we have too many dragons

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone on my friends list just knocked me for -80 on Aether Raids. They just randomly got matched up with me.

I know it's them and I know how to beat their setup.

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to rematch them right now. It feels kind of mean to do, since they just got me randomly (what were they gonna do, throw?) and it's not fair I would get to practice beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.