• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Today's Mjolnir's Strike went pretty well, made it up a rank.
Today's ARs though, whoo boy what a stinker. I dunno what the heck I'm doing now that I've got Altina on my team.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh Azura. I have a +8 one, so this is the first costumed hero that's tempting for me. Too bad that Blue Duel Infantry doesn't exist yet, this would be a no-brainer then. *See Edit.
She's Nifl-themed ... and still doesn't have shoes. Dunno, doesn't sound too smart to walk around an ice kingdom without some solid and warm footwear.

Managed to get into MS tier 20 again, barely though. I think i've reached a peak in what i can do with my +10 heroes, the only way for higher score values would be merges on the mythics.

By the way, anyone up for a bet about next weeks mythic hero? Just for fun, no ban / avatar stuff. ^^

I say: Next weeks mythic hero is the first colorless tome and connected to Loptous. Either a "fully possessed" Julius or Loptous in some sort of human form.

E: The fuck.

Blue Duel Infantry exists! Just checked on Gamepedia. But it's only on Berkut's dancer alt, which is limited ... ah fuck.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
As I suspected. So it does look like the FEH pass will cycle between 5* only units and 3-4* units. And that Azura costume is gorgeous! Though, like Ike, I find it amusing she gets her resplendent costume before getting a weapon refine!

Also to those DL players, another FEH crossover event coming late April.

Oct 25, 2017
What was your team composition before/after Altina? Did you already run two mythics?
Before it was just one - Naga - with Brave Ike, Kronya, Performing Olivia and either a bonus unit or seasonal legendary.
With two melee mythics I may need to reconsider Brave Ike, or get some experience on how Altina takes hits.

I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure, and it's not like I'll be dropping out of T21 or anything.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Another female resplendent hero, trash
I wish IS dropped the facade and deleted all male characters already so I can stop having hope and give up on this game.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think of Azura as a unit who needed new artwork anytime soon.
There are plenty of units, male or female, that needed new artwork before her.
At top of my head: Lloyd, Rebecca, Eliwood
I guess they will keep the 5* and then 4* thing but even thenl, they could've chosen better. Elincia on top of my head have a worse art.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
OG Azura really needs a new weapon refine before a stat buff. How much worse is her BST still compared to Soiree Berkut? lol

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Depends about that minmax, i think they have different roles. Azura can be a pretty good Res tank while still having salvageable Def, Atk and HP. Berkut can kill things with his Atk on the other hand.

In earlier times, Azura saved my arse more than once from the dragons, especially red ones up to BatMyrrh.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that they keep picking characters I don't care about for resplendent heroes because it means I don't have to even consider FEH Pass.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lysithea and OG Azura are almost identical in terms of physical bulk.

Azura: 36 HP and 21 def (31 atk and 28 res)
Lysithea: 37 HP and 21 def (41 atk)

To one-shot Lysithea, a blue unit without TA needs 49 atk, and with a 14mt weapon, Azura gets 45 (47 if the weapon is atk refined or if she gets a prf). Resplendent (or +atk) would give you enough atk to reach 49 and one shot her.

But if Lys initiate combat, she will have 73 atk (58 against a blue unit), and will inflict -3 res from lull, and -30% res from moonbow. A regular Azura needs 36 res to survive that. Now, if she is the same Azura as above (ie, resplendent and atk refine weapon), she gets +2 res and +7 hp, being at 43 hp and 30 res, now in this case, Azura needs only 26 res to survive, which she does have.

This is all considering neutral IVs and no buffs though

edit: Also, this is considering a distant counter Azura technically, since she will be doubled by Lysithea, she needs to kill her before the followup to survive

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
while finishing up chain challenges i decided to +10 tiny hands with the db3 seal and it's amazing how well he still does after all this time

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
screenshot_20200325_2mckzt.jpg

Wow, all +10 with premium skills. Now that's dedication.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, has anyone looked at the Mjonir's Strike score recently?

Valter's score is so big, it can't even fit all the digits on the screen. Was he always Lv123? Something got messed up.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, has anyone looked at the Mjonir's Strike score recently?

Valter's score is so big, it can't even fit all the digits on the screen. Was he always Lv123? Something got messed up.
I've looked. The actual score on the site is just above 2147483648

Which is the magic number 2^31, the highest value a 32bit variable can hold. That huge number is the result of an overflow

Oct 28, 2017
Before it was just one - Naga - with Brave Ike, Kronya, Performing Olivia and either a bonus unit or seasonal legendary.
With two melee mythics I may need to reconsider Brave Ike, or get some experience on how Altina takes hits.

I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure, and it's not like I'll be dropping out of T21 or anything.
Is your B!Ike highly merged? My team is similar to yours but I mainly use the mythics as smite/draw back bots along with deff stat buff as C skills and seals. My Kronya is supported with M!Corrin for max defensive support, but she uses broadleaf fan, CC and vantage. Drop Kronya on trap by smiting her, activate penalty on the opposing team by attacking and watch everything kill itself trying to attack her on enemy phase. Most people park their nuke in the middle of their team so if you can attack the nuke you'll debuff the whole team. I couldn't get Atame Kronya to work that well :-/
Naga's C skill helps a lot vs. certain dragons and I give M!Corrinn hardy bearing to deal with annoying vantage strats.

Oct 28, 2017
My Beginner Hero Fest banner expires today 😰
Good, take the opportunity to learn the game and save some ressources while doing so. Once you get a better idea which modes you like, you'll have an easier time building your teams around those modes if you've been hoarding your ressources instead of wasting them. Every ressources takes time to accumulate, some more than others.
Try to do the limited time events first (only the tempest trials is active for now).
The arena and aether raids have one season per week, so try to get a score for these modes before the week ends to get the rewards.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Good, take the opportunity to learn the game and save some ressources while doing so. Once you get a better idea which modes you like, you'll have an easier time building your teams around those modes if you've been hoarding your ressources instead of wasting them. Every ressources takes time to accumulate, some more than others.
Try to do the limited time events first (only the tempest trials is active for now).
The arena and aether raids have one season per week, so try to get a score for these modes before the week ends to get the rewards.
Got it, thanks! I finished all the paralogues and I'm working through the story on Hard now as stamina allows for both EXP and orbs. About to have my first character hit 40, so I should probably start looking into how to deck her out (Altina). Still haven't messed with any of the stuff that burns a character to buff another (merging, inheriting skills, etc.) so that's going to be on my radar.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, good, i thought something was wrong with my game when seeing the MS numbers yesterday. If they're not giving out apology orbs, i'll take apology grails or apology codes instead.

Oct 28, 2017
Got it, thanks! I finished all the paralogues and I'm working through the story on Hard now as stamina allows for both EXP and orbs. About to have my first character hit 40, so I should probably start looking into how to deck her out (Altina). Still haven't messed with any of the stuff that burns a character to buff another (merging, inheriting skills, etc.) so that's going to be on my radar.
Who was the character you got twice? Let's see if there is valuable fodder there ^_^
You got any other flying allies to go with Altina?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Who was the character you got twice? Let's see if there is valuable fodder there ^_^
You got any other flying allies to go with Altina?
I have 4 Tikis (the kid version, Torpid Dragon) and 2 Surtrs. Those are just the 5*s, I have dupes of a lot of 4*s:
  • Hana (Focused Samurai)
  • Cain (The Bull)
  • Ares (Black Knight)
  • Palla (Eldest Whitewing)
  • Adult Tiki (Naga's Voice)
  • Morgan (Lad from Afar)
  • Effie (Army of One)
  • Florina (Lovely Flier)
  • Robin (High Deliverer)
  • Barst (The Hatchet)
  • Raven (Peerless Fighter)
  • Gunter (Inveterate Soldier)
  • Soren (Shrewd Strategist)
  • Cecilia (Etrurian General)
  • Klein (Silver Nobleman)
  • Virion (Elite Archer)
  • Matthew (Faithful Spy)
  • Kagero (Honorable Ninja)
  • Maria (Minerva's Sister)
  • Wrys (Kindly Priest)

Flying-wise, I have Eir, Micaiah (Queen of Dawn), Camilla (Flower of Fantasy), and Peony.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Tiki: Torpid Dragon (or Fallen Tiki as we call her) is a completely busted unit. Pretty good pull to begin with.

Oct 28, 2017
I have 4 Tikis (the kid version, Torpid Dragon) and 2 Surtrs. Those are just the 5*s, I have dupes of a lot of 4*s:
*list*
Flying-wise, I have Eir, Micaiah (Queen of Dawn), Camilla (Flower of Fantasy), and Peony.
Bonejack is right, you already have a solid flying team.
Surtr's good fodder is Steady stance 4, he is the only character carrying that skill.

Some of those 3-4* can be really useful once built up, others like Cain (anyone ever seen a built up Cain? ) are mainly fodder, in this case for wings of mercy. Wings of mercy can be really powerful on dancers because they can teleport across the map next to any unit below 50% hp, enabling a second attack or a retreat.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
(anyone ever seen a built up Cain? )
Cain's my main man. First summon session ever gave me a 5* of him, and he was my first 5*+10. Sucked not being able to pass WoM 3 around for a long time... Anyway, he's an absolute monster on a cavalry team, especially in modes/situations where Galeforce and WoM are valuable. Bull Blade is a phenomenal weapon and I was so happy he didn't end up with something garbage like most other cavs.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, new weapons and refinements for Gunter, Gaius and Ursula, and a refinement for Spellrika. Ursula probably will get an anti-cav effect since she comes with Blarwolf to begin with, but Gunther will be interesting since he's just coming with a Silver Axe right now.

Eirika will probably get something to double down on her enemy @ full HP burst effect from Gleipnir.

cdyhybrid Imo, the first 3* / 4* units you should build into a 5* +10 merge project are the good old Bladetome mages Nino and Tharja. Especially in the beginning, those will help you clear the singleplayer contents more easily.

Of course, there's much more good units in those pools, but step after step. ^^

Oct 28, 2017
Cain's my main man. First summon session ever gave me a 5* of him, and he was my first 5*+10. Sucked not being able to pass WoM 3 around for a long time... Anyway, he's an absolute monster on a cavalry team, especially in modes/situations where Galeforce and WoM are valuable. Bull Blade is a phenomenal weapon and I was so happy he didn't end up with something garbage like most other cavs.
That feeling when a unit you already +10ed gets a good refine! 😃

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Looking forward to the lineup of new weapon refines.

Gunter - figures it wouldn't be long after Jagen got a weapon refine, that Gunter would get his as well. It does feel pretty mysterious what he'll get, but perhaps something similar to Jagen's? Just not gonna get a sabotage skill, I presume.

Gaius - pretty cute weapon I admit. Currently has rogue dagger by default, so like Matthew's I could see it being a good upgrade to that.

Ursula - my goodness glad another free unit gets a weapon refine. I too see it being an improved wolf tome, though hope it's something that stands out among the competition.

Looking at you Reinhardt.

SM!Eirika - ooooooh booooy! This is definitely the weapon I'm most looking forward too! Her weapon is a pretty decent one, though she's significantly more consistent with a blade tome. And the weapon itself has gotten powercrept since then, so hopefully the base effect allows for more in combat buffs and maybe a change in the HP threshold. The fact she's also a free unit via hero's path, I could see PM1 using Eirika's refine in F2P guides, albeit occasionally like B!Ike's. And whatever Eirika might get, it would give a pretty good idea on what L'Arachel could get when she gets her refine since it's almost the same weapon.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why L'Arachel didn't get anything (well, I actually do but it's just BS). I hope Gen 2 heroes start getting more refines soon, the Gen 2 TT/GHB really need them (Lyon, Marisa, Julius, etc).

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gunter - figures it wouldn't be long after Jagen got a weapon refine, that Gunter would get his as well. It does feel pretty mysterious what he'll get, but perhaps something similar to Jagen's? Just not gonna get a sabotage skill, I presume.
They could just make a sabotage skill that works with defense
I don't understand why L'Arachel didn't get anything (well, I actually do but it's just BS). I hope Gen 2 heroes start getting more refines soon, the Gen 2 TT/GHB really need them (Lyon, Marisa, Julius, etc).
Ehh... I prefer if they finish already the book 1 ones before jumping to the book 2 ones, they refining 5* gen 2 heroes is already annoying

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Launch heroes without a refine/prf:
Azura
Cecilia
FCorrin
Donnel
Draug
Effie
Fae
Gwen
Nowi
Olivia
Ryoma (has a prf)
Setsuna
Sheena

Could include the healers as they have refines but no prf.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling the reason those haven't seen prf and or refinements yet is that they are still rather common used units even today.

Well ... save for some guys like FCorrin, Donnel or Setsuna.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen people who have built up Donnel for AR, but agree with the others. It's so weird they gave MCorrin this cool refine ages ago and FCorrin just sits there waiting on everyone's benches.

I'd love it if Cecilia got a refine to add to her Raventome. The dream is if they just added Null C-Disrupt, but even if they just threw some stats at her, it would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.