• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2018
Despite it being such a good ability, I have no idea of whom to equip the QR3 seal to. To me, all units that really like QR don't really care that much about other B slot skills, so they can use a better seal, such Close Def or Distant Def.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My first 5* was Alfonse because the gacha was a dick and wouldn't give me a 5* for almost two months, so I went and made my own.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so is this game a lot better playing on a tablet? starting to become a real hassle moving through hundreds of units on my phone

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I play it on an iPad Mini, feels like the perfect size to me. It's installed on my phone too, but I only load it up there when the tablet's not around.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, they do need to introduce a better way of sorting/categorizing your heroes. I have 360 and find it a chore going through them all; can't imagine how people manage with 500+. I definitely think boxes and filters are needed.

And while we're on the subject of the UI, the Allies menu is getting too cluttered since they're throwing everything new there (refinery, blessings, forge, etc.) Meanwhile, the Battle menu has barely changed with the same 6 areas for months. I know the Shop menu is there for the microtransactions, but it takes up too much room for how little it's used.

Some games don't care at all about power creep, others release buffs for old heroes.

For example, I played Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and every few months they'd release enhancements to old units, which consisted of buffing up their skills to match the newest units released into the game. These enhancements, of course, costed resources to gain but most of the time were worth it. Some old units went from irrelevant to S+++ tier after enhancements which was pretty fun to see. However, at the same time, Brave Exvius kept several (and I really mean several) heroes completely powercrept.

I'd hope IS eventually releases some way to raise the BST of older heroes since most of the new ones have 3-5 more BST than older ones. For the most part, it's not a huge difference but if you min-max some older heroes they'd get a lot better. For example, Felicia getting 4-5 extra base Atk would do so much good to her.

They definitely need to do something with the launch heroes. I have 5* ones with good IV's that just sit there because they've powercrept or require too much skill investment.

Some changes they could do:

-put all heroes available at 4* and 5* in the 4* pool only. You could still get pity broken but at least you won't get CorrinM or Lukas.
-make tier 2 specials available at 3*, or add a tier 3 special at 5*. I would even say make every Rally a dual Rally (unlocks at 5*), but that would be too good.
-increase the feathers you get for sending heroes home. In Hearthstone, you could convert your extra cards to dust, and if you dusted 4 legendary (highest rarity) cards, you could create 1 of your own. With this ratio, a 5* unit would give you 5000 feathers, a 4* unit would give you 500, and a 3* unit 50. Now this would be too much for a 5* and too little for a 3*, so maybe lower the feathers needed to unlock potential instead? Either way, it could be a nice incentive to people who spend money but don't partake in high-tier Arena/AA (arguably the most consistent and plentiful feather source).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Elise at the next legendary banner would be swell. Didn't know she had Gravity+, Recover+ and Live to Serve 3. Future TTs would be so much easier.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I play on my phone and haven't find managing my 400 heroes too bad. the advanced sorting options they added back then has been a great help.

I only favorite units that I use or plan to use, and select that as the first priority in the filter. This way I never have to scroll down pass a dozen rows to find anyone.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm watching some Tier 20 Arena battles. Someone has a team made up of 4, 40+10 5* Catria. Bloody hell!

flo.png

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Auto-battle AI is stupid as hell. It'll march fliers out into now range for now reason, or make bad attacks when a quick retreat would win, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I had to make alternate builds for some of my units to make sure they don't disintegrate the minute they start an auto-battle in a Tempest Trial.
No staffs for healers, no gem weapons or TA, and only equip Fury if a healer is coming along.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do the pity rates work on this 5*/4* banner? Does the pity rate on 5* focus/5* work the same (+0.25% to each every 5 pulls) with the 4* Focus/4* just the regular 4* rate split in half?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here use Mia? If so what build have you opted for and what units have you paired her with? I've had one since her banner but I've never used and am thinking to put her in a team now.
How do the pity rates work on this 5*/4* banner? Does the pity rate on 5* focus/5* work the same (+0.25% to each every 5 pulls) with the 4* Focus/4* just the regular 4* rate split in half?

Yeah I believe that's how it works. Good chance to get some death blow fodder. Lasts a good amount of time too so we can see what the anniversary has to offer before spending orbs.
I don't want any of these units :(

I guess Lancebreaker is nice to have.
Yeah same. All the things I really need are from blues that aren't on this banner lol. Death Blow is the only thing I could use a couple of. Maybe a few furys too. But not worth spending until we know what is happening with the anniversary.

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
shit this is the only kind of bait that could work on me. I tried a few, got no Kleins, Faes or Furyman though. I just need to hold out 10 more days for the legendary.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Not pulling on this banner, but my free summon yielded a 4* Klein, which is exactly what I hoped for.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
They actually released a pity breaker banner. Wtf.

Free summon got a 3* Nino. That's okay, I guess.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
this is next level bait though. Shiny new units don't do much for me from a practical standpoint. But more Faes for merging, Hinata for Fury, Barst for Reposition, Roy for TA3, Klein for all his good stuff is just genius. If not for the useless units in the focus and the legendary banner (presumably in 10 days) I'd dump 80+ on this. Would be cool to see this as a regular recurring thing.

jimjam

Jan 16, 2018
USA
So I lost my account due to my own stupidity back before skill inheritance was even a thing, and was too frustrated with losing my 5* units that I haven't really wanted to pick it up until now. Will I still be able to get back into it without much trouble? And is now a good time?
I guess I'm just really out of touch with this.

Oct 25, 2017
It's especially good for those players looking for a certain unit (coughFAE) and have 20K feathers to spare.
They must have seen those previous skill-based banners gathering dust after a day or two. Me, I did my free pull and never looked at them again.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So I lost my account due to my own stupidity back before skill inheritance was even a thing, and was too frustrated with losing my 5* units that I haven't really wanted to pick it up until now. Will I still be able to get back into it without much trouble? And is now a good time?
There aren't any particularly good banners running right now, so it might be better to wait for the next really good banner so that you can get more out of rerolling.

On the other hand, the current Tempest Trial has QR3 as a seal, which is extremely strong. I don't know when it'll come back.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Let me put it this way, you could come back now and get a ton of easy story orbs. In 10 days there will be a banner with 8% chance for 5* focus (and no pity rate breakers) and you could dump a bunch of orbs on that. Unless you had some really good stuff back then I bet you could put together a better account rather quickly. Anniversary is incoming too and considering what we got for the 6 month, I'd imagine we'll get some damn nice stuff.

You wouldn't be starting with zero 5 stars either. I know new players can get Fjorm for free, and NY Corrin from Tempest Trial should be easily attainable even for a new account. Can new people still get a free Brave Lyn too?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Let me put it this way, you could come back now and get a ton of easy story orbs. In 10 days there will be a banner with 8% chance for 5* focus (and no pity rate breakers) and you could dump a bunch of orbs on that. Unless you had some really good stuff back then I bet you could put together a better account rather quickly. Anniversary is incoming too and considering what we got for the 6 month, I'd imagine we'll get some damn nice stuff.

You wouldn't be starting with zero 5 stars either. I know new players can get Fjorm for free, and NY Corrin from Tempest Trial should be easily attainable even for a new account. Can new people still get a free Brave Lyn too?
Yeah, my wife lost her account and started it back up a couple weeks ago and was able to get a free Brave hero.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah same. All the things I really need are from blues that aren't on this banner lol. Death Blow is the only thing I could use a couple of. Maybe a few furys too. But not worth spending until we know what is happening with the anniversary.
I still have 3 spare Kleins, 2 Abels, 5 Roys, 6 Hinatas and 8 Faes. Lancebreaker I also have a couple but they're limited to Narcian. I figure blue mages could use Lancebreaker because of all those darn Pegasi.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, how did I hit the roster limit again? I'm at 405/405, and it's mostly garbage that I'm saving for no apparent reason.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i had to clear my roster too ... although i do sit on like four 4* Camillas and seven 4* Faes who wait for their promotion. Anyone got more of anything aside of orbs?

I think every GHB unit I've ever gotten has gone straight to the bench. :(

I just merge them if they don't have a really good skill to inherit.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no...

40 orbs and 4 more Faes and a 5* Barst. I have a 100 orbs left and only need two more Faes for a +10..........I was saving orbs, but this might be too hard to pass on. Fae's my girl!

edit: couldn't help myself, spent 50 more orbs and got another 5* Barst and another Fae....Time to do some merging!

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that healers can use Bowbreaker.

I guess there's my cheap level 3 B skill since I don't have any Wrathful/Dazzling staff users to feed.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Oi. Firemind. Send me Steady Breath and Aether. My Fae needs it.

Oh no...

40 orbs and 4 more Faes and a 5* Barst. I have a 100 orbs left and only need two more Faes for a +10..........I was saving orbs, but this might be too hard to pass on. Fae's my girl!

edit: couldn't help myself, spent 50 more orbs and got another 5* Barst and another Fae....Time to do some merging!
I'm going to pull on this banner because I like it. Great fodder units everywhere.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Well that escalated quickly...

ZwrReng.jpg

Might re-build her a bit. I'm tempted to remove Fury and give her Distant Defense as A skill and then QR 3 Seal with Vantage 3 B. She already has Aether to bump arena score futher too. 49 Res on a Fortify Dragon being attacked by a mage, whew.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My wife was playing last night and asked me who that blue mage I spent a hundred orbs trying to draw was but kept pulling Gwendolyns. I pointed her to the Radiant Dawn banner and on her first summon got 4 blue orbs. On her first pull, it was Micaiah. She of course thought this was endlessly hilarious.

I'm less than 1k points from my Quick Reposte seal. Is this any good on Ike (with Aether and Heavy Blade)? If I understand how it works correctly, he can go out and bait mages but attack them first so that he doesn't take damage, right?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
My wife was playing last night and asked me who that blue mage I spent a hundred orbs trying to draw was but kept pulling Gwendolyns. I pointed her to the Radiant Dawn banner and on her first summon got 4 blue orbs. On her first pull, it was Micaiah. She of course thought this was endlessly hilarious.

I'm less than 1k points from my Quick Reposte seal. Is this any good on Ike (with Aether and Heavy Blade)? If I understand how it works correctly, he can go out and bait mages but attack them first so that he doesn't take damage, right?

nope. quick riposte just guarantees a double attack in return if they're attacked. so the mage will hit first, ike, mage if they can double, then ike again

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
Had my first 716 score Arena match earlier. Staying in tier 20 is within sight!

Pretty sure I'm making this unnecessarily hard for myself by running an infantry mage team rather than armours or dragons, but I'm too far down the merge rabbit hole to stop now :P

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Might re-build her a bit. I'm tempted to remove Fury and give her Distant Defense as A skill and then QR 3 Seal with Vantage 3 B. She already has Aether to bump arena score futher too. 49 Res on a Fortify Dragon being attacked by a mage, whew.
Might want to run calculations on merged and unmerged Julia and Deirdre. Though the higher your arena score gets the less mages you're going to see. Scariest thing I encountered was a 40+10 Sophia with Keen Rauorwolf and Close Counter. Had to use Fjorm to soften her up a bit cause everyone else got murdered lol

Status
Not open for further replies.