• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
756 seems to be just enough to go up to tier 13 on Mjolnir's Strike. I think this will be the last week I'll be able to increase my tier.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I won't be moving up a tier (750). I figured it'd happen sooner rather than later, since I don't have a proper arena core.

I'll probably invest into Sheena soon, since well, I've put off investing into a proper arena core way too long and she's the best option I have of units i can +10 right now. Ross/Echidna are better longterm, but not banking on pulling copies of them in a timely fashion.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The funny thing about 2 copies of +10 W!Sothis is, yeah, she's the first true 185 BST unit, but all duo units also get a 185 BST score in arena... so why limit yourself by getting only Sothis? Wouldn't Sothis + Marth/Elice give you better diversification while scoring identically?

On a related note, I ended up making a strategic decision to +10 W!Sothis myself, partly for Mjolnir Strike scoring and partly because I needed a third core unit for a fire-blessed team. I also factored in the possibility of getting a bunch of Ross and Echidna copies to bump up scores for my other arena cores (but that will be a gradual project since feathers are always scarce).

Methinks maybe, just maybe, they're a Sothis super-fan which partly explains why they had two fully-merged. One of their other units was actually Marth/Elice though, funnily enough. lol

Obstruct is a legit skill in Mjolnir's Strike.

After years of being relegated as a junk b-skill except in very rare circumstances, watch as it becomes the first skill to get banned in this mode, just as it gained widespread usefulness for the first time ever. lol

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Galeforce seems way more useful to me.
I use Yarne and Clair as my attackers and if you get an enemy spawn where you can end one character's galeforce attack on the bottom row you can dance them, switch to the ally, and kill four enemies before they even get a chance to move.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Today marks my first time reaching top 3k (#1658) on AR. I couldn't make it into tier 27 but at least I got my first golden throne.
Having 2 mythics on my defense team made a big difference. I only lost 60 lift this whole season.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Curiously, the only difference between Regnal Astra and Imperial Astra is, Regnal has the "this skill cannot be inherited" text and Imperial doesn't

Although I doubt a 40% SPD special will be inheritable anyway

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
zVnAybQ.jpg

Werk~

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Did a little research on this and found out that Travant is a lance flier too, most likely. (He was a Wyvern Lord who either had a Silver Lance or Gungnir which would be a PRF lance). He's probably ending up with a better kit than Altena as well.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
No 3*-4* unit makes me sad.
I like Genealogy but the units look underwhelming. I bet they'll have great BSTs but even the preferred weapons aren't as amazing as other weapons in recent banners.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like 752 is the minimum for going up 1 tier in Shield mode. I was at 750 and went through the hassle of squeezing a few more SP skill points to get to 752. This mode is kinda my comeuppance for not really optimizing an Arena core, lol.

I have no idea who these new banner units are so it is an easy pass for me. I already miss 2019, when it was Tellius every other banner.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Guess who's back! (Also back at work...)

Well look at that, good old Bonejack returns on the day of a new banner preview. I still have zero connection to those SNES game chars, so i don't have any massive urge to pull here.
Altena or Ced look like demotes, might be Altena because she only has a prf weapon and no new skill. Also ... i just don't see IS making Pulse Smoke 3 available per a 4* unit, even if it would be a 5* promotion skill.
But hey, prove me wrong IS, i double dare you!

Repel 3 is a strange skill ... on one hand it protects against AoE specials, on the other hand if you initiate you push the enemy back one tile ... really disjointed skill somehow.
Steady Posture 3 might find some use on the other hand. Guard effect is always great.

No direct 3*/4* is sad, why break the streak now? There should be some semi popular hero that would fit that spot in the Holy War game.

New Years stuff was pretty good for me, got all focus save for Anna with my saved up orbs and the tickets, and some off focus on NY 2018 and a NYHrid on NY2019.

Due to me and the Mrs. having some short vacation, i wasn't really able to crack another tier in MS or some good ranking in the VG.

Looking forward to the update, should be tomorrow, right? Cordelia refine hype, and i also have a high merge pity breaker Leif ... so drop something good on him.

Finished Virion merges during the holidays. Next projects will be all the anti dragon 3* / 4*. With the Arena change, i aim to have a +10 anti dragon sword user for each element. Fits greatly, as there are 4 of them. ^^
Beginning with Marth, as he already has gotten some merges during times where i didn't have a set project.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The more i think of it, the more i'm convinced that whoever in this thread said, those MS Codes are for the Gen 1 units, is right.

Just look at the enemy list of MS so far. It's the Gen 1 GHB units. Narcian, Michalis, Ursula, FRobin, nothing else yet. I'd guess they might remove them from the Grails shop down the road. Or change their currency to those codes and lower it.

Normally, the Falchion hero that would be the easiest and fastest for me to +10 would be Maskcina ... but until we know what those codes are for, i hold off from dropping any grail on the gen 1 units in the shop.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Chasing arena scores is one of my least favourite things about this game. I'd rather spend my feathers and fodder on units I like.

Speaking of feathers I've hit the cap again so it's time to look at another merge project.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Just look at the enemy list of MS so far. It's the Gen 1 GHB units. Narcian, Michalis, Ursula, FRobin, nothing else yet. I'd guess they might remove them from the Grails shop down the road. Or change their currency to those codes and lower it.

I'm pretty sure they're just doing ghb/grail units in release order; there's nothing deep about the MS theme imo.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Completely forgot about doing the mjolnir map this round. Oops, well, doubt I'm the only one to miss out on such a forgettable mode that's only accessible for what, a day or two at a time.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I got a Winter Sothis and she trivializes Tempest Trials. I just move her into range and twice a map top up her health and that's game over.

The more i think of it, the more i'm convinced that whoever in this thread said, those MS Codes are for the Gen 1 units, is right.

Normally, the Falchion hero that would be the easiest and fastest for me to +10 would be Maskcina ... but until we know what those codes are for, i hold off from dropping any grail on the gen 1 units in the shop.
It wouldn't make sense to finally come up with a solution to GHB units in the form of grails, and then invent another solution. It'll probably be "buy any book 1 unit" and cost will scale based on rarity. Then they'll pull them out of the gacha except for specific banners.

Oct 25, 2017
If y'all haven't used your counter arrows for Strikes yet, it's at 3x Power for the next 45 minutes.
.... whatever that means. I'm still not quite sure myself.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Nothing like opening the game and seeing the Forging Bonds notice pop up. Might be my least favorite event thanks to the dull stories and needlessly repetitive grinding. And to cap it off, they're far too frequent. Feels like we get one or two per month while other events run every other month. :/

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing like opening the game and seeing the Forging Bonds notice pop up. Might be my least favorite event thanks to the dull stories and needlessly repetitive grinding. And to cap it off, they're far too frequent. Feels like we get one or two per month while other events run every other month. :/
I feel the opposite. The character stories are waaay better and fleshed out compared to the mediocre main story of the game and plus free summon tickets. It can get grindy but hey, you get double HM so I'll take it

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I skip the Forging Bonds stories, but FB is nowhere near as grindy as Tempest Trials. And 16,000 feathers are nothing to sneeze at, so there's that.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Welcome back Bonejack. Hope you had a nice vacation. And still hoping those MS pages are meaningful. Would be great if you get gen 1 units with them; there are still some I haven't gotten yet.

And Ayra definitely needs to get a weapon refine soon. Poor princess keeps being powercrept all too often now. First it was Karla, then Owain, then both Mareetas, and her daughter no doubt about it.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
TT is just 2x5 maps each day...

There's nothing more frustrating than having one character left to grind and you keep getting bonuses of every other character...

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should clarify, top 1K Tempest Trials is way more grindy than Forging Bonds lol. Sorry, I sometimes forget that most people don't aim for top rewards.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
FB is nice to get HM on. Besides, the character stories have gotten a lot better for the past few events. Incorporating more characters into the stories just made them much better.

Honestly, TT should give 2xHM after you clear the 50k mark.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Top 1k is only 2k feathers less. I reached top 1k once and it's not worth it. You need to score more than 200k points.

Yeah, I do about 250K every time. Whether it's worth it depends on the person of course -- I squeak every possible feather out of the game for my endless merge projects. Probably average about 60K feathers per week, but it's never enough.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I feel the opposite. The character stories are waaay better and fleshed out compared to the mediocre main story of the game and plus free summon tickets. It can get grindy but hey, you get double HM so I'll take it

Those are some good points, I'll admit. The stories have improved since the mode was introduced (but I still find them boring and I've been noticing that the dialogue annoyingly reuses a ton of small phrases like "don't worry" and "in any case" way too often). The first summon tickets are always nice. And I actually forgot all about the double HM since I only use my core team to grind and they were maxed out eons ago.

TT is just 2x5 maps each day...

There's nothing more frustrating than having one character left to grind and you keep getting bonuses of every other character...

I doubt I'm alone on this, but I prefer to read all four character dialogues before each group convo, so it's a pain to have to quit each map when it's a color that I don't want, to keep the pacing even. lol

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Update's up. Stats of the new units and skills for Travant should be datamined soon.

For the new weapon refines:

Rebecca's new weapon is a prf slaying bow. Her refine is a full on spectrum buff of +4 when she has a stat. Much like Arthur's. Pretty simple and not too bad.

Leif's refine adds the slaying effect. And grants +4 on SPD and DEF when foe is at full health. I guess having that slaying effect is at least worth it, but doesn't mesh well with units with HP-chipping builds and Duma.

Henry's refine accommodates his low ATK (as most of you predicted). If the foe's ATK is greater than or equal to Henry's ATK by 3 points, he's grants a -6 debuff of ATK and RES on the foe, as well as the guard effect. Wow! Wow! Wowwee!

Cordelia's weapon now only lowers her SPD by -2 and her refine grants her a +4 in-combat buff of ATK and SPD during combat. But that's if she's at or above 70% health. I think this could work, as arguably buffs her player phase.

Edit: Next Mythic Hero was leaked through datamine.

Lif, which was a long time coming.To explain, his weapon is no longer considered enemy-only now.

Stats of the new units:
lsnhek871h941.png

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Cordelia's refine is so bizarre. I actually dread the possibility that she might be an upcoming bonus unit and force me to build one. I think Henry got the best deal out of this round, I don't really like the character but I'd sooner build him.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Cordelia's refine is so bizarre. I actually dread the possibility that she might be an upcoming bonus unit and force me to build one. I think Henry got the best deal out of this round, I don't really like the character but I'd sooner build him.

At the very least, it will at least be useful for future Rokkr Seiges events, given you can make use of noontime and guard for quad builds. But honestly it should have just been Swift Sparrow. I guess for the most practicality, SPD refine seems to be what some outside this forum are suggesting. And there is always giving her firesweep lance instead.

Meanwhile (not confirmed) but people claiming Travant got shafted in skills.

Apparently he has Flier Guidance, Ignis, Vanatge (?) and..........

Just Silver Lance+

Gonna take a page out of a video PM1 uploaded today.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RIP Leif. Was kinda expecting Slaying, given his personal B-skill, but the added skill is a big shrug. He got Lukas'd.

Looking forward to the comparison videos between Henry and Sophia. If I recall, Sophia has bulkier Res, but I think the Atk/Res swing for Henry (+Guard) makes him more flexible for creative builds.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Glad Cordelia's PRF is a Brave Lance upgrade but yeah... I'd rather refine for Spd/Atk and keep Desperation + Swift Sparrow seal for a player phase build.

What's Henry's best Boon going forward now? Still Atk, or Res for the extra 4 points?/

Status
Not open for further replies.