• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the way that pity rate increases?

I always thought that the rate resets after you finish a session, no matter when you pulled a 5*. So if you pulled in order 5*, 4*, 3*, 4*, 3*, your rate is reset to base. After 5 non-5* it goes up to base+0.25. If you had a high pity and pulled a 5*, it made sense to finish the circle since you'd still have that rate.

But on this mythic banner I pulled a 5* in my first full circle, so that should reset to 8%. I then pulled 5, 5, and 3, and my focus rate went up to 9.5%, not 9%. Did it start counting again after I pulled a 5* (within the session), thus resetting the rate?

Edit: seems like this always existed: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...that_pity_rates_start_off_in_the_middle_of_a/

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've finally hit my end point with FE Heroes. Realised that I can't be bothered playing it and missing a fair chunk of the past few events.

Ah well, it was a nice ride and I might jump back if something happens in the future. Got a solid 2 and a half(?) years out of it so pretty good innings :).

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yup a break is always good. So take as much time as you'd like Virus.

Meanwhile, guess this will be my final haul as I was at 10% pity rate before starting the summoning session.

L!Eliwood - ATK+/RES-

Eir - Neurtal IVs

Think I'll just fodder those units off, since I feel my current Eliwood (also ATK+ and merged) and Eir (is SPD+ and merged) are in the right place, plus already also having a neutral Eir as well.

These summoning sessions were not generous in giving me green lol!

Edit: Alright so fodder Eliwood to Halloween Jakob for DB4 and the rally skill, because why not for the former.

Of course if helps for arena scoring.

But now there is Mystic Boost. I know dragon-busting units would love to have this skill, but not likely on a unit that already has something great occupying the b slot like fighter skills and Binding Shield.

Last edited:

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Ilyana, Dozla, and Hall of Forms were the highlights for me. Hall of Forms is like that dungeon mode I've always wanted. Ilyana looks super cute and Dozla is just a cool addition.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
This first duo hero is a huge bait, you get 185 BST out of it but there is no higher +10 orb cost than a red unit on a 4-unit banner.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Pretty interesting stuff. Gardening and making food in Aether Resort. And looking forward to Hall of Forms.

More orbs and feathers to collect! And rewards in general thanks to the new modes.

Halloween lineup is pretty interesting.

Once again I grumble that Rolf isn't a red bow unit. Could have maybe not have him share the exact same class as fellow free unit Louise.

The duo ability looks interesting, now we go past 180 bst. And Hector rocking the beard and carrying Lilina!

And never could I imagine L'Arachel being a mad scientist.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
That duo skill seems pretty busted on AR. It's basically a moving bolt tower. I hope it can't be used there but they said "any map".

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling for Ilyana for sure. Hector/Lilina looks... complex.

Hall of Forms may be the only event where your existing roster is a total non-factor. No gatcha, no free units, no nothin'.
Even Tap Battle requires 4 units from your roster, even if they're lvl1.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Byleth brought along gardening and cooking from the Monastery. That L'Arachel will be hard to resist. Hey Dozla. Been forever since we got a new Sacred Stones character. Full speed ahead on the powercreep I guess. Hall of Forms looks potentially really cool at least.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good FEH Channel. I don't care at all about Aether Resort stuff, but that Hall of Forms mode looks like it'll be fun. FEH doesn't really scratch that Fire Emblem itch of leveling characters through a campaign. While I'm not expecting it to be that balanced (or even hard), it'll be fun to play around with weird versions of those units.

Hector & Lilina is going to rock the AR meta pretty hard, I'd imagine. Makes certain Vantage sweeps much easier, hurts many bulky defense comps that relies on tanking. If they are bulky enough as an armor unit, I bet they could soak Def/Res chills and stuff. I like the concept a lot, there are a ton of fun combos they could do. Just hoping it doesn't end up being broken. It doesn't seem like it would be, but people tend to break new mechanics pretty quickly...

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The new Hall of Forms mode intrigued me the most. If this is a way to let us toy around with units and skills we may not have, I'm down for it.

The celebration stuff sounds pretty nifty too. I appreciate we're going to get another 5x EXP/SP thing soon. It'll make raising a bunch of units much easier.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I know most banners usually have one character that is clearly the best on the banner, but for this one especially it feels like every other unit is just a pity breaker for Hector.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hall of Forms has the potential to be super interesting, looking forward to it.

L'Arachel makes little devil horns with her hand! And that Duo Hero stuff looks interesting as well, being able to use those Duo Skills even in Arena, AA and AR will make things sure easier. AND HECTOR WITH THE BEARD!
Halloween banners continue to be among the coolest stuff in the game.

Using the Aether Resort to grow Dragon Flowers is pretty nifty. 5 Flower per harvest sure is not much, but hey, it's something.

I wish they had also made abyssals from the missing GHBs so far, and maybe a new increase for Hero Merit. But all in all, good Feh Channel and nice new things for the game.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Thought I'd be able to skip the Halloween banner, but then Hector appeared. 💸

It's really great to see a seasonal event with 3 male units, keep it up FEH.

The new Aether Resort structures look cool too.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Hall of Forms looks really cool.

They're just building up the Aether Resort as it's own little game now too lol.

Duo heroes are conceptually cool but mechanically dumb.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Hall of Forms looks amazing. Really like the Aether Resort update. Haverst "events" are nice as well. Not too into the Halloween units, they keep adding new characters trough seasonals, this annoys me to no end. Duo units feel weird, especially since they've practically just introduced pair up.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Hall of forms is great.

But I do not like the duo hero. If it's not allowed on AR, it's fine. But otherwise, it's just a huge headache to deal with that essentially derails entire investments in AR-D. And if they introduce Isolate as a duo skill 😣

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Not too excited about the FEH Channel honestly.

Aether Resort update looks good, adding some new buildings that give rewards that are actually useful is a nice improvement over what we have currently. I wish the buildings that already exist were updated to be more useful instead of just funny.

Halloween banner... I'd normally be excited for a L'Arachel art but I don't have too many orbs and I'm burn-out on Sacred Stones alts. At least Dozla is a new hero I guess.

Duo Heroes... Not a big fan. This particular pair is cute but for the most part it feels like IS running out of ideas for new heroes. The Duo Skill in particular is something that regular heroes could have and could replace effects like Skadi's.

Halloween celebration is on the meh side of celebrations, not too many orbs compared to like Golden Week/Summer. It's still free stuff though.

Finally, Hall of Forms. It looks a little intriguing but I'm a bit sad that the rewards seem to be just orbs and feathers. IMO IS needs to spice up the rewards of new modes. Create new items that grant merges or let us change assets instead of always gifting orbs and feathers and new modes would be a lot more exciting.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I think the real pertinent question we all need to have at this time is when will the inevitable Devdan/Danved duo unit be dropped?

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I'm calling it now, the introduction of Duos is paving the way for the introduction of Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters to tie into the re-release.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Duo Heroes open the floodgates to a whole lot of possible combinations, just with 3H alone they can come up with a tons of duos

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Resort changes are nice but now I regret burning all my resources on music and AR stones.

Hall of Forms is interesting. Requires strategy and can't be beaten with a guide, though to compensate I bet it's easy.

The Halloween art is great. Duo Hero and skill just looks like whale bait; it's going to be fun seeing BFjorm and Heclina run through defense teams.

Reflex

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I just had the most miserable summoning session. hit 5.5%/5.5% on Splendid Soiree and pity broken by Hilda thats not even a banner hero. 50 straight summons without a 5* this banner is such a scam.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I just had the most miserable summoning session. hit 5.5%/5.5% on Splendid Soiree and pity broken by Hilda thats not even a banner hero. 50 straight summons without a 5* this banner is such a scam.

That's the RNG for you. You are either lucky or unlucky.

Edit: And well crap. The Reinhardt kicked the bucket against Inigo. The latter came back by a multiplier.

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've been saving orbs for Nephenee's return banner in the hopes that I might be able to get the last 4 merges I needed for +10, and... what can I say, the gacha really got me this time :(

475 orbs yielded...

- Nephenee (within 20 orbs, I felt really good at this point)
- Sanaki
- Ishtar
- Azura
- Ylgr
- Sumia
- Katarina

So yeah, not even much useful fodder and Nephenee still needs 3 more merges, lol. Sigh...

Oct 25, 2017

Inheritable Fury 3 weapons might be the big surprise here. Rolf's bow being the same would mean a lot of angry archers out there.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, kinda unimpressed with the banner. Fury 3 kinda bores me these days, even within weapons, and the skills are kind of a shrug.

I'm gonna save my orbs for Christmas EliRoy. C'mon, Year of Eliwood, you know you got one left in ya.

Well, I've been saving orbs for Nephenee's return banner in the hopes that I might be able to get the last 4 merges I needed for +10, and... what can I say, the gacha really got me this time :(

475 orbs yielded...

- Nephenee (within 20 orbs, I felt really good at this point)
- Sanaki
- Ishtar
- Azura
- Ylgr
- Sumia
- Katarina

So yeah, not even much useful fodder and Nephenee still needs 3 more merges, lol. Sigh...

Ouch, that sucks, man. Sorry for your crappy luck. :(

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Darn. Didn't even really do much for the VG today. May have missed out on getting a lot of feathers for not ranking high enough. Eh was mostly sidetracked after checking out It: Chapter 2, I forgot to do any VG sessions lol.

Don't know how I feel about the Halloween banner. Kind of mixed on the general theme of fury weapons. Hector does at least have an interesting b skill (pretty sure also armor exclusive) that mixes bold, vengeful and wary fighter but in certain turns.

I will at least hope I'm lucky to get Dr. L'Aranstien. She has such a bizzare design that I wouldn't expect to exist in the FE universe.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, skill-wise, that's one weak banner. Fury 3 weapons aren't really that good at this point. Even HectorLina is preeeetty conditional with his odd turn number requirements. Pretty certain Rolf also has a Fury 3 bow then.

Dozla has one big problem, Winter Cecilia. Depending on his stat-spread, she might even come with a better weapon.
Ilyana looks like a blue Vamphenry, though Vamphenry looks way cooler with his huge coffin.
L'Arachel, love the theme, but a cav mage and a new ruse skill which i personally don't really like make it hard to look appealing.
HectorLina, i guess that Duo effect is the reason why they come with Odd Follow Up 3 instead of any Fighter skill. Cooldown reduction on top of this would be broken. Oh well, this banner comes at least with Bold Fighter, if one feels like not using OF3. Guess the enemy HP threshold and the Duo effect make up a bit for the weapons situational stuff, though they have to get in position for that, too.

For next years Halloween banner, i hope they get a bit more creative than just Witch, Frankenstein, Vampire again. L'Arachel is a good idea, but we need mummies, and the Laguz/Beasts pretty much want a Werewolf costume.

If that banner runs for the whole month again, i'd wait what the New Heroes banner for this month will be, pretty sure it's Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019. So there's potentially more interesting units and skills there, save for the HectorLina here.

E:

Scratch HectorLina, got a better name. Lilictor!

Some Warhammer 40K flavor in there! ^^

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Got Edelgard from a free pull. I thought sweet but when I checked her skills I was like what the heck this is garbage where are the level 4 skills?

The pain of being a gacha player.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Did i miss some news or why are there people on reddit talking about a possible demotion of Dr. L'Arachel because she has Swift Sparrow 2 instead of 3? Like ... the one type of banner with new heroes that doesn't need any demotion talk to begin with.

Got Edelgard from a free pull. I thought sweet but when I checked her skills I was like what the heck this is garbage where are the level 4 skills?

The pain of being a gacha player.

Give her Galeforce and she shows you that she doesn't need level 4 skills to wipe teams. Or give her Sol/Aether and she shows you how not to die without level 4 skills. ;D

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Can she really solo though? I'd imagine BIke is a better solo unit.

Sure, BIke is better at surival, but i used her with Sol during her Arena week with Heavy Blade seal, and keeping her alive wasn't an issue. Ultimately, she would work better with a Player Phase Galeforce build.

Her hitting like a truck and easily passing the Heavy Blade requirement sure helps. Keep in mind, without weapon, she has the second highest Atk of all heroes not being armored, only Keaton is better. But with her weapon included, she has the highest infantry Atk, with Cooldown Reduction and an almost guaranteed Follow Up effect on top of that.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Did some light summoning looking for Leanne or Lethe, got Fallen Tiki, Nina, and my first vanilla Azura.

Gacha.

EDIT: Went in again and got Innes lol, at least my benched archers are getting merges.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pretty receptive to the Fury weapons, but I'll agree that the other skills in this banner are quite underwhelming.
They're just lucky this seasonal theme is my favorite. I'll still be gunning for Ilyana and Hector/Lilina and will just dump tons of fodder into them if I get them (big ol' if). I'd pull for Doctor L too but I'm loaded with recent green units.

Did i miss some news or why are there people on reddit talking about a possible demotion of Dr. L'Arachel because she has Swift Sparrow 2 instead of 3? Like ... the one type of banner with new heroes that doesn't need any demotion talk to begin with.
Yeah, don't know why they're even considering it - seasonals are limited and never demote!

Speaking of vanilla Azura, I wish they'd just give her a Skuld/Urdr refine already. Nobody's using her for her Sapphire Lance. Make the refine Infantry based or something, it doesn't have to be as busted as Grey Waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.