• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My initial instinct on seeing his stats was wishing he had 5 more Atk, but with a field buff and his Push skill, he gets to 60 Atk initiating with a Brave weapon. If he's Galeforcing, though, he's not ever going to get any bonus damage, nor armor/dragon effectiveness. Then again, if they gave him more attack, he might 1-shot more units and not charge his special.

I can't tell if the experts are going to say Leif is going to be unreliable or amazing.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Random detail: That special is clearly unique to him, and we know S Drink is uninheritable, so LLeif is the second Legendary with two PRF skills

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Colorless looks great, Green and Red are solid.

If Spring Marisa had something worthwhile Blue would be great.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He comes with sdrink so as long he doesnt kill in the first hit he should be able to activate his special

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i got the special description wrong, but to me it says he always gets the Galeforce effect, but when the Special triggers, he gets a Gravity debuff on top. So if anything, he doesn't want to trigger the special to have the full utility of the special.
Also, what's with his bow? "When under player control"? Does that mean he doesn't have the Null Follow Up effect when he's used in def teams or in autobattling?

Just saw the stats ... boy is he slow. At least there's little to no chance he will ever quad someone.

Probably skipping this banner. I have zero interest in Leif. Blue has the best utility, colorless the best cancer, red only has VIke going for it and green is imo the weakest color.

With the pretty much certainty that Jill is coming up on this years Brave Redux / Farfetched Heroes, she has top priority.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i got the special description wrong, but to me it says he always gets the Galeforce effect, but when the Special triggers, he gets a Gravity debuff on top. So if anything, he doesn't want to trigger the special to have the full utility of the special.
Also, what's with his bow? "When under player control"? Does that mean he doesn't have the Null Follow Up effect when he's used in def teams or in autobattling?
There is no way he always has Galeforce, it's only when the special triggers. He always has gravity when his Galeforce triggers to balance the fact he's a ranged horse with a second action.
The under player control thing almost certainly means that he doesn't have the "prevent follow up effect" when under AI control in arena/AR/etc. I highly doubt it has anything to do with autobattle.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, on the last day i got a Def loss in AR. Didn't get one before so i was really looking forward to my first "perfect" def week. :[
Oh well, it's just 19 Lift lost.

There is no way he always has Galeforce, it's only when the special triggers. He always has gravity when his Galeforce triggers to balance the fact he's a ranged horse with a second action.
The under player control thing almost certainly means that he doesn't have the "prevent follow up effect" when under AI control in arena/AR/etc. I highly doubt it has anything to do with autobattle.
Err... That would be the most OP skill ever lol

And why wouldn't they just write the special description like this: "If special triggers, grants another action to unit after combat (once per turn), but inflics 'yaddayadda' on unit and Pair Up cohort through their next action"?

Maybe it's because english is not my native language, but the sentence above makes it absolutely clear how this works, whereas how it's written right now really makes me think that Leif always gets a Galeforce, but limited in movement if the special triggers.

Which is basically a given for his first attack, due to his S-Drink skill.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And why wouldn't they just write the special description like this: "If special triggers, grants another action to unit after combat (once per turn), but inflics 'yaddayadda' on unit and Pair Up cohort through their next action"?

Maybe it's because english is not my native language, but the sentence above makes it absolutely clear how this works, whereas how it's written right now really makes me think that Leif always gets a Galeforce, but limited in movement if the special triggers.

Which is basically a given for his first attack, due to his S-Drink skill.

It only triggers on the players turn because there are multiple effects, galeforce never triggers itself on the opponents turn because the condition *unit has moved* is never met, but the Leif skill has a second effect *reduces movement to 1 for the next move* that could trigger during the opponents turn, but you'd never want it to.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It only triggers on the players turn because there are multiple effects, galeforce never triggers itself on the opponents turn because the condition *unit has moved* is never met, but the Leif skill has a second effect *reduces movement to 1 for the next move* that could trigger during the opponents turn, but you'd never want it to.

This is not what i meant. I know that this only triggers on player phase after Leif attacked.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Gotta agree that the wording on that new special is really confusing, they just copied the first part from the Galeforce description, which already was worded a bit weird, but they make it extra weird with the new part in the description which now seems to imply that the Galeforce thing happens even if the special doesn't trigger.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
With the revival banners doing another rotation I'm really thinking about saving orbs for the next time Deirdre appears in week 15. Starting to save orbs now is so hard though, because I still really want that Halloween Mia.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want any of the heroes on the legendary banner or the revival banners. Maybe if LAzura could give +1 movement to cavalry but alas.

More orbs to get Halloween L'Arachel then.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
With the pretty much certainty that Jill is coming up on this years Brave Redux / Farfetched Heroes, she has top priority.

I wouldn't be so certain in Jill. Louise ranked above her, and I don't believe we have a Farfetched precedent for a character being added to the game as an alt first (unless you count Owain, and if you do then Jill is out).

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Colourless is pretty crazy this time around. Leif, Alm, and FTiki. Tempted to snipe, but I'm still missing a few legendary heroes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be so certain in Jill. Louise ranked above her, and I don't believe we have a Farfetched precedent for a character being added to the game as an alt first (unless you count Owain, and if you do then Jill is out).

No, i don't count Owain (or Odin) as an alt. Whatever the backstory is, they're still different chars from different games. The alts so far all had the same character name as the base version, so i don't think Odin/Owain are fitting here.

Louise has been added as an alt, that's why i removed her from my list. And then the only other female hero is Anna. Depending on how IS will look at Anna, it could mean that even with Louise in it, Jill is in this banner if they skip Anna again.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't think Louise is eligible for FFH at all.

I mean, yes, Owain is technically an alt of Odin but it's such a fringe case I'd hesitate to extrapolate it to seasonals like bridal louise. If it weren't for the Fates DLC confirming the conquest trio is from Awakening proper, we might think Odin was simply inspired, but nevertheless distinct, from Owain a la Rhajat/Tharja. I feel a good rule of thumb is if characters weren't pooled on cyl3, they are *not* alts as far as feh is concerned.

The other half is there are an unprecedented amount of Charlottes this year: Greil, Bruno, Tanith, Pent, Louise, Wolt, Rinea, Dozla, and Rolf. I can't help but *feel* IntSys is doing Charlottes because they want these characters in the game but don't want to designate a banner for them. Consider, for example, how many of them are Tellius who had two banners this year, albeit almost entirely devoted to beasts, so if they wanted these characters in the game, where else could they put them but seasonals? And, if their motivation is simply to have these characters avaliable in some form--that is, IntSys thinks units having a Charlotte treatment is good enough to be in the game--why would they consider them eligible for FFH whose entire point is to get popular characters not yet in the game?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
In future banners, they can just Bantu/Valbar chars like Charlotte.

Should've started doing this way earlier, during Book 2 or so.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Finally snagged a copy of Halloween L'Arachel after far too many orbs. Spd/Res Ruse is fantastic for activating Thrasir's Killing Intent though, so I don't feel too bad about blowing through my stash.

Hopefully neither Jill nor Dorothea come out soon, I'm sitting on 7 orbs.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I was too lazy to do Arena on the weekend so I had to do it today during my daily commute. 3 times a had my streak ruined on the 4th or 5th battle but I finally got a score of 3760 to get to tier 21. I wish the Askr trio got new refines because the current ones are showing their age.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Jill being in farfetched while haar is a mediocre GHB is the biggest crime this game will make

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Eh I still believe that Louise and Bruno will get their regular alts in this year's redux banner in spite of getting seasonal alts this year, but that's just my personal guess.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Got my Leif in less than 30 orbs but with meh IV (+spd/-def). Oh well at least not -atk. Down to only 5 orbs now but will probably scrounge up some more and throw them again at H!Hector.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know, i thought ... throw some 50 orbs into the banner, time enough to save up for Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019.

Got a BratTiki and a perfect IV Leif within those.

Don't get me wrong, i'm pretty happy about this. I just wish i would have this luck for heroes i like, can't say that about this specific Tiki and Leif.

So, dear game, in the upcoming FF/BR banner, Jill on free pull or within 40 orbs, okay? ^^

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I pulled +Atk, -Def L!Leif with the free pull, so I was pretty happy. Then about another 70 orbs netted me Spring Palla, which was a nice bonus. Think I'll stop for the moment and let my stash build up back, but if this is all I pull, I'll consider this banner a win.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Put in 100 orbs and got Ryoma, Alm, Leif, and Ranulf, so I'm good on the banner.

It went much better than I expected so I went in on the Null Skills banner looking for Hilda and got her on the second circle.

Good day of summoning, back to saving for .... something? I guess Hel? Nils actually if he makes it into Farfetched.

I still want to play around with Disarm Trap at some point, but I can wait until it's more widely available.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Got a +Spd Alm on 50 orbs which is nice but I already have one.

I guess I could merge unless I find someone who can use Darting 4 and NFU.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Got L!Hector on the first circle so happy to call it quits there until the next banner. Decent IVs too!

Do agree with the suggestion someone made about more "unpopular" characters getting added to the 3-4* pool to freshen it up. I've had more Rebeccas than I'd care to count recently :|.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I have the worst luck in legendary banners. I spent almost 300 orbs and only got Leif, Lucina and Alm. Not great IVs, either.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, yes, Owain is technically an alt of Odin but it's such a fringe case I'd hesitate to extrapolate it to seasonals like bridal louise. If it weren't for the Fates DLC confirming the conquest trio is from Awakening proper, we might think Odin was simply inspired, but nevertheless distinct, from Owain a la Rhajat/Tharja. I feel a good rule of thumb is if characters weren't pooled on cyl3, they are *not* alts as far as feh is concerned.

No, their true names and identities were confirmed by supports too (mainly Laslow/Odin, although Odin/Ophelia mentions some backstory without bringing up their names). But, yeah, Heroes seems to count them separately... but its classifications often don't make much sense. Camus is considered a Mystery of the Emblem character even though he is separate from Sirius in the same way, and he only appears in Mystery as Sirius, never Camus.

Status
Not open for further replies.