• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Subaki refine is more hype than Cordelia, fight me, she is already a decent unit, Subaki is the one that needs a prf to be viable.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
need prf due to arena at this point, need the points

and like viability has mattered when Elincia got her upgrade
Elincia got a refine because she is 5*locked and they want a 5* unit in each refine banner to make it sell, basically the same reason why Lute got a refine last month and Kana is getting one now.
Anyway Subaki was the worst lance flier in the game, and he doesnt even have alts like Cordelia has.
That being said it is about time characters like Arthur, Barst or Setsuna get a refine, they are super mediocre and just like Subaki have no alts

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
What Subaki needs is a miracle to be usable with that attack stat. I doubt IS will outdo the Whitewing weapons any time soon, anyway.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have a fondness for Subaki in this game because he was around before Skill Inheritance. It was nice to park him in front of all the sword units and let him QR people to death. I used him on my original team when beating Veronica for the first time. He is really outdated, though.

He is reasonably bulky, maybe he could be a Steady Breath flier or something.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Been on a roll on the abyssal maps, this time beating Lucina's and Azura's maps. All thanks to L!Hector combined with L!Azura, L!Eliwood and Eir. Hector don't give a fuck about the weapons triangle, in some cases just barely surviving!

Just Alm's among this lineup of rotated maps left but gotta come up with a different strat considering his true damage shit.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Azura has that and worse because she hides info for no reason that could save plenty of people. That and she actually encourages corrin to do his/her dumb decisions.

She also actively discourages Corrin from developing, which is what completely soured me on her (that one time in Conquest Corrin plays evil to please Iago and avoid conflict, but then she goes on a rant about how they're losing their purity and should always stick to their principles).

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man, the Three Houses performance is great. Already tailing the combined Fates SKU and pretty much guaranteed to outsell them by year's end.

Who's ready for an unhealthy Three Houses banner focus in Heroes coming with Book 4? ^^

I'd guess Three Houses' low sales in Japan will hold back Heroes' support in the long run, since a large part of the profits of Heroes comes from Japan.

I'd easily take Corrin over Azura. Several of Corrin's worst moments in the story are directly tied to her.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess Three Houses' low sales in Japan will hold back Heroes' support in the long run, since a large part of the profits of Heroes comes from Japan.

I'd easily take Corrin over Azura. Several of Corrin's worst moments in the story are directly tied to her.
"low" sales, in the end it's not going to grow like the west but it's not exactly shrinking (and it's not like Fates or Awakening banners remotely performed like actual leaders in the first place)

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"low" sales, in the end it's not going to grow like the west but it's not exactly shrinking (and it's not like Fates or Awakening banners remotely performed like actual leaders in the first place)

Its physical numbers were around 250k last time I saw them, which is better than Echoes, but just around Shadow Dragon/ New Mystery level (you know, remakes that split content of the previous version in addition to the issues with their visual style and general addition in Shadow Dragon's case) - bellow FE6 too for example. Online numbers might help it approach them, but not by much since Switch online numbers still don't seem to be very high in Japan.

Last edited:

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Its physical numbers were around 250k last time I saw them, which is better than Echoes, but just around Shadow Dragon/ New Mystery level (you know, remakes that split content of the previous version in addition to the issues with their visual style and general addition in Shadow Dragon's case) - bellow FE6 too for example. Online numbers might help it approach them, but not by much since Switch online numbers still don't seem to be very high in Japan.
Did you like

not see the thread for Nintendo's quarterly results

Check out this 40%+ digital ratio for Three Houses because vouchers are a thing.

Last edited:

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How the eff do you beat a Surtr? I've never killed a single one and every time he shows up my team wipes.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Any high attack sword unit and a dancer you Reposition or Drawback should work fine too. Red mages don't even need a dancer. As long as you stay 2 spaces away Surtr can't do anything.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Any high attack sword unit and a dancer you Reposition or Drawback should work fine too. Red mages don't even need a dancer. As long as you stay 2 spaces away Surtr can't do anything.
Not true, unless you specialize them to face surtr that makes your team weaker overall, that can be a problem if the enemy has other big threats
What makes Surtr a menace isnt that he is invincible but that he has great zoning that makes some maps really obnoxious.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Not true, unless you specialize them to face surtr that makes your team weaker overall, that can be a problem if the enemy has other big threats
What makes Surtr a menace isnt that he is invincible but that he has great zoning that makes some maps really obnoxious.
Surtr is too slow to be an issue in the first couple of turns. The right tactic is often to pick the rest of their units off by baiting and break the pots when Surtr is alone and non-threatening.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How the eff do you beat a Surtr? I've never killed a single one and every time he shows up my team wipes.

The optimal options are quite rare - dancer Micaiah or dancer Ishtar are excelent as they are dancers and they can delete surtr with little effort. Another very powerful (but rare) option is LAlm, since surtr high def is pretty much a death sentence, and wary fighter wont work against alm as well. If you happen to have any of those, they work really well.

But any armor effective red unit can work. Triangle advantage and effective damage together is a 1.8x atk multiplier. Even an unit with only 45 atk will have 81 under that multiplier.

Just don't try to EP him, his entire kit made to break EP tanks. Unless the other player is stupid enough to give him armored boots or armor march - then you can just tank him from the max range without triggering his weapon or prf skill (do check other units for WoM before doing this though).

Or, just like every content in this game, you can just brute force him with a blade tome mage.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The optimal options are quite rare - dancer Micaiah or dancer Ishtar are excelent as they are dancers and they can delete surtr with little effort. Another very powerful (but rare) option is LAlm, since surtr high def is pretty much a death sentence, and wary fighter wont work against alm as well. If you happen to have any of those, they work really well.

But any armor effective red unit can work. Triangle advantage and effective damage together is a 1.8x atk multiplier. Even an unit with only 45 atk will have 81 under that multiplier.

Just don't try to EP him, his entire kit made to break EP tanks. Unless the other player is stupid enough to give him armored boots or armor march - then you can just tank him from the max range without triggering his weapon or prf skill (do check other units for WoM before doing this though).

Or, just like every content in this game, you can just brute force him with a blade tome mage.
I think I just need to remember not to try and beat him on enemy phase, which is my default strategy. By the time I remember he's already killed my sword and it's too late.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I think I might manage to reach tier 21 on AR finally! I'm around 220 lift left to reach it and haven't lost any lift since the start of this season not even from my one defense loss. But at the same time I might have just jinxed myself. Though it helps that seasons will now end at 3PM PT on Mondays thanks to transitioning to standard time.

And who's now facing Mitch (can't believe I just said that lol) on the final VG round?

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jakob ended up losing on the other side, so we have a Tellius Final 2.

I like Mia and all but it would be funny if such a latecomer like Ilyana to FEH won a VG on her first try.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Go Team WAH!

Always bet on good old stormtrooper guy's gut feeling. I might always shoot for the stars ... and miss by miles, but my gut feeling is good. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
Alright around 6 hrs ago lost 60 lift. Just manage to finally accumulate enough lift to reach tier 21. I cross my fingers more lift isn't lost before the season ends!
Sounds like you're in the clear? There's less than 9 hours to go before the season's done which puts you below 20h.

Meanwhile my run was awful, though I was distracted the past week, mostly with alcohol. Still managed to stay above T21 though, so it's all good. A couple fewer grails isn't a big deal.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
With the VG still running for another day, i think they will drop the trailer tomorrow, or in the night to the day after tomorrow for us EU people.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
So close to tier 20 yet so far away. Does the lift threshold increase every week? Seems like I was already close to this number a week ago. It's not like I'm losing a lot from defending.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
So close to tier 20 yet so far away. Does the lift threshold increase every week? Seems like I was already close to this number a week ago. It's not like I'm losing a lot from defending.

The threshold doesn't increase, but everyone in a given tier has their lift reset to the tier floor at the beginning of every season. So if you don't make it to Tier 20, you start at the bottom of 19.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
So what you're saying is I shouldn't play AR drunk.
If you are not making enough points on offense is either because too many of your units die or because you are not using blessed units. Ideally, your team would be 2 Mythic heroes of the current season + 2 blessed units matching the mythic hero's element + 1 bonus unit that should also be blessed.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Okay you've lost me there. I don't know any mythic heroes besides Eir. How does the game tell mythic apart from legendary and normal heroes?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Okay you've lost me there. I don't know any mythic heroes besides Eir. How does the game tell mythic apart from legendary and normal heroes?
Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind elements are for legendary heroes. Those heroes and blessings are used for increasing your Arena/Arena Assault score.
Light, Dark, Astra, and Anima are for mythic heroes. Those heroes and blessings are used for increasing your Aether Raids lift gain on offense (Light and Astra) or reducing the lift you lose on defense (Dark and Anima).

Before you start a match on AR, the game tells you how much lift you will gain at most with your current team. If you make a team with 2 mythics, 3 blessed heroes (one of them being a also a bonus unit for the current season) then you should be making at least 160 points. If your mythic hero has merges you could make a maximum of 180 points if both of them are +10. Lift loss on defense has other formula that I don't remember.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
If you only have one Eir you should be able to reach tier 21 with some effort. You need to give light blessings to the rest of your team and reserve one spot for a bonus unit. Just wait for light season and go all in. Mythic heroes on defense are not that necessary. I've seen people not use them because as long as your team can kill the enemies or stall you won't lose points anyway.

Also, since there is always one offense and one defense element each season, light and astra never coincide. This past season was Light, tomorrow is Astra, and so on.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If tier 21 is already that difficult how the heck do people reach tier 27 or whatever absurdity? lol

Oct 25, 2017
If tier 21 is already that difficult how the heck do people reach tier 27 or whatever absurdity? lol
I think for most of us, we just reached T21 and slacked off

Post T21 things work differently, the Lift requirements per tier after 21 are lower but you reset back to T21 at the end of every week.

So just go all in, reach t21, and then just do whatever from there, just doing enough to stay in 21+.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I just bought six Kronya, so now my frothing demand for grails decreases (ign.com). I guess at some point I could make a run at T21, but it'd require Eir and L!Azura to be bonus units together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.