• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Tiki: Torpid Dragon (or Fallen Tiki as we call her) is a completely busted unit. Pretty good pull to begin with.
Bonejack is right, you already have a solid flying team.
Surtr's good fodder is Steady stance 4, he is the only character carrying that skill.

Some of those 3-4* can be really useful once built up, others like Cain (anyone ever seen a built up Cain? ) are mainly fodder, in this case for wings of mercy. Wings of mercy can be really powerful on dancers because they can teleport across the map next to any unit below 50% hp, enabling a second attack or a retreat.
So if I understand the game correctly, the general plan should be:
  • Merge Fallen Tiki dupes into the one with the best IV
  • Use Surtr dupes to give Steady Stance 4 to anyone who needs it, otherwise merge them into the one with the best IV
Is that correct?

So, new weapons and refinements for Gunter, Gaius and Ursula, and a refinement for Spellrika. Ursula probably will get an anti-cav effect since she comes with Blarwolf to begin with, but Gunther will be interesting since he's just coming with a Silver Axe right now.

Eirika will probably get something to double down on her enemy @ full HP burst effect from Gleipnir.

cdyhybrid Imo, the first 3* / 4* units you should build into a 5* +10 merge project are the good old Bladetome mages Nino and Tharja. Especially in the beginning, those will help you clear the singleplayer contents more easily.

Of course, there's much more good units in those pools, but step after step. ^^

I'll have to pull some of those first :X but noted!

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
So if I understand the game correctly, the general plan should be:
  • Merge Fallen Tiki dupes into the one with the best IV
  • Use Surtr dupes to give Steady Stance 4 to anyone who needs it, otherwise merge them into the one with the best IV
Is that correct?

I'll have to pull some of those first :X but noted!
I have been playing for several months and still don't have anything higher than 6 merges on a single unit. New units are much more interesting to me than iterative improvements to existing ones.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I was bored so I did all the Heroes' Path. Why did nobody tell me the last reward is a BIke? That would have saved me so many orbs pulling for the last merge lol

I am Book 1 Chapter 3 in hard but I still dont know if I have fun. Any tips to get the point of the game?
It helps if you have any affinity towards the various FE characters. The point of the game is basically to create an army of your (soon to be) favourite units, give them more stats and better skills and clear content with said units. Almost everyone here is hoarding orbs until the next desirable thing.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Our first colorless tome, I see. Don't know this fellow, so I'm not sure if I'll try for them.

But boy, red is loaded. L!Roy, Altina, and my boy B!Alm? Don't mind if I do.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bramimond not having his own VA, and instead having the VAs of Eliwood/Lyn/Hector/Alfonse is a nice touch. He doesn't have an identity anymore, he takes the form of those he interacts with.

Also, his tome make a lot of sense thanks to this - foe has high attack, he gets combat buffs. Foe has high speed - he gets to double.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah so a counter to drive skills, so that would make things interesting if that's how the skill works.
Basically, the unit he is fighting against is unaffected, but everyone else on the other team will be treated as if they have no weapon/assist/special/A/B/C/S equipped.

In combat supports like BLucina, Kaden, Corrin, Marth etc wont do anything at all to buff anyone who fights him.

edit: Also, he comes with lull atk/res, so for the stats that matter, no visible buffs will work against him as well

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bramimond is interesting. Gets to do a 1v1 against his foe and Atk/Res Lull them + Void Tome stats. There are plenty of Close Call/Repel units that are going to boast both 50+ Atk and 35+ Spd, so both of his Void Tome effects would activate. Although I think Larcei would mess up his follow-up. I'm curious to see how bulky he ends up being. Giving him Atk/Def Push makes me think he's going to lean toward physical bulk. At the very least, he looks like a strong improvement over Yune on Dark teams. If it turns out his C-skill doesn't stop foes' weapon skills (like Lucina/Peony/Kaden, etc), I'm less interested.

I've saved up 600 orbs and am very pleased with the unit lineup here. Red and Blue are excellent for value if you're trying to get Legendary/Mythic merges, and B!Alm is an excellent pitybreaker if you miss. Phina scared me away last month, but am totally going to go for it this time. I think Green is the weakest here, but all 3 of the units have their strengths and fodder. Seeing B!Camilla as the colorless pitybreaker is great.

I think I'm going Red + Blue + Colorless, and will stop pulling Colorless if I get Bramimond.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bramimond is the ultimate 1 v 1 me bro unit, he is only lacking a lull spd/def seal.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, i was right about the next mythic being a colorless tome ... and wrong about everything else. ^^

Bramimond sure is a unique pick. From Blazing Blade i thought they go with Athos / Nergal.
His niche is super interesting, visible and in-combat buffs don't work on him. He is going to be a pain in the ass to fight. If i got his C-skill right, stuff like the Solo skill still work though.
Guess shutting down ALL buffs would be a bit too much.

Too bad that colorless is a bit meh with FGrima. Bravemilla is okay though.
Blue is stacked, red is stacked. Green is possible the strongest focus. Thrasir, Brave Micaiah, Mamori, those are some stacked units.

Yesterdays return banner rewarded me with a free Nephenee on the free pull. :D
+5 now, if i would drown in orbs, i would try for some more merges.

Okay, i could make her +6 already because i have a spare one, but that one is +Atk, the main one +Spd. So i'm having the "can't decide the better boon" problem again. ^^

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Void Tome wtf? I'm actually surprised they didn't name it Apocalypse.

But now I'm more hopeful we'll see Roland, Hartmut, St. Elimine etc. as mythic heroes.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Between Duo and TMS units and now Bramimond the voice actor power creep in this game is insane.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Void Tome wtf? I'm actually surprised they didn't name it Apocalypse.

But now I'm more hopeful we'll see Roland, Hartmut, St. Elimine etc. as mythic heroes.

Granted, i'm currently not sure if Altina is seen in either PoR, RD or one of the artbooks/content books, but wouldn't adding the other Eight Legends (save for Athos) be the first time that they added heroes who don't have any official appearance?

Bramimond does appear in person in Blazing Blade for what it's worth.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Granted, i'm currently not sure if Altina is seen in either PoR, RD or one of the artbooks/content books, but wouldn't adding the other Eight Legends (save for Athos) be the first time that they added heroes who don't have any official appearance?

You do see them ingame. Sort of.

latest

You also see Roland's ghost guarding the Durandal.

latest

Also, funny trivia: there's actually official artwork of Elimine if you linked FE7 with the Mario Kart: Double Dash preorder bonus disc.

latest

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah okay, Roland is a safe guess then down the road. For the others ... i thiiiiink that might just qualify somehow.

The last point: That is RANDOM as heck. Random artwork of an otherwise not really present character by linking FE with a *Mario Kart* preorder disc.

Random as heck.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
After 3 years of playing this game, today I finally got a +ATK Reinhardt. I guess I should +10 him right away.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

You get one piece of artwork of Altina in RD

15-RFEP01-128.jpg

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A remake including both of the Tellius games, with a bunch of the modern FE QOL improvements is the dream, I don't know if they'd actually do it, but I hope so!

I tried replaying the games after Echoes, and I ended up really missing being able to rewind turns, I just don't have the patience to have to replay an entire map every time you make a single bad mistake anymore, but I also want to play the games on a high enough difficultly that they're not entirely trivial.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh a remake will be made for sure, question is just how many years (and gens) we have to wait. And how remakes of games with a sequel/prequel set in the same world will work out.

If they do Genealogy and Thracia as seperate remakes, Blazing and Binding Blade as seperate ones ... we're going to wait for a loooooong time.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I tried replaying the games after Echoes, and I ended up really missing being able to rewind turns, I just don't have the patience to have to replay an entire map every time you make a single bad mistake anymore, but I also want to play the games on a high enough difficultly that they're not entirely trivial.
Play ironman and live with the consequences. That's what I've been doing to get through the days lately. I never knew to appreciate Marcus until I played ironman on Hector hard mode. He really should be in FEH to be honest.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Speculation: Bramimond doesn't have Apocalypse because they didn't use it during Blazing Blade and when it was first added in a game in Binding Blade, Bramimond was dead.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well not everyone has Bramimonds effect, and not every player will have them to begin with.

Owl Tomes sadly got powercrept by those passives and skills that broadened the effect to 2 tiles instead of directly around.

Just thought, Bramimonds worst enemy will be heroes that utilize Solo skills best. Like the various Laguz units, or Edelgard.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Brunnya also makes an effective mage tank and she's f2p.

Owl tome should still work because Bramimond disables all the other foes skills except for the one he is in combat with. I'm not saying they are good but they shouldn't be affected.
I meant more Bram will make owl mage tanks obsolete.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but Lys has Lull spd/res. Bram has atk/res. There's also no point in having massive speed with that prf but IS continually surprises me. It just makes sense for the first colorless tome unit to be tanky.

Status
Not open for further replies.