• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Tickets got me nothing, but the rest of my saved up orbs got me a Lilictor, -Def / +Spd, and a Dr. L'Arachel, -Res / +Spd. ... Where are those +Spd pulls when i need them? Shame about the -Def bane on Lilictor, but manageable.
For the ... nth time, really sick of counting, i got way more 3* than 4*. If this keeps up, then i simply don't believe the % values IS states in the game. This almost feels like in the beginning with 50% for 3*.

Also got a -Spd / +Res Bantu, this will be the base unit for my merge project.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Summoned any red orbs that appeared during my free summon and tickets but got nothing so no duo skill for me I guess, now back to saving for this month's legendary banner.

Also good job IS for adding two quests that give out orbs for building resort structures that were added the day before and having them not be retroactive, so if you built the structures when they were added you can't finish the quests.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's one orb, the other quest is planting a thing in there, and that runs long enough to do it next week, but yeah, the affected quest ... that's incredibly dumb and has to be changed to apply retroactively.
Given how that Hero Path thing did work retroactively, this shouldn't be a problem for them to do, so anything else would be bad.

E:

Given the situation the Fonse is in right now, fighting Death herself, her undead minions and his own undead self ... i find it highly ironic that good old Fonse doesn't believe in ghosts.

Last edited:

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
~250 orbs and got a -def/+res Lilictor as well as my first Ishtar and B!Celica so at least the pity breakers weren't horrible but yikes that was a lot more orbs than I wanted to spend and only one banner unit :(

Back to hoarding orbs til at least 2k now

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
In other news ... and again to the surprise of no one, Norne got demoted.

E: And in breaking news:

They're fixing the bug/whatever about the quests with the Aether Resorts Field. The fix should set the quests to finished retroactively.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they're just giving us all of the summoning tickets at once?
I can dig it.

I'll be pulling later, gotta build up my orb stockpile first.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Immorally whaled again lol! But once again via the bonus promos. First off, thanks to the feathers I accumulated, my Lachesis is now +7 merged. 3 more to go.

Managed to obtain my first Sanaki from the weekly banner. SPD+/RES-. Not Amelia but she will do.

And astonishingly hardly attempted to Go Hector in the Halloween banner lol. Been mostly aiming for Dr. L and Ilyanna. Got the latter after being in a situation where I had 2 blue orbs but not enough orbs to grab both.

Never did get an armored mage beforehand, so having Ilyanna is nice to have. ATK+/RES-. Not the perfect IVs but still serviceable where it matters.

Nice to hear that Norne is denoted. Has a link skill at 4* so no need to sacrifice anymore ValenTitanias and S!Fioras for their links skills. Plus no need to sacrifice anymore Setsunas and go through the trouble of upgrading assassin's bow to guard bow, for that matter.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Close Counter is a must-have, I'd say. I use Special Fighter+QR seal as well, but personally I think she works pretty well with Vengeful if that's the best you can get (I used Vengeful for a long time).

With so many units these days activating their special on their follow up (especially L!Alm), I think Special Fighter is the best option for EP Cecilia.

Sniped mostly red and got pity broken by -Spd MByleth. Finished the circle for a +Atk Brave Camilla. Back to saving.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Winter Cecilia is fantastic. I made... sacrifices... to give her Close Counter but it was worth it. Right now I have Bold Fighter on her but I may give her Special Fighter now that I have the fodder. She's at +10 now and totally worth the grails.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
So I sent my 3 star Jakob home by mistake...any of you kind souls using him as your front unit willing to add me as friend to complete the quests that need him?

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Close Counter is a must-have, I'd say. I use Special Fighter+QR seal as well, but personally I think she works pretty well with Vengeful if that's the best you can get (I used Vengeful for a long time).
Out of curiosity, what weapon do you use? I'm always stumped when it comes to daggers because of the so many mods they can have.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what weapon do you use? I'm always stumped when it comes to daggers because of the so many mods they can have.

I just use Goodie Boot for the extra defensive stats (not to mention it works great as the budget option). That's pretty much up to personal preference. Cleaner, Barb Shiruken, Lethal Carrot, or Broadleaf Fan are other great options, but I haven't found it necessary to spend the resources.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, my AR match today was someone who setup Rinea and L!Alm surrounded by wedding buildings. And then they stuck Brave Celica in the corner covered up by a bunch of buildings. That's funny. I didn't realize AlmXRinea was such a ship.

My 6 free summons and 20 orbs of additional red orbs netted me a -Spd Karla. The bane sucks, but she's new and was relatively cheap.

Was gonna pull more but this Hector seems like bait, so am gonna quit. I heard in the datamine there may be Legendary or Mythic Pair Up units in the future, so I might just wait to see what the next two end-of-month banners have. If not, there's bound to be a more interesting Pair Up coming out sooner or later.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I blew 330 orbs and got Hector/Lilina very early, but then I started to chase Ilyana and got pitybroken by Dimitri (+HP/-ATK), by my third Edelgard and then by Brave Hector. Probably my worst run of luck in a long time.
Think I'll give Bold Fighter to Hector/Lilina.

Last edited:

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Hmm... all 5 summon tickets got me Soleil's. Seems like the gacha machine ran out of other red units.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
zIojock.jpg

Whoa. Can't remember ever having this many quest pages to complete at any given time...

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've had some decent luck so far. The free summon, one ticket, and 30 orbs netted me another W!Hinoka and a +Atk, -Spd Phina. I merged W!Hinoka with my current one and got rid of a resistance bane, and Phina was a unit I grew interested in during her featured banner, so I'm pretty happy so far. I'll let the orb pile build back up before I drop the rest of the tickets.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
OMG, I got Hector with my free summon! I didn't even have to use my tickets! 😍

The special conversation you get with Duo Heroes are much longer than I anticipated. It's pretty cool.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I assume the maps of each player's Hall of Forms are random? Because my first three looked very different from the ones shown in the Feh Channel. MVP for them was ... Boey. Many blue enemies that he can tank, plus i unlocked his prf tome already, so he also tanks colorless.

True to my opinion of her, Celica's first 3 level ups were single stat ones. So she continues to do nothing but disappoint me. True to my experiences with Echoes!

Oh and, Natalie Portman erm i mean Thorr returns for this mode.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Funny that. My Celica got +1 atk and +1/+1 atk/spd with her first two level ups, while the rest got 4 stat raises most of the time.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the randomness of the floors can make this really tedious. Up to floor 15 and i've hit a roadblock, simply because the enemy teams so far made sure that my Boey is lvl 39+ while the rest is around lvl 30, and Celica is lvl 25. Meaning, she instantly dies and can't beat an enemy for her life.

Now i have to use those torches to rebattle lower floors in order to gain levels, yet the game still throws shit at me that Celica can't kill even when she's around the same level. You know, stuff like Sapphire weapons and so on.

Also doesn't help that my skill selection to choose from so far has been ... subpar ... no dear game, i don't need HP +5, or Defiant Res. Don't get me startet on Threaten Res 3. And i'm sure Celica has no real use for Steady Posture, which has been offered for me the last three times in a row when Celica got an upgrade.

In the end, the game still throws hard counters at you. And it's not even trying to hide it.

Yesterday Arena for example. Nagi is my bonus unit, first enemy team i got was +10 Marth, +10 LMarth, +10 Roy ... and Naesala. Now, don't get me wrong, Fjorm pretty much fucks up any red coming at her, but that's 9 bonus points gone because i would need a very specific team to make sure Nagi could kill all those anti-dragon units in one match, but that's not really possible in Arena.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mode seems fine. As long as you make a point to level everyone somewhat evenly, which does mean you need to replay some maps rather than recklessly charge forward asap, and don't take battles where there are five enemies on the harder difficulties, it should be easily doable within the event length.

Oct 28, 2017
How does the stamina recharge for the hall of forms besides the torches you get from beating some levels? There's no timer next to the little torches. You can replay the stages and to get some more skills/merges but you get exactly the number of torches you need to complete the event from the rewards.

I guess I'll see on the reset tomorrow.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
How does the stamina recharge for the hall of forms besides the torches you get from beating some levels? There's no timer next to the little torches. You can replay the stages and to get some more skills/merges but you get exactly the number of torches you need to complete the event from the rewards.

I guess I'll see on the reset tomorrow.

If there's no timer, it's a daily reset.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I quite like it so far. More of a puzzle/roguelite feel to it. Not a massive shake up but definitely feels a lot fresher than anything else they've dropped recently, especially in terms of PvE content.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hall of Forms is really fun! Liking this a lot as a little side thing to do.

My round really hates Boey and seems to be giving Celica all of her great skills. She already has refined Ragnarok, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, and the Flashing Blade 3 seal. I wish I could just recruit this Celica for my barracks, lol.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This just in, i hate that all of you seemingly get at least one unit with good skills. My highest lvl one, Boey, has to survive with his refined prf, Reposition and Renewal ... and that's it. ;_;

I actually cheered when i got Reposition offered. ._.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm making it a point to make sure everyone levels up evenly in Hall of Forms. Though Mae has yet to strike first on any map, Alm, Celica, and Boey each have their unique/refined weapons.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I just completed the first 3 maps in Hall of Forms and called it a day. I saw some people on Twitter already on Chamber 19.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's not too hard if you're lucky with enemy teams and skills offered. Even with my bad luck so far i managed to get to chamber 15. Though i'm now out of torches and have to solely rely on the daily resets.

Probably doing 2 level/skill clears in lower chambers and one try at the highest unlocked ones.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Geez, Boey's usefulness in this mode is really dependent on how quickly you get his preferred tome. He kept lagging behind everyone on the team until he finally got it as an option around Lv 24 or 25. Now it's been more smooth sailing with him. Makes the team a lot stronger on enemy phase too.

It's funny how they keep offering me Link skills when I only have like 1 movement ability so far.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
My Celica is just a debuff bot now with Atk/Spd Ruse and Spd Smoke lol

Alm has Dracofalchion, Bonus Doubler and Sudden Panic.

Mae has Blarblade and random stuff.

Boey has Inscribed Tome, Kestrel Stance, Atk Tactic.

Oct 25, 2017
I've only done three forma battles and decided to choose three prfs. Celica's levels have stunk while everybody else's have been fine.

Also I tried adding Hector/Lilina to Aether Resorts and the single unit actually takes two slots. They can wander off and interact with others separately, which is pretty neat.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Hmm looking at my AR defense team it says defense lift loss -55 but looking at my defense results my last result shows -80

How's that work?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Celica is basically soloing these maps...FB4, Ragnarok, Special Spiral, Ruptured Sky

Meanwhile boey cant do shit
Boey is a physical tank, make him tank bows and daggers and not mage. His tome is op too so give it to him asap.
Honestly he is pretty easy to use and I dunno why so many people are having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.