• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sorry for the double post, but Intern-kun goofed.

Video is currently unlisted.
Tethys as dagger dancer, Gerik with FIRESWEEP AXE, Ewan with Rauorserpent, duo hero Ephraim/Lyon who gives a movement buff to infantry/armor with the duo skill, and Ross is the new 3/4 unit with a Brave Axe

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Tethys is the obvious demote. Meh banner, some good skills but nothing that I need right now. The Duo hero has a nice skill but Hector's skill is more impressive, IMO.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That duo skill is basically Stride. I wonder if a duo unit will eventually get Retribution as well.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I should be excited about this but my small amount of orbs and the BS with Ephraim completely killed my hype.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fun banner. Nice to get Firesweep Axe+ and (assuming) Tethys demotes, a F2P dagger dancer. Giving Ewan only four skills is such a tease, but it seems pretty clear he's getting Lugh'd. Also it's awesome Ross gets to be the auto-demote, he was always my favorite Trainee in Sacred Stones.

It clear in the video that Ephraim isn't super busted by giving cavalry units Stride, but I'm guessing they put the flier 2 spaces away to demonstrate it's a 2-space buff that is Infantry/Armor only. Although they couldn't be implying it's just the left-right units only, could they?

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of male units this time around, including Cormag, Ross and the new Duo. Tethys the sole female rep this time. I can dig it.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Huh so much for the far fetched banner but this is fine. Skills sets are interesting at least. Freakin' Heavy Blade 4 and Firesweep Axe!

Now I await for an Eirika/Seth duo hero!

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, no thanks IS. You robbed me of all the orbs I've saved for one month.

Chasing after Leif was a terrible experience. Spent 248 orbs only to get Alm's, filthy Tiki's, and a shitton of Legaults, Clarine's, Sera's, and Azama's.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'll be honest, banner didn't exactly click me. Don't get me wrong units are good, just nothing that motivates me to summon on that banner.

I actually decided to do a last minute summoning session on the leg banner. Spent another 60 orbs sniping colorless and got my first "I Can't Believe It's Not" L!Tiki! DEF+/RES-, eh she will do, long as her ATK and SPD ain't affected.

Also got my first Norne as I was summoning.

Edit: Now I'm reading Duo Heroes aren't gonna be part of the permanent summoning pool. That sounds damn frustrating lol! Hopefully those rotate on leg/mythic banners.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Ross. Already demoted before the banner began.

Also Cormag as a ghb unit is criminal. Hope they don't botch his art at least.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, guess i was wrong about the video not dropping today. But i certainly didn't expect another filler banner. And did i get that right? It runs for nearly the whole month?
I hope that's because of the Duo Heroes not being in the common pool.

In general, it's a really weak banner. Tethys looks like the demote ... another colorless one, good grief IS. Ewan has no right or reason to stay 5* exclusive either though.

But man, Gerrick looks nice. Finally the Firesweep Axe, awesome skills to use or feed off.
Lyophraim looks okay too, but imo Lilictor's Duo skill is better.

Cormag as GHB ... don't you dare Haar-ing him IS. Don't you dare.

Ross continues the 3*/4* pool refreshing, on one hand it's a bit sad that he might not get the potential that Amelia has gotten, on the other hand i'm all for more heroes in the lower pools.

So far, they added a red, blue and now green hero. Hot take: The next 3*/4* addition will be colorless. Although colorless got enough demotes this year ... and it looks like another one is to follow up soon.

Might try for Gerrick a bit, but if the banner really runs for the whole month, i'd rather wait for Brave Redux/Farfetched 2019.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd wait for skills and stats. Haar was Haar'd because of stats and skills, not because of being a GHB. There are good ones in there.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Solid Sacred Stones juke here.

Nothing super spicy jumps out at me, but Duo Heroes still seem super lame.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
When we get the inevitable Alm and Celica duo I hope they get a bit more creative with their design like child or king and queen versions and not just slightly retouched versions of the original sprites like with Ephraim and Lyon.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I honestly would at least commend duo heroes for adding yet another bit of fan service, considering they get exclusive dialogue that no other units get.

In any case, I would predict some of these pairs potentially being duo heroes:

Eirika/Seth
Nino/Jaffar
Eliwood/Ninian
Chrom/Lucia
Marth/Caeda
Sigurd/Deidre
Alm/Celica
Ike/Soren

And that's all I can think of.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly would at least commend duo heroes for adding yet another bit of fan service, considering they get exclusive dialogue that no other units get.

Eirika/Seth
Nino/Jaffar
Eliwood/Ninian
Chrom/Lucia
Marth/Caeda
Sigurd/Deidre
Alm/Celica
Ike/Soren

pairing any fates lord with their other country counterpart would be possible. Elise/Sakura, Camilla/Honoka, Ryoma/Xander, and Leo/Takumi

I think Chrom and Robin makes even more sense here than Chrom and Lucina.

I wouldve liked to see Eirika/Ephraim over what we got

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Eirika/Seth
Nino/Jaffar
Eliwood/Ninian
Chrom/Lucia
Marth/Caeda
Sigurd/Deidre
Alm/Celica
Ike/Soren

Byleth/Sothis maybe? I would also say Micaiah/Yune, but thats exactly what her brave alt is

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Byleth/Sothis maybe? I would also say Micaiah/Yune, but thats exactly what her brave alt is

Given the fact Duo Heroes are limited time, I'm just glad Brave Micaiah turned out the way she is.

And making my personal predictions on the refines on the upcoming update.

I can see Athena retaining the woa doa effect. Perhaps a null follow up attack would do her wonders. Make her kind of a budget Mareeta, thanks to her good speed and a good counter for wary/vengeful fighter.

Don't know what to expect for Gordin, other than seeing him retain the brave bow. Maybe give him chil def, but that's already on Klein.

For Subaki, hard to tell just hope he doesn't keep the sapphire lance of course, but keeping my expectations low on that. Could be anything.

For F!Kana, also unsure on that. I mean what could possibly beat going for lighting breath+, other than a prf lightning breath.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
She may have had hunger motivate her to battle, but it was not enough for Ilyana to overcome WAH!

And new page of the manga up.
part191106.jpg

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
PM1 will definitely not be impressed. Just like with Haar and Conrad.

tenor.gif

But say what we will, the color of his wyvern is unique and he has pretty intimidating artwork. That's impressive!

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Double post: Update is live!

Athena retains her woa doa, and its effect refine is desperation. Looks like a deadly combo, but the fact her B slot is open, means she can use skills like Null Follow Up and the Lull Skills.

Subaki gets a slaying lance instead of a sapphire lance thankfully, which also grants +3 to all stats if his ATK is less or equal to that of the foe by 3. His ATK is pretty low even with a boon, so the condition might still be met more often than not. And his effect refine is new: grants +7 true damage when his health is equal to or above 70%.

F!Kana's dragonstone base effect allows her to get +4 to all stats on the enemy phase or when the foe has no active buff. Effect refine is Lull ATK/SPD. Much better than what the Tikis ended up getting!

Gordin gets a brave bow though has the standard -5 SPD penalty unlike Klein's. His effect refine is exactly like Tharja's Hex except it grants an in-combat debuff of 4 on ATK and DEF when foes are within two spaces of Gordin.

Edit: Updated my post.

Edit 2: Stats for the new units and Ross and Cormag skills.

hbmp60f2m0x31.png

BM6pTsG_d.jpg

Cormag might not be so bad after all.

And oh boy Ross might not have the best skill set but his stats are something else!

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, Ross got Amelia'd in terms of potential. That Atk stat. Edelgard lite. Shit skills though.
Cormag got semi-Haar'd ... oh well, i take another sturdy lance wyvern with solid Atk over the nth lance pegasus. Art is great though, woah.

Gerik with the solid statline, HP high enough for his skills. Though i feel he wants something else than Darting Blow 4.
Ewan ... *crickets* ... nothing to say honestly, red infantry mage, that's it. To be honest, he shouldn't stay 5* exclusive.
Lyophraim, well, he's strong and sturdy. Basically just a powercreep of regular Eph (4* him now maybe?) with the Duo skill slapped on. *shrugs*

Tethys. Oh Tethys. If the skills didn't already scream demotion loud enough, the stats sure chime in to a chorus. Never has a unit been more obviously the demotee. Though i might +10 her down the line, a +10 colorless dancer is sure nice to have. Might give her Kagero's pre-prf weapon though, that she might be able to kill something half-decently.

Refinements. Subaki ... okay, still won't help him much to kill things, just to be more sturdy. A Def or Res refinement might be more useful. Or is the true damage considered in Sol/Aether HP steal?
Gordin is a slightly better Klein, basically he's Kleiner. *chuckels* (Kleiner means smaller in german ^^)
FKana's weapon and refinement is pretty solid, she can be really sturdy. But man, MKana needs that stone too, wth IS?
Athena, solid. Built in Desperation and Wo-effect, frees up the B-slot, she can in theory now run both, Desperation and Vantage. With that refinements, she *needs* Fury 4, though i wonder if she's still better with Armorsmasher.

I still stand by my opinion of the banner. Given that it runs the whole month and will likely cross with the Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019 one, i'd rather safe orbs for that.

If the upcoming one somehow sucks (doubtful), you can still pump all orbs in this one.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that they decide to not only release Ross and Gerik on the same banner, but also give them a very similar statline. Gerik has better offenses but Ross is easier to merge up and stack speed on. Honestly, he's a good candidate to put Heavy Blade 4 on if you pull a +Attack version.

They're largely interchangeable otherwise.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Ross has 8 more BST than Libra. More HP, Atk, and Def. Libra is slightly faster and has more magic bulk, but Res is a superboon for Ross so he can make up some of the difference if you want to make him a tank.

Nice skills for Cormag but it's another lance flier.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Finally ending my run with this game. Played everyday since Day 1 when it launched but lately only been into AR and my interest in that has faded as I've grown out of touch with the new units that have been getting released.

Was definitely a fun ride.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
As predicted, Python has been demoted. Gotta say, he is the most interesting demote in some time now.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Also got the duo with my (third) free summon ticket. First time I ever got a 5 star with a ticket from forging bonds too.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else slightly disappointed by Book 3's last chapter? It feels Surtr's fight had more weight to it. Plus they "randomly" just dropped some new story bits.

If i had to guess, Eir's involvement in the main story isn't over in Book 4.

Also, got nothing, but i also didn't pull outside of the free pull and the 4 tickets. ^^

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Got a +Def Gerik and... It's been a minute since I trained a Firesweep melee user (last one was Cynthia, who I popped Reprisal Lance on). My usual approach (end turn on the training map) is useless here...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got a +Def Gerik and... It's been a minute since I trained a Firesweep melee user (last one was Cynthia, who I popped Reprisal Lance on). My usual approach (end turn on the training map) is useless here...

Swap to Steel Axe for the training. Should still be enough weapon mt for the trainings maps. ^^

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else slightly disappointed by Book 3's last chapter? It feels Surtr's fight had more weight to it. Plus they "randomly" just dropped some new story bits.

Yeah, the progression of the story was poor in terms of pacing. This last chapter felt like they were squishing three chapters worth of plot advancement into one in order to end it on time. And there were other chapters in Book 3 that had basically no advancement whatsoever. Rushing the ending is a sure way to kill the impact.

I do appreciate that the plotting and writing for this game are on an upward trend so far. Book 2 was a significant improvement on Book 1, and Book 3 was somewhat better than that despite this last chapter. It gives me hope for Book 4.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the progression of the story was poor in terms of pacing. This last chapter felt like they were squishing three chapters worth of plot advancement into one in order to end it on time. And there were other chapters in Book 3 that had basically no advancement whatsoever. Rushing the ending is a sure way to kill the impact.

I do appreciate that the plotting and writing for this game are on an upward trend so far. Book 2 was a significant improvement on Book 1, and Book 3 was somewhat better than that despite this last chapter. It gives me hope for Book 4.

Agreed, it's been strange regarding pacing.

I feel like Book 4 will have some connections to Book 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.