• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll trade you Triandra so you can just have your standard run-of-the-mill nightmares instead, while the rest of us are off dreaming about living it up in Lewdville.🥂

You can't deny it's the cultured choice.

I mean we all know Edelgard's gonna win 1st anyways. Might as well go for the risqué pick. 👀

Nah, i'm fine. I don't even know if i dream. I fall asleep and wake up, nothing in between. Either i can't remember if/what i dream, or i can't dream to begin with, dunno why.

And honestly, with Edelgard being voteable, every other female hero is a "risk" pick. ^^

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why everyone's so crazy about Edelgard. Going by her FEH character (I've pulled her thrice), she seems pretty boring. And what's the story behind her painting?

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought Bernadetta was the most popular female, based on my observation here and there. and Edelgard's reception just seems more polarizing. There are people who really hate those red thermal pants lol.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Nah, i'm fine. I don't even know if i dream. I fall asleep and wake up, nothing in between. Either i can't remember if/what i dream, or i can't dream to begin with, dunno why.

And honestly, with Edelgard being voteable, every other female hero is a "risk" pick. ^^

Ah yes, but Plumeria is a risky risqué pick, if you catch my drift. ;P

And I know this is a silly off-topic thing to discuss in a FEH thread, but I'm the exact same way when it comes to dreaming. However, I've noticed over the years that when my initial sleep is uneventful, if I wake up and then go back to sleep, my chances of dreaming skyrocket. I'm not sure what exactly this phenomenon is or if it even has a scientific name, but it's very weird for sure. 🤔
I don't know why everyone's so crazy about Edelgard. Going by her FEH character (I've pulled her thrice), she seems pretty boring. And what's the story behind her painting?

If you're a main FE character, and especially one that has your mug prominently featured on the front cover of your game, you're overwhelmingly popular by default. That's indisputable.

Now I can't speak to Edelgard's characterization in Three Houses since I haven't played the game and don't plan to anytime soon, but she could literally have the personality of a cardboard toilet paper tube and she'd still be popular.

As another example, just look at all the samey and derivative royalty in the series that folks go crazy over, not to mention characters that have little depth to them beyond a defining quirk. And I mean no offense to anyone by saying that, coming from a guy who considers Est as one of his favorites despite a personality that's summed up as "I'm the youngest Whitewing and I like to make stew!"

EASTER EST ALT SOON 🍲🍲🍲

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Btw.:

Enlighted and regular versions of the Byleths will be counted together, they gave an update on this. So it's only Bylass and Bylad being seperate, just like it was/is for Robin and Corrin.

If you're a main FE character, and especially one that has your mug prominently featured on the front cover of your game, you're overwhelmingly popular by default. That's indisputable.

Now I can't speak to Edelgard's characterization in Three Houses since I haven't played the game and don't plan to anytime soon, but she could literally have the personality of a cardboard toilet paper tube and she'd still be popular.

As another example, just look at all the samey and derivative royalty in the series that folks go crazy over, not to mention characters that have little depth to them beyond a defining quirk. And I mean no offense to anyone by saying that, coming from a guy who considers Est as one of his favorites despite a personality that's summed up as "I'm the youngest Whitewing and I like to make stew!"

EASTER EST ALT SOON 🍲🍲🍲

Characterization is imo one of the strongest things Three Houses has. Even the (imo) most vanilla lord, Dimitri, has depth.

You really should play Three Houses.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Characterization is imo one of the strongest things Three Houses have. Even the (imo) most vanilla lord, Dimitri, has depth.

You really should play Three Houses.

Tbh, FEH has been a curse in that it has almost completely turned me off from traditional FE. The accessibility by means of playing on my phone whenever I want to, the streamlined and easily distinguishable unit types, the 100% hit chance, the hundreds of characters, the never-ending stream of updates and additions, the competitive PvP... I could go on. And despite all that, I'm kinda sick of it after playing every day for nearly three years straight, but I just can't seem to let it go. The sunken cost fallacy is strong with this one.

Plus if I'm ever to start Three Houses, I should really occupy myself with my barely-touched digital launch copies of Echoes and Warriors first. -_-

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't get it either

She's the archetypical heroine character who gets her agency taken away by her male counterparts and is kind of weak and ineffectual in the main storyline. They were really hyping her up as one of the first respectable female lords but she came up short

Oct 25, 2017
2 straight banners of free pulling a 5* I dont care about

I dont even dislike Hubert, but by association with edelgard I just dont care about him

time to start wondering what to do with Hexblade

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vote for our first non white lord guys, that is great character too
unknown.png

About Edelgard
She is a very good villain. However I get super mad with parts of her fanbase that try to paint her as this hero that did nothing wrong when in the end she is very similar to the person she fought against. Another thing I dislike is how many of her fans excuse imperialism.
So for me she is very good character that the fans kind of made me like her less.

Oct 28, 2017
Tbh, FEH has been a curse in that it has almost completely turned me off from traditional FE. The accessibility by means of playing on my phone whenever I want to, the streamlined and easily distinguishable unit types, the 100% hit chance, the hundreds of characters, the never-ending stream of updates and additions, the competitive PvP... I could go on. And despite all that, I'm kinda sick of it after playing every day for nearly three years straight, but I just can't seem to let it go. The sunken cost fallacy is strong with this one.

Plus if I'm ever to start Three Houses, I should really occupy myself with my barely-touched digital launch copies of Echoes and Warriors first. -_-
Please, get out of my head haha!

Any good strategies for Mjolnir's strike? First few weeks were easy but I've hit a wall last week and can't seem to progress much now.

Last edited:

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Please, get out of my head haha!

Any good strategies for Mjolnir's strike? First few weeks were easy but I've hit a wall last week and can't seem to progress much now.
Are you struggling with score or beating the map? I will likely drop a tier this season as I just don't have enough high scoring units, even though the map is super easy, and my bottom 3 units barely get to act.

Oct 27, 2017
Did a bunch of pulls on the TMS banner. All I got was a +HP -Def Mamori. Feels bad.

Also, I have to say I really appreciate the music choice for this tap battle. Best songs Dream Catcher and Smile Smile are in. I prefer Fly to Feel but I guess that is kinda Tsubasa's signature song.

About Edelgard
She is a very good villain. However I get super mad with parts of her fanbase that try to paint her as this hero that did nothing wrong when in the end she is very similar to the person she fought against. Another thing I dislike is how many of her fans excuse imperialism.
So for me she is very good character that the fans kind of made me like her less.

That's pretty much how I feel about her too tbh.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'll give all my votes to Seliph, and if midterm shows sigurd is in the lead, for him.

I doubt either will win, but I really don't see anyone I particularly care for winning CYL4, so might as well.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it either

She's the archetypical heroine character who gets her agency taken away by her male counterparts and is kind of weak and ineffectual in the main storyline. They were really hyping her up as one of the first respectable female lords but she came up short
that's...about the opposite of what she is

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it either

???
Edelgard??

I'm struggling to comprehend how you could have possibly came to that conclusion.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Tharja gets my vote obviously, but I doubt she has a chance with 3H characters being in the running now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In that case, don't look

Maybe I wouldn't say she did nothing wrong, but Edelgard was definitely right.
indeed there's a difference between doing nothing wrong and being right in the broad sense

Having right motivations don't make her right, in the end she still invaded 2 countries, one being a neutral one, just because they disagreed about her position about the church. Trying to impose your ideas on other people is never right even if the ideas themselves are right.
So no I wouldnt say she was right in the broad sense. But that is what makes her a good villain.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This whole discussion is reminding me I need to finish my Black Eagles run. I probably shouldn't have played Edelgard's route after Claude's. I think it ruined Edelgard for me. :(

EDIT: What the heck was this AR meme defense today? It was literally 4 Ophelias, a L!Azura, and Brave Micaiah. It was pretty easy to tank with Helbindi, but was a huge WTF moment today.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sorry... I don't post here as much as I used to so it really looks like i'm being sincere

Edie is my fav FE character at the moment lmao

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Having right motivations don't make her right, in the end she still invaded 2 countries, one being a neutral one, just because they disagreed about her position about the church. Trying to impose your ideas on other people is never right even if the ideas themselves are right.
So no I wouldnt say she was right in the broad sense. But that is what makes her a good villain.
She's right because fighting the injustice of the nobility system is right. You can't throw a stone at Garreg Mach without hitting someone deeply affected by either the crest system itself or the deep social stratification it caused. Evidence of the system's injustice is everywhere and Edelgard is one of the few Fire Emblem protagonists who act proactively to tear down a toxic institution.

Hand wringing over violating the borders of the Kingdom and Alliance is meaningless because the borders of the Kingdom and Alliance (and the Empire) are meaningless. They're all derived from the nobility system; the very system that is to be torn down. There is no point in abiding by the lines drawn by the church and the rich families to carve up Fodlan between themselves. To tear down the system means to eradicate these borders as well. In a war against the nobility system, no noble territory is neutral.

In this respect, she is a lot like Claude, only Claude expands his view on borders even further, beyond Fodlan itself. Just evidence #297 that the two are on the same wavelength if only they could stop fighting each other.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She's right because fighting the injustice of the nobility system is right. You can't throw a stone at Garreg Mach without hitting someone deeply affected by either the crest system itself or the deep social stratification it caused. Evidence of the system's injustice is everywhere and Edelgard is one of the few Fire Emblem protagonists who act proactively to tear down a toxic institution.

Hand wringing over violating the borders of the Kingdom and Alliance is meaningless because the borders of the Kingdom and Alliance (and the Empire) are meaningless. They're all derived from the nobility system; the very system that is to be torn down. There is no point in abiding by the lines drawn by the church and the rich families to carve up Fodlan between themselves. To tear down the system means to eradicate these borders as well. In a war against the nobility system, no noble territory is neutral.

In this respect, she is a lot like Claude, only Claude expands his view on borders even further, beyond Fodlan itself. Just evidence #297 that the two are on the same wavelength if only they could stop fighting each other.
Sorry but this sounds just like the type of imperialist talk is used to defend american interventionism. Edelgard should have no say what other countries decide for themselves, regardless if you view their systems as evil or not. It doesnt matter if the church is the reason the countries are independent, it only matters that they are independent.
You don't liberate people by adding them to your empire by force.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
This whole discussion is reminding me I need to finish my Black Eagles run. I probably shouldn't have played Edelgard's route after Claude's. I think it ruined Edelgard for me. :(

EDIT: What the heck was this AR meme defense today? It was literally 4 Ophelias, a L!Azura, and Brave Micaiah. It was pretty easy to tank with Helbindi, but was a huge WTF moment today.

Couldn't be as bad as facing 5 Dumas and a Kronya.

Oct 28, 2017
Are you struggling with score or beating the map? I will likely drop a tier this season as I just don't have enough high scoring units, even though the map is super easy, and my bottom 3 units barely get to act.
I was mainly struggling with completing the map without having a unit dying, which tanks your score. I played around with some skills and got a clean clear but it's gonna get harder so i was wondering what's everyone's team looks like.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry but this sounds just like the type of imperialist talk is used to defend american interventionism. Edelgard should have no say what other countries decide for themselves, regardless if you view their systems as evil or not. It doesnt matter if the church is the reason the countries are independent, it only matters that they are independent.
You don't liberate people by adding them to your empire by force.
Someone should have told Dimitri and Claude that, since in their routes they both absorb Adrestria by writ of "Finder's Keepers", I guess. In Crimson Flower there is at least an ideological underpinning that since the church is bunk, the crested nobility are illegitimate.

Besides, the entity that Edelgard actually declared war on was the church, which was just as necessary for destroying the nobility within Adrestria as without. Any attempt to rein in the nobility without destroying their base of power would just result in another Insurrection of the Seven. It was only after declaring war on the church that the Kingdom and Claude's faction of the Alliance allied with the church against Edelgard. Both are reactionary responses to Edelgard's revolution against the privilege of the nobility.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should have told Dimitri and Claude that, since in their routes they both absorb Adrestria by writ of "Finder's Keepers", I guess. In Crimson Flower there is at least an ideological underpinning that since the church is bunk, the crested nobility are illegitimate.

Besides, the entity that Edelgard actually declared war on was the church, which was just as necessary for destroying the nobility within Adrestria as without. Any attempt to rein in the nobility without destroying their base of power would just result in another Insurrection of the Seven. It was only after declaring war on the church that the Kingdom and Claude's faction of the Alliance allied with the church against Edelgard. Both are reactionary responses to Edelgard's revolution against the privilege of the nobility.
Claude let Fondlan on Byleth's hands, so blame byleth, can't say much about Dimitri because I didnt play azure moon yet.
Also doesnt matter the position of Claude's faction, his country was neutral because it needed the entirely alliance to agree to join the war, and even then it is revealed that the entire thing was facade made by Claude to make them remain neutral.
Anyways, I dont care about the excuses, I dont care if Edelgard was fighting against the privilege of the nobility(that btw, it isnt wasnt what I think she fought against , she fought against the crest system, nobles still existed after she takes over), she still acted like an imperialist by forcing her views on countries she had no sovereign power.
Anyway this talk is annoying me, I dont have much patience for people romanticizing imperialism in this day and age. You can see Edelgard as this tragic revolutionary hero. I see her as tragic villain that has many things in common with person she thinks is responsible for everything

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
To me Edelgard and Rhea were super similar, except where Edelgard had the better dialogue and more interesting personality traits, Rhea's actions actually come off as logical and consistent with her characterization and history, whereas edelgard's actions are just dumb

edelgard reminds me so much of conquest corrin, where everything she does just has me scratching my head

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I can't take the Edelgard was dumb takes seriously when shes clearly very politically savvy

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't take the Edelgard was dumb takes seriously when shes clearly very politically savvy
Edelgard is dumb is the same story as Edelgard is right for me but going for the total opposite direction, it is very clear why she does the bad thing she does and it isnt because she corrin levels of dumb.

Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard is dumb is the same story as Edelgard is right for me but going for the total opposite direction, it is very clear why she does the bad thing she does and it isnt because she corrin levels of dumb.
in golden deer
when given the chance to live by claude, she says fuck it and says kill me. Completely ignoring the fact that those who slither are still around and a gigantic threat having just nuked a city. But nah, being stubborn and dumb was more important than actually doing what she claimed was so important to do. Like ffs everything would've been screwed if Hubert didnt at least have some fucking intelligence
shit likethat and most other things she does completely remind me of conquest corrin

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
in golden deer
when given the chance to live by claude, she says fuck it and says kill me. Completely ignoring the fact that those who slither are still around and a gigantic threat having just nuked a city. But nah, being stubborn and dumb was more important than actually doing what she claimed was so important to do. Like ffs everything would've been screwed if Hubert didnt at least have some fucking intelligence
shit likethat and most other things she does completely remind me of conquest corrin
I think she is stubborn yes but I dont think she is dumb even in that situation.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I played around with some skills and got a clean clear but it's gonna get harder so i was wondering what's everyone's team looks like.

I've been using Heavy Blade Edelgard on the frontline as a Galeforce sweeper, Aversa as a debuffer, Peony on dance support, and Brave Micaiah to mow down any cavalry that manage to rush past Edelgard. It's been working pretty well so far!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Conquest Corrin acknowledged that she was evil.

Edelgard used incredibly flimsy logic about how the system works (removing crests will totes destroy all nobility) so as to justify imperialism to herself. She had no plans to deal with TWS aside from leaving it to her overworked vampire sidekick and the Edelgard of tomorrow. She trampled on commoners to destroy nobility and didn't even get around to doing that before declaring it all to be a good job. Without Hubert and Ferdinand her victory would have been a disaster.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Conquest Corrin acknowledged that she was evil.

Edelgard used incredibly flimsy logic about how the system works (removing crests will totes destroy all nobility) so as to justify imperialism to herself. She had no plans to deal with TWS aside from leaving it to her overworked vampire sidekick and the Edelgard of tomorrow. She trampled on commoners to destroy nobility and didn't even get around to doing that before declaring it all to be a good job. Without Hubert and Ferdinand her victory would have been a disaster.
but she isn't trying to remove the crests themselves she's trying to remove the institution that legitimizes the inordinate amount of power that being born with or without a crest has over people's lives, saying she has no plans to deal with the slitherers is a huge assumption on your part that she's an idiot that lacks foresight, and yes having her vampire sidekick whose specialty is covert operations handle overseeing those operations is a good idea. and ferdinand is a good advisor no doubt about that but if you pay attention to his and hubert's support conversations you'd know that it goes both ways and edelgard often convinces ferdinand of the merits of her ideas as well, this isn't all surface level stuff.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
PSA:

It's Strike Phase in Mjölnir's Strike! Don't forget to use your arrows!

----

Day 2 of CYL 4, Day 2 of Empress Edelgard.

Depending on the halftime results, i might drop in some votes for Marth. Despite not being the biggest fan of him, i think the joke of him always ending up outside the winner ranks has gotten old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.