• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I am really surprised that the attractive female villains are actually good people while the old woman was pure evil, it never happens in fiction
Seriously, they could at least try. 3H didnt fall in this trap but they have a different problem with hypersexualizing their female villains with Cornelia and Kronya
Note: Freyr is a man.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yay, I got a free Quan with my first summoning ticket. Finally I can erase the speed bane of my other +ATK Quan. I'll +10 him and Sigurd eventually. I just wish Gaebolg got a refine.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
A new event calendar up.

EN4N9pdUEAAaVTE

3rd anniversary celebration starting on 2/1.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the february special heroes aren't something like onsen again. Lunar revel would be great, but I guess a Japanese game would never do something that is more tied to Chinese culture than theirs.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Ced's C conversation has gotta be the shortest one ever, at just eight dialogue boxes.

And one of them was an ellipsis. 😂

I really hope the february special heroes aren't something like onsen again. Lunar revel would be great, but I guess a Japanese game would never do something that is more tied to Chinese culture than theirs.

You'd think so, but Nintendo's very own Dragalia Lost thought otherwise...

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oooh nice, I like Tempest Trials, glad they're hammering us with them. Would like to save a bunch of orbs up for the 3rd year anniversary and some of the upcoming Legendary/Mythic banners. The February Legendary banner is currently projected to have 9 of them (out of 12 available spots), might be a decent time to get a grab bag of merges.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Another new heroes banner? I really though the only new heroes left this month were a special banner like Hot Springs last year. Special heroes in February should be Valentines, and March Easter banner 4.
Oh well, more TT+, more seals, free units and orbs.

Curious about that "Defeat 1000 enemies" quest.

Levelling Altena made me remember that i really, REALLY would love to have more variety, both in looks and animations, for the mounts of cav and flier heroes. More of those snake-like wyvern from Sacred Stones, more unique looking ones like Altena, Michalis and Narcian and so on. Guess the wyvern units from Three Houses will also look different with their antler like horns.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, looks like my Mjolnir's Strike progression slows down now. With a score of 772 I'm currently looking to promote to Tier 15 rather than 16. I could bump my score a few more points by foddering off a whale rally and merging my extra Eir and Peony, but I don't think it's worth losing that Aether Raids flexibility.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only capable of a 752 score right now so it's into Tier 12 for me.
Which is fine, I can deal with ~50 Codes a Strike, and it'll give me enough gems to purchase the rest of the mechanisms.

Now we just have to find out what the heck Codes are used for.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they don't drag this out until the anniversary, but with the January update out and all i fear that it's going to be one things in the anniversary Feh Channel.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would expect they are delaying the reveal of the Divine Codes to make sure almost all players have enough to redeem something when it goes live. If it turns out to be 100 codes for the 1st Gen1 merge, for example, they want a lot of people to be right there.

It makes a lot of sense for them to reveal that "prize" mechanic as part of the Anniversary, and reveal a new mode at a later time.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Codes will be for merges. The "Part 1" denomination (which is Ch. 1 in Japanese) makes me think it'll work to unlock stories or something like that. Maybe character stories like in other gachas.

Merges would also be the most boring use of them IMO. I want something that somehow helps against the powercreep.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I've been really fortunate with the free pulls from the tickets on the new banner, although they are all pitybreakers. Got an Adrift Camilla, an Idunn and a Nah.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
They're totally gonna take a leaf out of Dragalia Lost's recent change and let you bump a select few Gen 1 units to level 60, that you have to unlock using the codes.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
Keep the highschool idols away from my medieval warfare! Seriously though, i think the TMS characters would work very well as duo heroes. but I doubt IntSys's gonna do anything with it, maybe some alts for Chrom and Tharja.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Man, cav line as defense team does not work AT ALL in T21. Poor Reinhardt gets absolutely destroyed by the green whale units there. I also saw a few green raventomes passing by.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Man, cav line as defense team does not work AT ALL in T21. Poor Reinhardt gets absolutely destroyed by the green whale units there. I also saw a few green raventomes passing by.
It can work if you mix it up with melee cav units. Brave Roy/Eliwood with Galeforce + Lunge to lure enemies into a trap. Most cav lines I've seen, use mages and healers only but those are easier to tank.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
My cav line is a shameless adaptation of the one Akariss runs and still works great. It requires investment, though. Your healers MUST run Panic, your bow cav MUST be tanky enough to survive an encounter to activate WoM Thrasir, and if your cavs aren't merged then you'll probably lose anyway. Reinhardt is definitely the least effective unit in my cav line, but it hardly matters when Nanna and Louise go to town.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
My cav line is a shameless adaptation of the one Akariss runs and still works great. It requires investment, though. Your healers MUST run Panic, your bow cav MUST be tanky enough to survive an encounter to activate WoM Thrasir, and if your cavs aren't merged then you'll probably lose anyway. Reinhardt is definitely the least effective unit in my cav line, but it hardly matters when Nanna and Louise go to town.
Is Louise tanky? I use a +10 BLyn and what usually happens is Reinhardt gets baited and BLyn and the healers become sitting ducks after they charge forward. I don't have a Thrasir though.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My light bikecina team destroys it, but my galeforce astra team has problems
Tbh bikecina destroys almost everything in this game except for igrene, even then i just use my old ophelia team against her and the rest of the bikecina counters some people try to run

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Is Louise tanky? I use a +10 BLyn and what usually happens is Reinhardt gets baited and BLyn and the healers become sitting ducks after they charge forward. I don't have a Thrasir though.

With merges and foddering off Candlewax Bow, she's got decent bulk and enough speed to avoid being doubled. I recently procured a spare Lull Spd/Def that I plan to give her next season too, which should help even more.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity has anyone ever seen Ced or Altena on the loading screen that shows current summon units? I only ever see Shannan or Larcei so I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence or if they're only advertising the "better" units.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Ah Mia banner.... tempting but I'm happy to stick with my +8 Mia.... anyway free pull... red of course.

It's Mia.

Shit.

Also what time of the year does the 4-5 star units turn into 3-4? Hopefully I can pull my first Reyson after that patch goes live, because instead of him I get shit like NY Leath and Kaden in the same pool. I got a random Sue the day before that....

Since she demoted 2 Echidna's btw, also 3 four star copies of Ross.

Seriously though what's the actual % chance of me getting Reyson if I pull a 4 star green?

Also fuck this game for making Peony Light mystic because I can't pull an Astra mystic to save my life.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I always forget that Reyson is a 4*-5* unit because I keep getting 4* copies of him. Meanwhile, I've yet to get Python or Echidna.
I'm looking forward for the anniversary because I want to +10 Norne and Ross.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Just wish some Year 1 units would get demoted still. I mean what does a regular Lucina bring these days? Especially when one has 2 easier-to-obtain options in Chrom and "Masked Marth." And whenever the Sealed Falchion gets a refine, we can add Exalted Chrom on the list, granted he's not easy to get but what sets him apart from those 3 other units is that he's a cavalier.

And jeez I forgot to throw in my arrows on MS! It honestly didn't help it wasn't even a week since the previous one.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for demoting units like Nephenee and Dorcas. And Vanilla Lyn, so i can finally fix that Atk bane on the single one i have. In short, save for maybe Pineapple and Vanilla Hector, not a single Gen 1 unit has any room or place in the 5* pool, and the two exceptions are only due to their A-skills.

And i'd finally, for the love of all the gods that exist, want a 4* unit with QR3 available. Yes, it's still one of the most wanted skills. Yes, there is a seal. Still, drop it to 4*!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Peony might just be the best supporting dancer now. At least for me.

Pure stats-wise, she can't hold a candle to LAzura with her +6 to all stats, and she doesn't give +1 movement to infantry and fliers, but Gentle Dream is the game changer here. A better version of Ground Orders as a free skill is excellent in practice. It opens up so much more positioning options for you. As an example, Peony, being a flier, can be positioned on forests, mountains, lava etc. and basically teleport units who would otherwise be inhibited by the terrain. Not just one, but multiple since you can chain them together. It's much easier to do than Ground Orders since it affects units in a line of Peony and the unit she dances as well.

The free +3 to atk/spd is icing on the cake. I think it's better than drive skills honestly. While it doesn't affect units diagonally of her, she can buff units from across the map, which can be vital for a frail dancer by staying away from the front, especially one that's weak to bows. Her Res and Spd are pretty good though and she can tank red mages like Aversa on a whim. To compare, Peony has 38/16/27 defenses with 36 spd. LAzura has 33/17/24 with 38 spd. Of course, if your team is heavily infantry or flier, then LAzura is probably better for the reach and pure stats she provides.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know what's ultra-annoying? Facing AR or AA teams that have both, Peony and Vallazura.

I'm not too fond of IS going nuts with dance effects. At least, they should make more skills/weapons/effects available that block the Assist skill, like Bridal Fjorms weapon passive.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have officially joined an elite club of players who have pulled a 5* Henry. -ATK, no less.

(Free summons were a mistake.)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got to AR tier 26 this week again. No golden throne but the other rewards are nice. My defense team still sucks but at having one mythic makes a big difference. I have to summon another Sothis or one Yune the next time they are available.

Oct 25, 2017
Travant was more or less a pushover - you'd think a king would have at least some reinforcements, but hey I ain't complainin'.
I stunk it up this AR season, but I'm still >T21 so it's all good.

We had a good run of free orbs, I think it'll dry up a bit until the anniversary in... *checks notes* Three Weeks? Aw man.

Status
Not open for further replies.