• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Either they position Ophelia at the back so she isn't an immediate threat or at the front so she can be sniped and you can Reposition/Drawback/Dance chain to safety. I also think a Galeforce unit will give you more options to hit and run or go for the complete wipe.
its almost never that simple, its not like Ophelia is ever the only threat on that team, snipe ophelia and dance and reposition isnt going to get you away from the 3 movement LAlm

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If a defense setup allows for LAzura to be baited without overlapping ranges with an all-purpose nuke, then the def was not done correctly.

Thats also what makes LAlm so scary, get him to protect LAzura, pre charge his dumb special and suddenly baiting LAzura is impossible. Bonus points if Alm also has a rally skill to ensure he gets the 3 mov, spread buffs and no debuffs.

T21~T23 usually is not thaat bad, most have subtle flaws to be exploited. But the stuff you find on T26+ on the end of the season are truly terrifying

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Day 11: 4* Thea
Day 12: 4* Raven

Only took the free pull on last year's Valentine's banner, walked away with Reposition fodder (Barst). Saving all my orbs for the legendary banner at the end of the month.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm i think i have a +5 Ares from a beginning merge project ... kinda have the desire to built a Galeforcer. Though i ignored that special due to the 20k feather cost most of the time, is Ares even a decent Galeforcer? I think Dark Mystletain's effect should affect it.

Cordelia, if you are talking about the skill itself being available at 4* it is never happening, 3rd tier specials are always 5*

Of course i meant available at 4*. I'm swimming in Cordelias, but i'm a cheapskate when it comes to feathers.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm i think i have a +5 Ares from a beginning merge project ... kinda have the desire to built a Galeforcer. Though i ignored that special due to the 20k feather cost most of the time, is Ares even a decent Galeforcer? I think Dark Mystletain's effect should affect it.

Being an enemy phase unit really hurts Ares' ability to Galeforce effectively, so I wouldn't recommend it. His DC/Vantage build is still the best you can get out of him (and thankfully he's still really good at it).

If you want a sword cav for Galeforce, Eliwood is where it's at. His latest refine is crazy good for it because he doesn't need any additional special acceleration (Heavy Blade, etc.) for a 1-turn Galeforce. It leaves your Heavy Blade seal open for other Galeforcers that way.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
its almost never that simple, its not like Ophelia is ever the only threat on that team, snipe ophelia and dance and reposition isnt going to get you away from the 3 movement LAlm
Positioning the Tactics Room is therefore key. They're all affected by it.

Also Galeforce is more safe than you realize, especially with Reposition/Drawback. You can also use other structures to block their advance. The only issue is traps.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Will go all in on Team Altina for VG. I'd be alright personally with Leif because I like him, Sothis is at least a dark mythic, and NY!Alfonse is delicious fodder, but honestly not enthralled with anyone else.

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in for team Altina as well. Runners-up can be L!Leif and W!Sothis as I don't have either of those.
I've already pulled 4 Edelgards somehow so if she memes her way into the winner's circle there'll be some words, lemme tell ya

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Wow Edelgard managed to get in, she is a great unit but has no business being in the gauntlet.

If I had to pick I want Fonz or W!Sothis to win

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
Admittedly I'm not entirely sure there was ever a situation where I needed that extra bit of attack power on L!Azura, but more is better than none. :P
Probably a minor point, but a benefit to lower Atk for a dancer is how the AI uses them, though it really only affects auto-battle and AR defense. If a dancer has a combat forecast that says they'll do at least 5 damage (including doubles, but excluding specials), they'll attack instead of dancing, regardless of whether or not they actually do that much (Vantage, Ice Mirror, etc). It's not a bad idea to give dancers a skill like Fortress Def specifically for that sort of thing, and why Triangle Adept can backfire.

Incidentally, that same 5 damage rule means that Legendary Alm, who will pretty much always do at least 5 damage, will always take the shot over using a Rally if he can.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Rath is the demote, that's cool. And wow, Leila's dagger introduces a whole new class of behavior that could make for some really interesting plays.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, Leila is in the Feh! That's awesome, she got such a raw deal in her game.

Her dagger is super cool, would love to try it out in AR with a supertank. Also love what a middle finger Nils' B-skill is to Infantry Pulse teams. He won't knock down everyone but even 1 unit will help. With Frost Breath, he will be a handy support unit for certain comps.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nils!

No wait a second.. Both Nils and Fiora are blue

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
>call the banner The Dread Isle
>do not have Lord Nergal awaiting on The Dread Isle

k

Also, why is it the FE7 NPC waifus who get the busted-for-the-time kit? First Karla, now Leila. Naga help us if the random villager Chrom marries if you keep him single in Awakening ever gets in.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They look nice, but since I never played Blazing Sword, this banner is an easy skip for me. The legendary banner keeps calling my name...

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
>call the banner The Dread Isle
>do not have Lord Nergal awaiting on The Dread Isle

k

Also, why is it the FE7 NPC waifus who get the busted-for-the-time kit? First Karla, now Leila. Naga help us if the random villager Chrom marries if you keep him single in Awakening ever gets in.

Karla's not an NPC, though.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Am I right in saying that as the AI doesn't get the benefit of supports in modes like arena or AR attack, we'll never have to worry about actually facing off against Leila's weapon effect?

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am I right in saying that as the AI doesn't get the benefit of supports in modes like arena or AR attack, we'll never have to worry about actually facing off against Leila's weapon effect?

Yep. That's why we don't get any special charge shenanigans with Velouria on AR defense.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I managed to save up to 500 orbs, which is most I've had. Going all into the legendary banner to get Julia, and hopefully, have some leftover for the 3H banner.
Would've preferred one of the villains as a GHB, and a lance flier isn't the most appealing lol. Would rather have had Sonia or Limstella; but I'm guessing if Limstella ever shows up, they'll be on the banner similar to Idunn.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, early banner video. I'm a bit sad to see it's only Blazing Blade after that little Lysithea tease at the end of the Feh Channel.

Banner itself looks rather weak. Rath looks like the demote. Though Nils doesn't look to hot either but is probably staying 5* due to his prf breath and his new B-skill. Fiora could honestly demote too if not for that new weapon and that ... strange ... new C-skill. What a strange skill, Spd check, and a massive one ... >= enemy Spd +7 ... and then afterwards a penatly to Atk/Def based on 50% of Res difference?
Guess Fiora will be the sole and only wielder of the Phantom Speed seal.

Leila's dagger is the most interesting thing in the whole banner. Given that the Three Houses DLC just launched it sure reminds me of the Trickster class ability. That could make for some super interesting shenanigans.

Heath is the GHB? Lance wyvern? Meh. But i dig that his wyvern looks different again. More variety here IS, more!

No direct 3* / 4* and no 4* focus are disappointing. The latter will probably only be for new special heroes banners, so that's okay ... but no direct demote sucks. Why did you stop with that IS?

E: Free pull, "I could try for Hector" --> No greens, 2 colorless --> "Maybe i'll luck out on colorless then" --> 3* Saizo --> -_- ._.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Probably a minor point, but a benefit to lower Atk for a dancer is how the AI uses them, though it really only affects auto-battle and AR defense. If a dancer has a combat forecast that says they'll do at least 5 damage (including doubles, but excluding specials), they'll attack instead of dancing, regardless of whether or not they actually do that much (Vantage, Ice Mirror, etc). It's not a bad idea to give dancers a skill like Fortress Def specifically for that sort of thing, and why Triangle Adept can backfire.

Incidentally, that same 5 damage rule means that Legendary Alm, who will pretty much always do at least 5 damage, will always take the shot over using a Rally if he can.
Wow, I had no idea about any of this. Very useful insight I wish I had known about eons ago, but now that I'm aware of this I'll have to retrain my brain in how to approach these units. Thanks so much for sharing!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I had no idea about any of this. Very useful insight I wish I had known about eons ago, but now that I'm aware of this I'll have to retrain my brain in how to approach these units. Thanks so much for sharing!

Just remember, Alm is pretty much going to do more than 5 damage, so keep that in mind if you try to tank-bait him! ;D

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Just remember, Alm is pretty much going to do more than 5 damage, so keep that in mind if you try to tank-bait him! ;D
Honestly I'd probably be too preoccupied crying into my hands at the thought of trying to take him out since his default build is so difficult for my teams to contend with. He very nearly ended my Arena run last week on the fifth battle. I always hate seeing him on the opposing side. 😣

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, early banner video. I'm a bit sad to see it's only Blazing Blade after that little Lysithea tease at the end of the Feh Channel.

Banner itself looks rather weak. Rath looks like the demote. Though Nils doesn't look to hot either but is probably staying 5* due to his prf breath and his new B-skill. Fiora could honestly demote too if not for that new weapon and that ... strange ... new C-skill. What a strange skill, Spd check, and a massive one ... >= enemy Spd +7 ... and then afterwards a penatly to Atk/Def based on 50% of Res difference?
Guess Fiora will be the sole and only wielder of the Phantom Speed seal.

Leila's dagger is the most interesting thing in the whole banner. Given that the Three Houses DLC just launched it sure reminds me of the Trickster class ability. That could make for some super interesting shenanigans.

Heath is the GHB? Lance wyvern? Meh. But i dig that his wyvern looks different again. More variety here IS, more!

No direct 3* / 4* and no 4* focus are disappointing. The latter will probably only be for new special heroes banners, so that's okay ... but no direct demote sucks. Why did you stop with that IS?

E: Free pull, "I could try for Hector" --> No greens, 2 colorless --> "Maybe i'll luck out on colorless then" --> 3* Saizo --> -_- ._.

The fine print at the end of the video mentions Rath also being available as part of the 4* focus so your hunch on him being the demote seems correct.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Btw. Fiora's C-skill has an error in it's description. The Spd comparison is "Enemy Spd -7", not "Enemy Spd +7".

And Nils' B-skill might have gotten an error too?

APOLOGY ORBS!

The fine print at the end of the video mentions Rath also being available as part of the 4* focus so your hunch on him being the demote seems correct.

Rewatched the trailer to read the stuff at the end, sounds like he is also in the 4* pool when his banner is available, like Valentine Conrad is. Guess i was wrong then.
And yeah, that pretty much confirms he's the demote ... from day 1 even. ^^

Honestly I'd probably be too preoccupied crying into my hands at the thought of trying to take him out since his default build is so difficult for my teams to contend with. He very nearly ended my Arena run last week on the fifth battle. I always hate seeing him on the opposing side. 😣

I only sweat if Alm is in company of a dancer really. So mostly in AR. In Arena he's manageable.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'd love to see more 3 and 4 star units added just to get some new blood. Pulled an Ewan the other day and was like WTF is this guy, and why is he 5*. On day 1 I wasn't sure why every unit wasn't available at every tier. I guess everyone having Distant Counter / Close Counter is a good reason. I hope when we get more of the Three Houses cast most of them are available at lower tiers, although I'm fully expecting to be disappointed in seeing them all at 5* (or worse, some lame seasonal variant).

In the last legendary banner I pulled 3 x Yune and 3 x Lif. I was going to merge them all but I've seen some stuff about having 2 mythic units for AR being a thing, is this true / recommended?

Also thinking of foddering off one of the Lifs to Ares for Distant Counter (and I guess Time's Pulse?), although F!Byleth might also like that skillset. Ares is a merge project though.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Leila's dagger should work with link skills right? Could be some fun setups there.

Guard Lance was inevitable so happy to see it pop up. As much as people were meh on Evyel I've got a fair amount of use out of her as a DC unit that blocks specials. Fair few bulky blue units that would like that too.

Nice to see Rath, but do we need ANOTHER green archer cav with Short Bow? Could've made him red or blue at least!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nils B skill JP and eng description are different.

The JP description means something like

At start of even turns, inflicts special charge +2 on foes with the lowest HP among those with less HP than unit and with special ready.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Still situational, but in AR this legendarily fucks over Ophelia, and pretty much every other turn 1 special ready mages.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, more premium fodder to counter premium fodder. And yes I consider Infantry Pulse as premium when it's 5* locked on a grail unit.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does Opheilia even have that low HP? I think you can easily use a unit under 38 base HP to soak the debuff.
If the jp description is correct, it wont work like that, only units with special ready are considered.

Even if an unit has lower HP than ophelia, if said unit is not with special ready, Ophelia will still be the target

Status
Not open for further replies.