• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The thing such galaxy brains are doing to me is not making me criticize the Feh Pass further, i think i've done that enough, but wishing they would get a fucking ban.

You're mentally not mature enough for me to interact in an online ecosystem if you think that insulting a part of humanity is a valid way to express criticizm against some optional subsciption shit.
And i'd question if you're ever going to be mature enough for that.

Plot-twist: Dude is already a Feh Pass subscriber. 🥴

(I do have to wonder if they'll ever add a visual indicator to distinguish players who are subscribers...)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just autobattling with whichever 5* has got the least HM in my barracks. That usually includes the bonus characters since they're so new, and I collect a bunch of feathers after TTs are done. I'm sure there are plenty more efficient ways to grind it out, but I always manage to hit 50K. Gimme dem orbs.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like to farm a little HM during Tempest Trials too, so am doing a bonus doubler team with L!Eliwood, Silque, Myrrh, and Nowi. I wish Silque was buffing one of the dragons (instead of Eliwood) but it works OK for autobattling.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not getting a 5* with those banner re-runs and the tickets, am i? The 5% is also a lie. ._.

Plot-twist: Dude is already a Feh Pass subscriber. 🥴

(I do have to wonder if they'll ever add a visual indicator to distinguish players who are subscribers...)

In this case ... just simply nuke this account. IS can afford not to take those few bucks really.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably the only person here who isn't confident enough to autobattle a TT. But nonetheless my team is Celica, Peony, W!Sothis and B!Camilla.
The only thing you really need is a staffless healer, preferably on a horse, with Physic+ and bulky stats/skills. I use Fortress Def/Res, Live to Serve, Atk Ploy, Chill Atk. Actually I'm so lazy now, I don't even bother to change skill sets anymore and use my AR Restore trap offensive cleric with Atk/Spd Push 4. Still clear it 99% times.

The rest can be whatever. DC/CC+Vantage and Aether/Sol/Noontime are optional but not required.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I always change teams for TT, don't like wasting HM. This time I'm using Silque and Celica as bonus, with Surtr and Duo Ephraim supporting. Surtr just breaks every mode so I can auto Lunatic 5 without much issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to squeeze out two more points in Thorr's Funhouse which means I can go up another rank.
The rough part is setting up every other unit to max out their arena points before I can lock them in, it takes forever.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I went down a tier in Mjonir's Strike last season for the first time and am looking at +2 tiers this week. I feel like it's just going to be "2 steps forward, 1 step back" until everyone settles into their max tiers.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The results for the A Hero Rises poll are up, therefore the top 8 that will appear in the upcoming VG that will determine the free unit.

1. Altina
2. NY!Alphonse and Sharena
3. Regular Sothis
4. L!Leif
5. W!Sothis
6. L!Azura
7. L!Alm
8. Edelgard

Lif was unfortunately knocked out of the top 8.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
The results for the A Hero Rises poll are up, therefore the top 8 that will appear in the upcoming VG that will determine the free unit.

Double Sothis?

side-eye-4.gif

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

1. Altina
2. NY!Alphonse and Sharena
3. Regular Sothis
4. L!Leif
5. W!Sothis
6. L!Azura
7. L!Alm
8. Edelgard

Lif was unfortunately knocked out of the top 8.

Edelgard still in? Bleh.

Hopefully they'll do 1st vs. 8th, 2nd vs. 7th, etc.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I spent so many orbs trying to get NY!Alfonse too, just like Altina. That's funny. Alf has such great fodder, though, would totally build a Kronya if he won.

Great list. I'd be happy with everyone.

(...Except L!Azura.) :p

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lif was just 115 votes from taking Edelgard from the top 8. Also duo Alfonse going up to 2nd place, he was 9th during the midterms. lol

But Altina is still at 2x the votes from the 2nd place. Her chances are extremely high. Just to point out, even if Edelgard vs Altina is the finals, and Edelgard gets the last multiplier, its a 12x multiplier vs a 3.25x multiplier, so a 3.69 advantage. And the votes alone already makes Altina's army 3.21 times bigger. Just adding Alm's (the 7th place) votes to Altina already makes her immune to Edelgard multipliers, basically.

Every unit there except Edelgard is extremely powerful, the odds of this going bad are pretty slim.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, Alm made it!

You all want me to back Edelgard? Given my horrendous luck in Voting Gauntlets, she won't make it past the first round.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Inb4 they do 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6, 7vs8 to increase Edelgard's chances and diminish Altina's

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Never tell nerds the odds.

Also, Altina vs. Edelgard should presumably be in the first round.
Is it a high vs low bracket? That would presumably help edelgard actually, but I still doubt she would win.

Also, looking at the top20 outside of the top 8, its fun how we have

The shiny new unit Lif.
Three unkillable supertanks (Idunn, Surtr, Fallen Corrin)
Two of the best sword units (LRoy, FByleth)
Two of the strongest nukes (duo Ephraim, LJulia)
????? (LIke, BVeronica)
And two regular average units that happen to be 3H lords (Dimitri, Claude)

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone be cool and let Altina win alright? I don't have an Edelgard so I'll be supporting her in the VG to ensure that she loses

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
In regards to my priorities, I would go with, Alfonse > Leif > Altina > the two Sothises > Alm > Azura > Edelgard.

On one hand people want that free Astra unit, but the duo unit though.

Day 12: 3* Seth

Last edited:

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I haven't played FE7, so I'm not familiar with most of the characters outside the big ones. Which ones are likely to appear with Nils?
I'm gonna guess either Limstella, Nergal, or Sonia are the GHB.

Last edited:

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played FE7, so I'm not familiar with most of the characters outside the big ones. Which ones are likely to appear with Nils?
I'm gonna guess either Limstella, Nergal, or Sonia are the GHB.

Hmm, not too many characters left to add who are related to Nils tbh. I'd guess Athos since he's the most plot relevant character aside from Nils left. There's a bunch of early game characters left to add like Sain, Kent, Wil, Rath and Erk. I think Rath did pretty good in CYL4 but this banner was llkely decided well in advance of that data. Of course it wouldn't be a Heroes banner without at least 2 women so I expect someone like Leila, regular Louise, a Ninian alt or Sonia/Limstella as you mentioned. Honestly, the well is running pretty dry for female FE7 characters. I'd like to see Vaida but not holding my breath there.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll support the one(s) that is/are easiest to fight, that means (for me) Altina, the Sothises, Vallazura or Edelgard if it comes to a Edelgard vs Alm, Leif, Alfrena final.

Being selfish here, but i just don't want to see even more Alms and Leifs. They're annoying already.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I just faced a +10 LRoy with Vantage in AR. Jesus he's one tough cookie.

Also, Idunn continues to be an impenetrable unit for my defense team. She literally solos my whole team lmao

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I just faced a +10 LRoy with Vantage in AR. Jesus he's one tough cookie.

Also, Idunn continues to be an impenetrable unit for my defense team. She literally solos my whole team lmao

Idunn always depends on her build. If she has her default Vengeful Fighter then it's best to find a unit that can tank her, she isn't too strong in terms of offensive power ... as long as you're not debuffing or already damaged her.

Given you're a fan of cav units, you might want to try to get Brave Eliwood with his Nini's Ice Lance, should at least help with the anti-dragon effectivness.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Free 5* Ryoma and B!Celica today. With the free Hector the other day too this ended up being a nice anni for me at least.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Idunn always depends on her build. If she has her default Vengeful Fighter then it's best to find a unit that can tank her, she isn't too strong in terms of offensive power ... as long as you're not debuffing or already damaged her.

Given you're a fan of cav units, you might want to try to get Brave Eliwood with his Nini's Ice Lance, should at least help with the anti-dragon effectivness.
Yeah, I've been trying to fit a blue unit in my defense team but it's hard to find room for one without sacrificing something else. Idunn isn't usually a problem for my offensive team since she doesn't always have DC, but the AI just kamikazes into her. I also have this issue with Duo Hector, Altina, Ares and Sothis.

If I take out BRoy, I have issues with BIke, WSothis, Nagi. Also he's my Chill Atk+Spd sponge lol. BIke can be a free win by timing my opponent out and is a real hassle for greedy people who use double Naga during Astra season. I guess I can take out HArachel, but I kind of like her range and offensive power. She does get sniped sometimes but also gets a fair number of kills. Same with BLyn if my opponent doesn't have someone to tank her. Dancer is always nice especially as I never see BFjorm anymore. Restore cleric is indispensable if they have Panic Manor or Aversa. People often forget about Restore taking my units back to 60+ atk again. I really want more Harsh Command+ fodder, but Restore + dancer works well for the time being.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'll support the one(s) that is/are easiest to fight, that means (for me) Altina, the Sothises, Vallazura or Edelgard if it comes to a Edelgard vs Alm, Leif, Alfrena final.

Being selfish here, but i just don't want to see even more Alms and Leifs. They're annoying already.
"Easy to fight"
Wants Lazura
Lol

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Took me 120 damn orbs, but managed to obtain V!Faye. RES+/DEF-. Could have been better, but could have been worse. She's still 180 bst with that res superboon! Banner sadly wasn't generous of me!in regards to green stones, so once again I get no duo hero lol!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
"Easy to fight"
Wants Lazura
Lol

Take blue sturdy unit with access to distance countering, put unit into Vallazura's attack range, ???, profit.

There, about 98% of the matches with a Vallazura play out like this. She's incredibly easy to fight, i never said a word about the rest of the enemy team.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Most Azuras I face are covered and some of them don't even carry a weapon.

Still, I think Micaiah is the more annoying dancer lol

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
are you in 21? because outside of meme maps built for free wins, ive never seen someone allow Azura to be baited free, not without also invoking LLeif, LAlm, LJulia, Ophelia etc

No i'm in T22 right now, barely made it in after said match 40 minutes ago. And even in the high-end tiers there's enough people who don't check their def setup well enough for me to find a way to bait the unit i want.

Player i battled for example. Was T22 too, flawlessly defeated his map. But it was a revenge, dude was able to brute force my map with a +10 Alfrena and 3 dancers.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
are you in 21? because outside of meme maps built for free wins, ive never seen someone allow Azura to be baited free, not without also invoking LLeif, LAlm, LJulia, Ophelia etc
This.
Also i would say the only reason LAlm is problematic is when he is paired with Lazura, otherwise he is much easier to deal with.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Micaiah is annoying when I want to super tank with WCecilia, but LAzura's range boost is generally the far bigger issue to deal with. Giving extra movement to hardy bearing Ophelia...
Either they position Ophelia at the back so she isn't an immediate threat or at the front so she can be sniped and you can Reposition/Drawback/Dance chain to safety. I also think a Galeforce unit will give you more options to hit and run or go for the complete wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.