• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Been really lacking a whole lot of luck for the past few leg/mythic banners.

It took me around 120 orbs to get a focus unit and it's L!Hector. At the very least he's ATK+/RES-, super boon and bane lol! But it was a boon I long needed. So old one will be merged into that one.

Banner wasn't even generous enough to give me a lot of colorless lol!

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Abyssal Lief down. I used A!Tiki, B!Lyn, flying Olivia, and OG Ninian. Tiki tanked on the left taking out Lief on the first Enemy Phase and Lyn went up the right. The dancers both had to tank a few hits but having Triangle Adept on them helped.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, this LHB was super easy. Beat Abyssal on my second try, and I'm pretty casual.

Also pulled a bit on the banner and got a second L!Alm. Was hoping to fix my +RES -DEF one but got an +HP -ATK. Don't know if I merge anyway or use him for SI...

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

And guess I'll just stop summoning on this leg banner considering my luck earlier today and just save for the redux banner. And I was waiting awhile for that ValentIke rerun.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The average Abyssal difficulty has dropped pretty hard recently.

It took me 2 reruns and over 2 hours worth of tries to beat Abyssal Lucina, Abyssal Leif on the other hand, was first try.

Its kinda sad, Abyssal stuff was the only content you actually had to create strategies to win

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
This month with the Dance Troupe, Nanna expressed desire to join their merry band. Of course she was rejected, because what use does the Dance Troupe have with a healer. Nanna went crying to Leif about it. He uh, did not take it well.

The Spur Speed seal of all things was the key for victory. But overall one of the easier ones as of late.

Oct 25, 2017
Tossed 20 orbs at the banner and got a +HP/-DEF Picnic Felicia. Eh, works for me, beasts are gettin' the frying pan to the face.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, i love flier ball def teams. It's always nice to see an attacker not expecting Flier Guidance and mass Flier Formation shenanigans. I guess using Sothis together with Yune keeps throwing attacker off guard, since Sothis doesn't really fit into a flier ball team, but you know, once a unit of mine hit's the threshold, she just warps in with WoM.

Which probably many people don't expect either and just assume she has her default Wrath. ^^

Oct 28, 2017
Man, i love flier ball def teams. It's always nice to see an attacker not expecting Flier Guidance and mass Flier Formation shenanigans. I guess using Sothis together with Yune keeps throwing attacker off guard, since Sothis doesn't really fit into a flier ball team, but you know, once a unit of mine hit's the threshold, she just warps in with WoM.

Which probably many people don't expect either and just assume she has her default Wrath. ^^
Yeah I'm still working on my flier ball, but seeing a surrender after the whole gang teleports into the ennemy team is always satisfying.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Final score: Two Tikis who need baths, a +Spd Leif, hopped over to the Valentia and got +Spd Valentian Catria... -Atk. Also a -Def (+Spd) Silque and clutch pulled Python on a 7 orb YOLO.

Still haven't gotten Valbar, but he'll come home when I go pulling for like, Linhardt or something in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, got a Leif. It broke the orb bank a little, but this post is about my chief pitybreaker and what to do with em.

I also got a lot of Fallen Tiki, enough to +4 with +atk, +def, +res, and +spd as IV options. I don't really see a use for SF, so I'm thinking of merging them as a possible AR-O tank? For light, I currently use Seliph, whose big weakness is speed (being red hurts but because of divine tyrfing, this only really matters for Leg Lucina and melee units), so I'm leaning more towards speed. But +atk helps her one shot, and +res helps shave off some damage from Ophelia. So, what IV should I go for, or should I not bother at all?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Difficult to say. If you keep using Special Fighter, she needs all the Spd to get most of it. On the other hand, colorless units really like high Atk values because they don't have any WTA.

I'd drop Def from the pool of options, because her Def is high enough, especially with Fortress Def/Res. As for Res, she's likely not going to survive an Ophelia or one of the other AoE nuke mages.

I'd say, go with Spd. Helps her in both phases, gets the best use out of Special Fighter.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I also got a lot of Fallen Tiki, enough to +4 with +atk, +def, +res, and +spd as IV options. I don't really see a use for SF, so I'm thinking of merging them as a possible AR-O tank? For light, I currently use Seliph, whose big weakness is speed (being red hurts but because of divine tyrfing, this only really matters for Leg Lucina and melee units), so I'm leaning more towards speed. But +atk helps her one shot, and +res helps shave off some damage from Ophelia. So, what IV should I go for, or should I not bother at all?

Tbh, I expect you would ultimately regret trying to use Tiki in AR. She's very strong, of course, but being weak to both armor and dragon effectiveness will make her useless against defense teams that other tanks will shrug off. If I were in your position, I'd probably book the extra copies and either wait until I have a use for Special Fighter, or until I have enough copies to +10 merge and use her as an arena score bot.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Tbh, I expect you would ultimately regret trying to use Tiki in AR. She's very strong, of course, but being weak to both armor and dragon effectiveness will make her useless against defense teams that other tanks will shrug off. If I were in your position, I'd probably book the extra copies and either wait until I have a use for Special Fighter, or until I have enough copies to +10 merge and use her as an arena score bot.
Yeah. That's completely fair.

And I probably won't go for a +10 merge, so it's either wait for a use for SF (which I have plenty of fodder of) or find some use for Fiki in AR, since I don't use non jugdral units in PvE. So I'm like... What do I do with all these Fiki? But I have low expectations for her performance.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a free Veronica. Felt lucky so I went to the legendary banner and got Leif with my first pull. +HP -def which is nothing to write home about but at least I have a bonus unit for the next couple weeks.

Also got a Libra and realized I have over 11 of them so he's a possible +10 project. I think I manualed all my +Res ones though so Astra tank is out...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the Three Houses performance is great. Already tailing the combined Fates SKU and pretty much guaranteed to outsell them by year's end.

Who's ready for an unhealthy Three Houses banner focus in Heroes coming with Book 4? ^^

Oh and btw. Team WAH!

Go Mitch!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I want team feathers-I mean-Dozla.

Going for Leif gave four Lachesis (I've had a +1 Lachesis for over a year) and I want to get her merged up. She'll be +atk and +6 after all is said and done. I'm going to need feathers. Lots of feathers. Also, Finn should get his last merge soon. Next grail project is Arden, since I feel an invested armor will be useful.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

Going for Leif gave four Lachesis (I've had a +1 Lachesis for over a year) and I want to get her merged up. She'll be +atk and +6 after all is said and done. I'm going to need feathers. Lots of feathers. Also, Finn should get his last merge soon. Next grail project is Arden, since I feel an invested armor will be useful.

Surprised it takes you awhile to get copies of Lachesis given she's a 3/4 star unit. Then again I have trouble getting more Shannas lol.

I actually happen to just be one merge away from +10 merging my Lachesis.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

Arden, could for example, use Special Fighter. Not really for the cooldown decrease, but for the Guard effect. With his HP, he's in that threshold for a while.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Pool dilution makes it pretty random getting 3-4* heroes. Too bad they have no interest in resurrecting those banners.

I haven't pulled Mercedes or Norne yet, though they're still pretty new. Haven't pulled Shigure in a long time. If IS ever added unit search I could tell you how many demoted heroes I've gotten.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Pool dilution makes it pretty random getting 3-4* heroes. Too bad they have no interest in resurrecting those banners.

I haven't pulled Mercedes or Norne yet, though they're still pretty new. Haven't pulled Shigure in a long time. If IS ever added unit search I could tell you how many demoted heroes I've gotten.
I didn't get Silas until Julia's legendary banner. Silas and Lachesis are probably my worst 3/4 luck.

Also Hinata is avoiding me. I'm now considering using Legion for fury 2 fodder 😧

Surprised it takes you awhile to get copies of Lachesis given she's a 3/4 star unit. Then again I have trouble getting more Shannas lol. I actually happen to just be one merge away from +10 merging my Lachesis.

Yeah. Dunno what it is about Lachesis that she just avoids me.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played a lot of Aether Raids but I'm trying to get to Tier 15 for the Ike reward. How does matchmaking work here? I just got paired against a team of +9 and +10 merges with rare skill inheritance on my first battle in Tier 12, and I don't have anything close to that on my team lol

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played a lot of Aether Raids but I'm trying to get to Tier 15 for the Ike reward. How does matchmaking work here? I just got paired against a team of +9 and +10 merges with rare skill inheritance on my first battle in Tier 12, and I don't have anything close to that on my team lol
Its lift based. That player probably just stopped playing before reaching their 'correct' tier.

edit: actually, a better explanation would be, they did reach a high tier and stopped playing - then got demoted every week bc not playing - and ended up there

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The next units that will get weapon refines are Athena, Subaki, Gordin and Female Kana.

Been awhile since we got a dragon stone refine and now gen 2 units are starting to get refines.

And number of defensive structures in AR will be increased from 5 to 6.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Thought that was Cordelia as well lol!

And Fae didn't get a refine either. Eh personally the fact she and F!Corrin can easily be +10 merged shouldn't warrant their lack of prf weapon. Heck I would worry more about Nowi getting a prf.

And to be a little more technical, Linus was the first gen 2 unit to get a weapon refine though that was through sharing a weapon with Raven.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the "thought it was Cordelia and got momentarily hyped" list. Then, disappointment. I'm surprised and again, disappointed that they would give a prf to a Book 2 5* exclusive before so many other heroes that could use one.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Increasing the number of AR defense structures seems to be balancing it back towards defenders a bit. Now you can run tactics, panic, both chill structures, and healing, leaving one flex slot for the bonus or anti duo.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
My +10 Athena is ready! I hope her weapon and refinement is as useful as she is with Armorsmasher+.

Status
Not open for further replies.