• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fallen Takumi might pair up well with Nils. He could position himself and knock off 10 HP on Turn 3 and then Nils could neutralize another mage on Turn 4.

Stuff like H!Hector and the Bolt Tower could also get all of certain teams' HP down to 1.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno I see a fair number of infantry teams that have several ranged units with specials charged up. Taking one of them out matters but it's not a huge deal I'd think.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno I see a fair number of infantry teams that have several ranged units with specials charged up. Taking one of them out matters but it's not a huge deal I'd think.

It's making things easier, for example in a 2 special ready nuke mage setup.

You take the mage out that still has the special ready and then make sure you tank / counterkill the mage that was hit by the skill. Tanking a Lilina / Sonya / Ophelia isn't hard without their specials.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It's making things easier, for example in a 2 special ready nuke mage setup.

You take the mage out that still has the special ready and then make sure you tank / counterkill the mage that was hit by the skill. Tanking a Lilina / Sonya / Ophelia isn't hard without their specials.
Two? More like four. Just the other day I faced a team consisting of two magical nukes, Jamke, Seliph and two dancers, with Micaiah serving as the fourth nuke.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I wonder if you could set up some shenanigans with a L1 infantry dancer in the 3-4 pool (like a Silvia or Olivia) to let them soak the Nils B-slot with some IP support...

Anyway, I'm kind of tempted to grind skills on Eldigan to get Dark Mystletainn and Vantage in Hall of Fjorms because he's already got Distant Ward and Ruptured Sky (so the gen 1 Atk stat won't be as damaging).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I know want a Hall of Fjorms in the game! ^^

Two? More like four. Just the other day I faced a team consisting of two magical nukes, Jamke, Seliph and two dancers, with Micaiah serving as the fourth nuke.

Never seen more than three honestly ... was that and invading team or a def team? Anyway for people using such lamer teams, there's a special place beneath Garreg Mach.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen more than three honestly ... was that and invading team or a def team? Anyway for people using such lamer teams, there's a special place beneath Garreg Mach.
Six units so def team. Seliph's prf effect always catches me off guard. Still won without a casualty, because apparently Miracle doesn't prevent Brave weapons hitting for four times.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Six units so def team. Seliph's prf effect always catches me off guard. Still won without a casualty, because apparently Miracle doesn't prevent Brave weapons hitting for four times.

Ah yeah, didn't grasp that. Well, once you get a dent into such a team it's pretty easy to clear.

Difficulty is to get the dent into the team initially without aggroing it beforehand. Most of such team leave little to no room for your units, they're not even expecting a full def win, but enough kills for their reduced Lift loss to make it a "free" loss at worst. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
My anniversary BHB banner haul:

5* Clair
3* Sophia
4* Catria
3* Raven
4* Mordecai
3* Florina
4* Niles
3* Peri
4* Virion
3* Lucius
4* Hawkeye
3* Roy
4* Python

... not great this year. But at least the frequent banners were keeping my itchy summoning finger busy. Saving up orbs has been working!

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is Hall of Forms going for everyone so far?

It's being extremely stingy on giving me movement skills so have only had 1 Draw Back to maneuver people. So far, Quan is getting the most RNG blessed in my run (Gae Bolg, Ruptured Sky, Distant Counter). Whereas Eldigan can't be offered a decent A or B skill to save his life.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Hall of Forms has been mixed for me, but this one does mark the first time I've ever seen Reposition there -- and I got it twice today, so both my sword cavs have it. Eldigan has DC, and the other three units have their prf weapons, which is cool.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Why is the valentines banner so stingy with green orbs? Seriously, out of 8 summoning sessions, I only saw one green orb, and that was another 3 star Fae.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Recently I started playing this game again after a really long hiatus. Honestly, after all the shitty modes IS has made, I can't believe that they created an actual fun mode. Hall of Forms is sick.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't take this into consideration before but.. Isnt there a chance for Nils to be a trainee?

If thats the case, he will be a 170 bst dancer

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Finally got a 5* from all these free pulls!! I was just hoping for a 4* Echidna and got a brave Ike!!!

F5Hq9dQ.png

So, it seems the brave boy has a liking for me and I have enough copies to build a +5 one, on top of that I've heard that his refine makes him pretty tanky, so what would be the ideal and budget way to build him? and which boon would be better between Res/Def/HP? I think the HP inflation has made harder for him to use his panic ploy nowadays, even with a boon, right?

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a 5* from all these free pulls!! I was just hoping for a 4* Echidna and got a brave Ike!!!

F5Hq9dQ.png

So, it seems the brave boy has a liking for me and I have enough copies to build a +5 one, on top of that I've heard that his refine makes him pretty tanky, so what would be the ideal and budget way to build him? and which boon would be better between Res/Def/HP? I think the HP inflation has made harder for him to use his panic ploy nowadays, even with a boon, right?
If you have a neutral one, I think that one is best after +atk, since there are many ways to build him and +def/+res will actually give him less than 3 mitigation points because of Urvan. The most common ones are the pure physical tank build and mixed tank build. Mixed wants Distant Counter. If you don't have that to fodder off, you can use the Steady Breath he comes with. Aether will work great with that, since your opponent will hit twice first (if outsped) so that you can Aether on the counterattack. Beorc's Blessing is fine but unexciting. For budget you can use Quick Riposte 2/3. If you want to use Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse, +HP isn't that bad, but generally his base HP is enough to panic the more dangerous threats (he gets +3 HP from Urvan refine). Atk Smoke is a great general budget option to help him tank better (Kaze has it at *4). For seals, you can use anything that improves his damage output or tanking abilities. Quick Riposte, Fierce Stance, Mirror Stance etc.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Day 14: 4* Clair
Day 15: 3* Silas

Well, I couldn't put it off any longer. I used a couple quest orbs to expand my barracks. Think I'll do this with a couple more quests since I've hit a nice round number of orbs for the upcoming banners.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
2 pulls, only 2 blues in the first and no blue or green in the second
This game really dont want me to finish Lancina and Bike

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Free summon on the Micaiah banner gave me a Selkie (-def +res). Zero idea what to do with her, since sabotage attack really isn't useful post-Temari. I might give it to Mathilda, but that requires a lot of stars to align, namely more Tanya merges (around +5 I'll probably sue her seriously as an astra tank) and Altina winning the VG (Altina can soak defensive chills, meaning Mathilda can drop def/res link from her B slot). But hmm 🤔.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

F5Hq9dQ.png

I like to run Distant Counter with Null C-Disrupt (QR seal) but it depends on whether you have Nailah. Beorc's Blessing is actually pretty solid, can be annoying if you put him on your Arena defense team. Guard is a solid option too. Someone here was workshopping the idea of +Spd B!Ike with Repel. But you would have to dump all your support into Speed to make it work against the faster mages and L!Alm.

I have 6 B!Ikes in my barracks too and am wrestling with whether to spend my 500 orbs and try to finish him. I like using him a lot but it's not like he will boost arena scoring significantly.

I have +3 L!Eirika and +3 Sothis, so maybe the better scoring play is to start merging up legendary/mythic units. Eirika and Sothis are the known red units this month. Decisions, decisions...

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Easily the best mode they've made since launch.

So of course it only appears once every two months.
Personally I find it massively annoying as after chamber 10 there is no way to get more forma torches (unless I am missing something). If your team sucks at that point, you get a few chances a day to battle at lower level to try and get some decent skills then you just have to wait a whole day to play again.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
If you have a neutral one, I think that one is best after +atk, since there are many ways to build him and +def/+res will actually give him less than 3 mitigation points because of Urvan. The most common ones are the pure physical tank build and mixed tank build. Mixed wants Distant Counter. If you don't have that to fodder off, you can use the Steady Breath he comes with. Aether will work great with that, since your opponent will hit twice first (if outsped) so that you can Aether on the counterattack. Beorc's Blessing is fine but unexciting. For budget you can use Quick Riposte 2/3. If you want to use Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse, +HP isn't that bad, but generally his base HP is enough to panic the more dangerous threats (he gets +3 HP from Urvan refine). Atk Smoke is a great general budget option to help him tank better (Kaze has it at *4). For seals, you can use anything that improves his damage output or tanking abilities. Quick Riposte, Fierce Stance, Mirror Stance etc.
I like to run Distant Counter with Null C-Disrupt (QR seal) but it depends on whether you have Nailah. Beorc's Blessing is actually pretty solid, can be annoying if you put him on your Arena defense team. Guard is a solid option too. Someone here was workshopping the idea of +Spd B!Ike with Repel. But you would have to dump all your support into Speed to make it work against the faster mages and L!Alm.

I have 6 B!Ikes in my barracks too and am wrestling with whether to spend my 500 orbs and try to finish him. I like using him a lot but it's not like he will boost arena scoring significantly.

I have +3 L!Eirika and +3 Sothis, so maybe the better scoring play is to start merging up legendary/mythic units. Eirika and Sothis are the known red units this month. Decisions, decisions...

So he's pretty strong as is with the refine but can be a distant counter candidate if one has the spare resources. I actually have a neutral one but forgot to mention it, guess I'll use that one as the base and give him atk smoke. Thanks for the answers.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I have gotten Azama as a trash pull so often over the course of playing FEH that I consider him my mortal enemy in this game.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
xrsh7n5i4fh41.png

And apparently the Pegasus Flight is sword, lance and axe only. And Even Pulse Tie is infantry and cavalry only.

Heith gets ridersbane, ATK/DEF push at 4*, escape route at 5* and dragon fang.

anotherone.gif

Edit: Day 16: 3* Est

And another change. Seems after the banner event ends, the demotee will be demoted straight to the 3/4* pool.

I guess no more mass demotions after this year's if it happens?

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Woah coo, Leila +Spd on my free pull ... that's ... surprising. The other banners gave me only 3* again.

I guess no more mass demotions after this year's if it happens?

Maybe this opens up for them to make a "real" mass demotion, as in every 5* from gen 1 outside of Hector and Takumi, demoted to 3*/4* in the pools for all banner incl. new heroes and new special heroes.

I want my +10 Nephenee.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Last roll of the ticket circles and managed to pull Leila with the last of my orbs. -Atk, naturally, but will see how she plays regardless. Definitely some interesting setups to be had.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted Nils for so long, but color sharing and the Lysithea tease means I'm sadly skipping him.

Hopefully he will be on a solid blue pool when he eventually hits a Legendary Banner.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I got SIX Nils before finally pulling Fiora.

Motherfuck color sharing, especially if a dragon is involved.

So I'm thinking keep one, merge another, and book the rest for the skills... but which boon do I keep? HP makes sense for IP and Pulse Tie, Speed is always worth jacking esepcially on a dancer, and Res is a superboon.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Day 16: 4* Est

Took just the free pull on the Blazing Sword banner, walked away with a 5* +Res, -Atk Mercedes. I'm a bit more okay with the bane because I imagine she'd mainly be a support unit.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The premise of this Forging Bonds is really good. Fiora is now trapped in a terrible place full of skimpy outfits and wartime romance. And Leila is the only person who realizes there is something up with this "Anna" character.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I just can't stay away from this game.

I dumped all of my orbs into the banner with Shannan and Larcei a little while back because I wanted Steady Posture 3 from Shannan for my Sigurd - I ended up with five Larcei instead. I'm good on Panic Smoke fodder for a while I suppose. Luckily I was able to get Duo Alm fairly quickly, and today I got a free Leila. Lull Atk/Spd is going to Sigurd and my Special Spiral Ophelia is going to get that well-deserved Life and Death 4 upgrade.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well already got 2 Fioras trying to get Nils.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how 2 blue focus affects the odds

This is the off-banner pool used in this banner, assuming I didn't miscount anything:

5* 35/26/27/20 (total 108) (3%)
4* 33/33/23/34 (total 123) (55%)
3* 33/30/20/30 (total 113) (36%)

Just need to use Bayes Theorem to figure what is the probabilty of one of the two focus, given that you're opening a blue stone (also, ignoring the pity rate increase to make things easier). This is equal to the probability of the stone being blue, given the stone is a focus (which is 0.5), times the probability of being focus (0.03), divided by the probability of a stone being blue (which is 0.03*0.5 + 0.03*26/108 + 0.55*33/123 + 0.36*30/113, or ~0.265), which amounts to ~0.0566, or 5.66%.

This means each blue stone has 5.66% chance to be either Nils or Fiora, and since they have the same odds, it is ~2.83% to get specifically one of them from each blue stone.

Comparing to a 4-color banner, the calcs would be to find the probability of being focus, given the stone is blue. This is the probability of a stone being blue, given its a focus (0.25) times the focus probability (0.03) divided by the probability of a stone being blue (0.03*0.25 + 0.03*26/108 + 0.55*33/123 + 0.36*30/113, or ~0.257), which is equal to ~0.0291, or 2.91%.

So, 2.83% vs 2.91%. Its nowhere near as bad as people believe.

Also, the expected number of blue stones you need to open on average with 2.83% is 35.3, and with 2.91% is 34.3. So, the difference in averages is one blue stone, or 3~5 orbs

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I seriously got somewhere in the range of ~40 arena defense wins this week, lol. I've been watching them scroll off the bottom of the list on a daily basis, but I wasn't keeping track meticulously.

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of too many lance fliers, my free roll on the new banner got me a 5* Altena - man this game loves giving me demoted five star heroes.
I just started building up a Cordelia, to boot.
The premise of this Forging Bonds is really good. Fiora is now trapped in a terrible place full of skimpy outfits and wartime romance. And Leila is the only person who realizes there is something up with this "Anna" character.
I enjoyed the fact they namedropped both Garreg Mach Monastery and the Hee Ho Mart.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
A Hero Rises results are out

Lif missed the top 8 by 116 votes. Also receiving Fs in the chatroom are Hawkeye (fewest votes) and Kjelle (fewest votes for a 5 star exclusive).

Altina absolutely wrecked, though. More than twice the vote of second place. If they won't give us a free Astra mythic through the plot, apparently the community will have to force the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.