• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've got all skills I wanted for my Olwen except for a Lull with Res, but I'm still very happy with this. I will definitely spend a soul on this beauty.
image0.png

Just remember, merges don't carry over when you buy it with the soul, so it'll be way weaker than that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's Bunntre day. Or should i call him Bartry?

What do you think? Does IS give out enough of those Emphera Divine Codes that players can get both manuals, Bunnymilla and Kagero?

I've got all skills I wanted for my Olwen except for a Lull with Res, but I'm still very happy with this. I will definitely spend a soul on this beauty.
image0.png

Spectral Tome? I'd say the best thing about her is the prf Bladetome without the special cooldown increase.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is like the first time I have really used Fae since promoting her to 5* for some reason I don't remember. She had been loafing around in the barracks for too long.

Meging olwen to 10 is a waste when you could improve all 4 units

If you're planning on spending money on 1 Forma Soul specifically, it makes more sense to constantly give them the kills, so you maximize the number of rolls you get for the skills.

Plus, there are more than enough torches to build everyone and still get those rolls in.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is like the first time I have really used Fae since promoting her to 5* for some reason I don't remember. She had been loafing around in the barracks for too long.

If you're planning on spending money on 1 Forma Soul specifically, it makes more sense to constantly give them the kills, so you maximize the number of rolls you get for the skills.

Plus, there are more than enough torches to build everyone and still get those rolls in.
Iirc there is no time limit for when you can purchase these formas, so if they ever give souls for free it is better to have good stock of good units, you never now if the next hall of forms is just a bunch of bad units like the spring one. This one have 3 good options.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, i would totally drop some cash for those Formas if they could be used for skill inheritance ...

Also ... what's the deal with Close Def 4? I'm waiting for this skill specifically for my unbuilt +10 Oboro. DD4 is in the game for nearly a year now (Caineghis released in April 2019) ...

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Iirc there is no time limit for when you can purchase these formas, so if they ever give souls for free it is better to have good stock of good units, you never now if the next hall of forms is just a bunch of bad units like the spring one. This one have 3 good options.

Yeah, but I'm just saying. If you don't have interest in building a Leif or aren't interested in Swordhardt (maybe you have Ares or Altina setup), building them up might not be a high priority for everyone. Especially given how many sword units are in the game. I will have a DC Swordhardt as an "option" in the future, but even if we could get 1 for free every 2 months, it would be unlikely I would ever pick him.

Basically Olwen rules and everyone else sucks. :p

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, these duo heroes are going to be my ruin. But! I nabbed a +Atk/-Def Faedunn with a whole 16 orbs to spare, so I remain a filthy f2p peasant. For now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A notification for maintenance for the next update. Can't remember, is that a regular thing or can we expect something more than just bugfixes / small QoL improvements and the next prf / refinements for older heroes?

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't incentivize IS to transition into a duo armor meta.
Trust me, I'm the last person to look at when it comes to the meta. I haven't even +10'd my Reinhardt yet.

A notification for maintenance for the next update. Can't remember, is that a regular thing or can we expect something more than just bugfixes / small QoL improvements and the next prf / refinements for older heroes?
The April updates last year were enough for their own Feh Channel - removal of year 1 5*s from new/special banners, pair up legendaries, Aether Resort, more raiding parties, on top of the new refinements.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I was only joking, but I suspect IS has the data to see that people spend more orbs on average on banners with duo heroes. People like 'I win' buttons.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say these banners see a higher spent orb average simply due to IS not comitting to the Duo Heroes returning to future banners.

That they are more or less "I win" buttons is just the icing.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they do something significant for April, although with everything going on I wouldn't fault them for scaling back.

Kind of losing interest in the game and am basically just logging in to do the minimum.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just enjoying watching defense wins. At top 5k now. One of my favourite things is seeing people continue to underrate and ignore Clarine. Today someone thought Surtr could tank her after BIke tried and died in vain. You da real MVP, Clarine.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Armors are fine, it is the armors with broken prfs like FTiki, Surtr, WSothis that are unabalanced
As a class I think offensive and defensive infantry units, melee or ranged, offensive fliers, melee or ranged, are all better than armors in general
The only classes that are really underpowered compared to armors are defensive cavs and defensive fliers. Offensive cavs are still good because no matter how much they nerf cavs because of their range. Defensive fliers and cavs suck because they lack plenty of defensive options that Infantry and armors have like null c-disrupt or wary fighter.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget Duma, LTiki and normal Idunn if built correctly. Really, armors and dragons are a combination they should avoid if possible. It just causes a hotbed of issues when paired with breath prfs, armor only skills and LAzura support.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget Duma, LTiki and normal Idunn if built correctly. Really, armors and dragons are a combination they should avoid if possible. It just causes a hotbed of issues when paired with breath prfs, armor only skills and LAzura support.
Lazura isnt a good dancer for armors since she cant provide the extra movement for them, I would say peony is better because of the fiel buffs and orders effect

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
An armor unit worth its damn is going to carry Boots. You don't want more than one armor in your team anyway. LAzura giving +5/6 to all stats to already inflated armor units is something most units can't overcome.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
An armor unit worth its damn is going to carry Boots. You don't want more than one armor in your team anyway. LAzura giving +5/6 to all stats to already inflated armor units is something most units can't overcome.
Peony is still better because orders can potentially make you move 3 spaces, she also give field buffs that works before the dance and has overall better stats. She also doesnt need to waste a slot with tactics or earth dance to buff.
There is also arena that makes using boots not viable because of points
Peony also isnt one of the worst character ever created in this franchise

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention LAzura can give your other units +1 movement. She's always a pain in the ass to deal with, so much so that people have been running her weaponless to avoid suicides.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention LAzura can give your other units +1 movement. She's always a pain in the ass to deal with, so much so that people have been running her weaponless to avoid suicides.
I am talking about the situation you are using armors and player controled. Also if you are running her weaponless peony is even superior to her in this situation because her visible buffs come from her prf dance not her weapon.
its amazing how persistent you are at being wrong because you have a hate boner for azura
I am talking about the situation of buffing armor, but sure it is just hate boner
and I will never lose a chance to remind people that she sucks

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
My opponents are playing LAzura too and she's a pain. Moreso than Peony which requires advanced order positioning to make the best use of her. Both can run Aerobatics and Wings of Mercy.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My opponents are playing LAzura too and she's a pain. Moreso than Peony which requires advanced order positioning to make the best use of her. Both can run Aerobatics and Wings of Mercy.
I know azura is a pain, but if you are running armors Peony is probably better for the reasons i mentioned. And I said probably, of course there will be situations were an azura will fit better but the same is true if you are running infantry, in my bikecina combo I always use peony if I need a dancer because prefer the long range field buffs for my bike

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
In NSESN's defense, I agree that Peony is generally better than L!Azura in the player's hands. The movement flexibility alone is stunning in its strategic implications, but cardinal drive buffs are also huge. She was a game-changer for light season AR in a way that L!Azura could never be.

L!Azura is better/scarier in AI hands just because she can send a unit across the map in one turn and ruin your Arena/AR run, but that's a very different kind of utility. In most offensive situations, I'd much rather have Peony.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In NSESN's defense, I agree that Peony is generally better than L!Azura in the player's hands. The movement flexibility alone is stunning in its strategic implications, but cardinal drive buffs are also huge. She was a game-changer for light season AR in a way that L!Azura could never be.

L!Azura is better/scarier in AI hands just because she can send a unit across the map in one turn and ruin your Arena/AR run, but that's a very different kind of utility. In most offensive situations, I'd much rather have Peony.
This

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Any good up-to-date beginner's guides out there? I have ~10 5*s and I'm just playing through the story missions right now (will do paralogues afterward) to level them up. Not sure what to do after that. I also got a duplicate of one of my 5*s but not sure whether I should merge them or inherit skills or do nothing. I still have the beginner banner up with the boosted 5* rate so I'm burning orbs on that while I still have it.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Any good up-to-date beginner's guides out there? I have ~10 5*s and I'm just playing through the story missions right now (will do paralogues afterward) to level them up. Not sure what to do after that. I also got a duplicate of one of my 5*s but not sure whether I should merge them or inherit skills or do nothing. I still have the beginner banner up with the boosted 5* rate so I'm burning orbs on that while I still have it.
My advice would be to enjoy yourself. There is plenty of time to get bogged down in the meta down the line, you are at the most enjoyable part where a new 5* hero is a big deal even if they are one of the 'subpar' ones. You can use your favorite characters just because you like the way they look or they have a cool animation. There is always something new to do, maybe a squad assault, maybe a story level at lunatic.
Enjoy yourself, I would only use a guide to understand the mechanics. The late stage game gives a fraction of the enjoyment in my opinion.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm probably just going to sit on the Soul I bought for now. The only units I can see grabbing from it is free ones since I'd want to merge into them (can't use them as a merge or I would've bought Swordhardt Online instantly.)

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
My advice would be to enjoy yourself. There is plenty of time to get bogged down in the meta down the line, you are at the most enjoyable part where a new 5* hero is a big deal even if they are one of the 'subpar' ones. You can use your favorite characters just because you like the way they look or they have a cool animation. There is always something new to do, maybe a squad assault, maybe a story level at lunatic.
Enjoy yourself, I would only use a guide to understand the mechanics. The late stage game gives a fraction of the enjoyment in my opinion.
How many fully leveled characters do I need before I can realistically branch out into other modes?

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
How many fully leveled characters do I need before I can realistically branch out into other modes?
All of the modes scale somewhat except the multi map battles, although even there the chain challenges have lower difficulties - you just won't be able to get orbs from them until you have at least one decent team of 4. At some point you will have to start sacrificing 5* characters to give your best characters better skills - it is a sad day when you first kill off a 5*, I still find it hard. Don't be afraid to try out all the modes, most reset every week like aether raids and the coliseum so whatever you get from them is better than nothing.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
All of the modes scale somewhat except the multi map battles, although even there the chain challenges have lower difficulties - you just won't be able to get orbs from them until you have at least one decent team of 4. At some point you will have to start sacrificing 5* characters to give your best characters better skills - it is a sad day when you first kill off a 5*, I still find it hard. Don't be afraid to try out all the modes, most reset every week like aether raids and the coliseum so whatever you get from them is better than nothing.
Got it. I'll just focus on getting people to 40 for now then. Thanks!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
At least attempt the competitive and limited-time modes (Aether Raids, Coliseum, Events, Special Maps) so you can get some rewards. Allegiance Battles give you one point a week for every successful battle you complete so it eventually adds up.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These single/double LAzuras are getting out of control. Every. Single. Map. I wish I had bridal Fjorm.
Since its water season, even those who care about score loss can slot her, since she will be treated as dark/anima blessed. So pretty much anyone who got her will use her.

Also, since she is considered dark/anima blessed, she gets extra stats from the mythics - so a setup with 2 defensive mythics will boost her hp by 10, with hp skills on her A and S slot, she can reach 53 hp base - enough to at least avoid some Fjorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.