• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Cordelia's PRF is a Brave Lance upgrade but yeah... I'd rather refine for Spd/Atk and keep Desperation + Swift Sparrow seal for a player phase build.

What's Henry's best Boon going forward now? Still Atk, or Res for the extra 4 points?/
I'd say Res for better tanking. His attack is so bad that you'll still deal most damage from specials.

My opinion on the refines:
  • Henry: Got the best refine of the batch by far. Guard and essentially Atk/Def/Res+6 is excellent.
  • Cordelia: A bizarre refine. I feel it'd make more sense if the brave effect was dual phase (it's still strong though). The fact that it has 10 mt feels weird but it goes in-line with Klein's Bow vs Gordin's bow. Amiti is just a special case that has both 11 mt and +3 spd.
  • Rebecca: Quite underwhelming. She needed something stronger to combat her terrible stats. Niles got 3 effects on his bow, it's a shame Rebecca got shafted.
  • Leif: Also underwhelming. I figure the extra Spd can work for something like Close Call but it's still a meh refine. I guess the slaying effect is good though.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Like I thought cordelia fans would complain even after getting one of the best weapons in the game.
getting just worse amiti is certainly disappointing, worse trigger and for absolutely no reason, 1 less mt
Cordelia has one more base attack than elincia

Cordelia: A bizarre refine. I feel it'd make more sense if the brave effect was dual phase (it's still strong though). The fact that it has 10 mt feels weird but it goes in-line with Klein's Bow vs Gordin's bow. Amiti is just a special case that has both 11 mt and +3 spd.
If it was dual phase it would be broken, the only 2 dual phase brave prfs we have now are given to units that are slow, cordelia isnt. seriously, this refine is much better than cherche's. Cherche gets only 1 mt above it and loses 3 more speed and has a refine that isnt offensive at all. 70% is very forgetting and ties up with cordelia being a perfectionist.

----
About the other refines, all ok to good, henry's prf is super good but i dunno if it enough to make him useful. Leif's weapon makes him faster and tankier, as well he can do things like turn 1 astra with sdrink, time's pulse and quickened pulse.

About the new units, Travant is just a worse altena that by herself is a blue Cherche, but no brave prf. Ced is yet another fast green mage and Larcei is just another boring fast female myrmidon with very predictable statline. Mareeta is just much better than her tho.
Shannan is interesting, very high atk, ok speed, and very good defense. He will suffer against mages but against physical units he can be basically unkillable if you give things like close call to him. Talking about close call, i wonder if with close call he might be decent at tanking mages too. Tho then he would lose wrath/vantage. Well he is definitely the most interesting unit of the batch because while he has a lot of potential it isnt as cut dry to use like larcei that is just Ayra 5.0(or 6.0? i forgot how many ayra clones we have now)

Last edited:

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Like I thought cordelia fans would complain even after getting one of the best weapons in the game.

If it was dual phase it would be broken, the only 2 dual phase brave prfs we have now are given to units that are slow, cordelia isnt. seriously, this refine is much better than cherche's. Cherche gets only 1 mt above it and loses 3 more speed and has a refine that isnt offensive at all. 70% is very forgetting and ties up with cordelia being a perfectionist.
I never said it was a bad refine, I just said it's bizarre. Cordelia is very clearly a PP focused hero so getting an effect that gives stats on both PP and EP is a bit odd.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I never said it was a bad refine, I just said it's bizarre. Cordelia is very clearly a PP focused hero so getting an effect that gives stats on both PP and EP is a bit odd.
It isnt even bizarre. 70% is manageable, and way less weird than some of the past refines we had. And like I said it ties her with her perfectionist aspect, Subaki, that is basically genderbent Cordelia, gets a similar refine
Anyway if people dont want manage her hp they can just give her a spd refine.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

So if Cormag got a 9 might brave lance prf it's fine because he has one more base attack than Cordelia?

I can understand Amiti being a special case @ 11might (cough 5 star unit cough) but trying to justify this because she has one more base attack is bizarre to say the least.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to be technical, Amiti has 2 effects. It is basically

Grants spd +3. Inflicts spd -5. If user initiates combat, units attacks twice.

The other brave weapons with only -2 spd penalty only have one effect, with the -2 being part of the brave effect.

Its stupid, but that's what makes amiti special. The problem is, some weapons have 3 or 4 effects, while others only have 1. Most 3/4 star prfs have less effects than 5* exclusive prfs

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So if Cormag got a 9 might brave lance prf it's fine because he has one more base attack than Cordelia?

I can understand Amiti being a special case @ 11might (cough 5 star unit cough) but trying to justify this because she has one more base attack is bizarre to say the least.
Cormag will neve get such good brave refine tho, he is free and male
And yeah cordelia natural atk explains why her refine is worse, brave weapons scale with atk so they probably don't want such powerful unit available at 4*
And Elincia has 1 more speed, whats your point

and Cherche has 3 more attack
Yeah and cherche gets no spd bonuses and a refine that isnt even offensive, completely nonsense comparison since cherche probably got the worst deal of all brave weapon refines.
Learn this people, stronger units will get less impactful refines than weaker ones, specially if they are 4*; there is a reason why Henry refine is so powerful, it is because he sucks. Cordelia doesnt
If you want to be technical, Amiti has 2 effects. It is basically

Grants spd +3. Inflicts spd -5. If user initiates combat, units attacks twice.

The other brave weapons with only -2 spd penalty only have one effect, with the -2 being part of the brave effect.

Its stupid, but that's what makes amiti special. The problem is, some weapons have 3 or 4 effects, while others only have 1. Most 3/4 star prfs have less effects than 5* exclusive prfs
Yeah, just compare Lukas and Neph. At that time there was no uproar that his weapon has one less effect despite being similar.
Cordelia refine is fine, it still is brave weapon, people complaining about it when there are much worse thing like seth's or titania's is weird

Oct 25, 2017
Learn this people, stronger units will get less impactful refines than weaker ones, specially if they are 4*; there is a reason why Henry refine is so powerful, it is because he sucks. Cordelia doesnt
this literally makes no sense when Elincia exists, and cherche. Strong units that got amazing weapons/refines. We have even more examples like Brave Ike. They are (expectedly) inconsistent when it comes strong or weak refines on weak or strong units. (Titania for example has quite a weak refine on quite a weak unit. Not useless, but its not strong).

Your "Cordelia has 1 more STR" makes absolutely no sense when compared to Amiti. Its the same weapon, on a nearly identical stat lined character, but just 1 less mt given. The +EFF is a different discussion, but HP requirement certainly sucks compared to SwSp, especially with a speedy Brave user, as it is opposite synergy with Desperation for quad build. Shes in a weird spot with this weapon where she cant do quad builds like Elincia, and shes not pure 2 shot stack attack like Cherche. Shes still fine, theres no arguing that since its still a 10mt brave weapon with little speed penalty on someone with a good statline, its just weaker than what the other flying brave units got for prfs

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
this literally makes no sense when Elincia exists, and cherche. Strong units that got amazing weapons/refines. We have even more examples like Brave Ike. They are (expectedly) inconsistent when it comes strong or weak refines on weak or strong units. (Titania for example has quite a weak refine on quite a weak unit. Not useless, but its not strong).

Your "Cordelia has 1 more STR" makes absolutely no sense when compared to Amiti. Its the same weapon, on a nearly identical stat lined character, but just 1 less mt given. The +EFF is a different discussion, but HP requirement certainly sucks compared to SwSp, especially with a speedy Brave user, as it is opposite synergy with Desperation for quad build. Shes in a weird spot with this weapon where she cant do quad builds like Elincia, and shes not pure 2 shot stack attack like Cherche. Shes still fine, theres no arguing that since its still a 10mt brave weapon with little speed penalty on someone with a good statline, its just weaker than what the other flying brave units got for prfs
Elincia is a 5*, Brave Ike is a 5* too. Read what you quote.
Also btw, cordelia with her refine reach 14 mt, cherche with atk refine is 12 mt. Discounting the 3 atk difference cordelia will only have one less atk than cherche. If Cherche can do 2 shot builds so should Cordelia, with the bonus that she is better against these new close call skills because of her much better speed.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The hell? The Mjolnir's Strike with Michalis took a week and a half to prepare, and now Navarre's showing up this Friday?
Thorr must be bored.

Maxing out Cordelia is tempting, but I've already got two blue +10s and I'm considering making my second colorless +10 instead for balance.
It'd mean blowing most of my grails though, ugh.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I have no attachment whatsoever to Cordelia as a unit, I've never used her and never even promoted one to 5* except as Galeforce fodder. I have no intention of doing so unless it becomes necessary to maintain Arena T21 as a bonus unit. But even I believe Cordelia was cheated with this update.

First, her refine is anti-synergistic with the classic quad desperation build. Second, while it boosts atk to help with an initial Galeforce proc (assuming Heavy Blade), once she takes damage in that first encounter, the refine is basically neutralized. The -1 Mt isn't even that big of an issue (I agree that IS probably didn't want Cordelia to outdamage a comparable 5* exclusive unit). The issue is that there is no incentive to go with this refine over a generic Firesweep Lance. The only justification you have for wasting the dew is waifu, but you actually make her inferior in the process.

Look at the poor souls on Reddit trying to craft builds that work with this prf. They can't do it. Cordelia's lance needed Swift Sparrow, a Heavy Blade or Slaying effect, or even Firesweep. But because it's only an upgraded brave lance, the best thing you can do with it is ignore the extra effect and refine it for spd instead (which admittedly turns it into a pretty good weapon).

Not everything can be on the level of the Whitewing refine, but I feel bad for the Cordelia folks just the same.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, in my main team her new lance means she does more damage with or without a refine, so a better Brave Lance is great for me.

Like StAidan said, not everything needs to be super OP or burst, but Cordelia's still one of the best standalone QuadSperation units around, unless you reaaaaalllly wanna sacrifice a newer unit's Prf builds.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
There's no need to theorize why she got 10 mt. Look at brave prfs added to the game:

- Argent Bow: 8 mt, Spd -2.
- Renowned Bow: 9 mt, Spd -5.
- Cherche's Axe: 11 mt, Spd -5.
- Rowdy Sword: 11 mt, Spd -5.
- Cordelia's Lance: 10 mt, Spd -2.
- Dancing Reinhardt: 9 mt, Spd -5.
- Dancing Ishtar: 8 mt, Spd -2.

Spd+3 is always traded for 1 mt, the only exception being Elincia for some reason.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'll say, at the very least I could see Cordelia is a pretty good unit to use. Yeah I'm still mixed with the effect refine, though I feel it could still have its applications. Case in point: Rokkr Seiges.

Now probably one of the best strats on reaching 150K to get the accessory was quad attacking with guard and noontime equipped and having 3 dancers with you. Cordelia's refine could theoretically benefit from constant activations of noontime to maintain being above the HP threshold to get the in-combat buff. Not to mention you can stack up on giving more damage like equipping death blow and the SwSp seal. Though might not be perfect against all Rokkrs, as I can attest having trouble with the dagger ones.

Still would I have preferred she get a different effect refine? Yes, but I personally could see myself making due with the refine Cordelia got nonetheless. Which is why I'm actually going to get both the effect refine and the SPD refine (almost at 400 divine dew). The former will certainly be tested for Rokkr Seiges, but the latter is definitely going to be more practical in other modes since it does pretty much negate that SPD penalty and for the fury + desperation builds.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to clear out my heroic ordeals. I can't solve Mercedes (4*) and it's the first one I've been really stuck on. Any suggestions?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have no attachment whatsoever to Cordelia as a unit, I've never used her and never even promoted one to 5* except as Galeforce fodder. I have no intention of doing so unless it becomes necessary to maintain Arena T21 as a bonus unit. But even I believe Cordelia was cheated with this update.

First, her refine is anti-synergistic with the classic quad desperation build. Second, while it boosts atk to help with an initial Galeforce proc (assuming Heavy Blade), once she takes damage in that first encounter, the refine is basically neutralized. The -1 Mt isn't even that big of an issue (I agree that IS probably didn't want Cordelia to outdamage a comparable 5* exclusive unit). The issue is that there is no incentive to go with this refine over a generic Firesweep Lance. The only justification you have for wasting the dew is waifu, but you actually make her inferior in the process.

Look at the poor souls on Reddit trying to craft builds that work with this prf. They can't do it. Cordelia's lance needed Swift Sparrow, a Heavy Blade or Slaying effect, or even Firesweep. But because it's only an upgraded brave lance, the best thing you can do with it is ignore the extra effect and refine it for spd instead (which admittedly turns it into a pretty good weapon).

Not everything can be on the level of the Whitewing refine, but I feel bad for the Cordelia folks just the same.
Lol, are you seriously trying to paint a brave prf like being cheated?
Being cheated is what they did to Seth or Titania. Why do you feel bad for Cordelia fans and not for the fans of these characters? Because they arent as loud?
There's no need to theorize why she got 10 mt. Look at brave prfs added to the game:

- Argent Bow: 8 mt, Spd -2.
- Renowned Bow: 9 mt, Spd -5.
- Cherche's Axe: 11 mt, Spd -5.
- Rowdy Sword: 11 mt, Spd -5.
- Cordelia's Lance: 10 mt, Spd -2.
- Dancing Reinhardt: 9 mt, Spd -5.
- Dancing Ishtar: 8 mt, Spd -2.

Spd+3 is always traded for 1 mt, the only exception being Elincia for some reason.
The reason is because elincia is 5 stars and they want people to pull for old 5 star units instead of dropping them to 4 stars
Urvan
Geirskogal
Blazing Durandal
Staves
Bladetome prfs and the whitewing prfs too (with the exception of palla).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to clear out my heroic ordeals. I can't solve Mercedes (4*) and it's the first one I've been really stuck on. Any suggestions?
I pulled it off with the free Legendary Ike and a 4*+1 +SPD Mercedes, I needed to give LIke a Distant Defense 3 seal in order to not have him get one shot by Doot. Mercedes had Assault, Imbue and the Spur Def/Res 1 seal.

1) Start with Ike in the first position. Move him down two spaces and have Mercedes follow.
2) Move Ike up two spaces, move Mercedes up two spaces.
3) Move Mercedes one left and one down to kill Ranulf, then have Ike move two spaces to the left and strike Delthea. She should have 10HP left.
- Delthea should hit Mercedes and Mercedes should hit back for 5HP.
4) Move Mercedes up and to the left and hit Delthea for 5HP, killing her. Don't have Ike move at all.
5) Move Ike to the left and hit Laev. Move Mercedes down to heal Ike.

Unfortunately because my Mercedes' merge or +SPD boon the enemies might act differently for you. You might have to give Mercedes ATK+1 skill inherit.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'd put Golden Dagger (Saber's refine) and Sun Dragonstone (FKana's refine) up there too. The only shame is that both heroes are 5* locked and Saber in particular is Book I so, even harder to pull.
The dagger refines have been really good. Matthew and Saizo have found a place as F2P AR Vantage sweepers without much investment. Kagero is also really good on IP defense teams.

Oct 25, 2017
uhh, certainly forgettin Ragnarok when naming best refines above

But alongside those
Amiti
Nameless Blade/Hauteclare/Shanna's Lance
Concealed Blade
Dark Excalibur/Scarlet Sword (However high investment to take advantage of since needs special spiral)
Spy's Dagger (requires good setup)
Kagero's Dart

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I mean YMMV depending on what units you currently have on your roster. And it's also a YMMV on how you can apply the refine.

But here's what refines I wouldn't recommend off the top of my head:

Takumi
Anna
Seth and Titania to an extent
Leo
Florina to an extent

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna break the cycle on the Seth/Titania ones to say that while they're not the best of the best, they definitely have their uses and aren't in the Anna tier for sure.

Incredible on a Tactics team, and moreso with things like Bonus Double, stat checks, L!Azura and the like. Titania with her refine, Atk Tactics and the Def Tactics seal is great for bulky EP teams. Pair her with an armour unit with DC and Vengeful Fighter for some fun.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Gonna break the cycle on the Seth/Titania ones to say that while they're not the best of the best, they definitely have their uses and aren't in the Anna tier for sure.

Incredible on a Tactics team, and moreso with things like Bonus Double, stat checks, L!Azura and the like. Titania with her refine, Atk Tactics and the Def Tactics seal is great for bulky EP teams. Pair her with an armour unit with DC and Vengeful Fighter for some fun.

Pretty much what I was thinking of putting but was commenting on a 10-minute break. Not great for combat, but Seth and Titania would make for excellent buff bots. Now if we could start getting duel cavalry skills, then maybe they could make decent score bots.

As for Florina, I guess the issue with her PRF is that it should have been an upgraded barrier lance given that Berkut's Lance goes great with her res and can run DC to take down mages. Don't get who thought it was a good idea to have her weapon work only on melee units considering her poor statspread. Though given the plethora of skills we have got since her refine, perhaps she can be a good anti-dragon unit with skills like mystic boost to negate adaptive damage. And stack that with tier 4 stance skills too. That's my two cents there.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I have made (and witnessed) some pretty big brain PvE plays with Anna's refine. It might seem odd, but when you pair it with Wings of Mercy she can warp all over the map, which can be really powerful in the right situations. I don't regret refining her.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Florina is actually pretty tanky, give her a Def boon, Fort Def/Res on A slot and she gets 40/45 defenses at +10 +5. The only part that's kinda sucky about her refine is the Spd boon. An effect similar to Henry's would've been killer on her.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
With things like rally atk/spd+ and link skills being available i think that even as buffers seth and titania arent that interesting

why?

Pretty much made an explanation above but to rephrase I don't find it to be an inheritably bad refine, hence "to an extent." Just question Florina being given such given her stat spread even with the in-combat buff. Plus it only works against melee units, so giving her DC would be out the question. Though as mentioned, we did get more new skills since then, so I can see her taking advantage of tier 4 stance skills and mystic boost to negate adaptive damage against dragon armors. So maybe I could be wrong about Florina's refine and just wasn't seeing the bigger picture beforehand.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
I must have spent over 300 orbs on the Christmas banner - after Veronica and Caineghis, I now am officially pity broken @5.75% by a dupe Fallen FCorrin with no other 5* in that circle. My luck had been absolutely horrible this month.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, those refinements are ... mediocre. Henry's seems to be the most interesting, but i'm not too keen on Henry to begin with.

Was super lucky on this banner. Saved up orbs gave me an off-banner Evil-No-More Mareeta, -Spd because my Evil Mareeta is -Spd too (...), an Altena, +Atk, and a Smol-Ayra, also +Atk. Would've like Shannan more because i find his stat kit more interesting than just another fast sword nuke, but that's shared color focus for you.
Altena was more of an accident in one of the (too) many pulls without a red orb, because i can see her dropping. But rather a new wyvern sprite than another green infantry mage.

Also got a +Atk and +Spd Echidna from the few rounds with only colorless and green, so those are some nifty base versions for future merges. ^^

Btw.: Who's talking crap about Titania's refinement? Gotta fight you! ._.

Her Tactic-Trio build in addition to the massive cancelling of the Arena cancer that is Liki, and to a certain extent Bad Tiki, and blue units in general is super useful. First cav hero i +10'd, even before the Spellhardt.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got Shannan with my second ticket! And he's +ATK/-HP!! 😍

I've avoided the dreaded colorshare loli shit, and I couldn't be happier, especially after my horrible luck with the Xmas/New Year's tickets.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
QSbqOdp.png

lol

I think the Faerie King is gonna end up as the main villain in this book.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well ... she's certainly wearing the perfect outfit for that title.

Not an expert in the norse mythology, but i think the Dark Elves have their own king/queen/ruler, iirc. Guess that will be the big bad.

E: Also ... since when are lewd dreams bad dreams ... or even nightmares? ._.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Well ... she's certainly wearing the perfect outfit for that title.

Not an expert in the norse mythology, but i think the Dark Elves have their own king/queen/ruler, iirc. Guess that will be the big bad.
But it seems like Plumeria and Triandra aren't actually bad though, more like being forced to act this way. And with Peony's "sister" line, they'll all end up as friends trying to take down the baddie who split them apart, which I think is going to be Freyr. Or maybe both Freyr and Freyja will be bad.

P.S. Gunnthra better have something to do in this book, considering her power with dreams.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, i think its enough of Marth/Elice banner for me. I was sniping blue and colorless, and green if none were present.

The result was Lugh, Yarne, BHector and Forsyth.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Are those previous SNES units somewhat higher in the appearance rate than other off focus? My buddy texted me that he got an off-focus Eyvel.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Got a neutral Altena from a ticket which I'll take for Arena runs. Not really concerned about the units from this banner so least it was pain free while I chase NY!Lethe.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
We still don't even know what happened to him. Anything that happens offscreen basically doesn't happen at all.

Let's face it, Helbro died so Beachbro could live. Same with Gunnthra appearing in the Dream World. Hel was basically the chance to have Gunnthra, Laegjarn and Surtr reappear in the "main story world", didn't happen, so it's other worlds versions for Anna's money making shenanigans erm i meant paralogues. ^^

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Let's face it, Helbro died so Beachbro could live. Same with Gunnthra appearing in the Dream World. Hel was basically the chance to have Gunnthra, Laegjarn and Surtr reappear in the "main story world", didn't happen, so it's other worlds versions for Anna's money making shenanigans erm i meant paralogues. ^^
Well, Surtr did appear briefly. Everyone is fair game for a comeback, but Helbindi's whole shtick is that he doesn't die when faced with all this adversity.

If Fjorm can live through her COUGH for umpteen chapters, we can get Helbindi and Gunnthra back. (And Alf's hot daddy~)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Surtr did appear briefly. Everyone is fair game for a comeback, but Helbindi's whole shtick is that he doesn't die when faced with all this adversity.

If Fjorm can live through her COUGH for umpteen chapters, we can get Helbindi and Gunnthra back. (And Alf's hot daddy~)

So how's Fjorm doing in the main story so far? ;D They don't even use the alive ones, i'm pretty sure the dead ones are dead. ^^

And Fjorm just needed some hot spring chilling in Aether Resorts and got some magical heal everything berries from her new forest friends after Mordecai told them it's okay and that she's a friend.

I'm going to bet, we will see Gustav again, but not as Ghostav, but as a young prince Gustav when FEH hit's the time travelling storyline.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
QSbqOdp.png

lol

I think the Faerie King is gonna end up as the main villain in this book.
I am really surprised that the attractive female villains are actually good people while the old woman was pure evil, it never happens in fiction
Seriously, they could at least try. 3H didnt fall in this trap but they have a different problem with hypersexualizing their female villains with Cornelia and Kronya

Status
Not open for further replies.