• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
All four of us Est fans have been in a uniquely rare and advantageous position over the past year, since as soon as Easter Palla was unveiled, it was immediately obvious that Est would finally get her first alt on the 2020 Easter banner to complete the Whitewing bunny trio, which meant we had a full year to stock up on orbs in preparation. Not too often when you know that far in advance when a specific character alt will arrive.

And although I won't be +10-ing her, this might be the first time in a VERY long time (since flying Nino, maybe?) where I won't stop summoning until I get a featured unit that I really want.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's totally Bartre. Or they fuck with us again, which is likely too. But if they're not, it's Bartre. Now to wonder, the older one with the stache, or the younger one from Blazing Blade without the stache.

That said, we don't have a Bunny-Lyn yet ... or should i call her BunnLyn? So if it's not a multi-game banner, i'd say Bartre, Est, Lyn ... and Erk! Free unit will be Bunny Serra to torture Bunny Erk.

E:

Saw on Twitter some person thinking the left one might also be Boyd. I think Radiant Dawn Boyd definitely has the same proportions and similar hair with headband as Bartre.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That said, we don't have a Bunny-Lyn yet ... or should i call her BunnLyn? So if it's not a multi-game banner, i'd say Bartre, Est, Lyn ... and Erk! Free unit will be Bunny Serra to torture Bunny Erk.
Est alone would make this a multi game banner what are you talking about?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, now we have the important whitewing alt.

Est, Fir and Idunn are cool too I guess

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Brianna Knickerbocker is great, that intro voice line is the best.
Kaya8 's progression when comparing the original Fir to this one, very nice.

Don't care for the others, free Bartre is neat.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
last year surprised me with how much I loved the art, this year...exact opposite.

Only one I love is Idunn, minus her hat, but pairing her with Fae is....nah

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mediocre banner, I hope bartre is good
Also lol at yeat another male lance flier that is bad
last year surprised me with how much I loved the art, this year...exact opposite.

Only one I love is Idunn, minus her hat, but pairing her with Fae is....nah
For me is the opposite, love fae, I despise Idunn
Wish fae was alone

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Interesting banner. Bartre being a free unit was a nice surprise! But IMO, he souls have been a lance unit rather than sword infantry.

The Drannies (a combo of dragon and bunnies) or Drabbits, however you want to go with, definitely have a game-changing duo skill. Negating Armor and dragon effectiveness is definitely interesting.

And I don't believe it: dual chill skills are a thing! Though I could see Est having pretty flexible b skill options. Her weapon is also great for slightly less positioning restrictions.

OMG! At Fir's weapon! Almost like the Creator's sword, except lacking in the anti-guard and anti-breath/blade elements.

Narcian was also a nice surprise and will be the 4* focus unit. Weapon (which I feel could be the basis of Bartre's weapon) sounds like a reverse lull skill. Though that requires that nearby ally condition. Also cue PM1 and SacredSpear crying about yet another lance flier in 3...2...1...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hardcore waifu trash banner. Narcian's kit is prime demote territory, but he's a seasonal, so he just ends up being disappointing.

At least I won't have to spend orbs on Bartre. I hope his artwork is nice.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
They're not even trying with the 4* focus unit anymore. Lance flier with Lance Exp, a prf that is worse than Est's, and Chill Def 3.

Also they totally powercrept bond skills.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One thing to notice is that Bartre has the highest HP for an infantry unit in this game, 49, technically he loses to normal Bartre becaise flowers but this bartre seems a very good user of HP related skills. I hope he has lik 40 atk and good defenses too
49/40/21/35/29

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
VpUBxjR.jpg

Uh, yeah, I'll take "SMILES I WANT TO PROTECT" for ALL OF MY FREAKING ORBS, Alex.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*Imagines a +10 / +5 +Atk Spellhardt with DB4, Lull Atk/Res, (C-skill), and DB3 seal* ... *shudders*. Next you tell me he has Ruptured Sky to make sure dragons eat the damage.
Or Lilina. DB 3 refinement, DB 4 A-skill, DB 3 seal. +6 +8 +6 = +20 when she initiates.

Bunny-Banner ... Est is okay, Narcian is lol, Fir is okay too, and of course the usual dual hero who seems to be slightly less broken than Alfrena at least. Probably going to try for Idae (or Faedunn?).
If you absolutely, definitely want a focus unit though, blue is the color to pull. On the way to getting Est you're absolutely going to get more than one Narcian down the road.

Kinda wished Fir would be red, to be honest her weapon looks more like a sword to begin with. This way we would have another nice unit to fuck up Surtr.

Bartre, c'mon IS, could've used his younger version from Blazing Blade for once. Hope he has some useful skills. TT unit seem to get a somewhat better treatment than GHB in this case.

Banner at least has good fodder. Fury 4, Air Orders, Chill Spd on a 4* unit and Sturdy Stance 3. I think my Laegjarn would love Sturdy Stance 3.

The Drannies (a combo of dragon and bunnies) or Drabbits, however you want to go with, definitely have a game-changing duo skill. Negating Armor and dragon effectiveness is definitely interesting.

Let us agree on one thing ... we're never going to use the word "Drannies" after this post ever again. Agreed? Agreed.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I love Narcia

Said no one ever

How the fuck do we still not have Milady/Jill yet? Knowing IS, they'll be GHB/TT (Heath, Cormag, Haar)

Oct 25, 2017
They could have at least released the Defiant Res seal before dropping the amount of seal rewards in TT to two.
Still, Death Blow seal was inevitable and I welcome its arrival.

I have a sinking feeling I'm going to dump a bunch of orbs chasing after Idunn/Fae. Gonna be red pitybreakers left and right.
Guess I'll start grinding out story orbs preemptively while I've got all this free time.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
DB seal is whatever. What I really want is a Guard seal so I can use it with Null Follow Up. So many of my AR losses are because of fucking Bold Fighter.

IS employee 1: "Armor units already have Bold Fighter and inflated defenses so people can't EP tank them. Why not give them PRF weapons that prevent follow ups so it's impossible to initiate and kill on player phase too?"
IS employee 2: "Great idea!"

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like Guard 3 in the 4* pool. And no, i don't consider Naesala as my request granted. When i say 4* pool, i mean the pool where i rage about pulling too many units from.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'd like Guard 3 in the 4* pool. And no, i don't consider Naesala as my request granted. When i say 4* pool, i mean the pool where i rage about pulling too many units from.

Especially given the HP threshold required for the skill to be effective. Doesn't help with special fighter having a much, more reasonable threshold and the tier 4 stance skills having none at all.

And we once again the lament at the lack of QR3 on a 4* unit.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The longer we wait for Jill, the more broken she will be.

Jill's Axe (16 mt)
Effective against beast foes. If deployed on a team without beast/dragon units, grant +10 to all stats in combat and foe cannot make a counter-attack. Calculates damage based on the lower of foe's Def or Res.

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently saving up orbs because I want to make my first +10 exclusive characters.

Was thinking about Altina since I already have 4. Is she a good unit to maximize?

Which units does she work best with?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The longer we wait for Jill, the more broken she will be.

Jill's Axe (16 mt)
Effective against beast foes. If deployed on a team without beast/dragon units, grant +10 to all stats in combat and foe cannot make a counter-attack. Calculates damage based on the lower of foe's Def or Res.
Will She? We waited years for characters like Haar and Conrad and see what we got

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jill will end up with a Laguzslayer+, while an NPC like Elena will be the grand prize in the same banner with multiple premium skills and a busted PRF that almost invalidates any other unit with the same weapon/mov as her

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
For once I got lucky. Got duo Idunn with my free summon (-res but who cares) on my most disliked seasonal banner. This game really wants me to have all of the duo heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.