• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
My free pull gave me Leanne. She is +def -spd but I don't care. I always wanted her and she won't see combat anyway.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Very disappointed with the skillsets on this banner. I was kinda looking forward to L'Ara but she only getting Sparrow 2 was quite a blow. I don't understand why IS does this honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
At least there are some Halloween cavalry heroes this year, we've also had two fliers and one infantry.
Now Christmas, that's the real armor holiday.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if their plan was to tease the banner and then assign skills based on the reaction and feedback.

People seemed to like the art and the Duo hero, so they got average skills.

Final haul on the mythic banner was three(!) Genny, a Hrid, and an Ephraim.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
That Adrift banner was some bullshit. They just love to make banners with no demotions for no reason at all.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I don't see why Farfetched/Redux would be in November. They've always been held as normal banners, and both have always appeared after the Halloween banner (which is the upcoming one). Likely bet would be in late October.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't see why Farfetched/Redux would be in November. They've always been held as normal banners, and both have always appeared after the Halloween banner (which is the upcoming one). Likely bet would be in late October.

FFH1 appeared mid November, which was after Halloween 1 I suppose, but I don't feel the proximity to Halloween is relevant. We've had one paralogue (cyl or seasonal) and one new chapter every month this year. Given FFH3 is a paralogue, there's only place for it, and that's November, without breaking that pattern.

It's true ffh2 was early October, but I feel the interim between book 2 and 3 is a weak gauge of what to expect. Something just felt unusual, as if feh was bidding time until book 3, and I wouldn't be surprised if the FFH2 banner was bumped to make October relatively strong compared to dreadful November.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Oh yea, I forgot about them being paralogues. That said FFH2 was super weird given how it was tied to a forging bond instead of the typical TT.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
That Adrift banner was some bullshit. They just love to make banners with no demotions for no reason at all.

IKR? I'm still pretty bitter that the the banner with Keaton, Kaden, Velouria and Selkie didn't see a demote!

Oh yea, I forgot about them being paralogues. That said FFH2 was super weird given how it was tied to a forging bond instead of the typical TT.

Plus a GHB since Aversa was part of the lineup.

Really hope for a TT+ for this year's brave redux.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah no update today with the refinements. Overkill tomorrow then, update, Halloween stuff, refinements ... at least Hall of Forms is the day after.

AA yesterday was some hot garbage again, yeeesh. Managed to get my best position yet, ~730, but the way to that was hard. Not only was i graced by L'Alm in nearly each match, no, thanks to Wind week he came with good old Bowcina on top. Because one bullshit archer isn't enough. I saw them more than the various Armor-Tikis ... which is kinda impressive when i think of it.
Honestly, the elemental blessing stuff should have some effect on def teams, simply that people don't just all park the same units there, no matter how bullshit they are.

IKR? I'm still pretty bitter that the the banner with Keaton, Kaden, Velouria and Selkie didn't see a demote!

I hoped so hard for Velouria, Kaden would've been cool too. Never had any hope for Keaton and Selkie though. Keaton has the highest weaponless Atk of all infantry and iirc only gets beaten by some ... 3 or 4 armors and a freaking Brave weapon on top of it.

The funny thing about the Adrift banner is ... the only unit i still see getting used is freaking Smolzura, the others only if i happen to run into a dedicated fan of those chars. So honestly, if one or two of them would've been demoted, they would see much more use than now. ^^

E: About a TT for Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019 ... well not looking good. IS treats it as a "New Heroes" banner, and those get GHBs. If its this months banner, the TT goes to Halloween as we already know. And from the two CYL "runner-up" banners, only one got a GHB, last years one with Aversa.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for DP, but the update just went live. Strange that this happend so late.

Anyway, refinements:

Hawkeye gets a prf Slaying Axe, refinement is an Lull Atk/Def passive. -3 Atk/Def in-combat debuff and enemy buffs on Atk/Def will get nulled.
Lute's tome regular effect after refinement is basically Aversa's debuff. Enemy Res < Lute's Res -3 and enemy is next to another enemy will result in a Spd/Res -5 debuff. Special refinement is debuff on enemy = +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res in-combat for Lute ... though the german translation seems to have an error and/or is wonky.

Can't look for Freddie right now, not enough SP, and Virion because i don't have a 5* one. ^^

E1: Well, at least one thing, Freddie's axe is an anti-armor prf. Virions bow is a HP based Panic Ploy. Enemy HP < Virions HP -1 and enemy is next to another enemy.

E2: Freddie's refinement is Death Blow 3.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So .... the Tap Battle button in the Events list is gone. RIP or error?

Also, Virions refinement is basically Lute's refinement. If Virions max HP at the start of combat is >= enemy HP +1, then he get's +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat.

One of the most mismatched combination is probably an armored dagger unit. Somewhere there's a Dozla fan who's weeping right now.

And yet they still can't design a dancer on a horse. I bet you we'll see an armored dancer sooner.

Your "cav" dancers are the herons, they have that 3 tile movement when transformed. ;]

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most mismatched combination is probably an armored dagger unit. Somewhere there's a Dozla fan who's weeping right now.

And yet they still can't design a dancer on a horse. I bet you we'll see an armored dancer sooner.
I'm not sure why you would want a three movement dancer, they would be a pain to deal with.
At least the heron's movement is conditional and after the first turn the ai makes no effort to keep them away from humans

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I reckon the strengths of Herons as a player unit outweights the strengths of a potential horse dancer as an AI unit. At least horses are limited by terrain.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Huh that's gonna feel personally disappointing for me if Tap Battle is removed.

And interesting weapon refines. Fred could have been better, but ups his strength anyhow. Hawkeye and Lute got a good one too. And Virion has come a long way; I take it the new eff refine refers to just having a bigger HP cap than the opponent in order to get the in-combat buff.

And Rolf's skills are as follows:

Bow /w built-in Fury
Shove
Desperation (5*)
Odd SPD Wave (4*)

Ok that last skill I did not see coming. Just gotta see what new Sacred Seals we are getting.

Sigrun and Death Knight now at the grail shop.

And new AR structures that have to do with the new Duo units.

And Halloween unit stats:

7sm8hqn54br31.jpg

Edit: Apparently these will be the new Sacred Seals we'll get:

Swift Stance (SPD/RES)
Chill DEF - that just now leaves Chill Res
And.... defiant ATK - hahahahahahahahaha!

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Defiant Atk? Oh i get it! A horrible seal for a Halloween trick!

IS get's Halloween good!

Seriously, no one need this shit skill, neither as a skill, nor as a seal.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Fred got really shafted by his refine. An EP focused hero is now better at PPing armors, yay?

Virion got a good refine. Sudden Panic is a strong effect and the refine is nice too.

Hawkeye's a bit boring but quite functional. Probably makes him competitive with Libra.

Lute's has me a bit torn. I'm not sure if I prefer Sabotage or Ploy as her base effect. The refine is good though.

L'Arachel has a good offensive statline but I'm still pissed that she has Swift Sparrow 2.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda like Rolf's statline. Can get to 42 base speed if you gave him double Fury, has Desperation in his base kit, has speed wave. Has just enough defensive stats where he could theoretically tank something first if you needed to send him out there. Not a mind-blowing unit for Tempest Trials, but decent.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Defiant Atk? Oh i get it! A horrible seal for a Halloween trick!

IS get's Halloween good!

Seriously, no one need this shit skill, neither as a skill, nor as a seal.

I'm honestly surprised IS took that long to make a defiant skill a sacred seal but eh definitely won't touch that with a 10-foot pole. Plus not to mention there are just better ways to buff units without going through reaching such an unfair HP threshold.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, i'm a bit down on Hawkguy's refinement, i really hoped he would get a situational DC just like Saber got. Lull is great, don't get me wrong, but with his slaying effect on the weapon, it would've been a more nifty refinement.

I'm honestly surprised IS took that long to make a defiant skill a sacred seal but eh definitely won't touch that with a 10-foot pole. Plus not to mention there are just better ways to buff units without going through reaching such an unfair HP threshold.

I'd guess they're starting to run out of "lower" skills to add as seals. Going by how the introduce skills, there's a point when they have to consider premium skills.

I mean ... Brazen Atk/Def, Brazen Atk/Res and Brazen Atk/Spd are already available. Why would i use Defiant Anything over one of those?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'd guess they're starting to run out of "lower" skills to add as seals. Going by how the introduce skills, there's a point when they have to consider premium skills.

I mean ... Brazen Atk/Def, Brazen Atk/Res and Brazen Atk/Spd are already available. Why would i use Defiant Anything over one of those?
And to even add more to the uselessness of defiant skills, you'll be more prone to being hit by the panic status when reaching the HP threshold.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I gave Frederick and Hawkeye their refinements. Freddy's is a bit boring, but nothing wrong with making him a better anti-armor unit I guess.

If Virion ends up in the next arena bonus rotation, I might build him, too...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If Virion ends up in the next arena bonus rotation, I might build him, too...

Really convenient that C Duel Infantry directly adds to his weapon passive and refinement, am i right? ^^

And to even add more to the uselessness of defiant skills, you'll be more prone to being hit by the panic status when reaching the HP threshold.

Oh shit, i forgot that Defiant skills give visible buffs instead of in-combat like Brazens. Yeah, beyond shitty. My god. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Defiant skills are like worse Brazens. If they ever do a level 4 defiant skill, they'll have to change it completely like the did the the Push skills.

Nov 7, 2017
Having to wait a whole week to get ingredients to make new dishes is too long. Should be a daily reset. Dragonflowers can be limited to one week.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think defiant skills are doomed, the base skill is too useless so even a tier 4 version can't save it
I think the next weak a skill that needs a buff that isnt unsalvageable like defiant are the boost skills, make the tier 4 versions scale with max hp like virion's weapon and give it an extra effect on top.
Example: Fire boost 4: In combat, if max HP>= enemies max HP grants +8 atk and double visibles atk buffs

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
So I haven't really used that many orbs the last 9 months or so and I have ~1500 atm, should I just go all in on Hector+Lilina? Seems pretty strong and would help my arena team which hasn't made 21 before. I feel like 1500 isn't enough for +10 especially on a red unit but it would be cool to have a merged seasonal unit since I barely have any.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I have read some horror stories about people trying to +10 units with 2500+ orbs, so yeah...also keep in mind this is a 4 unit banner so even lower rates of pulling the character you want, specially from the red pool

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
2500... Yikes. Maybe I'll just grab one and deal with whatever damage that does to my stash then aim for an early-mid next year seasonal unit and keep focusing on 3-4 star and grail merges

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus Winter Cecilia will be the highlight of my FEH life this week. My AR match today consisted of smiting her into the middle of the enemy team with zero support and watching them all die a silly death. This could be the easiest T27 week ever, for anyone who's built and merged her.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Building a Virion is so tempting now. I have C-Duel Infantry sitting around too. He's not as supportive in Arena as Aversa, but I could also save 1000+ grails by skipping building her up.

Bonus Winter Cecilia will be the highlight of my FEH life this week. My AR match today consisted of smiting her into the middle of the enemy team with zero support and watching them all die a silly death. This could be the easiest T27 week ever, for anyone who's built and merged her.

Geez, you weren't kidding. They just all exploded when I sent Cecilia out there. She's my Astra season armor tank too, that works out really nicely. Fjorm, L!Hector, and Thrasir would all be decent on offense too. This is a pretty nice rotation of units.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Lemme guess, you need Close Counter... Or do you use Distant Defense?

Edit: Wow, Duo's Indulgence. They're really trying to sell Hector & Lilina to whales, huh? They even changed the app icon lol

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Wow, Duo's Indulgence. They're really trying to sell Hector & Lilina to whales, huh? They even changed the app icon lol

Speaking of, is anyone else getting a weird app icon glitch on iOS (maybe on Android too)? When I enter and exit the game the Hector/Lilina overlay vanishes briefly and then reappears. This is weird to me since I never knew app icons on iOS could technically have layers to them.

Anyway, just a dumb thing I happened to notice. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.