• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Do you have a way to communicate them via discord or something?

Maybe ask if, once they're in immunity, if they can set up a free win. It's not total recompense, but giving you an easy free match might be something. Otherwise... idk what to do. That's the risk of making your mock battle open, unfortunately :/

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a way to communicate them via discord or something?

Maybe ask if, once they're in immunity, if they can set up a free win. It's not total recompense, but giving you an easy free match might be something. Otherwise... idk what to do. That's the risk of making your mock battle open, unfortunately :/

I don't think I know who the person from a forum or Discord or anything, I think they might've been a random from Arena or AR.

Honestly, I don't care about ranking up in AR, I literally play just enough each week to stay in T21 and get the 5 battles bonuses. I'm sitting at 11,550 and am completely clear for the week. I think I might rematch them, beat the whole squad, and then forfeit on the last enemy to give 'em a free defense win, just to be cute or something. The only reason the thought entered my head was because they ruined my perfect defense week of lucky AR matchups, lol.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Weekly banner gave me 4 blue and one colorless. Randomly chose one of the blues but didn't end up with a focus unit.

Instead got my first Dimitri, so about time I got a 3H unit that wasn't F2P. Decent IVs with ATK+/HP-, that is until I merge him as long as managed a good boon at least.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Having too high of an atk is bad too, esp if you one shot the enemy.
That is true. Though in my experience, this only really applies in Infernal. BRoy can't OHKO neutral foes but will basically OHKO any non-tanky green in Arena or AR. That 3 attack doesn't make much difference. In Infernal challenges however, he dances around the line of OHKOing greens because of the massive HP buff. I don't think he can OHKO in Abyssal most of the time lol. That extra 3 attack can reassure more 2HKOs though. Sometimes he just misses out.

I will say I'm happy he doesn't have the atk requirement anymore and that Quick Reposte won't ruin my day. Guard is icing on the cake. I hate it when IS designs Legendary Hero challenges to have the Special immediately up.

Oct 25, 2017
Random rolls ahoy - twenty-two orbs later I was gifted with a Soiree Reinhardt, and cursed with an -ATK flaw. This friggin' game.
Also ended up with my second Nah, but I think I'm just gonna merge her.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, I'm not sure what I want to do wtih my f!byleth pitybreaker, but i've narrowed it down to two things:
  • Give her to my +10 Tailtiu since fury 4 is synergistic with her tome of thoron skill
  • Give her to my eldigan for fury memes
What should I do? 🤔

Edit: I don't consider keeping f!byleth a meaningful option, since if nothing else, my m!byleth pitybraeker means I can have a +1 m!byleth with objectively better stats than my f!byleth

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So now I've gotten a second Fallen Celica to go with my two Laegjarns I've pulled from the Soirée banner... ⚰️

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I finally did it, I made it into tier 21 of aether raids with enough lift that a full defense loss won't knock me out before the season ends.
hxmwDIP.jpg

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Build my -Atk Dancenee over the weekend. Had her eat one of the two sub-5* DK's i still had, so she buffs nearby allies with a Close Def effect of +8 Def / Res. If i ever get a merge for her, ideally with a better boon than Def, to undo the Atk bane, i'll also give her Brave Bow+ and either one of the Atk Wave skills or Joint Hone Atk/Spd. If i ever get fodder for these skills ... two if i ever get after another. Playing with the idea of giving her Sorcery Blade as the A-skill, with WoM for her B-skill, and her being a dancer, she's likley always around others, including magic users.

Panne re-run, easy enough thanks to no reinforcements. I didn't regret promoting one of her to 5*. She can really be incredible with the right setup.

GC is no fun this round, my team didn't even manage to get some area score during night, basically it's half 0 and half 1 so far. :[

Aero Good job! We welcome you to the dread tiers, now the cancer begins. ;D

Oct 25, 2017
Ask the internet for advice and memes are what you're gonna get.
Though if they ever release a Fury seal (though I highly doubt it), you'll be kicking yourself if you don't have a Fury 10 Eldigan.

Speaking of which, seeing how it's astra/anima season and I don't have a Duma, I just went memelord and put up a 6 Camilla defense team (still no Adrift Camilla).
I didn't expect an actual defense win, though. This season's already off to a great start.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Desire sensor is one heck of an infernal thing. New Power banner, i thought "pull blue for a shot at an merge for Lancinca", as usual for re-run banners i'm only doing the free pull, no blue orbs. Of course. 3 green orbs, but no blue orbs.

:[

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
My orb stash was at 5 when the Legendary banner ended and I had been scrambling every single orb reward the game had to offer since - Hero's path, GC, TT, etc. I think I have dumped all the 120+ orbs I have painstakingly earned into the Soiree banner and all I have gotten is a 4.25% pity rate...

At least the banner has 25 more days to go. RNG gods pleeeeeeeeeeassse I just want a dancing Ishtar who isn't -atk!

edit: this always happens when I snipe reds :(

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
My orb stash was at 5 when the Legendary banner ended and I had been scrambling every single orb reward the game had to offer since - Hero's path, GC, TT, etc. I think I have dumped all the 120+ orbs I have painstakingly earned into the Soiree banner and all I have gotten is a 4.25% pity rate...

At least the banner has 25 more days to go. RNG gods pleeeeeeeeeeassse I just want a dancing Ishtar who isn't -atk!

edit: this always happens when I snipe reds :(

I think sniping reds on a 4 heroes banner is one of the worst combinations. Save your orbs and wait, the new dancers will be featured in a legendary/mythic banner before this year ends, if i'm not getting some things wrong. ^^

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think saving orbs for the leg banners that feature them is the best idea. I am doing that for Berkut

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Especially since there are so many red legendary heroes... Ishtar is probably going to end up on some kind of rotation with L!Roy, L!Hrid, L!Eirika and the like.

It's nice that we got a new Tempest Trials to get our orb totals back up to pull for these units. But oh boy is pairing it with Grand Conquests a lot of auto-battling.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Free Lancina. This is actually huge since Seliph had trouble with sustain in AR, so now I can run noontime on him 😃

+hp - res, but shouldn't matter. Longterm, I'll likely phase out Kaden, but Jamke still needs him. I think, now that I finished Eliwood, Arvis might retire.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was gunning for Olivia on the performing banner rerun; was pitybroken (sort of?) by Shigure. Least I could merge him with the Shigure I had and get rid of an attack bane. I'll keep him around for the blue tome SP skill.

Then I was gunning for Berkut in the new dancer banner; was pitybroken by Selkie. And I also merged her with the one I had and got rid of an attack bane.

I'll consider both of these banners a win and move back to saving for upcoming banners.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Welp my fears are confirmed.

+ATK: With the release of Blazing Durandal's Refine, an Attack Asset is now ideal as Brave Roy gains more than enough Speed when Attacking thanks to his weapon and skills such as Swift Sparrow. Raising Roy's somewhat middling 32 Attack to a more respectable 35 base, this Asset lets Roy hit much harder and is a great choice in general.
Fuck me. I used a +atk to merge too.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Is that Gamepress? Because that sounds like gamepress.

+spd is optimal for B!Roy (or Eliwood for that matter). Galeforcing is about consistency, and even something like 50+ speed is welcome for that. Too much attack can actually be a bad thing, and while I feel the "one shotting" problem is a tad overemphasized, it still stands you don't really want more attack than necessary. This is especially true in AR where a.) most enemies are squishy and as long as you double you shouldn't have trouble killing b.) Yune's speed boost means you need more speed in light.

For PvE, I can see an argument for +atk, but it's PvE so I don't think it really matters since you can make anything work.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I actually never bothered with the AR meta because I'm clueless what to spent the aether stones on and how to place the structures. I'm still using the base structures lol

I guess it makes sense that speed isn't overkill in AR. I still see Wary Fighter way too often though.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
I think sniping reds on a 4 heroes banner is one of the worst combinations. Save your orbs and wait, the new dancers will be featured in a legendary/mythic banner before this year ends, if i'm not getting some things wrong. ^^

Since this banner is a monthly long, i'm just gonna religiously throw orbs at it until I get an Ishtar or something. After the pity is broken I think I may just follow your advice.

I mean, Ishtar might seem like a monster on paper, but her attack is too low to one shot stuff in Absymal difficulty and I'm thinking OG Celica is probably a better glass canon after all. But dammit if it isn't enticing to have a brave tome user who can consistently 4x attack since OG Orwen.^^;

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
The problem with all these shiny dancers is that they can only do one thing (fight or dance, not both). As a dancer you're outclassed by the omnipresent azura, or cheesed out by Micaiah's metachecking or Silvia's f2p status. Dancing another sweeper just seems more efficient to me rather than potentially getting 0x4.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Since this banner is a monthly long, i'm just gonna religiously throw orbs at it until I get an Ishtar or something. After the pity is broken I think I may just follow your advice.

I mean, Ishtar might seem like a monster on paper, but her attack is too low to one shot stuff in Absymal difficulty and I'm thinking OG Celica is probably a better glass canon after all. But dammit if it isn't enticing to have a brave tome user who can consistently 4x attack since OG Orwen.^^;

Well then, best of luck for Ishtar and no other pity breaker!

The problem with all these shiny dancers is that they can only do one thing (fight or dance, not both). As a dancer you're outclassed by the omnipresent azura, or cheesed out by Micaiah's metachecking or Silvia's f2p status. Dancing another sweeper just seems more efficient to me rather than potentially getting 0x4.

Looks like Ishtar follows vanilla Olwen. Reinhardt hits hard, Olwen can hit 4x but weak. Also, don't underestimate these dancers. Dancehardt with neutral Atk has one point less Atk than Spellhardt with an Atk boon.
Being 5* only and limited does hurt him compared to the easy mergeable Spellhardt, but still, with DB 3 (or even 4 if you're feeling whale) he hits *hard*. Same for Dancenee, she's basically Bridelia that can also dance.

Using my -Atk one in the TT, granted she has bonus stats there, but she literally tears through everything the game throws at me in the highest tier.

They're pretty useful imo, even powerful. They're just limited by * and being special heroes.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Well then, best of luck for Ishtar and no other pity breaker!

Looks like Ishtar follows vanilla Olwen. Reinhardt hits hard, Olwen can hit 4x but weak. Also, don't underestimate these dancers. Dancehardt with neutral Atk has one point less Atk than Spellhardt with an Atk boon.
Being 5* only and limited does hurt him compared to the easy mergeable Spellhardt, but still, with DB 3 (or even 4 if you're feeling whale) he hits *hard*. Same for Dancenee, she's basically Bridelia that can also dance.

Using my -Atk one in the TT, granted she has bonus stats there, but she literally tears through everything the game throws at me in the highest tier.

They're pretty useful imo, even powerful. They're just limited by * and being special heroes.
I mean I don't doubt that they're good - but blowing approximately 1/3 of a month's worth of orbs for one copy doesn't sound great for units that aren't groundbreaking, unlike stuff like Azura/Alm. Unless you like them.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Well what do you know, got my Ishtar after 3 more pulls... and you know theres always the catch... +def/-atk... with 39 atk I'm sure I'll be getting quite a few 0x4 lol.

Let's see if i can stick to my promise and not cave in to dump any more orbs into this banner.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I really don't get people's fascination with dragon tanks. I'm at the point where I look at my defense results, and before I press play, i see a dragon and already know what's going to happen. Of my five AR-D results this week, three of them have been omegatanks strats and always involved dragons. One of them died to my panic healer--a unit whose only job is literally just support!

It isn't necessarily Julia either; usually the dragon is dead before she can WoM in. But if they're thick enough to survive Nanna and either Ares or Finn, yeah, Julia usually delivers the final blow.

I haven't invested in a dragon tank, but I really don't see the appeal.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Low investment holdover from early Arena days. Lightning Breath is inheritable DC and trainee stats make Fae and Nowi well rounded infantry who score high with little weaknesses. I exclude ATiki because she doesn't have the trainee boost and her strongest build requires DC with her prf.

They've fallen off with power creep and dragon effective weapons but they're still good for most PvE content.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I don't use my dragons for AR because there are so many things that can kill them but for PvE they are still fine. I even still use Tiki and Nowi for Arena just because they are +10 and I'm too lazy to update my arena core.

Oct 25, 2017
these dancers really are just dumb...Just take dance off of them and you have some of the best units...

You could certainly do 3 dancers + dancer ishtar clears of abyssals just by taking dance off of her

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't doubt that they're good - but blowing approximately 1/3 of a month's worth of orbs for one copy doesn't sound great for units that aren't groundbreaking, unlike stuff like Azura/Alm. Unless you like them.
I got a +spd/-hp Ishtar from my free pull lol

I still use PAzura for abyssal challenges because of her prf but she can't do jack against anyone. At some point your positioning is so far off from each other because you want to snipe them at their spawning points. So having a dancer that can also dish out can be very helpful if your other unit is at a disadvantage. I use a Gronnblader which honestly isn't a terrible combo with red Ishtar. I do lose the +3 buff to all stats though. Hmmmm what to do.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
There is a legitimate question of how intsys should make dancers in a post-legzura world. It's very hard to compete with legzura's support.

But I do think, broadly, most people won't have a need for these new dancers. Dancers need something besides dancing in a post legzura world. Combat is a strange strange choice--attacking precludes and dancing, so unless you're consoliating niche roles--like HS micaiah does with armorslayers--you're often times want to dance your combat-oriented units. I do think, however, AR-O is a place where Ishtar/Reinhardt and lesser extent Nephenee actually make sense; for example, for people who plan to use BIke/Lancina and they only have one mythic, I can see an argument for Ishtar being the second support especially during non-water weeks. BIke's player phase is awful, Lucina's combat abilities aren't spectacular, so it may be you need Ishtar to get in, quickly delete a threat, and then be repo'd out in a pinch.

And for Ishtar/Reinhardt, not bothering with dance at all and treating them as the next strong flying mage a la Summer Leagjarn is a completely valid approach too.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
these dancers really are just dumb...Just take dance off of them and you have some of the best units...

You could certainly do 3 dancers + dancer ishtar clears of abyssals just by taking dance off of her
Hell you can do 4 ishtars with one taking off dance

Also iirc Berkut is tankier than a lot of launch units, the powercreep is just stupid

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
There is a legitimate question of how intsys should make dancers in a post-legzura world. It's very hard to compete with legzura's support.

Eh. L!Azura is really good but not the end all for dancers, I still use P!Azura in my infantry teams for example. And there is still a lot of stuff they can do with dancers, like in-combat buffs vs visible buffs (like Rinea), debuffing (for example, since P!Olivia is a dagger unit, maybe she does [Dagger 6] on dance?), giving those special status (like Trilemma gives Triangle Adept) to the danced unit, special acceleration, maybe the dancer can move again but after dancing they give [Isolation] to themselves so they can only attack or move but not dance again, heck even giving just the movement boost is interesting enough for me. I'm really curious for the Gen 1 dancers refines just to see what they'll do with it.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I actually rarely use Legzura because I struggle to find a use for her. She's used on AR for water/light and... that's it. But the point I was driving it is dancers going forward are going to be "a dancer that also does [x]," and I bregrudingly agree that x=player phase combat really isn't that great.

We saw with the herons that x was AoE healing, and AoE healing is very appreciated (I use Reyson over Legzura in AR-O astra because that healing soft-counters Duma). Infantry and melee can be useful in and of itself: Silvia can galeforce (flashing blade access) and infantry pulse, for example. But someone like B!Ninian who's just "a character who dances" but has nothing else--I don't think we'll see something like that in a post legzura world unless they're a demote.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I see. Yeah I agree, although what they've been giving dancers recently have been somewhat lackluster IMO. There's a lot of possibilities to make unique and useful dancers, but most of it is either stat boost or a regular weapon. There should me more stuff like Reyson/Leanne's AoE Healing and L!Azura movement extension.

Like I said, I'm really curious to see what they'll do with the refines. To this day I don't understand how Ninian of all people doesn't have a something extra given the whole ring mechanics from her game. I hope they do more unique stuff going forwards because It's hard to justify investing in new dancers.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I would like it if a dancer got a refinement (and prf) that basically acts as a feint skill when you dance an ally. This way you could position a hero, dance them, enemy close gets a debuff then and danced ally can take them out easier.
Or simply ... add those B-slot dance skills to their weapons. I don't feel like wasting the B-slot for these, WoM / Escape Route and/or Flier Formation / Aerobatics for flying dancers are way more useful than these dance skills.

There's still many Gen 1 heroes left who would benefit from a prf and refinement, like Fae or Nowi ... yet we just got the great Gen 1 Brave ones. I wonder if they're starting with Gen 2 heroes soon instead of finishing up Gen 1 heroes?

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
There will always be niches that other dancers can occupy, ranging from Micaiah (vantage, armor and cavalry check), Reyson (3 move dancer) to Silvia (high HP to avoid panics, flexible for def/galeforce, easy to merge). But the thing is these advantages are only really felt in high tier AR - anywhere else just run any dancer and they'll do fantasic.
Azura just provides the biggest and easiest buffs for every mode, and +1 movement and additional stat boosts just utterly tears apart any competition that even tries to encroach on her niche. I honestly feel that she will remain top tier till the end of the game unless something comes along that gives +2 movement. Heh

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a brainfart while making my daily TT clears ... Laegjarn's prf gives her bonus stats depending on the total bonuses of buffs on enemies. She comes with Chill Atk in her base kit ... doesn't that kinda work against her weapon? Never really thought about it.

Maybe i should just give her Guard, she's already a great physical wall, so delaying specials is sure going to benefit her.

I have attained a fair few Nina books though.

Great that there's now a dancer that can inherit the skill. ^^

Dancers with Valor skills are the best.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I just had a brainfart while making my daily TT clears ... Laegjarn's prf gives her bonus stats depending on the total bonus of buffs on enemies. She comes with Chill Atk in her base kit ... doesn't that kinda work against her weapon? Never really thought about it.

Maybe i should just give her Guard, she's already a great physical wall, so delaying specials is sure going to benefit her.
It doesn't. Skills don't work off bonuses only considers the buff part only; i.e. penalties don't "subtract" from bladetomes, Niu, Kaden, etc.

Panic, lull, and dull skills would work against her prf though.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't. Skills don't work off bonuses only considers the buff part only; i.e. penalties don't "subtract" from bladetomes, Niu, Kaden, etc.

Panic, lull, and dull skills would work against her prf though.
For dull and lull it depends if her weapon calculates things in combat or not
but yeah panics works against her weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.