• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, a Lull Res skill is finally in the game. It was kind of inevitable but man is it going to hurt in AR when it shows up.

Also, those weapons are really cool. Probably not going to pull because I don't care about Tokyo Mirage Sessions but there are some cool weapons here.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
What new concept? The only new thing is the boosts based on how many units already attacked and it sounds the opposite of fun just like close call
Moreso the fact that we're getting characters that aren't your usual type of FE characters? Frankly it's quite interesting to see them in feh and i'm looking forward to it.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would prefer if they focused on the main game characters

They're already scraping the barrel for a lot of the games. In terms of design, which is all that changes, the last banner was another 2 black haired sword variants, another green haired mage and another generic ass armour, for crying out loud.

This is way better.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
They're already scraping the barrel for a lot of the games. In terms of design, which is all that changes, the last banner was another 2 black haired sword variants, another green haired mage and another generic ass armour, for crying out loud.

This is way better.
Yeah it's really a shame they don't have a recent game with relatively few characters currently in to pull from.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
You realise the irony in moaning about not including characters from a new game on the launch banner for characters from a new game, right?
You're the one who said "they're already scraping the barrel for a lot of the games", and I'd argue Three Houses actually isn't the only one that could put together a banner of new characters that isn't filler level.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Three Houses is also not the game that needs that cross-promotion and will become and continue to be the main focus for banners from this year until the next new mainline game. ;]

I'm all in for new Three Houses units, but the ones we got are basically the "main" bunch so far, only exceptions really are Mercedes and Petra. Those two should've been replaced by Dedue for Blue Lions and either Seteth or Flayn for the Church, given that the other two on that banner were the retainers of their houses' main lords. I understand that IS didn't and doesn't feel the urge to pour the Three Houses cast into FEH.
There will probably be a new heroes banner with Three Houses units when the last DLC pack is dropping.

Also, prepare for Edelgard to be one of the two winners of the womens' CYL side.

That said, i like that we get the TMS heroes. Will try for Rocket Horse erm Tsubasa and Kiria. I think a "cross-over" banner is in this case okay, given that TMS#FE is basically a Persona Lite take on Fire Emblem. Other cross-overs that have nothing to do with FE shouldn't be done though.
Btw. according to reddit, Eleonora's weapon effect has a false description. It prevents counter attacks, not follow-up attacks.

It's been a pretty "big" app update for a simple fix, imo. Any chance there's going to be a datamine? I think it changed/added more than just that Mordecai fix.

E:

Forgot, i don't expect a demotion from this banner.

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind not getting Three Houses characters at the moment because at some point they're going to go full Fateswakening on it and it will be all we ever see.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
2 boring powercreep sword units (literally Ayra's kids) headlining the banner doesn't exactly impress

The Blazing Blade banner was amazing, but the SoV banner didn't really stand out

boo, i can finally make a leonster family team and you do this to me.

As for this current banner its kinda weird, as its weirdly conflates with granblue

1. They kinda missed out on the popularity of Yashiro's va (he also voices male robin and shigure) pretty much causing Granblue to blow up over their new year banner, pretty unfortunate there .
2. Eleonoara's artist draws fan art of a certain granblue character everyweek and is pretty much known on the granblue reddit for posting her on twitter all the time.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Kinda silly to complain about the lack of Three Houses banners when we all know we'll be sick of them before the year is out.

I mean, you can use that argument against all the past banners since the Hilda/Hubert banner, but somehow TMS is at scrutiny here.

Did those banners have 4 waifus on it though?

This banner is so stupid. Not as stupid as onsen but this getting a banner and FEW not getting one is very weird

Powercreep prfs check
Nobody cares about them check

To be honest this release comes at a time where FEH could actually use a crossover banner, wasn't the same situation back when FEW was released, not even close.

Most of the prfs are weak, no idea why you think they're overpowered.

For something nobody cares about you're sure posted a lot about it in this and the thread in the gaming forum, oh btw when was the last time a FEH banner reveal got more than 5 replies in the gaming forum?

Last edited:

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I also think we need more 3H banners but this isn't the banner to complain about really, it makes sense to cross promote a new release. The issue is the banner before it which really should've been 3H.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
So on youtube this will be the most liked banner since the first Three Houses release, it only needs another 900 likes to hit second place and this is the day of release.

Three Houses - 11k
Sothis Mythic - 7.5k
Brave Echoes - 7.1k
The Chosen Ones (Naga) - 7.1k
A Splendid Soiree - 7.1k
A Star is Born - 6.7k

It's also the most disliked vid lol, but the likes easily outweigh the dislikes.

Same deal for the Japanese videos except it's already equal second with 1k while Three Houses is on 1.7k

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

This is way better.
Those 4 characters are more well known than any of this banner. Genealogy sold 10 times what TMS did in Japan. I would say that using spinoffs is scraping the barrel
Kinda silly to complain about the lack of Three Houses banners when we all know we'll be sick of them before the year is out.
People are using this argument for months. FEH is losing money and popularity every banner and not trying to capitalize on the best selling game of the series dont help.

Three Houses is also not the game that needs that cross-promotion and will become and continue to be the main focus for banners from this year until the next new mainline game. ;]
3H isnt the game that needs crosspromotion. FEH does.
So on youtube this will be the most liked banner since the first Three Houses release, it only needs another 900 likes to hit second place and this is the day of release.

Three Houses - 11k
Sothis Mythic - 7.5k
Brave Echoes - 7.1k
A Splendid Soiree - 7.1k
A Star is Born - 6.7k

It's also the most disliked vid lol, but the likes easily outweigh the dislikes.

Same deal for the Japanese videos except it's already equal second with 1k while Three Houses is on 1.7k
All of these banners ranked mediocre to poorly in revenue. It doesn't matter if the banner has likes if it doesn't sell well.
Also I think recent banners have more likes than old banner just for being more recent. The channel has more subscribers so more people watch each video each time. The like/dislike ratio is much more important, and it having more dislikes already isn't a good sign

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
3H isnt the game that needs crosspromotion. FEH does.

And you don't think a game that has been featured in recent Directs and plays a rather big part of Nintendo's own current marketing tweets does that for FEH? Or rather, less than Three Houses where there's currently no marketing done?

That's why i said that the next Three Houses banner will drop prior or around the time of the Switch games' last DLC pack at lastest.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
There was a huge gap between the Shadows of Valentia banners, but I didn't see people complaining as much as they're doing now for 3H.
You're gonna get your banner eventually. I for one am happy they're not milking the latest entry.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame they didn't also squeeze in a GHB and a 3*/4* unit, especially with only 2 members of the main cast left from TMS.

Of course they're both men so why would they go the extra mile?

I'm actually surprised they didn't do TMS Tiki. I guess with Encore giving a Mirage to Maiko they could eventually do a second TMS banner.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
That's uh... certainly a banner I guess?

Lol at the powercreep waifus though.

Tsubasa getting up to +15 Atk/Spd AND Desperation if they attack after other units. Okay sure.

A Prf Firesweep Bow that only kicks in on the player phase, meaning they can still counter on enemy phase? No biggie.

The mage unit hitting enemies with -9 Atk/Res thanks to their Prf and Lull skill? Hahahaha.

The armour unit getting doubles while stopping others? *thumbs up.png*

</s>

Can't wait for the TT+ unit to come with something like Pass and Defiant Res by comparison.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the TT+ unit to come with something like Pass and Defiant Res by comparison.
The boring-ass TMS protagonist getting boring-ass skills? Say it ain't so.

I actually kinda like Itsuki, but yeah I can't imagine he'll get anything terribly interesting.
Watch him get Chrom's original skill set: Defiant Def and Spur Def.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well, they need to make it worth using grails (and thus playing AR, and thus spending money on mythics) on, so they'll give him the 2020 versions: Brazen Atk/Def 3 and Drive Def 2.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There was a huge gap between the Shadows of Valentia banners, but I didn't see people complaining as much as they're doing now for 3H.
You're gonna get your banner eventually. I for one am happy they're not milking the latest entry.
SoV had 3 banners (technically 4) tho. It also sold much less than 3H

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
The 3*-4* red pool is so big, though. I'm running out of Chroms and Hinatas. Most of the other units don't have any good fodder.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You know, if this game really wants to promot TMS, they could make Itsuki good with prf sword and special/skill so people get attached to him and buy his game. kinda of a Reinhardt scenario. But I doubt the devs have enough vision for that.
They would also make one of the units drop too. What promotes game is making people be familiar with the characters, if every character is 5* locked and the f2p one isnt worth using why even bother make this banner to promote the game?
Dunno, Chrom is common enough? Aether is the last skill i'd need in the Grails shop.
His special has 3 CD so it wont be Aether.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I am expecting Mirage Sword (or whatever Itsuki gets) to actually be pretty compelling. Just look at the rest of the PRF weapons in this banner.

His skills will likely be underwhelming, of course.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they need to make it worth using grails (and thus playing AR, and thus spending money on mythics) on, so they'll give him the 2020 versions: Brazen Atk/Def 3 and Drive Def 2.

Those good skills though, plus kinda easy to get already? (Ares at 4* for the former, Linus in the grail shop for the latter).

But yeah, hopefully he'll have something going for him. They're not averse to good Prf weapons on freebies at least.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Given that he is the main character of TMS, i think it's likely that he gets a prf that fits to the themes of the others and a Session skill too.

Though what i find really funny ... all those units are idols. They sing and dance ... yet neither is a singer/dancer in FEH. ^^
Also ... anyone else thinks those could all be Duo Heroes, given that they come with their Mirages?

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Three Houses - 11k
Sothis Mythic - 7.5k
Brave Echoes - 7.1k
A Splendid Soiree - 7.1k
A Star is Born - 6.7k

Altina, Julia, and the Halloween banner not showing up on this list just tells me it really means nothing...as does the top 9 all time all being 2019.

Anyway, I wonder when CYL4 voting starts.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Given that he is the main character of TMS, i think it's likely that he gets a prf that fits to the themes of the others and a Session skill too.

Though what i find really funny ... all those units are idols. They sing and dance ... yet neither is a singer/dancer in FEH. ^^
Also ... anyone else thinks those could all be Duo Heroes, given that they come with their Mirages?
I expected them to all be dancers if they ever actually made it in. Would have been a fun replacement for the seasonal dancing banner.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im actually super happy we got a TMS banner, ive been waiting on this for ages.
It's a shame they didn't also squeeze in a GHB and a 3*/4* unit, especially with only 2 members of the main cast left from TMS.

Of course they're both men so why would they go the extra mile?

I'm actually surprised they didn't do TMS Tiki. I guess with Encore giving a Mirage to Maiko they could eventually do a second TMS banner.
I was really hoping for a Gangrel GBH but I guess not even OG gangrel is in the game. Also tbh TMS villians have such wierd designs that it would be hard to turn them into units lol.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder if they give the TMS Tap Battle some different backgrounds again. A little variety there couldn't hurt.

I expected them to all be dancers if they ever actually made it in. Would have been a fun replacement for the seasonal dancing banner.

What if Itsuki is a dancer? Maybe with a session-like dance effect then? Could be a nifty idea.

But yeah, a performing arts banner with the TMS cast is also what i thought to be the most logical thing. ^^

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I think if they were going to make a duo hero, they wouldn't have blown all the female party members on a regular banner.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
February 13th for the last Three Houses DLC, guess we will see new Three Houses units in FEH next month.

Hey, they're in the game now, they can still be Duo Heroes alts and release by one. ^^

I really liked TMS on wii u, and even I think a second banner would be pushing it for the game, the one is definitely enough, haha,

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I just figured they'd burn the Dancing banner on them this year, though I suppose that would mean a dancing cav unit considering Touma. (Touma/Maiko/Barry/Tiki, with Yashiro/Navarre as a GHB or TT unit to avoid colorsharing).

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
New units have been datamined. From Reddit:

Tsubasa 39|32|40|26|30 Super Boons: Spd, Def / Banes Hp, Res

Mamori 43|37|24|42|33 Super Boons: Spd, Def / Banes: None

Kiria 38|41|20|29|34 Superboons: Atk / Banes: Hp, Def

Eleonora 42|37|38|25|24 Superboons: Atk, Spd / Banes: None

Itsuki 41|37|30|33|32

Itsuki: Finding a Path

Sword, Infantry

Wpn: Mirage Falchion - Effective against dragon foes. Grants Def+3. If unit initiates combat, grants bonus to unit's Atk/Def during combat = 3 + number of allies who have already acted × 2 (max value of 7). If foe initiates combat, grants bonus to unit's Atk/Def during combat = 7 - number of foes who have already acted × 2 (min value of 3).

Assist: Swap

Special: Sol

Passive B: Atk/Def Link 3 (4 Stars)

Passive C: Drive Def 2 (5 Stars )

Shout out to Shaymin for guessing Drive Def 2 on the TT+ unit. Has an Atk/Def skill as well, so half right on the other one!

And if I think I'm reading this right, they get a flat +3 Atk/Def regardless of how many other units have moved each phase? Basically 40 Atk and 39 Def in battle (with the Prf +3 Def too), plus decent Res, enough Spd to avoid getting constantly doubled and anti-dragon?

Nice for a freebie!

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Itsuki is great for a free red sword unit. Having a great mixed defense, salvagable Spd, good Atk. And his sword being anti-dragon in addition to a mixed phase effect is awesome.
I bet he's going to be a grails project for quite a few players. Could also work good with DC, given his solid mixed defense.

Kiria and Tharja, more like Kiria and Tankja. Absolutely wants a Spd bane and an Atk boon, Def boon could work too. That Atk, woah ... combined with her double Res debuff (weapon passive and Lull skill) she's going to hurt, even for a Res tank.

I think the units all have good stats, but nothing in the stupid high territory. Guess that somehow fits the Idol theme, they need some preparation and support and aren't murdering the whole AA run alone like some armor dragons or FallenCorrin can.

---

Seals for the upcoming TT: Chill Res, Mirror Stance and Defiant Def (...)
Bonus units: The new TMS chars, including Itsuki, and (this will please MANY i think) vanilla Chrom, vanilla Caeda and Virion!

Chill Res completes the skill set in seals, great. Mirror Stance will get so much use on my vanilla Julia with her anti-dragon Close Counter passive. Defiant Def ... no TT without a joke seal, am i right?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017

My thoughts for them not being duo heroes is that they don't want to release four duo heroes at once since they've been slow to release them so far, and it would be weird for one to be a duo hero and not the others. Also so far every duo hero has been a limited character and they want these characters to be permanent since they could have easily made them limited anyway.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, they did make a new background for this Tap Battle. ^^

My thoughts for them not being duo heroes is that they don't want to release four duo heroes at once since they've been slow to release them so far, and it would be weird for one to be a duo hero and not the others. Also so far every duo hero has been a limited character and they want these characters to be permanent since they could have easily made them limited anyway.

Like i said yesterday, maybe they get Duo Hero alts down the line someday.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
*looks over a certain topic on yesterday's news, shudders and leaves it at that*

Anyways, interesting weapon Itsuki has. So essentially combing the 2 session skills as one? And not a bad skill set all around

I kek at getting another defiant sacred seal, but the rest are solid!

And now I'm now only one merge away from +10ing both Est and Tharja. My focus has mostly been for Est and then Nino, but still awaiting more copies, so Tharja was my third in line for merge projects and had more manuals for her.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Itsuki is a very good freebie. There's only 2 infantry swords with such a balanced statline, the other one being Summer Helbindi. Hence, he's a good project for f2p players.

He's basically a red version of Libra, which is pretty good.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
So for someone who doesn't play the other games - what the hell is going on? Movie stars, rocket horses, nightclubs in a city?

Status
Not open for further replies.