• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get both accessories on Intermediate by using two attackers each with Guard and Astra, L!Azura dancing, and L!Ephraim with Galeforce cleaning up the adds. For Nah the attackers were L!Eliwood and B!Lucina (with special refine) and for Ephraim I used Titania and Cherche.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm worried that I don't have enough Virions for the next round. I should be able to kill Tobin and Cordelia with the same teams I used for Nah and Ephraim but Gunnthra and Claude will need new units.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Now I remember that I have Gray. He should be able to destroy Gunnthra and Claude with Zanbato+.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got off my duff and built an Panther Lance Abel for Nah and a Brave Axe+ Edelgard for Ephraim.
All those stockpiled Virions and Roys have paid off. Cain's going to get his prf for the next round for sure if Abel's performance is any indication.
The Edelgard team needs a little more attention, I missed the 150K threshold by 3K the first time.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Huh didn't know there were extra rewards for giving out a certain amount of damage on the Rokkr in one sitting. Meh, wasn't really paying attention to that addition; so as long as I grab orbs, sacred coins and refining shards, I'm cool. And this was after I thought I was going to miss out on the rewards you get for reaching 300K cumulative damage.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dorcas being on that banner reminds me that i really want to +10 him, but not as long as he is 5* exclusive. Man IS, why don't you just drop heroes like him to 3* / 4*. Or even just 4*.

Next Rokkrs are Gunnthra and Claude? Eh, hope none of them has Pass. I should build up one of my Nagis for Claude ... but i still can't decide wether to use the +Def or the +Res one and who's being foddered off afterwards.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get around 160k damage on Toby with Catria and her busted lance, not looking forward to Claude...

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Tobin was easy but I only made 120k damage at most to Gunnthra. It really hurts that my attackers can't counterattack on enemy phase.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Tobin was easy but I only made 120k damage at most to Gunnthra. It really hurts that my attackers can't counterattack on enemy phase.

If you have Elincia, try using her. Should be easy enough to make her quad Gunnthra, slap TA3 on her. Sucks that you can't use the Flashing Blade seal, although against Gunnthra, the Heavy Blade seal might work.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to reach 160k with Alphonse of all people hitting Gunnthra on the face with a Brave Sword for 7 turns, you can really get screwed by the reinforcements I swear like half of them were archers... I had 2 flying dancers

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
screenshot_20190926_1sbktv.jpg

Nice! I think this is the first time I managed to rout my opponent because I actually put effort into my defense team. A team with Surtr no less. Thanks KefkaFFVI and OmegaX for the tips! This is going to help a lot in not losing too much lift every week.

Oct 25, 2017
My luck with the recent banners has been really good - free Edelgard from a ticket, free Delthea from the weekly revival, and now a free Kana from the Fierce Stance banner.

I'm going to get wrecked on the Halloween banner, I just know it.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Thrasir was a nice surprise. I could assume Líf will wind up as a mythic hero as well. I assumed they would be saved for after book III; guess that honor could go to Gustav and Henriette.

Oh boy is she jam packed with a such a devastating skill set; conditional desperation holy shit!

This banner is also filled with so many great units. Or some skills probably.

Still no ValentIke though. And thought V!Soren already got reran but I guess not.

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The lesson here is that there's too many goddamn red units in the legendary/mythic pools, and we're probably getting Lif in two months (if not next month with Hel in November) to make it worse.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Thrasir is the first defense mythic that looks like she was intended as one. Her statline will be important, since for IP teams she'll receive the biggest nukes.

I'll pick a colorless and leave. Sudden panic and a second Eir would be nice, and genny has a neat staff. Green is backup since panic smoke is nice. But there's nothing here I'd want to spend orbs on.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Finally, I was able to destroy Gunnthra with just Palla and 3 dancers. Having 2 attackers is too difficult to manage against a ranged Rokkr because it moves all over the place.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Darn it, I didn't know there were new rewards for Rokkr sieges. Completely missed out on those new accessories.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Not-Veronica as the mythic, huh? Guess that means no repeat of last years enemies of Book 2 banners. Because with this banner, i don't see Not-Fonse and Hel being anything else but mythics.

Only question is Ghostave. Maybe he's on a Fallen or Farfetched Heroes banner?

I can't for the life of mine reach those 150k points for Gunnthra. Though i'm also constantly fucked over by reinforcement RNG. I run a full flier team with Elincia with Astra and TA3 and 3 dancers, and i've never, NEVER seen so many archer reinforcements in this mode. Mostly the cav ones too, just to make sure they reach my fliers.

New weapons and refinements! This time, it's Hawkguy, Freddie and Virion. Lute get's a refinement for her prf tome. Looking forward to Hawkguy and Freddie, both already have potential, give them great weapons and refinements!

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colorless and green look good for me this time around. I still don't have a Yune, missed V!Genny the first time around, F!Corrin is great, and Eirs are always welcome. I'm interested in seeing Frederick's refine since I use him all the time in Arena Assault.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I can't for the life of mine reach those 150k points for Gunnthra. Though i'm also constantly fucked over by reinforcement RNG. I run a full flier team with Elincia with Astra and TA3 and 3 dancers, and i've never, NEVER seen so many archer reinforcements in this mode. Mostly the cav ones too, just to make sure they reach my fliers.
I think it's better to take out one of those dancers and have a unit that goes around killing the reinforcements instead of either ignoring them or having your attacker go after them.
I did it using 8 axes on Intermediate with Elincia, Palla, Veronica, and a Heron. Veronica can kill pretty much any reinforcement and together with a Heron has the range to basically cover the whole map.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen speculation on reddit that this early banner video (3 days) and the early update announcement with only the refinements named might point to a new Feh Channel in the upcoming days. What do you guys and gals think?

I think it's better to take out one of those dancers and have a unit that goes around killing the reinforcements instead of either ignoring them or having your attacker go after them.
I did it using 8 axes on Intermediate with Elincia, Palla, Veronica, and a Heron. Veronica can kill pretty much any reinforcement and together with a Heron has the range to basically cover the whole map.

Thanks, managed it now. But it also took me 20k feathers to give my 4* +10 Palla her 5* exclusive weapon and refinement. I'm somewhat more upset about the feathers than about the Divine Dew, as i have like 1k refinement stones and still 1.1k Dew left. ^^

But you know this game, after you reluctantly spend some resources to rank better, the game decides not to RNG-punk you anymore. Only 1 archer reinforcement, and the rest was only armoured who took too long to reach my units. Even then, they mostly were axe armors, so my Palla and Elincia would've dealt with them on enemy phase without issue. ^^

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Pretty surprising lineup for refines. Could expect in regards to basic effects for Frederick and Hawkeye. Making my own personal predictions, would be great their effect refines had follow up prevention on foe or allows them to make a guaranteed follow up to make up for their poor speed.

For Lute, I could see her ploy ability getting expanded maybe adding res to the mix in her base effect at least. Maybe add flashing blade as her effect refine to accommodate her speed and her speed debuffing skills.

Virion is definitely open to interpretation given that he only has a silver bow as of now. Definitely isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, given he doesn't really excel at any of his stats. Plus not to mention the existence of better archers out there, so I'm surprised it took awhile for him to get his prf weapon. His weapon and effect refine should definitely buff up his offensive potential. How IS could that, I guess we'll wait and see.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
In a dream world, they refine Lute's special quotes to include "Repent, motherfucker". Failing that, omni-ploy would be nice.

ETA: Virion dumped everything into HP, so some sort of Infantry Pulse-like effect?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Frederick refine is exciting, Hawkeye too.

I'll pass on the mythic banner. Duma works fine on my anima defense team, so better to save orbs for something more interesting.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hawkguy's axe in the notification looks "Tomahawk"-y. Maybe he gets some similar conditional DC like Saber got with Golden Dagger? Saber also came with a Slaying weapon first, and Hawkguy also comes with one.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Lute getting a refine is hype, she is superior after all, also this opens the doors for Mia and Dorcas getting a refine next

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
That's a nice looking Mythic, I'm likely going Green and Red for a few hundred orbs.

Happy with these new refines as well, I'm hoping Hawkeye in particular gets something nice.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Frederick should get a better Brave Axe like Cherche but the refined effect should be something completely different like DB4.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I am just waiting for goddess Mathilda to get a hopefully busted refine, sadly I think she may get a support refine, I even have both a +Atk and +Spd versions just in case

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered I merged a 5* Fred into a 4*+10 one. Unless the refine is broken as heck, I'm not spending 20k feathers on it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So Cordelia is super easy, she even comes with TA3 to make your life easier, but...
Any Idea how to beat claude?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Claude is a problem because he murders Reyson. Maybe a 4 attackers team that aren't fliers? Mages with Raven tomes come to mind. Unfortunately I never build a Robin so all I have is Cecilia.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I found a strategy on Reddit I was able to copy.
You have Elincia and Iote's Shield (although I guess any brave weapon with enough speed to quad will do), two ranged dancers and one melee dancer and get them in the following position:
dvmHQUv.jpg

Claude will always attack the melee dancer since they can't counter and all you do is attack with Elincia four times every turn and ignore reinforcements. Elincia has breath of life to heal the dancers and noontime to make sure she always has enough HP for guard to be active. The melee dancer has guard too so Claude doesn't build special off her, and all the dancers have Spur Atk and the Spur Atk/Drive Atk/Attack Tactics seals to maximise Elincia's attack (maybe I only needed them because mine is -Atk though).

It still took me several attempts because depending on what reinforcements you get they might change Claude's AI and mess everything up. On one attempt a red unit spawned near Young Azura and got her to low enough health that Claude moved and attacked her since he could kill her, and on another a bow cavalier spawned and attacked Elincia from the defense tile so she was no longer in guard range so Claude was able to get special charge and messed up my positioning.
Also, if Claude has already taken some damage before you start and you can reduce him to 1 HP before you reach the 150k target, noontime will no longer heal Elincia so she'll quickly go out of guard range.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'll try that strategy with Caeda. She may not quad attack but she has effective damage and Flashing Blade effect so it should do similar damage.

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found a strategy on Reddit I was able to copy.
You have Elincia and Iote's Shield (although I guess any brave weapon with enough speed to quad will do), two ranged dancers and one melee dancer and get them in the following position:
dvmHQUv.jpg

Claude will always attack the melee dancer since they can't counter and all you do is attack with Elincia four times every turn and ignore reinforcements. Elincia has breath of life to heal the dancers and noontime to make sure she always has enough HP for guard to be active. The melee dancer has guard too so Claude doesn't build special off her, and all the dancers have Spur Atk and the Spur Atk/Drive Atk/Attack Tactics seals to maximise Elincia's attack (maybe I only needed them because mine is -Atk though).

It still took me several attempts because depending on what reinforcements you get they might change Claude's AI and mess everything up. On one attempt a red unit spawned near Young Azura and got her to low enough health that Claude moved and attacked her since he could kill her, and on another a bow cavalier spawned and attacked Elincia from the defense tile so she was no longer in guard range so Claude was able to get special charge and messed up my positioning.
Also, if Claude has already taken some damage before you start and you can reduce him to 1 HP before you reach the 150k target, noontime will no longer heal Elincia so she'll quickly go out of guard range.
This worked for me. Thanks for posting it! It took a few tries. One failed because I mis-tapped and put Elincia in the wrong place and another failed when I had some bad reinforcement luck with an axe infantry that took out Azura in turn 5. It was fine till then but went pear-shaped fast. Third time was the charm though!

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
How the hell did you guys manage to do enough damage with Elincia? Mine is +ATK with the same skills as the strategy and I only do around 136k, I was even lucky enough with the reinforcements and had my 3 dancers refreshing her from turn 2 all the way to end and it still was not enough, they are all equipped with drives and spurs to buff Elincia.

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did you guys manage to do enough damage with Elincia? Mine is +ATK with the same skills as the strategy and I only do around 136k, I was even lucky enough with the reinforcements and had my 3 dancers refreshing her from turn 2 all the way to end and it still was not enough, they are all equipped with drives and spurs to buff Elincia.
My Elinicia is +3 but neutral. Normally that means 46 Atk with Amiti not counting DB3 or the SS2 refine, but I got her up 50 Atk by doing this:

(65-25)/10 = +4 Atk. I just went ahead and switched over to Elinicia as soon as the battle began and went from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.