• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't need Hardy Bearing because you are tanking her on Enemy Phase. All you need to tank Ophelia is a high visible RES stat. Donnel reaches 49 RES, with Casa Blanca+ RES refine, +10 merges, +10 flowers, summoner support, and light blessing with 2 Eirs in the team. Casa Blanca also lets him ignore field buffs from Ophelia.

I don't think that is enough to deal with the Ophelia's i usually have the joy of facing in AR ... you know, those +10 +Atk LaD4 ones. Got one that downed my +Res +1 Yune once. ^^

How does this set handle the non-AoE Ophelias?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, it took a while to do the damage calculation. Ophelia should do 28 damage with Blazing Wind and 19 with her first attack. Donnel survives.
This is assuming a +10 +10 +ATK LnD4 Ophelia and Donnel doesn't have any field or in combat buffs.
Ideally, Donnel should receive +6 ATK and RES from tactics, or link skill, Yato support and drives, and Ophelia should have -7 ATK from Chill Attack so the damage should be even less than that.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eliwood is really good for this new Shield mode. He just Galeforces back and forth while the defense units just sorta watches, and occasionally cleans up 1 unit per turn. It'll be interesting to see how this evolves with the upper tiers and stuff.

It's nice that there isn't some sort of scoring requirement in the battle like the Allegiance mode, or random scoring variation like with Arena. It's pretty low-impact and chill so far.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I expect the chill will vanish pretty quick in the upper tiers. The enemies will probably have Abyssal (or higher) stats, wary fighter armors, guard and panic weapons, and all that fun stuff. Could be the hardest mode yet to maintain the highest tier.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I'm gonna get smeared in the higher tiers for sure. At least we get to practice during the Brace phase.
... say, how long IS this event on for, anyway? There can't just be one Brace/Shield/Counter cycle scheduled, can there? I can't find any message about it on the notice board and all the Feh Channel wants to tell me is that the first cycle ends on the 10th.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Man this new mode is not confusing at all. I thought enemy units would appear from the bottom through the gateways so I put my fragile mages at the top of the ramp and now I discover I can't change it!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man this new mode is not confusing at all. I thought enemy units would appear from the bottom through the gateways so I put my fragile mages at the top of the ramp and now I discover I can't change it!
The top units cannot be targeted though.

Also, you still can change the team

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Surprise surprise!

A banner of past seasonal units is up! This however is like a leg banner where the 5* unit is guaranteed to be the focus one. And it starts with a pity rate of 6%.

Focus units consist of Picnic Flora, Summer Lilina and Ursula, Bridal Tanith, Groom Pent, Hoshidan Summer Elincia and Xander and Flower Girl Sanaki.

So if anyone wants to grab some Close Counter fodder, well here you go if you wish.

As for me, my free summon was Sanaki. HP+/SPD-. Spent just 9 orbs and got nothing else.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Dumped 50 orbs trying to get either Flora or Lilina but no luck. Back to zero orbs again. C'est la gacha vie.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The game chose Klein as my designated Askr Blaster driver, and then of course he naturally said "At this range..." before he launched the counter arrow.

779.gif

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see IS acknowledging that the pull rates for non-focus 5* should either be gone (will never happen fully) or at least not rise together with the focus pull rate.

I would like some CC fodder Dancing Mad Xander, but i want to know when the holiday banners drop first. Those units have been super solid so far and i want some semi-assuring orb stash again when they drop.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Surprise surprise!

A banner of past seasonal units is up! This however is like a leg banner where the 5* unit is guaranteed to be the focus one. And it starts with a pity rate of 6%.

Focus units consist of Picnic Flora, Summer Lilina and Ursula, Bridal Tanith, Groom Pent, Hoshidan Summer Elincia and Xander and Flower Girl Sanaki.

So if anyone wants to grab some Close Counter fodder, well here you go if you wish.

As for me, my free summon was Sanaki. HP+/SPD-. Spent just 9 orbs and got nothing else.
I haven't done the maths, but I think the current Takumi banner would still give you better odds of getting close counter than the seasonal one since Xander is sharing colourless with Ursula.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So ... Strike phase .... is that really it? you pick how many arrows you want to use and then just hit the button? Nothing else for the whole day? Underwhelming.

I haven't done the maths, but I think the current Takumi banner would still give you better odds of getting close counter than the seasonal one since Xander is sharing colourless with Ursula.

For what it's worth, Dancing Mad Xander also comes with QR3 ... so you potentially save 20k feathers for that skill. (RELEASE QR3 AT 4* IS!)

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I still have 750k feathers hoarded. Can you even get more than 999k? I'm already at my limit with crystals.

Groom Pent is relevant to my interests. Forgot to pull more Igrenes for more Pulse Smoke fodder.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Some people in AR are pure cancer and need a kick in whatever genitals they have.

Just made a revenge fight, enemy fucked my def with 3 mythics (double Eir, Peony), Galeforce Legendary Eirika and Vallazura. All +10 of course, what else. Still, managed to beat one of the attackers and only lost 19 Lift due to my def team setup.

Their def team: 2 +10 Yune, 2 +10 Vallazura, +10 Veronica, +10 Aversa. Ultimately, i managed to beat that cancer map with my current team thanks to high merged Fjorm with bonus stats tanking shit like no tomorrow and Ophelia AoE everything that wasn't a +10 green chaos god. Lost two units though, so i doubt that this person has really lost any Lift with that def team. That makes me somewhat angry.

AR really needs a "one copy per hero only" rule.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not falling for that bait banner. The last legendary banner already made me waste so many orbs. Seasonals are a waste of time anyway.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they kept doing these double banners, instead of these rando seasonals pitybreaking me on a Legendary banner. Some of them have good fodder, but I'm never going to merge any of them up.

They should just put Legendary, Mythic, and the semi-recent pool/duo units (3 Houses, Brave) on those banners. It's not gonna happen in the short term (since some seasonals are still missing) bit it would be a nice long term change.

(Also an all-Legendary/Mythic unit banner would be pretty epic.)

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Taco banner is better for getting cc, but color sharing isn't why. The effect color sharing has on average orb spending is honestly nearly negligible.

In general, divide the base rate by number of focus units (0.75% for seasonal, 1.33% for taco banner); the median number of orbs more or less scales with this number.

That said, there's an argument to be made that the seasonal banner is a better value; e.g. Xander has CC and an HB dagger in one. But, if you want cc as cheaply as possible, go Takumi.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Luckily, I still have one Takumi left. All I need is deciding who I want to use as my Vantage sweeper: Kronya, Matthew or Saizo. Or Maybe save it until I can +10 Norne? She'll be demoted to the 3*-4* pool in a few months.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
HB Dagger? Does that stand for Heavy Blade or something? Dancing Mad Xander has the anti-cav dagger. Did you mean Ursula? Cause she has some penalty working dagger.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Mjolnir's Strike Counter phase is boring. I spent one arrow just because. Honestly I don't know when I should spend the rest.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For real. In shield phase, all you need is one good round, which is at these tiers too easy. Now counter phase, this is only pushing a button and selecting 1 to 3 of those arrows.

I expected more honestly.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think that maybe today's banner means that Legendary banners will start having only legendary and mythic heroes? We could get a monthly banner of seasonals reruns and a montly banner of legendaries/mythics. Mythics and legendaries are becoming more prominent in new modes (AR, AB, MS) so it would make sense that they should become easier to get.

Oct 25, 2017
I used all three which might have been a mistake, but honestly I didn't know if we're getting any more, how many more strikes are happening, when this event ends... eh, I'll deal.

I can get behind the month-end banners being Legendary/Mythic exclusive. Another banner means another freebie.
Do they really only have 4 colorless LegMyth heroes? Huh.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Do you think that maybe today's banner means that Legendary banners will start having only legendary and mythic heroes? We could get a monthly banner of seasonals reruns and a montly banner of legendaries/mythics. Mythics and legendaries are becoming more prominent in new modes (AR, AB, MS) so it would make sense that they should become easier to get.

Hmm, maybe.

I do think that longterm, legendary/mythic banners will be only legendary and mythic units and these kind of banners seem like the perfect solution to give seasonals a midyear rerun.

My one hesitation are the duo units, and the fact there's no indication how they'll be rerun (assuming they are eventually rerun); IntSys could easily launch a second set of 8%/12 person banners featuring duo heroes that conveniently gives a new place for these seasonals are new heroes that couldn't fit onto L/M banners. But if duo heroes have a much more tame rerun scenario (e.g., just a four person banner in the middle of each month, say), then I feel these seasonal banners are as you say.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If legendary/mythic banners get legendary/mythic heroes only, they kinda need to add more of them faster. Or else, regarding colorless, we're about to see much more +10 L'Alms or L'Leifs ... and i don't fancy that.
Only reason i have a +8 FGrima is because she was the only colorless legendary for ... how many months? 6? 7?

This mode is ... Ok, not great.

What happened to hall of forms?

Thorr's busy right now. Come back in a week/month? (We need the schedule already.)

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Counter Phase should have us fighting Narcian in a challenging map instead of just pressing a button to launch the arrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Can't believe it took you this long to get 11 Lachesises (Lacheses?).

That's a lot of summoning banners on the schedule there. Might have to clear more barracks space.
Mjolnir's Strikes not being on the calendar might mean this thing isn't so much an event as it is an ongoing thing like Arena or AR.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I did my first Light Season battle with Peony and noticed that it's possible to stack a bunch of speed on an omnitank now. I like to use Kaden + Caineghis as an enemy phase team, and they were able to get Caineghis' speed into the mid-40s. Crazy.

I dunno if stacking speed really helps omnitanks that much since he one-shotted the mages in response, but it's fun to play around with. Maybe someone faster like Ross could get fast enough to pass all the speed checks.

New calendar! Hall of Forms is back this month!

Whohoo! Glad to see it back.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of free seasonals we get from Tempest Trial. Another Winter Cecilia quality unit would be a nice holiday present.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So many upcoming banners, not enough orbs to go around.

Ah well, at least we've got a nice rotation of modes coming up too.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm so confused by the new mode, is it a weekly mode like arena? Because I don't see it ending in the calendar.
From the Feh channel I expected it to be a normal event.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
God, AR. It REALLY needs some limitations. I just got a full def loss (39 Lift) against a team of +10 Reinhard, +10 L'Leif and a triforce of dancers, Peony, Vallazura, Dancing Mad Micaiah. Only Micaiah wasn't +10. I try to have a fair def team, using only 1 dancer and you get to face fuckers like this one player. At least, it felt good perfectly beating them in revenge, no unit loss, all Lift buildings destroyed.

I'll die on this hill, max. 1 dancer in both defense and offense teams.

I'm so confused by the new mode, is it a weekly mode like arena? Because I don't see it ending in the calendar.
From the Feh channel I expected it to be a normal event.

Well i hope it's a weekly thing, else this was probably the most underwhelming event since Relay Defense.

---

E:

Btw. did i miss something or is there a reason every enemy offense team and every enemy def team had Reinhardt so far?

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I did my first Light Season battle with Peony and noticed that it's possible to stack a bunch of speed on an omnitank now.

Yep. I'm using Fjorm as my tank this season and used double Peony for +8 speed and another +6 in-combat. Most significantly, it means she can't be doubled by Legendary Alm! Pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.