• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to Xenologue 5 (and the orbs it comes with), the start of Book 4, the new free 5*, and Eir hanging out in Forging Bonds weirding people out like Fjorm currently does.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was pretty anti-climactic.

Not much luck on pulls this time either. I planned on sniping blue and green but ended up with a Tethys from a red/colorless circle.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
The main story is boring but at least the recent Forging Bonds have had good interactions between the heroes. I find Fjorm a lot more likeable because of FG. I even gave my Fjorm the squirrels accessory because of it.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Should I get more H'Arachel merges? Already at +7, next one will be +1 HP/Res which is meh. It's a limited unit though so might take a while to get a chance to merge it.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
If you have the orbs, sure. Personally, I won't ever go for +10 seasonal unit again. I'll need to save orbs for months if I want to get good fodder for AR.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally ending my run with this game. Played everyday since Day 1 when it launched but lately only been into AR and my interest in that has faded as I've grown out of touch with the new units that have been getting released.

Was definitely a fun ride.

This is kind of where I'm at. Without AR I would've quit a long time ago, and even there the meta is becoming stale. When 3/5 of your team has to be a mythic hero and a bonus unit if you want to score in the top ranks, you don't get a lot of flexibility.

New heroes, even the 3*-4* ones, are a drop in a massive pool. Login bonuses haven't changed since launch. Grails make you choose between good fodder or a good unit. Some currencies are absolutely useless. And we still have no unit search option.

I was going through my barracks the other day and I have so many random 5* that are just sitting there (horse Chrom, Hot Springs Ryoma, etc). They do make good fodder but I've never really felt the need to use them when my favourites are doing fine. Of course it doesn't help that the best fodder (level 4 skills, Null CD) are very rare.

Book 4 better shake up the game.

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
lol. Forging Bonds tickets gave me a +RES -ATK Ewan, a +ATK -DEF Gerick and a 4* Ross. Why can't I be lucky like this with the units I want ;-;

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
sALwf3V.jpg

This is a huge and totally unexpected shock for me since I've really wanted Delthea ever since she was first released way back in July 2017.

I regretfully chased her on her debut banner and came up empty-handed, and figured I'd inevitably get pity-broken by her down the line, but eventually just gave up hope of ever seeing her after they adjusted the summoning pools. And then lo and behold, she randomly drops on the Trick or Defeat rerun banner but not the tons of banners she was a featured unit on over the years. Better late than never, right? lol

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Free pulls and tickets got me a +Atk Micaiah, so not sure if I should merge my current one (+Spd) into her or not. Was building a Brazen/Desperation build for her to stack speed with, but +Atk is way less gimmicky to build around...

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Having been incredibly bored earlier at work, I figured out how many feathers I have outstanding in Hero Merit as of today.

Time to start looking into merit grinding strats. I wish I could pay someone to do this.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Ok. I fold for this banner. Wasn't able to get any focus unit, but after a free summon, 4 tickets and 35 orbs, I got my first Selkie. DEF+/SPD- but we all know her strength lies in her high res and the sabotage skill she comes with.

I've yet to summon Delthea, Azura, Lucina, or Mist.

Same thing minus Azura. There are loads of year one units I've yet to have but the most damning of all is having not gotten a single version of Elise.

Update: The new event calendar is up.

The next tempest trial comes on the 21st.

New Lost Lore coming in the 12th.

New Rokkr Sieges on the 15th.

BHB with Eirika and Innes.

Another new heroes summoning event coming on 12/5.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of where I'm at. Without AR I would've quit a long time ago, and even there the meta is becoming stale. When 3/5 of your team has to be a mythic hero and a bonus unit if you want to score in the top ranks, you don't get a lot of flexibility.

New heroes, even the 3*-4* ones, are a drop in a massive pool. Login bonuses haven't changed since launch. Grails make you choose between good fodder or a good unit. Some currencies are absolutely useless. And we still have no unit search option.

I was going through my barracks the other day and I have so many random 5* that are just sitting there (horse Chrom, Hot Springs Ryoma, etc). They do make good fodder but I've never really felt the need to use them when my favourites are doing fine. Of course it doesn't help that the best fodder (level 4 skills, Null CD) are very rare.

Book 4 better shake up the game.

Agreed, my tipping point was that I've been pulling on banners with my daily orbs and such and I'd be pulling once (and maybe still) coveted units like H!Myrrh or new Mythic units and not even bothering to build them because my +10 Surtr/Reinhardt/B!Lyn we're still getting me by in AR20.

At that point what am I playing for if I'm not investing in the new units I pull.

Truth be told I've been put off by the stray from Rock/Paper/Scissors for a while now. Units have so many damn qualifiers on them it's no longer fun to try and figure out battles. If unit has +5 HP than the unit that is attacking but isn't adjacent to a beast unit and is an odd turn but isn't debuffed by a dark shrine but gets atk*2*number of structures destroyed during an anima season yada yada yada. It's too much.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Having been incredibly bored earlier at work, I figured out how many feathers I have outstanding in Hero Merit as of today.

Time to start looking into merit grinding strats. I wish I could pay someone to do this.

The people that are actually getting all the hero merit feathers are using a bot. You'd have to be crazy to do it by hand.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A new hero banner with a TT means that's Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019. And Book 4 starts December 5th then.

I bet the mythic hero at the end of this month is Lif. Hel following in the next mythic banner then. Meaning my orbs at the end of the month are pretty safe, because i don't need another red sword infantry.
Not even an undead emo Fonse.

I wonder, would Ghostav be a good candidate for another fallen heroes banner?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we need more heroes with CC. It's nuts.

"Heroes with DIstant Counter Skills"

Oh boy, there's an orb eater.

At least it's coming a day after Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019, IS could've felt evil and drop that banner 1 day before it. ^^

But this banner will also be bait for Null C-Disrupt, as the only hero options that will be featured in this banner are Vanilla Hector, Bylad, Nagi and ... Nailah.
All other DC carrying heroes are either limited (VIke, Vector, Lilictor) or legendary (Lector, Hrid).

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
They have included heroes with innate DC in banners like this one before. They could potentially put someone like Ryoma, Ike, Dorcas, Hardin in there but I feel it's unlikely at least.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
There was a "heroes with countering skills" in March 2018 with Ike, Hector, and Takumi.

There was also a "countering weapon skills" banner in May 2018 with Ryoma, Dorcas, and Nowi.

I think the fact that this time they explicitly said Distant Counter they'll have units with that A skill.

Agreed, my tipping point was that I've been pulling on banners with my daily orbs and such and I'd be pulling once (and maybe still) coveted units like H!Myrrh or new Mythic units and not even bothering to build them because my +10 Surtr/Reinhardt/B!Lyn we're still getting me by in AR20.

At that point what am I playing for if I'm not investing in the new units I pull.

Truth be told I've been put off by the stray from Rock/Paper/Scissors for a while now. Units have so many damn qualifiers on them it's no longer fun to try and figure out battles. If unit has +5 HP than the unit that is attacking but isn't adjacent to a beast unit and is an odd turn but isn't debuffed by a dark shrine but gets atk*2*number of structures destroyed during an anima season yada yada yada. It's too much.

I actually like doing all the calculations and analyzing effects. It makes the game more strategic and tactical, even if it is gacha bait and FE-lite at times.

For example yesterday in AR my Naga couldn't ORKO a Bow Lucina until I remembered her A skill and had another unit destroy a building first so she'd have enough Atk.

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
There are two things that keep me playing FEH and why I'll probably continue to play it until it's shut down:
- I think the gameplay is better and more strategic than the mainline FE games (the absence of RNG in FEH is a huge factor)
- I enjoy using my feathers to continue building and merging units to their fullest potential

The continually evolving skills and meta are actually a plus. It's not like I can use all the shiny new stuff (orb limits), but playing against the shiny new stuff is cool and keeps things from getting stale.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been slacking hard on my feather use, mainly because the units I'm thinking of promoting will also take grails and there are only so many of those to go around.
A new hero banner with a TT means that's Brave Redux / Farfetched 2019.
Or an Adrift.
Though with that reaction they got last time, repeating that would take some real chutzpah from IS.

(I'm still kinda salty I got every hero on that banner except the one I wanted)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've been slacking hard on my feather use, mainly because the units I'm thinking of promoting will also take grails and there are only so many of those to go around.
Or an Adrift.
Though with that reaction they got last time, repeating that would take some real chutzpah from IS.

(I'm still kinda salty I got every hero on that banner except the one I wanted)

For what it's worth, last year, Brave Redux came first, Adrift afterwards ... so here's hoping it stays like this. ^^

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I started around 1250-1300. Ended with 442. Give or take 50-100 orb income in those few weeks, I spent around 900.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Free Sirius? -Atk, but still. Not quite where I want my luck though.

Edit: Actually, forget Sirius. I went through so many pity breakers to get the last one, but I've finally beaten FEH. Halloween Myrrh is officially complete. And right before I was going to spend more money too.

r24oONd.jpg

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Firemind I really love that +10 L'Arachel, truly an inspiration :p, I'm gonna wait for her return on a legendary banner for more merges.
I wish you good luck on your endeavor! I'm always a bit hesitant to snipe on leg banners because of the other two color sharing units trolling me in the past.

I have to admit part of what drove me to burn orbs irresponsibly is because of L'Arachel's fantastic dialogue and voice acting. She's also pretty min-maxed of course which helps. Goodbye, Cecilia, you had a good run.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Cormag done. My player phase armor team with 4 Ward Armor is still a tough nut to crack. Too tough for Cormag at least. ^^

Looking for my next merge project after Mae. From 3*/4* available heroes, i have ATiki, Fae, Nowi, Athena, Titania, Reyson, Oboro, Soren, Catria, Clair, Libra, Camilla, Tharja and of course the Spellhardt all at +10. Tharja and Camilla even +10/+10 and +10/+5.

I think i have fewer red +10 heroes form the lower pools, so i might do one of those. Marth is always a good option, Maskcina is already at +8 and it would only cost a few grails, got Ares up to +5 (from back where my search for +Atk wasn't rewarded), or i could take a look at Sophia. With the influx of broken archers, the thought of a +10 sturdy mage with a prf Raven Tome is not too shabby.

Last edited:

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of a fun (and challenging) theme battle for Cormag. I don't wanna use the SS heroes I always use.

Anyone have suggestions for a fun theme team to try against Cormag? Valter seems like a good pick considering the game's story but I can't think of other 3 teammates related to Cormag.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, once 5pm cdt hits, my Finn will finally be +10. My second completed grail project.

Next project is Arden. Because he's strong, tough, and I haven't ever actually invested into an armor

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to think of a fun (and challenging) theme battle for Cormag. I don't wanna use the SS heroes I always use.

Anyone have suggestions for a fun theme team to try against Cormag? Valter seems like a good pick considering the game's story but I can't think of other 3 teammates related to Cormag.

You should definitely use Valter! ^^

You know ... to finish the job. ;D

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Cormag was easy with my Surtr/H!Myrhh duo.
This week I've got my highest arena score of 3804. If I can get the same score next week, it would be the first time I stay at tier 21 two weeks in a row. I had to +10 my Hawkeye but I plan to use him in other modes, anyway.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
jugemu If you use Reyson in Arena, you should swap out Fortify Beasts. In mixed teams you could slap Atk/Def/Res Tactic or Guidance on him. Ground Orders would be premium fodder. For a flier team, Air Orders or Flier Guidance, both premium too.

Python is pretty sturdy and decently fast. You can work with Close Counter on him, or make him anti ranged with Guard Bow and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.