• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird that milady wasn't in the banner

Edit. Guess they could make guenivere a unit. And they could both be in that banner.
Seriously, WHAT? FE6 continues to get shafted. Like the time Rutger was chosen as a GHB unit and Mia, Ayra and Karla got prf weapons.

Did anyone in the development team actually play FE6 or do they just pick the hottest female characters? Nobody remembers Igrene and she got the spotlight in this banner with the first red bow and life or death 4. And they picked Brunnya over someone like General Murdock, Gale, Zeiss, Douglas, Shin, Dayan, Geese, Gonzales. If they wanted a mage, there's Hugh even though Hugh can fuck off. Or they could have waited for an FE7 banner and used Sonia or Limstella as they're actual memorable antagonists.

So many baffling decisions.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Larum looking cute, and a nice weapon.
Finally Percival is here.
Edchina looking like a fine demote.
FINALLY IGRENE! YES!
Chad as 3*~4*
Brunnya as TT+ reward.

First the Valentia banner and now this. In fact, two FE6 banners in a year. Great time to be a fan.

Shame there won't be a forging bonds for this. Could've been nice, especially if Astolfo was in the banner. Oh well.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, WHAT? FE6 continues to get shafted. Like the time Rutger was chosen as a GHB unit and Mia, Ayra and Karla got prf weapons.

Did anyone in the development team actually play FE6 or do they just pick the hottest female characters? Nobody remembers Igrene and she got the spotlight in this banner with the first red bow and life or death 4. And they picked Brunnya over someone like General Murdock, Gale, Zeiss, Douglas, Shin, Dayan, Geese, Gonzales. If they wanted a mage, there's Hugh even though Hugh can fuck off. Or they could have waited for an FE7 banner and used Sonia or Limstella as they're actual memorable antagonists.

So many baffling decisions.
It just annoys me that in a banner with a female character with really good design they decide to make her the demote and the sexualized one the main unit of the banner.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That's not Brave Redux / Farfetched Heroes 2019 with Jill!? :[

But see, i said the next new direct 3*/4* hero would be colorless. And Echidna is the possible demote, she comes with a new weapon like Larum, but no way in heck will IS put an inheritable anti-dragon weapon into the 4* pool.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised we're not neck deep in Three Houses heroes right now. Maybe they're still trying to play the long game and release a banner for the Christmas noobs, or they found out the two playerbases don't overlap as much as they'd want.

Anyway, gonna save my orbs with this banner for sure. I'm still sub-200 because I tried for random Halloween units and got squat.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're a big fan of the game/character this is another formulaic banner.

Previously seasonal exclusive skill? Check.
"New" skill that just applies to different stats? Check.
Obvious demote that will make a previous 5* locked skill available at 4*? Check.
One unit (likely female) that is clearly better than the others due to a good prf, and level 4 skill? Check.
3* unit with Gen 4 BST? Check.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Cuboon is a god and I decided to jump back in too try and get some orbs to roll for Igrene.

While doing that......

Focus Weekly Revival 4 free summon - Hector
First Summon Ticket on Desert Mercenaries banner - Gerik

WTF game, where the f is my Reyson, I swear I've pulled 20+ five star greens without a single Reyson showing up.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cuboon is a god and I decided to jump back in too try and get some orbs to roll for Igrene.

While doing that......

Focus Weekly Revival 4 free summon - Hector
First Summon Ticket on Desert Mercenaries banner - Gerik

WTF game, where the f is my Reyson, I swear I've pulled 20+ five star greens without a single Reyson showing up.
This is the worst Cuboon art with Spring Kagero, the guy can't draw breasts at all.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Elffin rivals Saleh when it comes to how many mentions he gets in the Meet the Heroes bios despite not being in the game himself. Strange how much better he would have fit this banner than Igrene who hasn't nothing in common with the other 3.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Elffin rivals Saleh when it comes to how many mentions he gets in the Meet the Heroes bios despite not being in the game himself. Strange how much better he would have fit this banner than Igrene who hasn't nothing in common with the other 3.
Igrene does have something IntSys finds very important though.

Maybe Elffin will be a Legendary hero.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Cherche is not a good choice for MKana since she has terrible Res... I guess I'll use Titania with Naga supplying dragon effectiveness.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Update out! So will see the goods! And in before we get all defiant sacred seals!

As for me, used the power of dragon-busting mother and daughter with 2 herons, or in simple terms Julia and Deidre (each with their refines) with Leanne and Reyson, to deal with M!Kana.

But in all seriousness, the new sacred seals are def/res, spur ATK/res, flier guidance.

Brunnya's skills are glacies, death blow and res smoke (4*). Very excellent to hear! As for her prf weapon, she's immune to penalties! And she gets +4 to all stats in combat!

Chad's skills are rogue dagger, drag back, escape route (don't leave yet!), and SPD smoke (4*). And another smoke skill accessible at 4*! That just leaves def smoke!

And stats for the new units:
dg97lgg1kkz31.png

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well over 90 orbs sniping red gives me:

Another Karla (HP+/RES-). My first Karla is in a pretty good state on IVs, so might just fodder to Athena for wrath considering her new weapon refine.

My first Leif (DEF+/RES-)

And my first Exalt Chrom (DEF+/SPD-)

Finger ended up slipping one time after summoning on the red orbs on one summoning session.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got a neutral Igrene ... but it took many orbs. And got pity broken twice by Hubert and Oliviair. Pulling red on a 4 heroes banner i know i know, but a red bow is one thing i actually don't have in my barracks. ^^

FLIER GUIDANCE SEAL! Omfg this will come so freaking handy for my AR def teams! *Sinister grin*
The rest is meh. But FLIER GUIDANCE! ^^

Woah, Brunnya is super solid. And she's basically a hard counter to Aversa. Thrasir also got a new best friend in addition to Idunn. Slap Fury 3 or 4 on her to make sure she get's her buffs even without a penalty starting with the second combat she's in.

The more i look at it, the more certain i am that Echidna will be the demote. IS won't drop an inheritable anti-dragon dagger, on top with a Hardy Bearing effect. Plus, Larum has an AR skill and a complete new C-skill.
Compared to that, Echidna has a Vanguard effect axe, a less desirable Brazen skill.
But if she drops, she becomes a prime candidate for a green omni-tank! She is faster than Libra, has more HP, Atk is 1 point lower, more Def, and with a super-boon only 1 point less Res.
And Drive Atk will finally be available on a 4* unit.

I wonder if this banner is basically 2019's Adrift? Iirc Adrift also came with a TT.
Maybe IS starts Book 4 with Brave Redux / Farfetched Heroes 2019 then.

Pulled a 5* Chad.. What?

How is that even possible? Can you share a screenshot? And you should open a ticket. Iirc those 3*/4* additions shouldn't be available at 5*.

Last edited:

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
How is that even possible? Can you share a screenshot? And you should open a ticket. Iirc those 3*/4* additions shouldn't be available at 5*.
Nah I probably pulled him from the Tempest Trial banner, it fooled me since I wasn't expecting anything. now i'm not sure what to do with him, he seems to have decent fodder, but it's available at 4* lol.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Got a -Spd Igrene pretty quickly and TBH I'm fine with that, as she'll be able to stack a lot of speed AND Phantom Speed exists.

The rest look pretty good stat wise too! The dancer screams Push skill + Mythic Boost with her weapon and is fast enough to double most dragons too, but the armoured daggers would love that weapon as well. W!Cecilia could get a lot out of it...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed ... in the Aether Resort, the Field ... sometimes the two appearing heroes follow a butterfly off screen, then charge to the other side's off screen chased by a bee/wasp/hornet.

You got some of the most powerful heroes there, riding dragons, BEING dragons. They fought the nigh immortal ruler of Fire, they fought Death Herself in the realm of the dead ... and they get scared and chased by a bee.

A bee.

Oct 28, 2017
Omg a free Raigh! And a three star one too! For a second I thought it was the 5 star model and was really wondering what i was supposed to do with that 🤣

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this TT summoning banner is the first one where all of the heroes are drawn by the same artist.
Speaking of which, I should get around to playing an Etrian Odyssey game one of these days.

EDIT: Nope, the Ylgr/Surtr banner counts too and that was a year ago.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Pulling on both red and colorless hell. You were brave. Nevertheless, those are some good red pulls.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
6 5* in 300 orbs seems higher than normal, and you didn't get anything from Year 2 even if you only got off focus units.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a +Spd -Atk Larum so at least I'm done with colorless hell for now.

Book III's ending kind of fell flat for me but I'm really interested in seeing where the story goes from here after the Xenologue.

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction for Book 4:
Nótt (goddess of darkness/sleep/dreams) will be the next major antagonist and leader of the dökkálfar.
The plot will kick off when she attacks Alfonse while dreaming, while wearing a striped shirt and bladed glove.

Okay, maybe not that last part.

Oct 25, 2017
LnD4 is a terrible skill tho(unless you are ophelia or sonya), why would you want that over brazen atk/spd 4 or push 4
I take it you havent done brave bow abyssal runs yet

Depending on the setup the initial speed is necessary to secure the first enemy phase kill

Its also slightly better for Firesweep Bow than SwSp3, though barely enough to matter

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I take it you havent done brave bow abyssal runs yet

Depending on the setup the initial speed is necessary to secure the first enemy phase kill

Its also slightly better for Firesweep Bow than SwSp3, though barely enough to matter
So what are you telling me is that you should have pulled for brave camilla for Push 4, that not only was a possible free pick but also in a easier color to pull

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So what are you telling me is that you should have pulled for brave camilla for Push 4, that not only was a possible free pick but also in a easier color to pull
At +10, Bridelia has only 41 HP. She can attack only 6 times and Atk/Spd push will stop working - that is only one turn and half using her + 3 dancers.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
At +10, Bridelia has only 41 HP. She can attack only 6 times and Atk/Spd push will stop working - that is only one turn and half using her + 3 dancers.
That can be solved easily with something like reyson, also it is much less of a problem than being potentially one shot by running lnd

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That can be solved easily with something like reyson, also it is much less of a problem than being potentially one shot by running lnd
You need to attack with reyson to heal though - that is wasting a dancer turn. Also, both of them have <30 def/res, most abyssal enemies will one shot both regardless of LD

edit: actually, his weapon is the same as leanne - but still, +7HP won't offset the -20 recoil you're taking every turn

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's not better at all... That runs out...

LnD and brazen are the best
In most times by the time "you ran out" the map is over
Losing 5 def/res for 1 speed is never worth, lnd4 is a very mediocre skill compared to even tier 3 skills like solo
Complaining about the gacha is fine but this one is all on you for pulling for a bait skill that isn't that great

Oct 25, 2017
In most times by the time "you ran out" the map is over
Losing 5 def/res for 1 speed is never worth, lnd4 is a very mediocre skill compared to even tier 3 skills like solo
Complaining about the gacha is fine but this one is all on you for pulling for a bait skill that isn't that great
so, I take it you've never brave bow'd an abyssal then, backing to my original question

99% of the time defense and resistance are 100% irrelevant, and can even be a detriment. You need the first enemy to attack your brave bow, do enough damage to put them under 50% health, and still die to the return fire, which is why the speed from LnD is so valuable, no other skill provides that other than push, but push runs out after 6 enemies, far less than an abyssal has. Once you have successfully baited and killed the first enemy, the only two stats that matter are attack and speed, at this point Brazen becomes better, but only if it allows you to reach this point. After that, you are killing 20 units with quad desperation Luna

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so, I take it you've never brave bow'd an abyssal then, backing to my original question

99% of the time defense and resistance are 100% irrelevant, and can even be a detriment. You need the first enemy to attack your brave bow, do enough damage to put them under 50% health, and still die to the return fire, which is why the speed from LnD is so valuable, no other skill provides that other than push, but push runs out after 6 enemies, far less than an abyssal has. Once you have successfully baited and killed the first enemy, the only two stats that matter are attack and speed, at this point Brazen becomes better, but only if it allows you to reach this point. After that, you are killing 20 units with quad desperation Luna
I use galeforce so I dont need to care about this
I stand by that lnd4 is a mediocre skill and the extra 1 speed fits the same "99% of the time it wont make the difference" argument. If you think sinking orbs in red hell is worth it for that is entirely your choice

Oct 25, 2017
I use galeforce so I dont need to care about this
I stand by that lnd4 is a mediocre skill and the extra 1 speed fits the same "99% of the time it wont make the difference" argument. If you think sinking orbs in red hell is worth it for that is entirely your choice
why are you trying to argue against something you know nothing about then...

its 2 speed, which can be huge when trying to double on EP a 46 speed mage with a brave bow

theres also just decking out my main unit, ive cleared 100% of abyssals with Bridelia, and had to use LnD3 on Lief

Oct 25, 2017
Math exists, the very reason why I dont use it is because I think it is mediocre/bad
Also lnd3 is 4* available so not a good comparison
try mathing how to kill 20+ enemies when you need to kill a 46 speed mage on EP turn 1 then. Youd have to fight with janky heal setups that risk breaking desperation, which is absolutely the most important skill

Push doesnt work, push is total garbage for abyssal brave bow

This is why Life and Death is needed. LnD allows extra attack and speed for those first few fights and especially to kill that mage on EP. After that, brazen seal kicks in, desperation kicks in, WoM kicks in, and its murder town

Some maps, Brazen A and S slot works, because you dont need the speed or attack for the first enemy, but in this map, the Mage is so damn fast you cant wait for it to kick in

Push is absolutely awful here, constantly threatening to turn itself off, and if you do something to try and maintain it on, you risk losing desperation. In this specific instance, it wouldve turned off by the time the second enemy was killed, this map involved 13 kills

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
try mathing how to kill 20+ enemies when you need to kill a 46 speed mage on EP turn 1 then. Youd have to fight with janky heal setups that risk breaking desperation, which is absolutely the most important skill

Push doesnt work, push is total garbage for abyssal brave bow

This is why Life and Death is needed. LnD allows extra attack and speed for those first few fights and especially to kill that mage on EP. After that, brazen seal kicks in, desperation kicks in, WoM kicks in, and its murder town

Some maps, Brazen A and S slot works, because you dont need the speed or attack for the first enemy, but in this map, the Mage is so damn fast you cant wait for it to kick i

Push is absolutely awful here, constantly threatening to turn itself off, and if you do something to try and maintain it on, you risk losing desperation. In this specific instance, it wouldve turned off by the time the second enemy was killed, this map involved 13 kills
Push makes you hit desperation faster so your logic makes no sense
Again if you want to spend orbs your choice, but lnd4 isnt an irreplaceable skill that pulling red in a 4 people banner is a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.