• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I've got eight +10s: Black Knight, Aversa, Naesala, Reinhardt, Titania, Reyson, Soren, and Lissa.

I've got a bunch of random +5s and +6s that are long term projects though. No 5* exclusive +10s, my closest is Gunnthra at +5.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I should really +10 a grail project. I use Naesala on AR defense so it should probably be him. Does anybody know if he is going to get any more GHB reruns?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I should really +10 a grail project. I use Naesala on AR defense so it should probably be him. Does anybody know if he is going to get any more GHB reruns?
Theoretically he could, but he has already had his normal rerun. Any more would be if they decide to do another permanent GHB set, which they didn't do on the anniversary this year.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I guess IS decided that one rerun is enough since they created the grail shop. The older GHBs got like 2 or 3 reruns and abyssal maps that the newer ones didn't get.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Who are people's favorite non-exclusive +10 units they recommend?

I vote for Ares. If you have Distant Counter and Velouria, his Vantage sweeps are very easy to setup. L!Eliwood works really well with him too, since he can autobuff his Atk/Def and give him Bonus Doubler for even bigger Bonfire procs.

I've heard great things about Matthew being an amazing Vantage sweeper in the colorless pool. Kronya does similar things with Broadleaf, but Matthew is cheaper to build.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

I vote for Ares. If you have Distant Counter and Velouria, his Vantage sweeps are very easy to setup. L!Eliwood works really well with him too, since he can autobuff his Atk/Def and give him Bonus Doubler for even bigger Bonfire procs.

I've heard great things about Matthew being an amazing Vantage sweeper in the colorless pool. Kronya does similar things with Broadleaf, but Matthew is cheaper to build.
I don't have one myself but a youtuber I follow uses Saizo as a vantage sweeper on AR. It almost never disappoints.
Nino is part of my arena core. She does her best.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

I'd want to have a +10 Ares if the red pool wasn't so dilluted. I only pulled like 3 Ares so far. I'd also like a +10 Silvia and she's just at +4 with the codex freebie.

I guess for units who are easy to +10, I saw some Kagero's who were pretty effective in AR. I thought "how is her attack so high?" Turns out they buffed daggers and gave a +14 prf dagger to her. Poison Dagger+ had +5 at launch lol

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have one myself but a youtuber I follow uses Saizo as a vantage sweeper on AR. It almost never disappoints.
Nino is part of my arena core. She does her best.

I used Nino way back in my very first Arena core with Eirika back in the day, but she fell out of favor when the babysitter meta started. Do you use her as a bladetome nuke or a Vantage sweep? I know some people like Tharja a lot more but I'm not as interested in red units.

I'd want to have a +10 Ares if the red pool wasn't so dilluted. I only pulled like 3 Ares so far. I'd also like a +10 Silvia and she's just at +4 with the codex freebie.

I guess for units who are easy to +10, I saw some Kagero's who were pretty effective in AR. I thought "how is her attack so high?" Turns out they buffed daggers and gave a +14 prf dagger to her. Poison Dagger+ had +5 at launch lol

Kagero is easily one of the most evil AR units in the game. I've been tinkering with new AR Def dark blessing teams so she has been a unit I've been thinking about building up.

Daggers are the most interesting class in the game, aren't they? I feel like almost all of their refines have been Seliph-levels of interesting.
(Except Jakob)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I used Nino way back in my very first Arena core with Eirika back in the day, but she fell out of favor when the babysitter meta started. Do you use her as a bladetome nuke or a Vantage sweep? I know some people like Tharja a lot more but I'm not as interested in red units.
I use her as a babysitter that can kill blues since the other 2 units also have rallies.
Her build is: Iris Tome/Rally DefRes+/Aether/G Duel Infantry 3/Poison Strike 3/Spur DefRes 3/Spur DefRes 3 (seal)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I use Nino. She can kill pretty much anything.

I did every abyssal with her + 3 dancers, including DC red ones like Lif and Altina.

Granted, my nino does have a very premium skillset, but even with the regular fury+desperation she can outperform many gen4 mages

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Kagero is easily one of the most evil AR units in the game. I've been tinkering with new AR Def dark blessing teams so she has been a unit I've been thinking about building up.

Daggers are the most interesting class in the game, aren't they? I feel like almost all of their refines have been Seliph-levels of interesting.
(Except Jakob)
I still think Kronya is the better dagger unit overall, since she has built in pseudo Vantage so she can run Special Spiral and Kagero is more of a player phase unit. God knows it's easier to clear AR maps with EP units (I use a player phase team and fuck navigating maps to avoid traps sometimes.)

But yeah, I agree, dagger units are fun to see being used with their mobility and debuffs. I see so many double Eir teams during Light season who just roam throughout the map with their insane flying mobility and range. I've also been really impressed with Leila's switch ability with her support partner. It's a shame she's a 5* exclusive. I like experimenting with unconventional builds.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I've also been really impressed with Leila's switch ability with her support partner.

Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with Leila's switch ability as well, combined with her debuffs it allows my galeforce/heavy blade Edelgard to push in really far on player phase and guarantees that she'll secure kills and her second turn.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody want Sturdy Blow 2 or Dull Close 3 or can I just throw the former on Sharena and move on? Want to go down the awakening / fates compile path and not sure what to do with this Cordelia alt.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Hall of Forms just loves to throw those heavy burst enemies at you, right? I think i've seen Flyno in at least 40% of the matches i've done in the current HoF. And the units you're able to use are all on the low Res side.

Thank god i got lucky with Swordhardt, got his prf weapon early on and even Galeforce for his special.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Who are these Finn and Leif people? My Hall of Forms team only has Olwen on it.
This seems like bad way to approach this mode considering you can get the units afterwards now. I am upgrading all units and getting good skills so far and all have been contributing, in fact I will probably finish their sets even before I reach the 25th floor

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like bad way to approach this mode considering you can get the units afterwards now. I am upgrading all units and getting good skills so far and all have been contributing, in fact I will probably finish their sets even before I reach the 25th floor

I was being a little snarky when I said that, I am using Finn and Leif. It's just that these Training Tower maps are often setup where it's easy for a cavalier mage to get the first kill (and then get Repo/Backed away). I finished Floor 20 today and only Finn's the only unit that isn't at Level 40 yet. I think my Olwen is like +2 or something.

Leif brings shoes to a horse fight!

I wish Heroes has the "Rescue" function like in some FE games, so he could just ride around with someone else in every battle.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My Forma are all balanced, because I make sure I alternate who gets a skill each map and I try to get each Forma to level up at least once.

Swordhardt and Olwen have their unique weapon, Finn has Glimmer and Atk/Spd Form 3, and Leif...isn't slowed by trees. It's working well enough so far.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I mean, you can, but you have to fork out a significant amount of money for it, and that's never happening for me, lol

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still have no idea who is the target audience for the forma souls

Its not for whales, because why would a whale want an unit without the optimal IV if they can get whatever unit and skills they want anyway.
The restrictions are quite bad for a dolphin, they probably wont get every skill easily otherwise, but if they want just the unit, its not that unlikely they can get with orbs, and if they want to use them optimally, they would still want merges - that are quite a lot more expensive than the skillset anyway.
And its also too expensive for a minor spender

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Forma souls aren't a bad way to kick off a crazy invested build of a grail unit, but I feel like there isn't much appeal to me beyond that. I already have Leif and Olwen with merges and great IVs, so neutral just feels like a downgrade. I'd consider a unit like Finn (my forma is looking pretty good right now), but at the same time I'd be unlikely to actually use him outside of AA, so I've been back and forth on the idea of buying him.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
You can only merge regular units into formas, not the other way around. It's to prevent players from buying premium fodder and then inheriting it to whoever they want.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, until now i thought the skills the Forma get in their respective Hall of Forms would be replaced by the regular skills when you buy them with the Forma Souls thing.
Makes it slighty, but only a teensytiny bit, better.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
But I'm talking about merging, not skill inheritence.

Yes, but the reason they allow merging in one direction and not the other is that the other direction would permit the following:

1. Merge forma with premium skills into normal unit
2. Inherit those new premium skills from normal unit to any other unit of your choice
3. Profit!!

So the merging restriction is directly related to skill inheritance.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but the reason they allow merging in one direction and not the other is that the other direction would permit the following:

1. Merge forma with premium skills into normal unit
2. Inherit those new premium skills from normal unit to any other unit of your choice
3. Profit!!

So the merging restriction is directly related to skill inheritance.
You can probably just code it in a way so that you can't SI forma units 🤷

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
You can probably just code it in a way so that you can't SI forma units 🤷

Yeah, they could have transformed the normal unit in some way to prevent future inheritance, and I would've been OK with that personally, but I can only guess they didn't want to deal with the potential downsides of that approach (or maybe they thought it would just complicate the whole model).

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I find their approach to Forma Souls. If they had allowed SI + merging and all of that from them, at best someone could get 2-3 premium skills from one Forma which honestly doesn't break the game at all. It'd make them much more valuable.

As it is, the only appeal I find in Forma is buying a hero you kinda like but have no plans on pulling for... which isn't worth $30 to me. Guess f2p heroes on Forma can be more attractive though.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I'm facing so many Altina's in AR now lol. I love when they get complacent and get in range of razzle dazzle. Clarine doing god's work.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
Woow
I just pulled two Lysithea in one summoning session.
A +atk and a +spd. I really wanna go +atk for the one shot potential and since it's a superboon but I don't know.
I also shouldn't merge her but she was my mvp in every three houses playthrough so I kind of want to...

I'm FTP but I've fully +10 merged brave Ike and OG Myrrh so I know it's possible to +10 a 5 stars.

(Speaking of which, I hope Myrrh gets a refine one day. I know others need it more but I find little reason to use her nowadays. )

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
You can never have too much speed nowadays (glare toward Close Call and Repel), but I think between Lysithea's base kit (native Lull Spd/Res) and the superboon I think you'd want to use +Atk as the base.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, go for +atk.

Lysithea's spd is nice to block stuff like close call, but if she doesn't kill on the first hit, the counter will 99% certainly kill her anyway, and desperation is not a very good option, since she has a lull x/res.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Free Deirdre today... Up to +3 now. I will be the first person ever to +10 Deirdre without spending a single orb on any of her banners.

Free Deidre today. It's not worth merging the +Atk/-Def one I already don't use, so she'll probably save 20k feathers for QR3 and/or Speed Ploy.
I got random Deidre from the Hero Fest ticket today. I forgot she was even in the summon pool still. Weird how I'm up to 3 Deidres now and have never summoned a Julia yet. Julia is too standoffish.

Does anyone else have a 5* unit that stalks your account? I often pull green as free summons, so I think mine are Deirdre, Brave Ike, and Brave Ephraim.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Got a free Tiki myself. The weekly revival banners have been pretty generous to me. Got a free Azura last week. I wish focus * could be 4% all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
My stalkers are Zelgius and Edelgard, with 4 each. Zelgius does great on my all-armor team but Edie would need a few more merges to outdo my current Brave Ike with DC/Null C Disrupt.

Speaking of merging, just hit 300 Eph3 codes so it's time to +1 Spring Camilla. I guess with another 43 days to go, it's theoretically possible to get another 300 for Spring Kagero? Guess we'll wait and see.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After last week's Allegiance Battle challenge, it was kind of them to give them us a relative cakewalk. And for the round with orb rewards too, scored 957 on my first attempt.

Finished Hall of Forms today. It was nice they gave us those torches for the last 5 bonus floors. Leif finally got his personal skills (and Death Blow 4) but Olwen continued doing most of the heavy lifting in the later floors.

Olwen (+7)
Thunderhead
Draw Back
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Desperation
Def/Res Gap
Chill Speed

My stalkers are Zelgius and Edelgard, with 4 each. Zelgius does great on my all-armor team but Edie would need a few more merges to outdo my current Brave Ike with DC/Null C Disrupt.

Speaking of merging, just hit 300 Eph3 codes so it's time to +1 Spring Camilla. I guess with another 43 days to go, it's theoretically possible to get another 300 for Spring Kagero? Guess we'll wait and see.

I bet we'll have enough for a 2nd 300 unit. They've been attaching them to a lot of game modes, would kinda expect Tempest Trials to get 'em too.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Is one of the OG Hector revival banners the best option to get some Distant Counter fodder? Or is there better option to wait for (other than eventually getting that free one via manuals)?

Have 3 Lif's and willing to fodder off one of them for now, but have a few units I'm building up (and some of them can't / wouldn't use Time's Pulse so it seems like a waste).

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
So do the eph3 codes carry over to the next limited time set, if there is another limited time set? I have 300 but no-one I really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.